Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. I became a grandpa today for the second time. Another Swailes kid. This time a girl. she came a little early.
  2. Hi all, been a member for awhile now, and lot's of great info. I have an 86 Venture, and have a few questions as I'm gettin the old girl ready for another summer of touring. Tires- I'm looking at putting a set of Dunlop Elite 3'2 on, anyone else have these and how are they? I ride alot of 2-up, but like to scrape the pegs once in awhile too. Carbs- Time to rebuild, I notice the lh rear is wet, and the performance/mileage seems off. Is there anyone who offers a rebuild kit? I've read alot about changing the diaphrams, but most are old posts. Is there somewhere I can buy diaphram kits without breaking the bank? How do I get the map with the diff color provinces and states of where you've ridden? I've looked everywhere. (off topic I know, but I think it's cool) Thanks everyone, just read the post about the maintenance day and I'm gonna talk to the wife about makin another road trip, maybe we'll see some of you there.
  3. well as some know i have been trying to trace down what was a small pesky leak. thought i had it figured out. some donated parts from dingy have been sent out to me (thanks gary for the thought) well today a friend of mine who is a car mechanic and i decided to check it out we pulled it out of the storage unit and fired it up waiting for the warm up as it wouldnt leak until warmed? we got down to shine a light up there when we heard a loud pop hot anitfreeze hit both of us i got some small burns on my arm same with him. looks like the radiator blew? at least i hope thats it and not a head gasket or the engine. she was still running though after the loud pop and antifreeze all over front of the engine. im now sad and angry .. angry as i used to be able to do work on smaller bikes. sad that i just cant keep going with this being dissabled and low on $$$ makes it a every day struggle i realy want to be out there and ride. maybe when the title comes in for the bike someone here might make a fair offer on the old girl? i know that most here have the experience to put the old girl together and maybe the $$ to do it. well time for some southern comfort and a hankie to drown my sorrows and dry my tears...
  4. I had a loaner bike this week a 2008 star raider and let me say this is a great looking bike but thats where the compliments from me end. My girl and i had it for a day and a half and only rode it for 2 hours cause that bike is torture on a old spoiled man like myself. If i was 20 yrs younger I would have been all over it but that day is gone, the forward controls are way too forward feels like i was hanging on a jungle jim and the feet were in a birthing stirrups..lol any way with the girl complaing of a sore butt and my shoulders screaming we parked it and waited for our beloved venture to be finished at the shop. I love that bike "venture".
  5. Don't find many heroes like this one!!!! On January 9th, a group of Pekin, Illinois bikers were riding west on I-74 when they saw a girl about to jump off the Murray Baker Bridge . So they stopped. David, their leader, a big burly man of 50, gets off his Harley, walks through a group of gawkers, past the State Trooper, and says, "What are you doing?" She says, "I'm going to commit suicide." While he didn't want to appear "sensitive," he didn't want to miss a be-a-legend opportunity either so he asked ... "Well, before you jump, why don't you give me a kiss?" So, with no hesitation at all, she leaned back over the railing and did just that ... and it was a long, deep, lingering kiss followed immediately by another one. After they finished, David gets approval from his biker-buddies, the onlookers, and even the State Trooper, and says, "Wow! That was the best kiss I have ever had Honey! That's a real talent you're wasting Sugar Shorts. You could be famous if you rode with me. Why are you committing suicide?" "My parents don't like me dressing up like a girl." It's still unclear whether she jumped or was pushed. :cool10:
  6. A man observed a woman in the grocery store with a three year old girl in her basket. As they passed the cookie section, the child asked for cookies and her mother told her "no." The little girl immediately began to whine and fuss, and the mother said quietly, "Now Ellen, we just have half of the aisles left to go through; don`t be upset. It won`t be long." He passed the Mother again in the candy aisle. Of course, the little girl began to shout for candy. When she was told she couldn`t have any, she began to cry. The mother said, "There, there, Ellen, don`t cry. Only two more aisles to go, and then we`ll be checking out." The man again happened to be behind the pair at the check-out, where the little girl immediately began to clamour for gum and burst into a terrible tantrum upon discovering there would be no gum purchased today. The mother patiently said, "Ellen, we`ll be through this check out stand in five minutes, and then you can go home and have a nice nap." The man followed them out to the parking lot and stopped the woman to compliment her. "I couldn`t help noticing how patient you were with little Ellen..." The mother broke in, "My little girl`s name is Tammy... I`m Ellen."
  7. I received the carb diaphragms yesterday from Sirus, best purchase so far for the old girl. Took about 1 1/2 hour to change them out. Now I have to find someone with a carb tune so we can do that. Took her for a spin and I have to say, I had forgotten how good these bikes run. I actually thought it was running pretty good, but I was wrong, glad I decided to keep her. I had the most enjoyable ride so far today, only meant to go around the block but went around the county...........I was totally blown away, its like having a new bike all over again.
  8. http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology-blog/rad-teen-building-her-own-car-her-16th-222215394.html
  9. Dear Santa, This year I have been a very good girl. If you are not too busy I would like to tell you what I would like for Christmas. I really need my very own computer ...a white one (my husband kinda hogs this one). And....I don't know how you feel about jewelry...but I really like it.... Did I mention that I have been a very..very..good girl ? Thank You for your time.... P.S. please bring my husband a little something. He is very very handsome. Did I mention that I have been very good this year?
  10. http://us.mg5.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f7964%5fAN1VimIAATN2TrwDsgOobjnjttU&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1 A mother is driving her little girl to her friend's house for a play date. ' Mommy ,' the little girl asks, 'how old are you?' 'Honey, you are not supposed to ask a lady her age,' the mother replied. 'It's not polite.' 'OK', the little girl says, 'How much do you weigh?' 'Now really,' the mother says, 'those are personal questions and are really none of your business.' Undaunted, the little girl asks, 'Why did you and Daddy get a divorce?' 'That's enough questions, young lady! Honestly!' The exasperated mother walks away as the two friends begin to play. ' My Mom won't tell me anything about her,' the little girl says to her friend. 'Well,' says the friend, 'all you need to do is look at her driver's license. It's like a report card, it has everything on it.' Later that night the little girl says to her mother, 'I know how old you are. You are 32.' The mother is surprised and asks, 'How did you find that out? 'I also know that you weigh 130 pounds.' The mother is past surprised and shocked now. 'How in Heaven's name did you find that out?' 'And,' the little girl says triumphantly, 'I know why you and daddy got a divorce.' 'Oh really?' the mother asks. 'Why?' http://us.mg5.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f7964%5fAN1VimIAATN2TrwDsgOobjnjttU&pid=3&fid=Inbox&inline=1 'Because you got an F in sex.' --
  11. ---- girl! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlIuiueOK1c]Clara Bow, the 'It' girl - YouTube[/ame] Enjoy.
  12. Anyone in the Central Florida area interested try to join the poker run for this little girl and her family Thanks in advance
  13. An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned to her and said, "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with a fellow passenger." The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger, "What would you want to talk about?" "Oh, I don't know," said the atheist. "How about why there is no God?" as he smiled smugly. "Ok," she said. "Those could be interesting topics but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff - grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?" The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea." To which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss why there is no God when you don't know crap?" And then she went back to reading her book. Fuzzy
  14. After being married for 50 years, I took a careful look at my wife one day and said... "Fifty years ago we had a cheap house, a junk car, slept on a sofa bed and watched a 10 inch black and white TV, but I got to sleep every night with a hot 18 year old girl. Now...I have a $500,000.00 home, a $35,000.00 car, a nice big bed and a large screen TV. But, I'm sleeping with a 68 year old woman. It seems to me that you're not holding up your side of things." My wife is a very reasonable woman. She told me; "Go out and find a hot 18 year old girl. And I would make sure that you would once again be living in a cheap house, driving a junk car, sleeping on a sofa and watching a 10" TV." Aren't older women Great! They realy know how to solve and old guy's Problems!
  15. A young man goes into a drug store to buy condoms. The pharmacist says the condoms come in packs of 3, 9 or 12 and asks which the young man wants. "Well," he said, "I've been seeing this girl for a while and she's really hot. I want the condoms because I think tonight's "the" night. We're having dinner with her parents, and then we're going out. And I've got a feeling I'm gonna get lucky after that. Once she's had me, she'll want me all the time, so you'd better give me the 12 pack." The young man makes his purchase and leaves. Later that evening, he sits down to dinner with his girlfriend and her parents. He asks if he might give the blessing and they agree. He begins the prayer, but continues praying for several minutes. The girl leans over to him and says, "You never told me that you were such a religious person." The boy leans over to her and whispers, "You never told me that your father is a pharmacist."
  16. A congressman was seated next to a young girl on a recent flight. Hoping to endear himself to a future voter, he said to her, "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger." The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger, "What would you like to talk about?" "Oh, I don't know," said the congressman. "How about global warming or universal health care or stimulus packages?" as he smiled smugly. "OK," she said. "Those could be interesting topics but let me ask you a question first. . . . A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff - grass. . . Yet, a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?" The legislator, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it for a moment and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea." To which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss global warming, universal health care, or the economy, when you don't know crap?" She went back to reading her book, and the congressman had nothing else to say the rest of the flight. (Gonna have to remember this one...!)
  17. Took a short a ride ride after work tonight. My girl was a little chilly so we pulled over so she could throw on a hoodie. Came to a parking lot and turned it around...came to a stop and put my feet down and didn't notice how much of a slant we were on. ALMOST caught it.... but before I knew it...it was on the crash bars. We climbed off and I was shocked. It really doesn't fall too far. I grabbed it and picked it back up. Checked it for damage, could barely see the bars had touched. Pretty darn cool. Been riding since I was 18, almost 24 years now. This is the first time I have ever had one fall over while I was on it (short of a wreck back when I was 18). Embarrassing but not much I can do. My girl was fine and the bike is unhurt. But I guess I now owe a donation to the fund? Who do I pay? Frank
  18. A tough looking biker was riding his Harley when he sees a pretty girl about to jump off a bridge so he stops. "What are you doing?" he asks. "I'm going to commit suicide," she says. While he did not want to appear insensitive, he didn't want to miss an opportunity, so he asked "Well, before you jump, why don't you give me a Kiss?" So, she does. After she's finished, the biker says, "Wow! That was the best Kiss I have ever had. That's a real talent you are wasting. You could be famous. Why are you committing suicide?" "My parents don't like me dressing up like a girl......"
  19. It hasn't been a good week around here.....Tues morning a 7 yr old girl was getting on the school bus and a pick up killed her. Hit and run. It happened right down our road. The hubby was hauling gravel for the county and was the first one that came upon the accident. 18 kids on the bus watched it happen. She laid 3 bus lengths down the road. She was DOA. Thank God they found the driver of the pick up because every one of those kids could describe the truck. We live in a rural area where everyone knows everyone and it's really hit hard. I feel so bad for Gary as he's having flashbacks. He's a volunteer fireman/emt, but you never get over the sight of a little girl laying there lifeless. Anyway, was going to ask for your prayers for not only the little girl's family, but also the hubby..... but I'm afraid to even ask after I keep reading the the thread about people not thinking this is the right place.....so I guess I'll just ask for you to keep him in your thoughts. Thanks Deb NORTHWOOD — A 7-year-old Worth County girl was killed Tuesday morning by an alleged hit-and-run driver as she prepared to get on her school bus. The Iowa State Patrol identified the girl as Kadyn Halvorson of rural Kensett. The driver, identified as Aaron Dwayne Gunderson, 31, of Northwood, allegedly fled the scene but was later apprehended. Gunderson was ticketed for failure to obey a stop sign and yield the right of way. Iowa State Patrol Trooper Mindy Griffin said the Northwood-Kensett school bus was stopped to pick up the child when a 2002 Chevrolet pick-up traveling southbound on Raven Avenue failed to stop for the bus and struck the girl. The accident happened at 7:49 a.m. at 4336 Raven Ave., near the home of the child’s babysitter. It’s about 2.3 miles north of 410th Street/County Road A38 between Northwood and Kensett. The child was crossing Raven Avenue to get on the northbound bus when she was hit. Griffin said the bus had its red lights activated and the stop arm was deployed from the side of the bus as required by law. The children on the school bus witnessed the accident, as did the babysitter, Griffin said. The vehicle and Gunderson were taken into custody by the Worth County deputies about two miles from the accident scene. The accident remains under investigation. No charges have been filed. Northwood-Kensett Superintendent Tom Nugent said Tuesday was a sad day for everyone in the school district. “We were notified of the tragic accident and we are now providing crisis assistance for our kids and we are working in collaboration with law enforcement,” Nugent said. — By Peggy Senzarino, Arian Schuessler
  20. well i decided it was time to take the scoot out for a ride. nice 70 degree day. i went to the storage place noticed the rear tire was low(expected that) brought along a poratable tank for that job. got the tire up. started the old girl up still needs half a choke? carb snyc due? well after a breif warm up a little sputering off we went. things are going good. 75 mile ride round trip. i thought oh joy joy i got most of the bugs out of this old girl. i put her away in the storage shead got off put my helmet away when the old girl gave me a tearfull green leak on the floor? yep small antifreze leak. have no clue where its comming from?? the leak is dripping on the left side as you sit on the bike. right by the exhaust header or inbetween? i got so much$$ invested in this bike now. i just cant give up on her can I? i must say in august i might get a second bike and send this one out to a fellow member here who would like to take the time to go through this bike of course i expect to pay for services renderd. so if any one wants to work on it during winter time and if i can get it to you let me know james aka oldgoat
  21. Today was a productive day! Got the J&M Headsets put in both helmets and the GW vent in my stock windshield. The headsets were a breeze. The vent not so much! It wasn't making the hole that was a problem it was getting the vent to fit. Had to thin down the mounting surface a bit to make it work. It's a bit scary to chop a hole in the windshield but my girl was all ready to order the F4 if I screwed up. So either we were going to have a vent! As for the headsets...Holy Smokes!! Why didn't we do this sooner? My girl was giggling the whole time cause we could actually talk. NO MORE HAND SIGNALS! Got a bit of wind moise but we were running with out any windsock so I hope that will improve with some tweaking. If not we will have to invest in Mic-mutes. I really just wish there was a quicker way to get to comm volume. That would make it much easier to use. But all and all we are happy with todays projects. So what do I get to tinker with next? Frank
  22. 'Mom, may I take the dog for a walk around the block?' Mom replies, 'No, because she is in heat.' 'What's that mean?' asked the child. 'Go ask your father. I think he's in the garage.' The little girl goes to the garage and says, 'Dad, may I take Belle for a walk around the block? I asked Mom, but she said the dog was in heat, and to come to you.' Dad said, 'Bring Belle over here.' He took a rag, soaked it with gasoline, and scrubbed the dog's backside with it to disguise the scent, and said 'OK, you can go now, but keep Belle on the leash and only go one time round the block.' The little girl left and returned a few minutes later with no dog on the leash. Surprised, Dad asked, 'Where's Belle?' (YOU'RE GONNA LOVE THIS!!!!!!!! ! ) The little girl said, 'She ran out of gas about halfway down the block, so another dog is pushing her home.'
  23. A tough looking biker was riding his Harley when he sees a girl about to jump off a bridge so he stops. "What are you doing?" he asks. "I'm going to commit suicide," she says. While he did not want to appear insensitive, he didn't want to miss an opportunity so he asked, "Well, before you jump, why don't you give me a kiss?" So, she does. After she's finished, the biker says, "Wow! That was the best kiss I have ever had. That's a real talent you are wasting. You could be famous. Why are you committing suicide?" "My parents don't like me dressing up like a girl."
  24. ON OUR WAY TO KALISPEL MT WE STOP AT SHELL FALLS. HEADING INTO CODY WE WHERE STOP BY SOME RANCERS MOVING THERE CATTLE. THE GIRL THAT STOP US WAS BREAST FEEDING HER BABY. DID SEE WHAT I DID! http://www.photoshow.com/watch/TA4ud6Nr PHILL