Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 9 results

1. I want to put in a platform and sidewalk. I'm sure I won't be able to mix enough concrete to do the job in one fell swoop. Is is okay to add new concrete to concrete that has already set?
  2. My slab infront of the garage gets pretty black every year. And every year I get the pressure washer out. Is there some biogradeable chemical that one can sprinkle on concrete slab to soak in so that a gentle spray can get it clean. Right now I end up having to get the spray very close to the concrete to get it clean. It uses a lot of water.
  3. Discouraging find this weekend. My 24 x 48 garage has a serious problem, at least 1 6x6 post is rotting out. These posts are rough cut true 6in x 6in popular, set about 4' deep in concrete. Then walls were built, then pad poured inside. Not easy to inspect other posts and will work just 1 at a time. Does not appear to be any wood left in concrete pour under 6x6-seems to be just rot and dirt. Looking for suggestions of how to repair. My first thought is to start carving with the chain saw a 4 x 4 recess into the 6x6, auger as deep as possible in the concret pour, then jamb a treated 4 x 4 into the augered concrete pour and recessed 6 x 6. Bolt the 4x4 to the 6x6 and repour concrete to set 4x4 and pack concret up to support bottom of remaining 6x6. Any other ideas?
  4. Holy Crap! I just hit a large rolling tool cart on my way to work. I was doing about 75 mph on the freeway in the early morning light. I was distracted by something (probably the truck pulling off the road up ahead) and suddenly a large gray square appeared about the same color as the road. I thought it was concrete! I did not have time to hit the brake and I just slammed into the middle of it with a shattering thwack. The heavy plastic shattered and flew all up into my bike busting my lower fairing and knocking the vents out. My feet were stinging but I was wearing cowboy boots so no injuries. I have not closely looked at the bike yet, but it looks like the fairing is repairable, but the vents are lost forever. I went back to the crash site after pulling over and catching my breath. Other cars had been smashing thru the debris. I found one of my vents crushed. I guess I am lucky, it could have been concrete. The great jumpmaster in the sky was looking out for me.
  5. ok with all the knowledge in this room i'm sure a good answer to this question, my bikes sit in an insulated garage with no heat and sweat forms on the bikes other then heating it how do i keep the bikes dry. and yes the floor is concrete
  6. With all the swings in temperature lately I have been getting condensation covering the bike. It is stored in an unheated garage on a concrete floor. What can I do to prevent this from happening?
  7. i'm at work and i get a phone call from scheduling.....it appears that the local storm...BLEW my bike over !!.....i don't know if it actually blew it over or blew it forward and it fell...either way, the parking garage guy says major damage to faring....this is an 840 lb bike.....hard to believe...the bike is parked next to the office under the parking ramps...on concrete...it's not really out in the open.....i just finished mounting new tires, carbon 1 braces, new plugs, carb sync.........anyone ever heard of this with a bike this heavy..??
  8. Ok would like to know what everyone thinks. What kind of or brand of shoes are the best for working 8-16 hours on concrete? Sometimes not moving every much. Come home last night and was hurting. Back, ankles, knees and hips. Thinking about buying a new pair of shoes. Need ideas.
  9. No, not on the bike. I was pouring concrete at my house wed. with my wife and son helping. Just 7 yd. but the last half was getting tough to drag and I ended up on my knees. The knees began to hurt I thought from the rocks but when we got thru I could barely walk and when I changed pants, realized something worse had happened. Concrete has alkaline in it and I ended up with 2nd degree burns on my knees and about 5 inches down my legs. So needless to say I have been in some pain the last few days and haven't been on the site. Not only that but wed. eve. we had tornados and the power was off until last night. One neigobor lost a roof and a trailer destroyed down the road with a lot of trees and power lines down. Anyway that's enough crying on your shoulders, it's getting better, according to the doc it could have been a lot worse.