Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 8 results

1. SilvrT

MotorKote

Just got an email from them... MotorKote is now available at Wallmart ....
  2. Thought It would be interesting to start a thread for the brave ones who are using Motorkote in our bikes. I would hope that this will be input from actual users and a place to track results or lack of them with this product. I hope we don't get the nasayers who know of a second cousin on their great grandmother's side that put the stuff in his bike before he went to prison and by the time he got paroled the stuff had turned to acid and melted his bike. I have heard the stories and warnings about the damage to the clutch but when I press the mechanic or fellow rider as to WHO this happened to it is always "well, I heard from a friend or a friend or read something somewhere that this can happen. I am not sure in the past but this product has no hesitation in recommending it to be used in motorcycles. I just put mine in and have about 150 miles on the bike. will post my findings after a few more miles I am wondering if any one wants to comment who is using one any of the following: 1. Whine better. worse or no change? 2. clutch better less jump when putting in gear, no change or worse any problems at all? 3. Gas mileage better worse or same? 4. overall engine sound. Smoother, no change? 5. Rpm speed range of noise tighter, same or shift as to duration on start and when it goes away? Does it go away? General comments about bike after using. I thought this could bring a place to get all input in one thread. Look forward to hearing from others using Motorkote.
  3. Well my 2001 has a bit of a whine. Not to bad but enough to let you know it's there. About 60 in 4th. Seems to be worse with a little acceleration. When the engine is not under pressure it is quite. It kinda forces me into 5th earlier than I want but my Venture seems to do fine in 5th at about 45. I just don't accelerate very hard or I down shift and put up with the whine. I read all the post about Motorkote and thought I would give it a try. I had a oil leak from a bad gasket in the middle gear so I replaced it. I topped off the oil (which had about 1500 miles on it) with 7 oz of Motorkote. I can not tell any difference in the intensity or the frequency (RPM's) of the whine. The engine does seem to be running smoother and it sifts easier but no difference in the whine. My next oil change I will switch to synthetic motor oil and put about 8 more oz of Motorkote. Hopefully the clean oil and fresh Motorkote will do the trick. I did run the bike pretty hard to test the Motorkote to make sure it did not cause my clutch to slip since Motorkote is a friction modifier and no slipping.
  4. If anyone needs Motorkote now is the time to buy it before summer. Go to http://www.motorkote.com an down on the left hand side of the page click on Steve Sommers Specials. I think they are running these prices till the 22 of Feb.
  5. Go to the Motorkote website www.motorkote.com on the left hand side of the page you will see Steve Sommers Show Specials click on that an your all set. Free shipping an also a Free Hat !
  6. Seems most of you changed your oil at the same time you added the MotorKote (is that correct)??? My oil is not due to be changed...it's synthetic....and I don't want to fork out the bucks to change it just yet. Has anyone added the MotorKote to the oil that's in the bike without changing it? Would this be ok to do or not recommended??
  7. I have been using this for 1 1/2 years now. No problem with the clutch. I have been using it in everything from the bike to the mowers to all the vehicles. Just wondering if anyone here has used it yet.http://www.motorkote.com
  8. www.motorkote.com I just ordered 1 Gal of motorkote to use in all the vehicles, mowers, an the Venture. Just wondered if anyone has tried this product.