Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Would anyone be interested in the purchasing of replacement sight glasses for the Brake & Clutch master cylinders? I know that there are some of these that have discolored or leaked in these older bikes. I have just finished replacing both of my sight glasses with a mineral glass watch crystal. I wanted to powder coat my master cylinders. To do this, I needed to remove the sight glass as it would not take the heat of the curing process. In doing so, I destroyed the sight. I have replaced both of these now with the watch crystal. I used quick setting jewelers 2 part epoxy to bond into housing. I had to buy 3 crystals & the epoxy to meet suppliers minimum order. I have had the extra crystal soaking in brake fluid for several days now. It shows no signs of discoloration. If I could do a bulk purchase, it would cost $12.00 for two crystals, including shipping to you. If you wanted, I could also get the two part epoxy for another $5.00. I know these work on 1st gen bikes, but I am not sure about 2nd gens. The crystal I used is 17.5 mm dia., & 2mm thick. 1st picture is of old sight removed & O ring that is under it. 2nd picture is of installed crystal. Let me know if interested. Gary
  2. The sight glass on my front brake cylinder burst, I caught it all, and super glued the sight glass (it does not drip. Remotely sight usable) But, it seems despite that, the lower half of the plastic on the terminal panel that holds the CLASS, and the CB is severely gone now, the "seat" for it all is still fine. (And, gone as in. The CB bounces >.>) Anyone have that panel? http://www.mrcycles.com/fiche_section_detail.asp #45 here
  3. yooper

U P

Just wondering if im the only one from the U P of Michigan on this sight? 73 Yooper
  4. Guys, I have had my spin on Rivco adapter since 1991. I have been using Puro-classic 10193. Now after just 1600 miles I have noticed my oil is way darker than ever using my usual Mobil1 20w50. I can't see the back of the sight glass w/o a flashlight. And I am going to change it soon. NOTE: I have dyno tuned the bike, not running rich and getting 38 mpg 75mph hiway and 43 mpg back rural roads every day. Maybe The filters are now made different or I got a bad one that the "bypass" was stuck. Thus not filtering. I once used a PureOne and found it was way too restrictive. Actually significantly lowered the oil pressure showing on my gauge. And thus used only the Purolator-classic for 20 years. Q: What spin on filters do you guys use? Wix, STP, Napa ??? ANd how clean does your oil come out?...obviously clean is a relative term. I always find the sight glass on the centerstand a good gauge.
  5. My Clutch master started oozing/leaking around it's sight glass. I have ignored the crazing ugly mess for a couple of years, but this spring she started to leak. Instead of risking my plastic, I bought the watch crystal as mentioned in the other thread and decided to get to work. First, open up the master and become horrified. This goo is all over in there, which means it's in the slave and line. yay, more work ahead of me. Clean it out good, I siphoned out all the old with an old turky baster and rags. then washed it with clean new synthetic DOT3 compatible. you can see the corrosion from the water that was in the fluid. Note: change the fluid more than once every 4 years. second, get a couple of tiny thin screwdrivers and a small hammer, you can go around the outside of the old glass making a gap, to eventually get most of the old rotted plastic out. at this time the little metal piece that has a slot on it will fall out. dont worry, you will not use this anymore. Third, get a small screwdriver and start tapping out the metal insert ring that held the old sight glass assembly. go careful as you can ding up the aluminum housing easily. Finally, clean it all up with a painters prep and get a good strong solvent resistant epoxy. I used JB weld as they claim it's brake fluid resistant and I cant find others that do claim this. but it has to be fully cured, so that means a few days without contact to Brake fluid. that's it. Unless someone finds a way to put a more modern one on the bike, we cant get replacement sight glasses, and Used ones are ready to fail just based on age. I really hope this helps someone, it took me a leap of faith to do it and I freaked out when the sight glass did not fit, that's when I discovered the press fit insert you have to knock out.
  6. During my bike cleaning today i decided to try to clean the clutch sight glass. I used a screw driver to lightly scrape away the thick oxidation. Then the problem, fluid began to leak from the center of the glass. Can i repair this with sometype of glue or adhesive. I'd really hate to go through the sight glass replacement process.
  7. We will be spending several days with friends in Bowerston, Ohio this spring. They don't ride so they don't know what kind of roads to look for from Bikers. Since I ride a Venture and not a Crotch Rocket, I am looking for midly curvy roads to 'cruise' on, NOT race. Also, any local sights or places of interest. While our friends are at work, we planned on cruising the local area, 'sight seeing'. When we were visiting them last year, we learned of a couple of customs that were different from ours here in Omaha, Ne. - They like vinager on their French Fires, and have something like 'Hot Bacon dressing' for their salads!! BOTH of these really surprised us and we LOVED them. So, while we are out sight seeing, I would like to find some local places to eat that are either differrent or just plain ole VERY good food. We are getting tired of eating at 'Applebees' or other chains everytime we go out of town. So, I thought some of you folks might have favorite places you could point us to. Any suggestions are appreciated, craigr
  8. I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in Iowa in private practice. I treat a whole variety of conditions, one of which is PTSD in Vets. I've recently been told by an Iraq Vet that the VA treatment he has received has not included exposure therapy or desensitization. I know that there are many Vets on this sight so I wanted to ask peoples experience with the VA and what treatment they or someone they know has gotten from the VA. Tim Lantz Iowa Guy
  9. After flushing out my clutch oil today because it was 'dark' in the sight glass, I notice it's still 'dark' in the sight glass after all fresh new DOT 4 went into the system.. The brake reservoir sight glass shows bright oil but the clutch is still showing dark oil.. Is this due to a dirty sight glass and can it be cleaned? Cheers
  10. This site is AWESOME and has really helped me out a lot! Just thought that I would share how I mounted my GPS to my '86 scoot. I had tried mounting to the handle bars but found it vibrated more that I liked, was not well protected by the windshield & was too far out of my line of sight to feel safe. After a lot of thought I figured out that I could mount it to my fork because it is very stable & already has threads. It also positions the GPS in a good line of sight & is well protected by the windscreen. I had access to a small lathe so I made the custom spacer & bought the aluminum RAM mount components. See pics for more detail. I really like it and have made one for a friend that has an '84 venture.
  11. holy cow, it's only 14 days off. time sure flew this summer. the weather is cooling down here in mo.. looking forward to seeing you all for some great riding and sight seeing. what an awesome area for a meet. we will be eating the final dinner sat. night at applebees in sullivan,mo.. can't wait. bill
  12. I seen a black venture heading toward Gaylord Mi. on M32 last night. was someone here out sight seeing it would have been around 6:30 pm and riding two up
  13. Sorry for the dumb question.... I just changed the oil and oil filter in my 89 for the first time yesterday. The manual said with an oil filter change there should be 4 qts, so I just dumped it in. On the center stand the sight glass is all the say full. Should I empty some out to get to half full on the glass? Thanks!
  14. I know what the manual says about this. Stand bike upright (level), check that oil is halfway covering sight glass. I know thats not word for word. My question is how do you make this a one person operation? Right now I have to have one person level the bike while the other gets down to the level of the sight glass. Any other way?
  15. We've been kickin' around the idea of building some type of aluminum pull behind camper trailer for our bike. While searchin' the web for shape and other feature ideas, came across this sight. http://www.microlitetrailer.com/microlitegallery.html click on moto-mate Found some other brands hooked to GW, BMW, Kaw Voyager, and HD, but this one really caught my eye. Anybody here?? Later, Scooter Bob
  16. I purchased a 2009 RSV in July new off the showroom floor and have a question about the CD changer, is it a standard feature in 09 or is it still an option? I read the article in Rider magazine and they mention the CD changer is standard for "09". Mine did not come with it. It was wired for it in the left saddlebag but the connection was taped to the side of the bag under the latch. I read the Additional Features section of Yamaha's sight and it states - Single-point audio control system for AM/FM radio, cassette, CD changer and intercom is MP3-compatible and headset-ready. Any help would be appreciated.
  17. Love at first sight... Don't you just like a happy ending?
  18. Hello from Ohio Oil sight glass dirty, dealer said it's from wrong oil already replaced all clutch componets, unable to tell how much oil is in crankcase,is there any easy way to clean glass or do I have to replace it as dealer said,if so can it be reached through oil pan? Like my Dad said I'll never learn Tom takingsley@earthlink.net
  19. Did some searches came up empty handed. Other than Dons MD does anything ever go on in the Ohio area. You know any rides or meet and eats, that I see happening all over the world on this sight. Just seems strange that the sight originates right around the corner and nothing else happens around here.:think:
  20. OK I am a member,dues paid BUT I was trying to tell a friend how to Join and I have not noticed where a NEW person would click to join? Am I missing the correct page? Im sure its on here but I have a tendency to not see something in plain sight?? Thanks Tom
  21. Reed

Carbine one

I have been looking for some info on this jack. No luck finding any thing. Need a web sight please! Thank you.
  22. Looking for a sight that carries bag liners for RSV. Anyone out there that can help?
  23. Is there or has there ever been a dipstick to use in the Mk1 instead of that *&%#@ sight window?
  24. I did my first oil change this week (2005 RSTD). I filled it to middle of the sight glass, started it to make sure the oil filter was full and checked it again. I had to pour a little more in to get it back to the middle. The thing I have a question about is after I rode to work and back the next day, I looked at it again and it's all the way to the top of the sight glass. Is this normal? Should I drain some out?