Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Does anyone have an identification diagram for the wires going to the cassette deck? I want to eliminate the one on the 88 but the radio wont play without it. Any ideas. seems like i have seen this in the past but i cant find it.
  2. I have put 130,000 miles on my 83 and have had two different transmissions in it so I feel I know it pretty well. The oil I have mostly used has been Valvoline 10-40 and have also run Amsoil for motorcycles and some Valvoline Synthetic. This past oil change I put in the Rotella and even though the gear whine has not been real noticeable in the past, I am positively convinced that the whine is even less noticeable than before. I know that this may not help the whine that is associated with the clutch basket, but it may help the straight cut gear whine that is normal in these bikes. I was also wondering if any others that went to the Rotella oil feel this way? I got this oil at O'Rilleys for about $13 a gallon. RandyA
  3. I have an '87 with only 10'000 miles on it! Over its lifespan there have been several multiyear periods when it's sat idle due to persistent maintenance issues. Here is the latest. I drove it in June for approx. 10 miles and it ran fine. A few days later it "got sick"! It always starts, but when I tried to accelerate, it was exhibiting symptoms of only running on three cylinders. When I removed the air cleaner, only 3 of the sliders were moving. I've heard a lot about bad diaphragms, as well as other issues so here's what I've done (over the past 8 months). I thought that it may be a case of old gas so I initially gave it the Sea Foam treatment. No improvement. Although I couldn’t see any holes in the diaphragms, I didn’t want to leave any stone unturned so I have purchased several new diaphragms as well as slider/diaphragm kits. Just in case there was a problem with an old needle, I found a source and bought 3 new ones.($$$$$) Throughout the past 8 months I have turned it into a frustrating pastime of routinely mixing and matching sliders, diaphragms and needles to try to find a combination that would work. Here I have to emphasize that all through this process all I’ve managed to do is move the problem! The bike always starts with no hesitation but (even after it’s warmed up) it won’t respond to any acceleration. Incidentally, in order to try to minimize my efforts, I have just been juggling parts on the right two carbs only. In essence, I can get either the right front carburetor to act normal OR the right rear, but not both simultaneously. Here it is December and not only is it past riding season in New England but it’s also too cold to pursue this problem anymore in an unheated garage until Spring. Meanwhile, if anyone has any suggestions about something I haven’t tried yet, I’d sure like to hear it and I’ll take it into consideration when I resume trying to fix this problem in the Spring. It sure eats my heart out to own a bike that is mint physically but sick mechanically.
  4. sleepy2

R.I.P.

Just lost the last of my brothers and sisters yesterday. Brother Jack was 15 years older than me.He has been in nursing home for past 10 years at least with alsimers and dimentcia (spell checker didn't correct these )He will be missed.
  5. Now for the next 100k. Brought my 05 RSV Midnight on 12-28-08, with 15k on it from PO. It has been a blast riding this past 4 years. Hope to keep it going for 4 more.
  6. Anyone have one or have owned one in the past? Besides gas mileage, likes/dislikes?
  7. Over the past weekend we received 6 times as much rain as we've had over the past 2 & 1/2 months!! Now, one might think that we got flooded and washed away but in the past 2 & 1/2 month's we've maybe recorded an inch of rain. No wonder I spent the weekend "tinkering". http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73903
  8. Anyone know how to get Ebay auctions history for the past 2 years of entire Venture m/c?
  9. I got energetic today and changed the brake fluid. Being it's an '08 with 5k miles I doubted it had ever been done. Everything looked good inside the reserviors, just discoloration of the fluid. I'll let the experts decide if it looks normal or past due. One bottle contained new brake fluid (for comparison only) while the other is what came out of it. [ATTACH]70623[/ATTACH]
  10. Well, since this is the off year for Vogal here in the south east, I think we need to see what interest we may have in having another Asheville Rally. What I have done in the past is throw out the opportunity for everyone to let me know what interest there is and what dates people would like to suggest. Once we start getting this information, we can start putting something together. For those of you that have never been to the Asheville get together, it is really more like an extended meet and eat. It is very laid back and we have a great time. It is not real organized and so far that has worked real good. In the past we have stayed at the Asheville East KOA campground and have always been able to have the main congregation at the lilly pond. This is a great place in the campground as is is a bit off to itself and is also within walking distance to the cabins. There is not a registration fee and your costs are what you spend just having fun. We have always been able to double up on the campsites and this helps. We have in the past had about six or so campsites together and with these sites being large, we just kind of fill it up. For those that do not want to camp, there are nice cabins and a lot of motels close by. And, if you want any door prises, you will have to bring your own. As far as rides and meals, the opportunities in this area are abundant. You could spend a month in this area and still find great roads to ride and places to eat. We put together rides by asking "Who wants to ride where?" and go from there. Some may want to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway down to Cherokee, NC, which is the most majestic part of the parkway for running the crest of the mountains and is also the highest elevation on the parkway. Some may want to go to Grandfather Mountain or Chimney Rock. Some may want to go to the Biltmore house. Google these places if you don't know about them. As far as food, in the past we have gathered most at a particular BBQ restaurant on one evening and usually breakfast is fixed at the campground. We will make a run to the store for food and folks will chip in a couple of bucks. We usually have pancakes and bacon and sausage. To my knowledge, no one has ever left hungry. As far as dates, the times could probably be from June to September. We will just have to see how it would work best for the most people. Just respond with your thoughts and suggestions and we will see what can be put together. RandyA
  11. Thought I would pass this story on... I actually got caught up in one of these sport bikers runs while driving through Dallas/Ft Worth one night on my way to meet greet my daughter's return from Afghanistan. It was crazy...10 pm at night, probably a hundred bikes screaming past , in and out of traffic, I was doing 70mph+ and they passed me like I was standing still. All I could do was hold my lane and hope none of them went down in front of me. Still....this cop was wrong ! And... I want to know where/why the two other cops went running away.... http://www.theblaze.com/stories/cop-pulls-over-motorcyclist-in-order-to-confiscate-his-helmet-cam-arrests-him-when-he-objects/
  12. I bought this beauty last night, only 8K miles and lots of nice extras, including a Corbin seat and backrest. I ordered some new Avon venoms also, as the stock tires were squared off and past their best, oh and also ordered a short wide Yamaha windshield. Now do I keep my Road Star...........?
  13. http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=19THRdXxmaI
  14. What the heck are these two little brass parts used for that came off the red cap on the Deka Battery All I used was the bolts like I always have in the past. [ATTACH]64695[/ATTACH]
  15. i know from freebirds maint calander that motorcycletom and bongobobny are going to americade,i was just wondering how the show is from people that have been to it in the past. looks like alot to do and some good riding but looks like it will be very coastly.
  16. I would like to take a little time to express how thankful I am of all my blessings. Loving wife Penny Daughter Annie Fourman, husband Travis,grandaughters Madyson and Alyssa Daughter Amber and her boyfriend Josh Mother June Brother Jim Aunt Mary All of my cousins, nephews and family, Past and present and All of the friends i have made over the years, especially the ones I have made here and the ones I will make in the future. Merry Christmas! P.S. My dog Casper and cat Boo Roo.... LOL
  17. I had some tests on my ears today about 1 1/2 hours worth of very involved testing, due to the vertigo and dizziness I have been experiencing for the past 1 1/2 months. They believe there is a problem with a nerve that connects my ear to my brain that is not functioning all the time, he explained it as a short circuit in laymans terms, now I have to have an MRI of my ear to get a more detailed image of whats going on. It seems like I have been going to the Dr.'s for one thing or another for the past 3-4 months, next week or sometime before Xmas I have to go have an injection into my neck to try to alleviate the pain and discomfort I have be experiencing lately................when will it end.............???? But at least I have plenty of time since I am off on disability for the next 3-5 weeks. I guess it comes with getting to be a senior citizen.:doh:
  18. I thought everyone would get a great feeling about what we do for the kids at St. Jude. I posted a picture of part of our group with a young patient there, and this is what his mother posted on facebook. Misty Dawn Shields I really wish that we were able to thank every single person that has every donated money to St.Jude. I feel each one, no how much they gave, has had a roll in saving Brayden's life. I have looked back on the EOB's from our insurance company and within the past year his treatmeant has cost probably close to half a million dollars or more. We could have never came up with that on our own. Everytime the boys see donors visiting the hospital they want to take pictures with them because to us they are Heros and Heroines (even angels)! Superman has nothng on St.Jude Donors!!!! Thank you all! Like · · 4 hours ago ·
  19. I have a question for you ladies. What is the best way to wear long hair while riding? I have long hair past my shoulders and in the past I've not been overly concerned with how my hair is after I take off the helmet. But soon it will be a near daily thing to be on a bike. I've seen those skullcaps with attached ponytail holders on different leather and biker sites. I personally can't french braid my hair, but sometimes Hubby will do it for me. Anyway, I wanted ideas.
  20. I was looking at pic from Cody and when I saw this one, it occured to me that Jack was way past having a good time.....
  21. I kid you not......a local church here in Omaha put up a new sign. I was cracking up as I rode past tonight in 94 degree heat. Satan called! He wants his weather back!
  22. We had the privilege tonight to attend the full dress rehearsal of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir with Jan & David Harris [utadventure] The concert is dedicated to the men and women of the U.S. forces, past and present. To hear the Hymn of the Republic sung by these people was very uplifting,I shall always remember it!
  23. than sorry. Just in case anyone going to Cody in a couple of weeks but has been trapped under a rock for the past few days or does not listen to the national news. http://www.charter.net/news/read.php?ps=1011&rip_id=%3CD9OAG2D00%40news.ap.org%3E&news_id=17094067&src=most_popular_viewed Just stay alert while in Yellowstone.....
  24. I understand i can get past service records online with yamaha? Could anyone point me in the right direction. I just became a member on the yamaha site but didn't see the place to check it out. thanks
  25. I've just run out of time folks. I was working on a design and have it pretty much done but by the time I post here for orders, get the totals, get them ordered and etc., I just don't have time to get it all done. Sorry about that. The past couple of months have just been WAY to busy for me. I promise to get started on the earlier next year and we will have them again.