Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. How do i include multiple member posts within my reply....in order to make comments to each in one post? Hope this makes sense.
  2. Any one have any experience drying Hartco velour seats after rain? Does scotch help? Any comments on comfort when used on a RSV? Regards, Paul
  3. Any one have experience with the My Best Buddy Trailer. Looking into getting one and would appreciate any comments good or bad. Thanks.
  4. One of the things that surprises me about this forum is the number of people that will open a post and never make any kind of comment. An example of this is a birthday wish I made to another member yesterday and it has now had 69 views and not one single comment other than my original one. It is like we have a bunch of lurkers that never have anything to say. It says there was 70 viewing the Wateringhole and there has only been a few comments over the last hour. RandyA
  5. In a delima and was wondering if anyone has an answer to this for sure. If I go out state to look for work or just go there till my unemployment runs out can I still collect if I maintain a Michigan address. Now a days everything is done on line for UIA so it would make me believe this would be possible. If I needed to come back for work sign up and renew I could. My company has screwed me up so much I have been thinking hard about this. They are a little upset that I am drawing unemployment but they did not fight it. Weather or not they can down the road I don't know. It was kind of a communication gap between the U.S. terminal and the Canadian terminal that I had quit. to make a long storry short they didn't turn down my unemployment. Any comment's? Joe
  6. I need to install Heated Grips on my 08 RSTD .. Am looking for suggestions as to what aftermarket parts are reccomended by anybody here. What have you used? do they work ? are you satisfied with whatever types you have installed. Open to comments :detective:
  7. I am thinking of buying a Reese Backpacker, does any one have ifo or comments about them?
  8. Hi, I am looking to buy a new rear tire for my 04 RSV. Looking at the Dunlop Elite 3's and the Michelin Commander 11. Any comments on either one good or bad.Also a good place to buy them. Thanks Kelly
  9. Winston66, From down under in Western Australia, Well everybody, this is it, For some time now I have been considering a trike type conversion for my 1996 Royal star, something like the Wedgetail outrigger set up would be suitable. Unfortunatley here in Aus. the base price for the Wedgetail conversion starts at around $9,000-00 then there is the extras for the various options, This makes a factory bought item financially totally out of my reach. So I am forced to consider the viability of a home built conversion. As I do mot want to reinvent the wheel, so as to speak I would like to ask any one of you my fellow bikers that might have gone down this road, if you would like to make any comments or suggestions. Any and all of your input will be greatfully appreciated. I am prepared to consider any design parameters that are relevant and any comments and suggestions, and or links to other web sites I will rearly appreciate. Fortunatly I have a shed full of tools and stuff and I quite like building stuff.(have just finished a trailer build), and one fo my boys that lives with me, and who is realy very competant with mechanical ,stuff this project has caught his immagination , has said well why not do it as a fun thing over the next couple of months while the winter season down here is upon us. If anyone has any ideas etc. please let me have them as I have not built anything like this before and I need some good ideas. Hoping to hear some good feedback. Cheers to all. Winston 66, Northampton, Western Australia
  10. Here's a pile 'o pics we shot while enroute, during, and return home from the rally. http://s393.photobucket.com/albums/pp16/SilvrT/KruisnTheKootenays2012/ http://s393.photobucket.com/albums/pp16/SilvrT/ I'll get around to putting comments on them eventually and cleaning out some that didn't turn out so well.
  11. Anybody have any comments as to the quality, and any problems, with this model Yamaha ?? I have been to a few dealers latley, and seen several of them on sale for what seems to be bargain price's. Any comments from anybody who has owned a ridden these bikes would be appreciated !! Thanks.
  12. Anyone here ride a FJR1300A? I am about to write a check for a new one; trading in my Harley. Also promised the boss I'd sell my 86 that I love so dearly. Just can't have two bikes anymore but the one I will own, will be the FJR. Any comments about the FJR will be greatly appreciated. Unless someone changes my mind, I'll have the FJR in my garage by Saturday.
  13. playboy

backrest

Ordered a back rest today from Utopia was just wondering if we had a venturerider discount with them listed in the comments for riding groups but didn't see a price change.
  14. Do we have to ask, beg, demand, that folks keep their comments civil? It is comments like the following which can quickly send a thread to the trash bin and do nothing to strengthen the poster's "opinion." "If you don't want to do it, fine. If you try telling folk it isn't safe to do it ... then you would simply be ignorant (not YOU, any you) "
  15. I posted this in the 1st gen tech forum, maybe not everybody reads that, so I thought to put a link here. I really thought there would be more interest in these side covers from the comments I get when we gather. Don't want anybody to miss out. This will be a one shot deal, so follow the link and post your thoughts and wishes. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=67117
  16. Raw data and presentation attached. This is not due till Monday, so any comments for improvement are appreciated.
  17. Did the photo shoot today for the Bagger Shield and I got my new windshield! Looks great, nice breeze with it down. Haven't ridden enough yet with it up to make any comments. Here's the pic......
  18. Went to Americade last week, great time. Rode the new 2012 wing and I just got to have one. I especially want the ABS. Since it does not look like Yahama is interested in any thing new to replace the RSV this I guess the wing is the other choise. The price makes me kind of sick and I think the cost of maintaining will be a lot more, Am I right ? Well , I am rambling on but I think I want the 2012 and not the 2010 because of seating position, and other refinements, some comments here please? Price wise look like I could buy a 2010 for 20K and keep my RSV or give them my RSV and 20K for a 2012, My '06 RSV has 74000 miles on it and is very excellent condition, any one interested, I hate to give it to a dealer, but I would like some comments and suggestions on the 2010 vs the 2012 and any thing else any one wants to comment on.
  19. Has anyone tried L.A. Chopper oval slip ons? I see they make them for the Venture and they look nice but I haven't seen any comments about them. Wonder what they sound like. They claim a deep rumble which is what I want.
  20. These batteries have been mentioned a few times here lately. Webbike World has a pretty decent article on them right now. I actually find some of the user comments at the end of their comparison to be even more informative that the article itself. From reading some of the user comments, I'm not sure that these batteries are right for touring bikes with heavy current draws. http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-battery/li-ion-motorcycle-battery/shorai-vs-ballistic-li-ion-motorcycle-battery.htm
  21. I'm looking at purchasing a hitch from the HitchDoc. If anyone has any experience/ comments, I'd appreciate them.
  22. Has anyone bought gold lately? I never have, but am thinking about it. Maybe anywhere from 10-20 ozs. Like many other buyers it would be a hedge against run-away inflation. Comments would be welcome. I'd rather hear advise from members on this board than some self serving dealer that I don't know from Adam....
  23. Hi everyone,, I just came across a 2001 RSV for $5000 w/12,000 mi. in great shape! Can I get some comments on the bike and the value? Thanks, Steve
  24. I'm kicking around the idea of getting a BMW or GW, and while doing some research, I have come across several comments about front end problems with the GW (besides the ones on this site). There have been several people make comments about front end wobble at speeds between 35 and 50 MPH. One of my fellow co-workers has an 07 GW with front end wobble that he can't get rid of. He's changed tires a couple times and has took his complaint to the dealer to no avail. Didn't know this to be a common problem with the GW. Do any of ya have the front end wobble on your GWs? Glenn
  25. "Passion for Work and Motorcycling" is the name of a recent article I wrote for http://www.thetentacle.com, a local commentary site. It's a two-parter, with my comments on motorcycling on the bottom half. http://www.thetentacle.com/ShowArticle.cfm?mydocid=4022 Nick Diaz Middletown, MD