Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 10 results

1. My daughter just called. She's at the house her and her girlfriend share. Their furnace is apparently not heating. She said they just had the propane tank filled yesterday and it seemed to be working last night. Tank is on and showing pressure. I was trying to walk her through checking and relighting the furnace. It's an Arcoaire Deluxe 2 stage Model NTP605. I had her check for stickers on the panels for relighting directions and all they could find was one that said "Autostart", no relighting info at all. I'm not even familiar with propane furnaces so I'm gonna ask.......what the hell? Any suggestions as to what I can do from here to get them fired up? Mike
  2. I know this is not bike related BUT.... I am wondering if there are any RV techs out there. I have a Suburban NT-30sp furnace in my RV and am having troubles with it. I have ruled out propane supply as I can run my water heater, 3 burner stove and oven at the same time. When i request heat the blower motor will start running, (sounds and feels quite strong), I can hear the ignitor click than a thud from the solenoid, than the burner lights and will burn for maybe about 5 seconds and than the burner will go out. It will repeat this 2 more times than the furnace fan will shut off after a couple minutes. Can anyone help me out on this one? Rob
  3. I came home today and my furnace (a/c) blower motor was humming an smoking. Called for service and the tech says I need a new motor. $600 for a 1/3 HP 115v motor. That seems high to me. Is that reasonable? Dennis
  4. I just got a Trane XE80 downflow furnace/ AC unit out of a neighborhood house that's going to be demolished next week. The unit has a build date of 1995. As I said it's a downflow, can it be reconfigured to an upflow ? The furnace looks to be in excellent condition and was used until the home was vacated last year. If it can, I'll use it to replace the 1980 Carrier in the house and put the Carrier in the garage.
  5. I'm in the Seattle/Tacoma area, and we are receiving a record amount of snow and Ice rain. So this morning I lost power. No Problem for I've wired my home to accomodiate a generator about 15 years ago. I have everything except for Range and Dryer for the generator puts out 30 amps. Now last year I had a new gas furnace/heat pump/electronic filter. I was told when the power goes out and being that I have a generator for power, all I have to do is set the furnace to EM Heat. This setting is to bypass the heat pump and only allow the heat to be operated by gas. I get power to the thermostat but the furnace does not kick in. Prior to the new furnace the old furnace worked on the generator just fine and the new furnace electricial system uses the same power source as the old furnace system. If any one has any suggestion please let me know.
  6. Arrrrgggggg........ So last night I get home from work and hear the furnace start up. Well I really could not help but to hear it since it sounded just like a jet engine at takeoff power. So I jumps up off the couch and run for the basement expecting the worst. Open up the covers on the furnace to see what is going on and the draft blower is jumping all over the place. All 3 mounting legs have broken off the housing and it is shaking violently. So I hit the power switch on the side of the furnace and low and behold it quieted right down. Who da thunk it? I thought well I can live with this noise level but all of the girls in the house might not like the cold. So I grab some tools and dive in. It was really easy to get the blower out, just 2 hose clamps and 7 wires that even had quick connects on them. Easy always scares me. All wires nicely color coded to know where they go back on. Now with the blower out of the way it was really easy to get to the mounting feet to remove them from the furnace. Off to the work bench. well first I have to push stuff around to clear a spot to make a new mess in. First thing was to power up the motor to see if it sounds ok. To steal a quote from the amateur plumbers, "HELL NO". It is vibrating so bad that I can not hold on to it. Well that explains why the mounting feet are broken off and the sheet metal was amplifying the vibrations to make all of the racket. So time to disassemble. There are 6 spring clips holding the blower assy together. They came off rather easily, another warning sign. nothing can ever be easy. Once I get the thing open the problem is obvious, the plastic blower wheel is missing a couple of vanes on one side and has snapped off the center part that attaches it to the motor shaft and the back side is all melted from rubbing on the housing. There is even a part number on the blower wheel, so I head for the puter to find that part, it is just a piece of plastic, how much can that be? HA!!! You can not buy that piece of plastic anywhere. You have to get the whole blower assy, every place that lists the blower assy has a note under it that says "NO BLOWER PARTS ARE AVAILABLE" So they must know that this cheap piece of plastic fails but know that they can hit you up for a whole blower. So I do a bunch of searching on line for the best price and cool, the best price is even here in town, so I go to the check out page and then POW, right in the kisser, Even though the place is only 5 miles from my house, they still want me to order it and have it shipped. But they do have a retail outlet. Get ready. Are you sitting? Here it comes........... There is a $150 counter fee:scared: Well since we are supposed to drop to sub zero tonight I had to do something so I glued the mounting feet back onto the housing and glued all of the pieces of the blower wheel back together as best I can. I even tried to balance the darn thing to get it into the ballpark. put the blower back together on the bench and fire it up. well there is still some vibration but not to bad, so I reinstall it into the furnace. It made it thru the night but I do not expect it to last very long. So I am sitting at my desk stewing about that $150 counter fee and waiting for all of the parts houses in town to open up to see if I can find the part local at a place that actually wants me to come and pick it up. I even thought I found one on Craigslist for $50, new prices are from $300-$700, in New London. New London is only 150 miles away. and my brother lives about 15 miles from there. COOL. NOT, wrong New London, it is in New London Minnesota not New London Wisconsin. That is to far to drive for the part, it would not save any time or money. OK Rant / whine over. Stores are opening up now.:mo money: Dang, did I type all of that????
  7. In anticipation of today's ice storm (thank goodness at our house it was not as bad as predicted!) I bought a 1200 watt generator to, if needed, power the natural gas fired central heating system at my son's house. The Coleman system is a 1995, 120VAC system that has no pilot light. To be sure we could count on it, I cut the furnace loose from the house power and hooked it up to the generator. When I turned it on it loaded the little generator, but according to the voltage meter on the generator it held 120 volts. The system ran about 30 seconds and I heard the generator unload. My 1st thought was it tripped the breaker on the generator, but that was not the case. I checked the furnace and the green LED, on the circuit board, was flashing rapidly. There is no code listed for that! I turned the power off to the furnace, waited about 15 seconds and turned it back on. The Green LED came on solid and that the little, what I think is called a purge fan, came on and ran about 20, or so, seconds. I heard the generator load up a little because of what I suspect was the ignitor coming on. This lasted about 5 seconds and then a click which I suspected was the gas valve being activated. With that every stopped and the green LED went to flashing rapidly again. I repeated this a couple of times with the same results. I thought well maybe the generator is not able to keep up and the voltage is dropping too low. It seems just the opposite to be the case. With the click that shuts down the furnace the volt meter on the generator "Jumps" up to about 130 or so. Any Ideas? I have not been able to find a tag that tells me what wattage the furnace should require. I would have thought starting the air handler fan would be the largest hurdle, but I have a similar fan from a long since dead system from our house, which I use as a shop fan in the summer. The little generator starts and runs it just fine.
  8. I need a A-Coil for my Nordyne piece of JUNK. House A/C furnace Unit. Don't want to toss whole thing now but have leak in A-Coil. Only name I have ever known it by. AC coil that sits under the furnace in the inside unit. I think this is a bolt in item and could probally save bucks just to replace it myself. Going to have to be recharged anyway but I can't find the thing anywhere. The coil itself is Model # C30A-O24U-B Serial # C309902-57709 Furnace is a Nordyne Model #M1GC070ABW Serial # M1G990200397 Anybody Know anything about this? Getting hot here!! I've had to cut chasing the Warden in 1/2.
  9. Really I do! I can't think of a #@^* thing I would rather be doing then working on the furnace at 1:00 AM in the morning. It did not act like a bad thermocouple. The pilot light would stay on and light the burner one time. After the burner shut off it blew the pilot out. I noticed the pilot was low but the pilot adj would not increase gas flow. So for the second time tonight I removed the gas valve and burner assembly. I cleaned the pilot orfice and adjusted the thermocouple position. Just got it back together and fired it up. It's coffee break time while I wait and see.That old furnace is 30 years old. I hate to replace it. It runs like a first gen just needs some tlc once in a while.
  10. Do you have a backup heat source? Our furnace run most of the night keeping the house at 70 degrees. It was -5F here this morning. I'm going to buy a vent less NG space heater as a backup source of heat. 99.9% efficiency is not bad. Several of my neighbors run them as a main source of heat and there very popular as a garage heater. I just got to keep the batteries up in my carbon monoxide detector but not sure how much of a problem cm will be. Lowes just dropped the price on them again. $209 is not bad for a 30Kbtu unit. I might get a LP model for the camp to.Our old furnace is 30 years old.Nothing like working on one in the middle of winter. I had the blower go out one winter,lost the gas valve,and the 24 volt transformer that activates it. Also the termal coupler seems to go out when the local hardware store is closed.The wind blows the pilot light out about once a week.I might have to replace that furnace before long.