Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'installation'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Has anyone done an installation of a chrome rear fender tip, the "Official" Yamaha fender tip that requires drilling holes for the mounting bolts? I installed the front fender back of fender tip with no problems. My question is how much "Stuff" would I need to remove to have access to the rear fender to be able to drill holes in the proper locations. I'm sure I would need to remover the bags, but how much of the other hardware must be removed? Thanks!
  2. I just received the mic splitter from Edset. Anyone has pics on installation? Gaetan
  3. I am installing my new OEM passing lights on my '07 tomorrow. There is a tremendous amount of information here on relays, installation, etc. As usual, the fine folks at VR.org make seemingly tough jobs easy. I think I have all the answers I need except one... Dingy posted a great relays101 document here: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43150 This document shows the diagram attached. I want to make sure I understand where I am going with terminal 85. I am going to run from 85 to my toggle switch and from my switch, I will tap into the wire of my choice detailed in the installation instruction chart attached. In my case, I want them on all the time so I will go from 85, to switch to Red/Yellow wire, correct? Thanks all!
  4. Does anyone have one of those shouldered spacers that is required for the installation of the chrome rotor covers for a MKII?
  5. Here is a pretty darn good video showing the installation of the Mic-Mute on a Honda Goldwing. Many of us here have the Mic-Mute on our Royal Star Ventures and I honestly think that it is one of the best things you can do to improve the audio system on these bikes. The installation is obviously different on the RSV but the components and operation is pretty much the same. On the RSV, you have to split the fairing but it's really a pretty simple installation. Also, we already have the passenger push to talk switch. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvBfCKVT_PM&feature=player_embedded]Mic-Mutes Install on 2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800 - YouTube[/ame]
  6. Hello, Would anyone who owns the Diamond R Accessories RSV LED Saddlebag Light Bar be able to eMail me the installation instructions ??? I'm particularly interested in knowing if it is necessary to lower the mufflers in order for light bar installation. Thanks in advance, Mike
  7. Does someone have some procedure instructions on how to install Roto Covers on a MKII before I just go taking to many things off?
  8. Hi; Does anyone have an electronic copy of the Voyager RSV Installation Manual? If so, could you send me a copy. I've got a used Voyager kit which came off a HD & need to check over installation before I spend $660 for the hardware & manual from mtcVoyager. In there great wisdom, their support wants me to pay for a copy of the manual, even though I will get a printed copy when I buy the kit in two weeks (when I have the kit money). BTW... anyone have a mounting kit to sell? Anyone? JohnB
  9. Sorry I could not located the specs here. Can anyone tell me the torque specs for installation of the rear wheel. Thank you.
  10. I'm familiar with the Race Tech Imulators, but ran across this info on another board, and found it very interersting. Anyone here gone this route?? I'm thinking the Ricor Valve, plus the ease of installation, along with a set of Progressives just might be a great way to go. They are pricy but not much different from the Race Tech's..
  11. Just finished installing a HID headlight in my 05 RSTD from Canadian Cruiser Customizing. Have to say this was one of the easiest changes to do. Everything was plug and play and went together very easy. The hardest part is running the positive back to the battery. I zip tied my ballast to the back of the bracket that the headlight mounts too. Looks like you could also install it on the backside of the mount for windshield, but I didn't feel like taking everything back apart. Haven't had it out at night to tell the difference, but the installation was simple.
  12. YamaQman and I are trying to install this radiator grill on his 2001 RSV. It did not come with instructions and we are at a loss as to whether the radiator needs to be removed to complete installation. Does anyone have experience with this grill? It was purchased on ebay from autotrimdirect. Not sure how long it will take to get an answer from them.
  13. Ok, another question from a potential new member. This one is about a trunk rack for my 2007 RSV. I would like to get one for an upcoming trip, but since times are rough and money is an issue, which one would you recommend? I'm also a tad nervous about the installation, as drilling into my trunk lid sounds like something that I could screw up in a hurry. Your thoughts?
  14. A big THANK YOU to raceman62race for providing this PDF document for the Yamaha Passing Lamp installation. These are the original instructions from Yamaha that many say do not always come with the lamps. Most folks here would recommend that you supplement these instructions by adding a relay. Adding a relay will prevent the extra load of the lights from passing through your ignition switch and also isolates the passing lamps from your normal light circuit which would prevent your losing your headlight in the event of a short circuit within the passing lamps. Here is a simple diagram on wiring a relay for the lamps. [ame=http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=525]Standard Passing Light Relay Wiring - VentureRider.Org[/ame] The actual Yamaha instructions are attached here as a pdf file. Passing Lamp Installation Document
  15. Anyone with the Baker Built Air wings installed have a GOOD, clear picture of the finished installation? The instructions showing a diagram of the fnished installation is about 2" x 2"...so it looks like a black "blob". I can't make out much detail...even with my "readers" on! Anyone?
  16. OK GUYS AND GALS WHEN IT COMES TO KNOWING ABOUT DIFFERENT PRODUCTS I HAVE LEARNED TO TRUST ALL OF YOUR OPINIONS... IT IS TIME FOR ME TO THINK ABOUT ADDING A DRIVER BACKREST..WHICH ONE DO I GO WITH...DIAMOND OR UTOPIA..COST IS ABOUT THE SAME...I HAVE A 2005 RSV..HOW ABOUT INSTALLATION? THEY BOTH SEEM FAIRLY SIMPLE...WHAT DO YOU HAVE AND WHY DID YOU CHOOSE IT OR IS THERE SOMETHING ELSE OUT THERE I DONT KNOW ABOUT?
  17. Figured I would change the plugs before I use the newly aquired Carbtune. I've looked but seem unable to locate any thread on the proceedure for spark plug installation. The rear appear a straight forward unscrew and replace. But, how are the front plugs done? Does the tank have to be moved. And the engine support brackets have to be removed? What are the torque specs for them? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  18. i am negociating with a custom bike builder in ar. that does pinstriping, airbrush, and led lighting sales and installation. how many would be interested in having something done on there bike on site at the rally? bill
  19. Enclosed is a picture of my gauge set-up, to which I owe a big thank-you to jlh3rd, V7Goose, Freebird, and several others that posted instructions, ideas, and help of all kinds that made my installation trouble-free, leak-free, and a very straightforward job. Thanks again.
  20. Hi, I can not find the answer on any of the threads. I have purchased the Stebel Nautilus compact horn and an Amanet preassembled wiring kit. I installed the wiring kit as described but when I power the bike the horn starts sounding immediately. Somehow the wiring is not correct. The description says that I should connect one wire from the set to the power wire of the old horn. There are two wires connected to the old horn, a red one and a brown one, and when I connect the wire set to either one the result is the same. What am I doing wrong? Is there anyone out there who purchased the Amanet Plug and Play wiring harnes modell SNPNP successfully? Thanks, Robert:crying:
  21. This will sound very silly to some but I'm shaking off the winter dust from my winter purchases and ready to install a lot of them onto my 2006 RSV but for the most part, I either can't remember where I stored the dang stuff or misplaced the installation paperwork.. I need my own storage space lol I bought a trailer hitch assembly for my bike and can't find the installation paper work.. I can't even remember the brand name so that I could download it from their site. I'm wondering if anyone recognizes this description and could point me to their website.. The hitch is not from DiamondR.. The hitch comes with an optional 3 post flag mast attachment. Does this brand ring a bell with anyone?
  22. Could someone point me to a thread discussing the installation of these pipes? It seems like a read one once but now i cant find it. Thanks
  23. Does anyone have one of the shouldered spacers that is required for the installation of the chrome rotor covers?
  24. Hey people, as some of you know, I just purchased an '09 Venture. The dealer offered me a 20% discount on accessories so I went a little overboard on the items I wanted to dress up my ride. Thing is, when the quote came in, with installation included, the actual installation price was almost the same as the accessory price (eg. Trunk rack cost: $180. Installation: $135!!!). What I'd like to know is if there's various posts that explain installation techniques such as installing passing lamps, trunk wings, braided lines etc. I mean, step by step instructions to simplify my own installation. I dressed up my Silverado on my own but I'm not an expert, just a back yard type mechanic and any help would be appreciated. As usual, thanks in advance for all your help!........... Bluez
  25. I thought about installing a combined turn signal/brake light bar. Seems that defeats the purpose that the main message is "I am stopping" to the person behind me. I now plan to buy the Signal Dynamics 15" LED light bar with high and low intensity. I recall there being installation instructions somewhere as to how to install this light bar under the rear trunk? Anyone completed this installation and have some tips, instructions or photos for me to use for installation ? Appreciate the help.