Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. So I read the instruction on replacing the Shift Shaft Seal in the library; I also read the post on it in the forum from last April. In the Library it talks about major work, in the post it talks about pulling the seal with a hook and driving in the new one with a block of wood (or other tools would work as well) without removing the shaft. Anyone got experience or advice to offer?
  2. I realize there is another posting about protable cameras like the GoPro...but this little guy takes the cake. It's not really HD or waterproof....but it does seem to work from what I've read from others... Pilot Automotive Dash Cam - Walmart.com david
  3. Heard about a vet running across country to raise money to send a LST back to France for D-Day celebration in 2019. He is currently east of Hobbs NM in west Texas. From what I read he has to catch rides back to his RV when he is done with his daily rides. If any of your are along his route might be a neat thing to get involved with. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Coast...51518878297515
  4. Help!! First off,....excuse my ignorance....But I need help and fast! I have a '86 venture royal.....great bike....but recently....after a long down-time (almost a year) of not running I bought a new battery and got it fired up. Naturally, I wasn't to suprised when It wasn't running perfectly....figured old gas....so....sea-foamed,....and later tried techtron that I have had very good results with also. Ran it for a quick and although shot road test.....loaded it up with myself ,.wife and camping stuff and headed out. got about 35 or forty miles and it prgressively got worse so turned around and headed home. By the time we got back....hitting on only the front two cylinders....and burnt about half a tank in that short distance...naturally. So,....checking it out....sure enough....back two not firing....so quick went and bought some new plugs and put them in.....ran like a sewing machine....for about 1.5 miles.....same mis-firing came back. Now,....have read a little on here about something called a TCI.....but what is it and where is it. suspect it is a major ignition componet??? Also read about some memebers experiances with connector problems....a 6 pin? Again...where is it. I don't own a service manual for it sadly.....never had any real problems with it since I have owned it. Help! appreciate a point in the right direction
  5. Hi all, been a member for awhile now, and lot's of great info. I have an 86 Venture, and have a few questions as I'm gettin the old girl ready for another summer of touring. Tires- I'm looking at putting a set of Dunlop Elite 3'2 on, anyone else have these and how are they? I ride alot of 2-up, but like to scrape the pegs once in awhile too. Carbs- Time to rebuild, I notice the lh rear is wet, and the performance/mileage seems off. Is there anyone who offers a rebuild kit? I've read alot about changing the diaphrams, but most are old posts. Is there somewhere I can buy diaphram kits without breaking the bank? How do I get the map with the diff color provinces and states of where you've ridden? I've looked everywhere. (off topic I know, but I think it's cool) Thanks everyone, just read the post about the maintenance day and I'm gonna talk to the wife about makin another road trip, maybe we'll see some of you there.
  6. I'm dusting off the venture and bringing it out of mothballs. Bike was stored at my folks house this winter so I didn't get a chance to charge the battery every so offten this season so the battery is pooched. I bought a new battery from VIP yesterday and filled it with the acid. My question is how long should it take for the first charge i'm slow charging it at 2amps but i think it read charged alot sooner then I expected. Only took maybe 5 hours I thought for our bikes it would take over night atleast.
  7. When I was riding my Suzuki Boulevard, I found a really great forum to be a part of. When we switched to the RSDT I was hoping for another great forum. It looks like I found it. I can read and read for hours and still not see all the great stuff here. Even though the Suzuki site was free I will have no problem paying a little bit for the great info here. Great job guys.
  8. I want to check the float level on my 89, and I've read the directions and other posts. If you've done this, how have you connected the tubing to the carb. drain screw so that it doesn't leak? I read where Yammie has a special tool for this, but I saw that it looks like Dingy had something just pushed into the hole that he was able to connect a hose to. What's worked for you? Frank D.
  9. I wont go into the details, you have to read it yourself to believe it................ http://poststar.com/lifestyles/columns/natl/crivenbark/ladies-shaving-and-driving-don-t-mix/article_82347576-37b8-11df-ae3d-001cc4c03286.html
  10. I am wanting to get a tach for all the times you need one to tune on your bike. I have one built into a multimeter that has RPM and a lead you clip on a plug wire. Problem is, the damn numbers are all over the place. It reads RPMs but one moment you think you are set at 1050 then you are at 850, 975,1300,1100, then it bounces to 800....I mean I am totally tuning and syncing by ear, cause who knows...drives me crazy! So I am in search of a tach like the one in my service manual...I have a 96 Royal Star XVZ13A. So please tell me...do all digital tachs bounce numbers around or is it just the format of the multimeter. I have read that people fuss about buying a digital and it cant notice when you adjust something or is to slow in putting a read out. All thoughts and info on a good one would be great! Thanks all!
  11. It has been a great ride over the last 46 years,but I think it is time to hang the helmet up.It was sad to see my trike leave. I am planning on staying a member. I don't post much ,but I read your posts every day.I think I will get two seat ragtop and still ride the back roads.
  12. Hi, 2005 Venture, picked up in March this year, advertised as needing a shock, and nearing 100k miles, but at a good price. Talked to the guy on the phone, big guy...maybe twice my size, so I figure maybe it's still rideable at my weight of 160. Sure enough, it appeared the shock was blown as even with me on it it rode like a '73 Buick with eight of your buddies in the seats and the rest in the trunk headed for the $2 a car drive-in. And the bottom of the shock had some semi wet residue on it. After reading a bunch of threads about shocks I recalled having read something about tilting the bike and allowing fluid to run out of the shock to quiet a 'groaning' seal. Well when I bought the bike I was told it had been laid down on the highway in traffic a couple years earlier, don't know how long it was laid over. So I got to thinking the other night...maybe most of the oil ran out of the shock. In haste without doing any digging as to what to put in it other than a note I had read about someone putting 20W shock oil and some Automatic Tranny fluid...I wound up with all I could find at a Pep Boys at 8pm...A quart of ATF. Figured I'd squirt an ounce or two into the shock, see how bad it leaked and go from there. It took the first couple and there was a noticeable 'feel' of a difference bouncing up and down while in the driveway. So I fed it a couple more shots, even better! Couple more and there was a real difference. All the time checking underneath expecting a puddle. Took it for a quick spin around the block and it was still a bit 'rocking horse' feeling if I tried to make it bounce. Had never checked the air in it, thinking if the oil leaked out how could it hold any air!? Put about 50# of air in it and it felt way to stiff, so I dropped it down to about 35#. That was Monday evening. Rode to work and back past couple of days, about 40 miles total, hitting every rough spot and little whoop ti do I normally avoid and not a single drop of oil has shown up under it. In addition to this my 'nose diving' at stops has been reduced by about 80% which is huge when you're short legged and that nose diving really screws up your stopping stability and confidence. I'll be putting some miles on it this weekend, going on a 600 mile round trip run to Vegas. So we'll see how it holds up. Any thoughts as to why it wouldn't be leaking now if it had in the past? Did the ATF just swell the seals and they'll rot away now? Should I take it off and drain it so I can get the correct measured amount of fluid put in? (Read somewhere, but only 1 post, that there's roughly 7.5 oz of fluid.) What is the proper fluid to put in it?
  13. Just read on facebook that Mark passed away. Has anyone else heard this?
  14. This is from the gl1800 rider's forum, as such it is directed specifically toward the Wing.. However the concepts apply to all bikes. This is a long read but worth your time. If we all practiced this, it could save lives. http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?329608-SLOW-speed-control-and-Tighter-turning
  15. The Handwriting on the Wall A weary mother returned from the store, Lugging groceries through the kitchen door. Awaiting her arrival was her 8 year old son, Anxious to relate what his younger brother had done. "While I was out playing and Dad was on a call, T.J. took his crayons and wrote on the wall! It's on the new paper you just hung in the den. I told him you'd be mad at having to do it again." She let out a moan and furrowed her brow, "Where is your little brother right now?" She emptied her arms and with a purposeful stride, She marched to his closet where he had gone to hide. She called his full name as she entered his room. He trembled with fear--he knew that meant doom! For the next ten minutes, she ranted and raved About the expensive wallpaper and how she had saved. Lamenting all the work it would take to repair, She condemned his actions and total lack of care. The more she scolded, the madder she got, Then stomped from his room, totally distraught! She headed for the den to confirm her fears. When she saw the wall, her eyes flooded with tears. The message she read pierced her soul with a dart. It said, "I love Mommy," surrounded by a heart. Well, the wallpaper remained, just as she found it, With an empty picture frame hung to surround it. A reminder to her, and indeed to all, Take time to read the handwriting on the wall !!!
  16. Found this on another forum ... thought ya'll might like to read it. http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2012/06/an-open-letter-to-every-person-i-meet-who-finds-out-i-ride-a-motorcycle/
  17. The error codes on the compressor for a 86 , e4,e2, what do they mean? I heard the guys talking about how the rear shock could just be a regular shock and wondered where to look and what to read up on for anyone doing this? I think the computer is the issue with my loss of air.
  18. Tag along trailer from Harbor Freight... they had it marked down to $399 & I had a coupon for 20% off ,so after tax I got it for $342.37 can't wait to get it together... and yes I have read & will USE the thread on the HF tag along.... IF you are looking for an inexpensive trailer right now HF has the tag along for $399.00
  19. Kind of interesting read. if anybody cares http://www.ridermagazine.com/browse-by-type/tires/2012-touring-sport-touring-tire-buyers-guide.htm
  20. I searched but could not find anything that was first gen related. Can get a steal on a set of tires the rear is the stock 240/90/16 The front that is what I have the question on is a front that is a mt 90b 18 or 130/90-16 Now i have read of these being used on the RSV's with success and the riders liking them but i have heard nothing from the First Gen crowd. Any thoughts or experiences are appreciated. Bags
  21. Can somebody scan the pages of the cruise control operation from the owners manual? I have a scan from an 83 but not a Royale. The cruise on my 84 works fine but since I don't have an owners manual for it I don't really know the limitations. I did read here that it won't work over 80mph & I also read it takes a bit to engage (1 to 1.5 mile). Does it work in EVERY gear or just when in 5th? I finally have the bike running great with no smells or issues & the wife & I are making plans for longer road trips. Would be nice to know exactly how this thing should work. Andy help would be appreciated.
  22. http://lifeisaroad.com/stories/2004/10/27/theDarkSide.html
  23. Have you tried the ct yet? what do you think? the more I read about it, the more I am tempted to give it a try. What say ye?
  24. I bought a new laptop and when I go to a thread here it is soooo wide I have to scroll left and right to read it.Never had that problem with my other laptop.I have a COMPAQ Presario CQ 57.I hate having to do that everytime I read a thread.
  25. At Vogel in 2009 Yammer Dan gave me the book Leanings, by Peter Egan, I read it and passed it on to someone else, the idea was to keep forwarding it on to other members who wanted to read it.............Where is it now, did someone decided to add to their library?