Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 19 results

1. In the market for a new rear tire and was curious if anyone has had any experience with the Michelin Commanders. Looking for how many miles you got out of them and how they handled on wet roads. Thanks in advance for the information. Phoenix Additional question - can anyone advise on the new tread depth? Michelin doesn't post their tire specs on their website.
  2. I just ordered a new Commander II along with a new Dunlop E-3 to replace my existing E-3's as Michelin doesn't make a 150 for the front. Anyone done this yet? Ron
  3. Guest

Michelin tires

I have found a great deal on 2 Michelin Commander 2 tires..I have never ran these tires so are they good tire yes or no... I would like to hear from someone that has ran them...Road noise, cupping Etc. Thanks
  4. Here we go....... Looking at tires for my 07 Venture. Currently have the original tires with 14,255 miles on them. Rear is ready to be replaced. Going to replace the front only because it's 5 years old. Here's my questions..... I have read about someone with a Michelin Commander || on the rear. What would be suggestions for the front? Michelin does not make a front tire for the Venture. I haven't had any problems with the Dunlop 404's which are what's on the bike now. Also, the member that has the Michelin Commander ||, has it on a first gen. As far as the riding I do? Mostly highway and around town. Don't have many twisties around Joliet but would like a set of tires that would be good for that when I get the opportunity. The Venoms were discontinued and I know I have read a lot about people using those. Just not sure if I should stick with what I have, or go to something different. I'm kind of one of those that figures if it's not broke, don't fix it. Anybody's thought or suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks for putting up with me babbling. Kevin
  5. It seems like the 1.st gen front tyre has an odd dimension (for a front tyre): 120/90-18H 65H. I have a hard time finding a front tyre form my XVZ12 I plan to fit a Michelin CommanderII at the rear so what could be a suitable rubber in front?
  6. The link below to Web Bike worl says that Michelin has announced effective today that the new CommanderIIs have been released. http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-news/2012/michelin-commander-tires.htm Lets hope they are as good as the originals and as good as the press release says they are.
  7. Click on this link from Competition Accessories (news review) http://blog.compacc.com/2011/08/michelin-commander-2-tires-preview/ Competition accessories is starting to sell the Michelin Commander 2 (I think). But not our size yet. The link above is an article that has pictures and describes the new tread design and extended mileage claims. Michelin is pretty happy but I like the old design. Says they will come in 15 sizes. For the front, it does not include our stock size (150/80/16) but does carry the "small front", 130/90/16. Rear, they do have our 150/90/15. This link is the sales page on what they do have now (not our size): http://www.compacc.com/Michelin-Commander-2-Motorcycle-Tires http://blog.compacc.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/IMG00184-20110810-15161.jpg
  8. With all the good reports on Venturerider about the Michelin Commander I was hyped to buy them for my '06 RSTD. NONE available anywhere I could find. Called Michelin and the tech rep said they've discontinued them in the sizes 150/80-16 (front) and 150/90B 15 (rear). So unless someone can direct me to a source for a matched front-rear set of Commanders, I'm looking for a recommendation on the next best option. Avon Venom ? Please and thank you.
  9. A buddy of mine has been trying to get a new Commander front tire for his Tour Deluxe for several weeks now, with no luck. He tried the local Cycle Gear and various online outlets and can't get one. Dennis Kirk said they couldn't get them anymore. He finally called Michelin customer service in South Carolina and they told him they were discontinuing the Commander and didn't know if there would be a replacement. Has anyone else heard this or had any trouble getting Michelin Commanders lately? It seems there are still rear tires around, but having trouble finding a front. I've been running the Commanders since the original Bridgestones wore out and I really liked them. Looks E3's for me next, unless they come up with a replacement
  10. So I'm of the running matched tires school, but finances and an otherwise perfectly good rear tire (Michelin Commander with about 5k) have me exploring options. I can't get a Matching Michelin Commander front tire. Parts Unlimited is the only importer for Michelin Tires and they are on backorder since April. New B/O release date is 9/2/2010 but need a new tire before that. Going to the Moto GP Races at Indy end of August. Have 16K on the Front Brickstone and its time. My local independent dealer is competitive on tires with the net (within $5.00). Prefer to give him the business. He has offered up the Pirelli Route 66 Front as an option and close tread match to the Michelin. Saw Goose's write up on the Pirelli and some other comments and seems it would be an improvement over the Brickstone. I'm considering getting the E3 front now since its not much more money than the Pirelli and in another 5k or so when the Michelin wears, getting the E3 rear. E3 rear has more capacity which I like since I plan to add a tour pack. Any input is appreciated. Anyone with adverse handling experiences with this combo (E3 front Michelin Rear) Michelin Commander rear tread pattern looks alot like the old 491 series Dunlop to me. Thanks! RSTDdog
  11. Ok... I've been doing a lot of searches for a front tire to match my rear Kumho on my 2008 VRS. The narrowed down choices for me are: - Bridgestone Battlax BT-020 150/80R-16 71V - Michelin Commander 130/90H-16 - Michelin Commander 150/80H-16 - Avon AM41 Venom 150/80H-16 I want a radial - straight tread in the middle - high mileage - reliable. There is at best 2500 miles left on mine (2 months riding). Any suggestions, comments or experience to share from the Dark Siders? johnb
  12. Just replaced my Metzler with Michelin Commander (size recommended by Yamaha). I am totally surprised by the difference in handling this change has made. I had to fight the bike to make a turn with my old tires. Now, I just have to think about turning and the bike is half way there. I also noticed a significant increase in adherance. I am very happy with this change. Now I have to wait and see how much mileage I will get out if them. JCB
  13. While in the process of looking for a good deal on some new tires I discovered a warranty killer at least for Dunlop. It states in its warranty exclusions the following: Tires used on motorcycles fitted with trailers. Tires injected with dry/liquid balancers or sealants, or in which anything other than air has been used as the support medium. I am assuming this warranty exclusion is referring to the balancing beads and/or any leak preventing sealer? I looked on the Michelin website for similiar exclusion but did not find any. However, the Michelin tire care section is still under construction so it may be in the fine print too. You can see the entire list of Dunlop warranty exclusions at the link below. http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/infocenter_warranties.asp
  14. Ok guy's I'm torn and need your help. Should I go with the michelin or the avon. I,m semi aggressive, commute 100 miles on work day's and ride two-up occaissionally on trips. I weigh 175 and my bride a meager 110 soaking-wet. I want traction and miles. Is that asking too much?
  15. I would like to hear from some of you that have ran Commanders on the RSV. I would like to know how many miles I can expect out of a set, how they handle, etc. I have only run D404's and I am not happy with them. Only 6000 miles on my current rear and it needs replacing. I am interested only in the Michelin. Your opinion would be greatly appreciated.
  16. These tires are made in South Carolina , USA .. SEE THROUGH TIRES Radical new tire design by Michelin. The next generation of tires. They had a pair at the Philadelphia car show Yes, those are 'spoke' like connections to the inner part of the tire from the outside tread 'wrap!' The next picture shows how odd it looks in motion.... These tires are made in South Carolina , USA .. SEE THROUGH TIRES Radical new tire design by Michelin. The next generation of tires. They had a pair at the Philadelphia car show. http://ca.mg4.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f6024%5fAIUIw0MAAMW1SadQyAGKWWBij4Q&pid=3&fid=Inbox&inline=1 Yes, those are 'spoke' like connections to the inner part of the tire from the outside tread 'wrap!' The next picture shows how odd it looks in motion.... http://ca.mg4.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f6024%5fAIUIw0MAAMW1SadQyAGKWWBij4Q&pid=4&fid=Inbox&inline=1 Makes you wonder how the ride feels doesn't it? http://ca.mg4.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f6024%5fAIUIw0MAAMW1SadQyAGKWWBij4Q&pid=5&fid=Inbox&inline=1 These tires are airless and are scheduled to be out on the market very soon. The bad news for law enforcement is that spike strips will not work on these. Just think of the impact on existing technology: A. no more air valves... B. no more air compressors at gas stations... C. no more repair kits... D no more flats... These are actual pictures taken in the South Carolina plant of Michelin.
  17. OK....I finally got my new tires mounted today. Local Honda shop is open until 8:00 and I managed to get home early enough to get the wheels off and get them over there, mounted and balanced and then got them back home and the bike is ready again. This will be my test of the Avon's versus the Michelin's. I have been very pleased with the Michelin Commanders with my only very small complaint being that they did howl just a bit in the long curves. I liked them so much that deciding to try the Avon's was a tough decision for me. I've heard so many good reviews though that I decided to give them a try. If they grip as well on the wet roads and give me decent mileage then that will be fine. If they are quiet in the curves also, that will be icing on the cake. We'll see. By the way, I do have the leveling links and once again went with the 150 (stock) size tire on the front.
  18. ,,, what kind of mileage can I expect from my Michelin Commanders? Got them on over the weekend but haven't gotten it out for a ride yet.
  19. Hi, Time to replace the Dunlop Elite II tires on my 1st Gen 83 VR. before my long summer tour out west....I've looked at some of the previous posts and am wondering between the seeminly ever popular Venoms loved by lots on here, the Elite III's , The Conti-tour and The Michelin Commander.. SW motor Tires and American Motorcycle Tires seem to have the best prices.. Any words of wisdom or warning concerning the above? Thanks, Clay