Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 4 results

1. I came home today and my furnace (a/c) blower motor was humming an smoking. Called for service and the tech says I need a new motor. $600 for a 1/3 HP 115v motor. That seems high to me. Is that reasonable? Dennis
  2. Arrrrgggggg........ So last night I get home from work and hear the furnace start up. Well I really could not help but to hear it since it sounded just like a jet engine at takeoff power. So I jumps up off the couch and run for the basement expecting the worst. Open up the covers on the furnace to see what is going on and the draft blower is jumping all over the place. All 3 mounting legs have broken off the housing and it is shaking violently. So I hit the power switch on the side of the furnace and low and behold it quieted right down. Who da thunk it? I thought well I can live with this noise level but all of the girls in the house might not like the cold. So I grab some tools and dive in. It was really easy to get the blower out, just 2 hose clamps and 7 wires that even had quick connects on them. Easy always scares me. All wires nicely color coded to know where they go back on. Now with the blower out of the way it was really easy to get to the mounting feet to remove them from the furnace. Off to the work bench. well first I have to push stuff around to clear a spot to make a new mess in. First thing was to power up the motor to see if it sounds ok. To steal a quote from the amateur plumbers, "HELL NO". It is vibrating so bad that I can not hold on to it. Well that explains why the mounting feet are broken off and the sheet metal was amplifying the vibrations to make all of the racket. So time to disassemble. There are 6 spring clips holding the blower assy together. They came off rather easily, another warning sign. nothing can ever be easy. Once I get the thing open the problem is obvious, the plastic blower wheel is missing a couple of vanes on one side and has snapped off the center part that attaches it to the motor shaft and the back side is all melted from rubbing on the housing. There is even a part number on the blower wheel, so I head for the puter to find that part, it is just a piece of plastic, how much can that be? HA!!! You can not buy that piece of plastic anywhere. You have to get the whole blower assy, every place that lists the blower assy has a note under it that says "NO BLOWER PARTS ARE AVAILABLE" So they must know that this cheap piece of plastic fails but know that they can hit you up for a whole blower. So I do a bunch of searching on line for the best price and cool, the best price is even here in town, so I go to the check out page and then POW, right in the kisser, Even though the place is only 5 miles from my house, they still want me to order it and have it shipped. But they do have a retail outlet. Get ready. Are you sitting? Here it comes........... There is a $150 counter fee:scared: Well since we are supposed to drop to sub zero tonight I had to do something so I glued the mounting feet back onto the housing and glued all of the pieces of the blower wheel back together as best I can. I even tried to balance the darn thing to get it into the ballpark. put the blower back together on the bench and fire it up. well there is still some vibration but not to bad, so I reinstall it into the furnace. It made it thru the night but I do not expect it to last very long. So I am sitting at my desk stewing about that $150 counter fee and waiting for all of the parts houses in town to open up to see if I can find the part local at a place that actually wants me to come and pick it up. I even thought I found one on Craigslist for $50, new prices are from $300-$700, in New London. New London is only 150 miles away. and my brother lives about 15 miles from there. COOL. NOT, wrong New London, it is in New London Minnesota not New London Wisconsin. That is to far to drive for the part, it would not save any time or money. OK Rant / whine over. Stores are opening up now.:mo money: Dang, did I type all of that????
  3. Just finished installing a new 13 HP engine, new belts, fresh gas and oil.....the snow blower is ready to go.....BRING IT ON!
  4. Well, I decided to wash the bike up today and get her ready for winter storage. This last summer I purchased a (gas) power washer (Ridged 3300) not just for the bike... been using it for lots of projects! Anyways , I decided to try something different today, I hooked the hose to a soft-water outlet, then washed the bike with a medium power spray nozzle. then what was the best is that I used a Electric Toro Leaf Blower (850} to blow the bike dry.. (worked perfect) no spotting on the chrome what so ever. dry time was about 10 Min's. The blower was able to get into those hard to get chrome area spots. Just thought I would share my fun washing expereance with you today! Jeff