Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. I was riding after dark when a car in front of me slammed on it's brakes and moved off to the side of the road a little causing me and the person I was with to have to make a quick move to the center of the road to avoid hitting the car. About a mile up the car rolled up beside us and said my high beams were on. When I told him (showed him) they were not on he said they were too bright (bright enough to cause him to almost run me off the road). When I got home I checked the aim of the headlamp and it was pointing into the sky - right where at proper following distance a rear view mirror would be. I had replaced the stock bulb with a silverstar and had not changed a thing. Lesson learned, from now on I'll check where the headlight is pointing...
  2. my venture sprung an oil leak from a cam cover gasket so she is parked till spring. but on the bright side while i have it open i am gonna check my valve clearances
  3. Here's my dilemna...I purchased the Trunk spoiler for my 08 RSV (haven't installed it). The general feedback here is that the lights in the spoiler aren't all that bright. Then the thought hits me....LEDs! Has anyone done a mod to the spoiler that replaces the standard lights in the spoiler with some "super brite" LEDs? I'm willing spend a little $$ to get a flexible bright RED LED strip and work through the installation process. What kinds of things should I consider when I start down this path? Are the lights both running lights and brakes? Are there any special considerations for using LEDs in a dual-intensity situation like this? Or am I all wet here? Certainly don't want to lay down track if someone has already blazed a trail here!
  4. On the way home from the last Ga M&E someone (I don't remember who) on a 2nd Gen had a LED bar under the trunk. as I recall it consisted of a double row of LED's, half the bar would light up as the turn signal, and the brake part would flash before becoming steady. don't recall if it had a running light feature, but it was a bright little sucker! I've been looking on line trying to find it but so far no luck. If you own one, or know which one I'm talking about, please let me know. Thanks.
  5. My team failed to show up and the coach failed to try to remedy that by putting his other QB in, not saying we could have come back, but it least I would have tried. But on the bright side LSU still has the better record. Anain, my hats off to the Tide, I hate to say it but Saban outcoached Miles. There will always be next year.
  6. when I was checking out a couple of the skywatching sites that I am a member of they were remarking how bright the northern lights were tonight. There were reports from Southern BC to Ontario and even a sighting of red lights in Ohio. If your sky is clear go have a look, it might be worth it! Brian
  7. I had a follow up with my eye doctor today and he is saying everything looks good. Other than a little stinging the first day, I have not had any pain, so I have a bottle of Loratab I don't need. At this point, I can only see images of bright light, but the doctor is still telling me that the bubble in my eye is what is affecting my vision. So, I guess for now it is just a waiting game so see what I am going to end up with. RandyA
  8. Now, pity the fool who says "sorry, I didn't see you".. He'll deserve the beating he'll get.. 6000k single bulb double action HID kit from http://canadiancruisercustomizing.com/ (35W only) The 4.5" LED highway lights are from Custom Dynamics. (12w each) the super bright LED 'always on, signal off' signal lights also Custom Dynamics and the little bullet lights at the bottom are also from http://canadiancruisercustomizing.com/ (4w each) This is what I meant by presenting a large blob of light at oncoming traffic.. this is much more noticeable and attention getting than a single 55W headlight.. When seen sideways, there is a big glow of white in front of the bike and front wheel plus the side marker lights and the wrap around glow of the super bright tail lights... Will this prevent me from getting into an accident? Will this ensure I'll never get hit by an inattentive driver? Hell no.. but it should help justify the beating I'll give him when standing before the Magistrate (just kidding... a little) Your mileage may differ, this set up is gosh awesome bright and illuminates the highway like no one else's business.. AWESOME!!
  9. I have had an ongoing problem with my 84 VR. On start-up, it continually smokes black, and then when riding/cruising, keep getting small snaps from the breather box. From what I have seen, it backs up on two cylinders. Anyway, today I took my laser temp gun and checked all outlets to make sure I was getting a good reading. They all showed between 72 and 78 F. Started the bike up, and let it get warm. Just at idle, the two front cylinders were showing 180 - 190 F, and the two back ones were 84 -85 F. Does anyone have any good / bright ideas?
  10. Finally got my 84 VR back together, and with the 9deg C weather yesterday, headed out for a little cruise. Looking out the window today.........different story. High winds are supposed to top 100 kms/hr, the ground is white, and its around the freezing mark. On the bright side, yesterday was the earliest that I have ever taken my bike out, and it seems to be running great. Hard to beat that NS weather. Anyway, next week looks better. Thanks for reading, I was bored, and just venting.
  11. While down at the International Motorcycle Show with y'all .... DaMoose (Joe) bought an HID kit for his headlight. We went back to his place only a few min away from the center and I installed it WOW BRIGHT. He really liked it and I did also. The only thing is now the passing lights look YELLOW/AMBER. I like the contrast but they totally do not add anything to the lighting now. We went back to the show and I also bought an HID kit but I got the Bi-HID which has both hi-low HID, his only had low HID regular HIGH. There is much more wiring involved with the Bi kit I will say though. I really like the extra bright white light. Now the question..is there a sealed beam lamp that can replace the OEM to make them look WHITE. Either change them to HID or LED or even maybe change the housing so that it is a BULB type so I can put super white bulbs in them. Thanks for the helps y'all. Oh n I HIGHLY recommend the HID for visibility at night and day.
  12. Hoping some has some insight for me. Has anyone purchased L E DS from www.superbrightleds.com If so how good are they and are they as bright as they say. Any info would be great. Thanks
  13. Hi guys, anyone here using LED signal lights on the RSV? I've seen some on other bikes and didn't think they were brighter or near as bright as the OEM incandescent bulbs. If you have LED signal lights on your bike, and believe they are as bright if not brighter than the OEM lights, AND remember the URL to where to find these lights, could you please drop me a line? Thanks in advance. Cheers
  14. My truck clutch is going out its going to be about 25 to 27 degrees out in the morning found parcka pants to wear from when I was in the Air Force in the 80's, bright carolina blue mittins from I don't know where and my leather jacket. Lets see what happens.
  15. On the subject of small bright lights to make ourselves more visible, here's some photos of the lights I'm using which I like very much. They are Canadian made, costs $70 a pair, and are rugged as heck. I have mine mounted on the engine guard just forward of the floorboards. I did not expect these to be bright enough to drown out the bike's larger highway lights and they don't. But what they DO well is light up the front of the bike and put down on the ground a bright swath of light around the front of the bike, and light up the front of the bike to make it more visible sideways at night. During the bright day light, the little lights really don't do much for drawing attention to themselves but they will catch the eye. Its when the daylight starts to fade is when you really appreciate what these lights can do. Fully visible at around 175' they reall draw attention to themselves and catch the eye. At sunset, cloudy days, these lights are bright! And this is what it's all about, making yourself as visible as possible for the doozy eyed cager who isn't paying attention out there. I've had other bikers follow me in to a coffee stop just to ask about the lights and even had car drivers comment on how bright and attention getting they are. Simple to mount with any style p-clamp (1 inch for the engine guard) and easier to wire up, I have mine on a handlebar mounted switch. These lights are bright enough that I flashed these lights at a car that cut me off and they pulled over right away, possibly thinking I was a cop bike? Dunno about that one but the look on the driver's face was priceless.. These lights, and the easy to install HID kit are available at http://canadiancruisercustomizing.com/ (note on photos: I have a sheep skin over the HID to block out the bright light on two photos. The red brake light is indeed that bright, and even brighter with the brake applied, from Custom Dynamics)
  16. I own a 2007 VR and would like brighter headlight and passing lights . Some of my rideing is done late at night (I work 4pm to 12am ) and I don't feel that the stock bulbs are bright enough for me to see all the 4 legged critters , big and small . Would like to know what others have tried and use , would like to get the brightest possible. Don't care if I look like a plane landing on a runway . Just want the light to be bright as possible . I have my passing lights hooked up so that when I turn on my high beams they come on and they are off on low beam . Thanks for any help .
  17. mraf

Kilroy Cool

This afternoon Kilroy Cool was basking in the pond in the back yard. Shades were mandatory, so bright we were snow-blind without them.:rotfl:
  18. Wanted to know how bright they are. Looks like they may be better the HID. http://www.levineautoparts.com/ledheadlight4.html
  19. I would like to get very bright turn signal and tail light bulbs any suggestions?
  20. Need to make a little correction here. It is only 5, yes 5 days before the 2009 Pork in the Pines Pig Roast kick off. The festivities start Friday, September 4th with the Chili social. Depending on how the cooking goes, the social will probably get under way about 7pm and go until the wee hours of the morning. Cook can't stay up too late though... Needs to be up bright and early (well, at least early) to get breakfast started Sat morning. And, if anyone has a special request on how you want your eggs, you better get em in quick. :rotfl:
  21. Well as many of you know I'm sold my Venture due to economical downturn, but now I feel very sad. Steve W is hour away from Chicago, with his truck, and trailer to take my baby wher she belong, in twisties of nothern Georgia. I don't know I have mixed fillings, I'm sad, but I'm happy, surviving this turbulent times. In bright side Lina is start new job, and I'm hired for new job too, so hope to have another one sun. You gal's and guys pray for Steves safe trip. Love you all.
  22. I'm addiment about driving with my bright lights "ON" all the time. With over 300,000 miles and thousands of trips in 44 years of biking, I'm positive this has "Saved My Life" more than once. Hundreds of other safety conscience habits have helped too . As the leader of 20+ riders I ask all my loyal followers to use there brights too. I'm adding a second headlight or driving lights and second stop/taillight to all my bikes, even my dual sport. Bulbs are cheap, hospitalization isn't! If they don't see you they can't avoid you! Please do the same.
  23. Hey all just installed my Genesis LED Brakelight/taillight, WOW what a difference!! It sure is ashame yamaha can't make this part of their standard equipment package. Anyway talk about being noticed! This thing is BRIGHT!! Recommend to anyone who rides. Got it at Custom Dynamics and they were super to work with ! Have a GREAT DAY!! Be Safe!! Brian D.
  24. For those who have difficulty seeing your GPS screen on bright sunny days this may help...........My ....... http://www.glarestomper.com/
  25. I just purchased and installed the LED Tail Light for Yamaha Road Star and V-Star. It is made by Radiantz. (I bought mine from Bikerhiway.com. I recommend them. They had this to me in 2.5 days and that was normal low price shipping via USPS.) http://www.bikerhiway.com/led-tail-light-for-yamaha-road-star-and-vstar-p-176.html I first saw this on Norm's bike while following Norm and Kim on a ride in bright daylight at Pork in the Pines. I kept noticing his LED tail/brake lights. They are real bright LED's. I was amazed by brightness and I decided to buy one after he told me it only cost $53. I put mine on this evening using the stock red plastic taillight lens and it is very bright. Much brighter than the plain old 1157 light bulb. I won't even bother buying a clear lens. It also includes 3 bright white LED's to light up your license plate. For those that want to brighten up the back end of your bike this will do it at a bargain price. I also just installed the Back-Off XP module (from CruiserCustomizing) before going to Pork in the Pines and this LED board works great with that module. When hitting the brakes the LED board flashes quickly and brightly.