Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 10 results

1. Previous owner installed a set of Baron's Risers on the RSV. Not sure that I like them. Got a pretty good reach being 6'5". I feel that my arms are trapped and I cannot extend quite enough for my liking at low speeds. The flexing of the risers themselves are also a concern. Would like to get any feedback from those that have tried them and went back to the stock setup.
  2. First of all let me say that I have thought alot about this since yesterday morning. I want to make my feelings clear about some of the posts by inconsiderate members concerning you guessed it Protective gear It is not anyones right duty or responsibility for anyone to comment on whether someone not of your imediate family (you pay there way) on whether a rider does or does not wear there gear.No one tells you to wear your gear so you can stop making posts on threads about whether an injured rider would or would not be in better shape after and accident if they were wearing all or some if any of the protective gear they may or may not own or like to wear.I dont give my friends and addopted family any grief if they do or dont suit up to ride I only wear a helmet because its required in the state I live in.Mini doesnt like me not to wear one but thats between me and her and no one elses concern as far as I look at it. I know that this thread is probably going to be deleted and if that is the case so be it the moderators do a damn fine job of keeping things correct here.feel free not to send me a pm or call me if you dont like my additude about this because I most likely will offend you before you get to many words out. I hope that everyone that has been injured as of late makes a full and complete recovery and that is all you need to concern yourself about with a post of an injured rider.Ask yourself this if you dont chose to put on all of your protective gear before you run to the store to get a loaf of bread or other items and you get into an accident whose fault and concern is it if you crack you head or get some road rash ect? Jeff
  3. I saw this today on the web and thou I don't think it would concern most of us I know it could effect some here. Larry http://portal.wowway.net/news/read.php?rip_id=%3CD9I6VPMO0%40news.ap.org%3E&ps=1011
  4. Just wondered if anyone has found their final drive getting hot? Put my hand on the diff housing, (where the oil is), after 100 ks today & could only just keep it on there. Didn't hold thermometer to it but it was hot enough to concern me. Never felt it before so don't know if this is normal? Wheel rim is warm. Oil level is good. Brake disc is cool. Thanks guys Tony.
  5. rear end lowering kit installed... could I still add a trike kit? If needed in the future? My concern would be ground clearance? My ankle is slowly deteriorating after a couple of surgeries.
  6. Does anyone know of a chrome or other accessory for the rear spearker grills on a Gen. 2 RSV. I'm afraid the plastic is a very weak design and want to cover the origional grill in the passenger armrests. Already had one rib break and was able to fix it with glue for ABS plastic. Don't think I'm the only one out here that sees' this as an issue, so if you don't know of a custom made accessory and have performed some type of modification, I would be interested in hearing about how you solved this concern. SHAMUE
  7. Today I bought a 85 VR with 49,000 miles got a great deal $1,000.00 bucks has a couple of issues it will need fork seals. It has a miss and suppers at high rpm it has been settin for a while put half can of sea foam and filled tank with premium. Class system was unpluged pluged it up got E-4 code. Main concern is rear brake is draging going to drain old and put new fluid and bleed. Thought I saw something about someother problem that might cause it?
  8. Hope for info. My 05 is yet to have the trunck top rack or the rear factory available spoiler with tail light. Can both these go on ? or if one is installed, you can't put the other on? My concern is safety and being seen at night. Comments?
  9. Hi Folks, I'm looking to revamp my RSV 2000 model with a dark blue colour scheme and just wondered if anyone could advise me in how big a job it is to remove all the bodywork, my main concern being the fairing. Would appriciate any help / info regarding timescale and things i may need to replace which are awkward to remove. Thanks Sis
  10. Not much posted here that I can find on oil pressure issues with these bikes. Read the oil level indicator post. Appears not a concern, but have a high mileage unit and wonder if there is any experience out there with this.