Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Here are the pics of my RSTD with Tour Pak added. This version was an aftermarket copy of the HD tour pack and had the rib in the bottom to sit atop the HD mounting bracket. I used my belt sander to take that off then welded up some square tubing to make the mount. I then put some rubber between my mount and the bottom of the tour pack, using 1/4" bolts and lock nuts. The back rest that came with it broke the rubber mounting blocks our first time out, so I ordered better replacements from McMaster Carr as suggested on this site. I'll be making another bracket at some point just to get a bit more sylish and maybe I'll have that one powder coated or chromed. This one just has some black RustOleum on it.
  2. I have a 06 Royal star tour deluxe, a buddy of mine is selling me a 09 Royal Star Venture Corbin Dual Tour Seat, and i wanted to know if it would fit on mine or not, he is on a different state so im not able to check. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks C""
  3. there has been some renewed interest in my detachable tour pack bracket and i am in process of having six made (three already sold). they are glossy black powder coated with mounting hardware. price is $225.00 and you pay shipping. i will have three left, so if you are interested give me a shout. buz http://i42.tinypic.com/1hcpk0.jpg http://i41.tinypic.com/5n55pu.jpg http://i40.tinypic.com/rw6fqw.jpg
  4. I was just wondering how many of these wonderful bikes you fine people may have owned in all these years. Just to start, I have owned and still do..ONE. But would like to have a garge full of them :mo money:but..... Sqidley says he has owned 8.. That might be a record. Nothing against other bikes, I was just wondering about the Venture and Tour Deluxe. Thanks....
  5. I just got done installing a tour pack on my 07 RSTD. Not very staisfied with the pack. It's a little small and cheaply made, but it has some cool LED lights. I think I will install a Harley tour pack when I find one that won't break the bank. What do you think? Mark
  6. We are making plans to meet Dragonrider for the St. Jude ride on Oct 6. Anyone else going? This is always a great ride. You can tour the hospital or Ronald McDonald house...either one is a great tour. We meet for lunch first and then ride to St. Jude's where we present our check. Then we get the tour. If you can't ride, how about a donation? We could really use it this year since we didn't do "Vogel". Contact Dragonrider and he will let you know how to do this. If you ARE going, let us know...maybe we can meet up along the way and ride together. Patti
  7. Time to start planning on making the trip to Memphis, Tn, to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. We will be making our presentation to the hospital of the monies we have raised this year. I need to get a count of how many are going and which facility they want to tour, the hospital or The Ronald Mc Donald House, both are fantastic places to see.
  8. Just found this on facebook for anyone looking to add a tour pack. Not sure of the location of the poster. BTW this is the first thread I've ever started let me kn ow if I've screwed it up:322: Yamaha Royal Star Venture and Tour Deluxe Fans, and Owners (Photos) Complete top box including speakers, handles, seat. Ready to receive spoiler and luggage rack Yamaha. (Holes are made.) Ideal to transform into a RSTDL RSV or almost ... Leave it to $ 999
  9. Dose anyone know if a tour pack from a venture would fit a royal star or do they make a after market one?
  10. Sacramento is hitting a heat waive around 105 this weekend. So I would like to know how to cloth under garments properly in this type of heat. Since I'm coming into that area. First of all I leaned the acro ATGATT for riding in extreme heat. But what about under garment. In more reasonable riding temp from 70s to 80s, under my Tour Master Transition Jacket with zipper air pockets and my Tour Master Air Pants, I wear a T-shirt and long jeans, so when I reach my destination I just remove my riding gear. So when one is riding long distance and gets caught in a heat wave of like 100 + degrees what would be best to combat the heat. 1) Keep the Jeans and T-shirt on. 2) How about Shorts and a T-shirt. 3) How about a specility item. The thinest, undergarment that has excellect moisture wicking properties. If 3 is the best recommendation then, being that your entire body is giving of moisture would full length sleeve or short length sleeve be better? 4) Or maybe something better??? Oh, all this would be in consideration with one wearing a cooling vest and a cooling neck wrap. I know also that one needs to have a large hikers drinking back pack. Inaddition to water one needs something like Gatoraid or Propel drink also.
  11. Motor has released a virtual tour video of its manufacturing plant in Troup, TX. You can see there entire facility without leaving your chair! Check it out here: [ame=http://youtu.be/HHLEKOWOi9w]Virtual Tour of Motor Trike, Inc. - YouTube[/ame]
  12. The great folks at St. Jude called me yesterday and we set up a date for our annual ride to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. The date is Oct. 6, 2012. We will meet at our usual place which is the Flying J Truck Stop in W. Memphis, Ark. We will meet there for 11:00 am that Sat. morning. We will have lunch there, then proceed over to St. Jude where they will be waiting for us to take a tour of the hospital and/or The Ronald McDonald House. If we have enough participation we will split the groups and tour the facility of your choice. I need to know how many members attending want to tour the hospital or the RM house. Here is the link to the poll to make your selection. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?p=688718#post688718 FLying J Truck Stop/Pilot 3400 Service Loop RD. 1-40 Exit 280/I-55 Exit 4 W. Memphis, Ark. Link to map: http://www.arkansasgasprices.com/map_gas_prices.aspx?z=11&lat=35.153890000000&long=-90.144200000000&sid=24080&tl=All
  13. Who ever picked up one or more of the auxillary tail light harnesses for a TOUR DELUXE , that I sent up to Don for Maint Day please contact me at stevemarilyn@hotmail.com or 386-314-6945. I need to recall the TOUR DELUXE harnesses, due to a major brain fade on my part I have mis pinned the the connectors, they will still work, but the color codes and functions are not correct on the wiring diagram. If you will contact me I will arrange for a replacement unit to be sent to you. This does NOT affect any Venture harnesses only the TOUR DELUXE.
  14. I didn't know where to post this... Desperately needing the right rear (#3) carb for a 96-97 Royal Star, part #4NK-14903-00-00. Might be interested in a complete set of 4 carbs, also. In the process of trying to remove the float pin, I broke the pin tower off. Please, someone, help me out! Thanks! I'm not interested in 32mm carbs, just the stock 28mm set up. According to the parts fiche, the following will interchange. 1996 ROYAL STAR - XVZ1300AH 1996 ROYAL STAR - XVZ1300AHC 1996 ROYAL STAR TOUR CLASSIC - XVZ1300ATH 1996 ROYAL STAR TOUR CLASSIC - XVZ1300ATHC 1996 ROYAL STAR XVZ13ATH_ATHC ROYAL STAR TOUR CLASSIC - XVZ13AH 1996 ROYAL STAR XVZ13ATH_ATHC ROYAL STAR TOUR CLASSIC - XVZ13AHC 1996 ROYAL STAR XVZ13ATH_ATHC ROYAL STAR TOUR CLASSIC - XVZ13ATH 1996 ROYAL STAR XVZ13ATH_ATHC ROYAL STAR TOUR CLASSIC - XVZ13ATHC 1996 XVZ13THC 1997 ROYAL STAR - XVZ1300AJ 1997 ROYAL STAR - XVZ1300AJC 1997 ROYAL STAR TOUR CLASSIC - XVZ1300ATJ 1997 ROYAL STAR TOUR CLASSIC - XVZ1300ATJC 1997 XVZ13AJ 1997 XVZ13AJC 1997 XVZ13ATJ 1997 XVZ13ATJC
  15. My 09 tour deluxe head light needs to be supported on the bottom, to the light bar to prevent shaking. I ordered the light bar [ part # STR-4NK35-10-01] and [sealed beam lamps [#STR-4NK35-10-00]. My question is which mounting hardware do i need,i can't find the right part # for a 09 tour deluxe. All i could find is a # for 06 and older. P.S. My 09 has the quick release windshield, if that makes a differance.
  16. If there is any interest in my auxillary tail and brake light harness for those going to Freebird's maintenance day I can arrange to have several of each (Venture/Royal Star & Tour Deluxe/ Road Star 1700) harnesses dropped shipped to Don. Cost is $11.00 for Venture style and $13.50 for Tour Deluxe style). http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=69814
  17. About to buy one, but I don't recall this... Does the Tour Deluxe have 1" or 1-1/4" bars on it?
  18. Thought I saw some ventures and /or Tour deluxes near Allen, NY. around noonish, anybody from here.
  19. I am looking at buying an '06 Midnight Tour Deluxe with 0 miles for $9,000. Is this a good deal?
  20. All, I am looking to add a venture tour pack truck, backrest and such to my 2008 RSTD. I have the hand grips and the trunk itself. I need the backrest, mounting brackets and other pieces. Where can I get a list of complete parts and where can I get the parts? I know I have seen some of the other RSTD owners do this and post some awesome pictures. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  21. Well, I might be back on a Yamaha! I found a great deal on an 08 Tour Deluxe with under 4,000 miles and warrenty until 2015. I would like to sell my 03 Road Glide first so I don't have to borrow the money and I am talking to a guy who will give me what I need to purchase the Tour Deluxe plus a 91 Trans Am GTA with 62,000 miles. So I get rid of the Road Glide and end up with a Tour Deluxe and a Trans Am with the only cost being the taxes and fees. Let's see - I've had two 2000 MM Ventures and an 07 Tour Deluxe. For some reason I keep coming back to the Yamaha! One of the greatest benefits of having a Royal Star is the Venturerider forum!!!
  22. Could any one tell me if a trailer hitch from a roadstar fit a 07 venture or a 09 tour deluxe.Any advice would help
  23. I rode this wonderful RSV and was about to put down the $4,500 for this *****in bagger. My brothers friend wanted me to try his 05 Royal Star Tour Deluxe. What a difference. The front end on the Tour was so responsive and the bike seemed so powerful. He does solo long hauls and uses a kuryaykn gran tailgater. Then he stripped down the Tour without the windows and back seat and it was a very neat looking bike. So I went back and tried the RSV and it was a heavy feel but and decided the Tour was more my style and versatile for our next Mexico Yellowstone adventure. Thanks to all. Do they let Tour owner on this site? Normax
  24. Could any one tell me if a trailer hitch from a road star fit a 07 venture or a 09 tour deluxe.Any help http://by153w.bay153.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=2&messageId=5bf85335-6622-11e1-879b-00237de334c2&Aux=40|0|8CEC84641DB36D0||0|0|0|0||&maxwidth=220&maxheight=160&size=Att&blob=MXwyMDEyMDIyMjEzNTEyNDkwNi5qcGd8aW1hZ2UvanBlZw_3d_3d would be great
  25. Anyone ever heard of a royal star super tour? Some guy is advertising one on craigs listhttp://elmira.craigslist.org/mcy/2852599000.html says its a 1400cc collectors edition. sound like a scam to me.