Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. I've started shopping for a new trailer to pull behind my new Goldwing. I want something that will look decent behind it that is color matched. I really like the Hannigan, Bushtec, and Sillouette trailers. The Hannigan would be my first choice but they had a fire recently and I can't get one until later in the summer. The Bushtec is kind of pricey and I haven't convinced myself they are worth $5000. The Sillouette looks good but they are crazy priced at $6000+. I also considered an Aluma MCT but my wife vetoed that based on looks. Tonight I ran across the Blade trailer from Timeout Trailers in Elkhart. http://timeouttrailers.org/Blade.aspx This is the first I've heard of them. From there website they seem to have a better value. Is anyone familiar with the trailer or company? Thanks, Dennis
  2. For those that have the Hannigan conversion, Is it possible to move the top trunk back to the rear or second location to provide more passenger room? Mine looks to be mounted in the first or forward set of holes and looks like it will hit the small lip that is on the Hannigan kit just above the bottom trunk if the top trunk were to be moved back. pa_don
  3. Just wanted to see if anyone else is planning on heading West after the 2013 International. I know Leo3Wheel (Leo, NJ - '09 Hannigan) is planning on heading West as well, possibly Carbon-One (Larry, Michigan - '09 Hannigan) too. For us, we don't have a firm route yet. Only destination we have to make is Jack Fish Lake, Saskatchewan on the 15th of August. Between the International and August 15 we are free spirits. We aren't looking for mileage and would prefer to "smell the flowers" along the way, see the sights, probably camping for the most part. Anyone else considering a Western vacation (or headed West to get home) after the International? If anyone is headed West... post your general plans or destination and lets see if we can piece something together. Or if you live West of the International and want visitors....
  4. I never thought id be saying this but life style changes have caused me to look for a sidecar.... ive really like the hannigan styling... but finding one used may be a problem..... any other suggestions???
  5. This is for all Hannigan Steer-Lite owners or anyone who may know the needed info... My parts are on their way & should be received in less than a week. I'm in the process of replacing the stock fork springs & 5 weight fork oil, with 15 weight fork oil & Progressive Springs. Does anyone have info on what the 4 fork clamp bolts on the Triple Tree should be torqued to? Any info or suggestions will be greatly appreciated! I also plan on installing the forks so that the top fork cover is flush with the top of the Tree. Front side flush - back side a little below to make it easy for maintenance checks. My goal is to do this once & enjoy my very nice Venture-Hannigan Trike. Thanks; John
  6. Does anybody know what the brand of brake caliper is used on the Hannigan Trike off hand? (for a couple speed bleeders) Thanks, Jeff
  7. Anyone with a Hannigan RSV trike have a rear bumper installed? Am pondering the idea of mounting one on my 08/2011. It would have to be frame mounted vice body mounted, I would think that a body mounted one would crack the fiberglass if any impact. Any sources/pix/suggestions would be appreciated. Tnx in advance.
  8. Currently riding a 2006 GL1800HPA (audio, comfort & nav). The bike is dark red and has quite a few options. I am strongly considering a trike and the missus like our 2002 RSV better than the current Wing so I am looking for a Hannigan conversion of an RSV. I would be happy to work a trade for someone looking to go to two wheels for a trike. If you know where a trike is or have an idea of where I could buy one, drop me a PM. I am NOT interested in a NEW conversion due to the Hannigan pricetag. I just missed a good deal listed on this site in the classifieds. Drop me a PM. Thanks - wiredgeorge PS: Some of you may know me as I was a Venturer way back before this site came into existance. I was Venturer 147 and the chaplain for about 2 years. I owned Millennium Edition #13.
  9. It's getting much closer to when I plan to trike my '09 RSV. I first considered the "4 wheel" route, then decided on the Hannigan trike. But I'm seeing a lot of bikes with the Voyager style kit. Talking with a couple of owners of both styles I'm again thinking of the Voyager kit. Much less expensive and removable. I would only remove it if needed however. I hate to keep flip flopping on this, but either way is expensive and I'm just concerned that the Hannigan (roughly $16K set up the way I want it) would be overkill. The Voyager riders I've talked with have both really liked their kits and their wives did also. But so did the Hannigan rider that I talked with. I even went up and looked at the HD Trike (sorry) and also test rode a Can-Am Spyder. I really like the Spyder except for the driver foot position. Before I commit to something this costly I REALLY REALLY want to ensure that I have all my ducks in a row!
  10. I had my '09 RSV triked about 3 months ago. We immediately took a four day ride down the Natchez Trace Parkway. Having some time now to evaluate and I've given some thought to possibly (possibly only) getting a trailer. I did not have a hitch installed when I had the trike conversion done. Would I need to have the Hannigan installer do the hitch or is that something I can pickup and install? If it's something I can do, where might I look for the hitch?
  11. Just delivered my Venture to the bike shop in Atlantic Iowa to be fitted with a Hannigan Trike kit. They will take it to the Hannigan plant in Kentucky for the installation, being the week of July 9 to July 14. First, they'll send them one of the saddle bags to use for a color match. I'll have an updated report on the results next month. Yeah, just calm down, huh! Owen.
  12. Does anyone know if/where fender/stone guards are available to fit the Hannigan trike? I've spent a few minutes searching and I can find them for every trike kit but Hannigan. I spent an hour this morning washing the trike and cleaning bug guts off the bike. I'd like to avoid gravel chips and such to the paint job.
  13. 2009 Venture Hannigan kit www.volunteercyclesandtrikes.com http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/alwrmc/?action=view&current=Along-the-Natchez-Trace-Par.jpg http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/alwrmc/?action=view&current=Hannah-and-Randy-discussing.jpg http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/alwrmc/?action=view&current=Hannah-on-trike-at-French-C.jpg
  14. So, I just bit the Bullet & will join the Hannigan group before too long. I just made a deposit on the Hannigan Trike kit for my RSV with all the extras. Delivery to be in later July. Wife will probably shoot me for sure now! Anyway, I'm excited. Thanks to everyone who had written positive opinions for these kits. I'll let you know how this all works out. Owen.
  15. Talked with Hannigan Motor Sports this morning about the auxiliary fuel tank they will be offering for their trike conversion kit. It is still in R&D and no date is available as to when it will be available. The tank will be 5 gallons. It will be placed under the passenger seat and a filler nozzle nearby with key The unit will not be a gravity fed unit and will have a pump and switch. The price with be just under 700.00 and does not include installation.
  16. Trike Conversion available - Hannigan A friend in the mid SC area who is a top notch bike mechanic asked me to post. If you are looking to trike your bike (Hannigan), he is setting up shop. I'm not looking, maybe later, but he told me that he will offer a generous labor discount for first customer. If interested, contact me and I'll hook you up with him. (no cut for me) Mike Griswold mikeginsc@bellsouth.net or call 803--420--3388. Mike G in SC
  17. Picked up a Time-Out trailer from Tupelo over the weekend. LED lights, 5pin round connector. Question to U Hannigan Trikers---- How did you route the wiring from the connections under the seat to the trailer hitch??
  18. I have an opportunity to purchase an 8x12 2010 enclosed trailer for $3k tomorrow. (distress sale, used once) Is this overkill on size to haul the Hannigan. What (I know, no one trailers their RSV) size trailer do you use?
  19. Bought a used Hannigan Classic sidecar and will have the local dealer (UNB Customs) mount it soon. It came off a HD Ultra Classic so the mounts are a bit different. It has the electric camber, disc brake and dampner. Dealer will order parts Monday and let me know when they will be in. I plan on installing a new rear tire on the RSMV and new rear brake pads plus flushing the brake fluid on the rear. This should take care of the need to get to the rear for awhile. It comes with the quick disconnect brake line so I can dismount the car easily. I talked in depth with Muffinman and got the courage to buy it. My wife loves the idea of comfort while riding. I don't have the heart to tell her she is still on the back of the bike and the dogs get the car. :whistling:
  20. Saw this post at triketalk.com and thought it was a great deal for someone who may be interested. Larry
  21. Converting 08 Royal Star VEnture to trike, is there a whale tail the will fit it? Hannigan kit. Thanks
  22. I have decided on a third wheel and have always liked the idea of a sidecar. Who still use one and what options for manufacturers do I have. I already have looked at Hannigan and Texas Sidecar. I am confused with Motorvations options list but will contact them soon.
  23. We had a potential costly situation with a trike dealer turn into a positive experience for us. For a couple of years Phil has been dreaming and planning to trike out his bike before he retires. The back in the beginning of August he pulled the trigger and put down a 50% deposit with the Oklahoma Hannigan Trike Dealer. He's been smiling non stop for the last 3 weeks. Earlier this week I was online paying some bills and noticed that the dealer had not cashed our check yet and that bothered me. The day next we got a letter in the mail with two sentences on it. "I cannot do your trike conversion." "I am returning your check." At least the dealer returned our check, but we still don't know what happened, we can only speculate. We are very lucky that our check was returned and that he had not deposited it and then told us try to get it back. We could have lost that money. (Of course I would have made his life uncomfortable if he had. I would have turned our daughter the lawyer loose on him.) Here's where the story turns positive. Phil called Hanningan Factory the next day. He made up his mind that he was going to trailer his bike to Kentucky and get the factory to install the trike kit. Phil talked with John from Hannigan, and John was fantastic. He was upset about the OKC situation and uphappy because the dealer has not talked with them. But he also told Phil that he was going to put us in touch with another dealer who would treat us right. He even made the phone call to the new dealer to contact us. In an hour we had a call from Gary with Lone Star Trikes and he and Phil were busy working out a work order for the trike. By the middle of the afternoon we had an invoice emailed to us and confirmation that the trike kit had been ordered at Hannigan with a mid October delivery date for the kit. Lone Star Trikes is even going to stop by the house and pick up the bike. I cannot say enough good things about Hannigan and Lone Star Trikes they worked with us to make Phil's dream of a trike turn the positive experience we wanted it to be. (Plus they saved me money I did not have to buy the trailer to take the bike to KY and that always makes me happy) My hats off to Hannigan and Lone Star Trikes they ROCK!:thumbsup2:
  24. Getting a Voyager Kit installed on my '91 VR and my riding buddy has a Voyager Kit on his '97 RSTD. We both need covers. I've read stuff about the Hannigan covers (Sorta like a Nelson-Riggs????). What's the deal? Will a Hannigan cover fit over bikes with Voyager Kits? Thanks. Y'All ride safe
  25. I got my march issue of Rider magazine today. There is a cool article about a 2 nd gen Hannigan trike conversion kit on the market. Anyone see it? https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/7c1va5VVTjjSavaahbHAzqb9susT2h0AJYuuY-fx9pw?feat=directlink