Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Hey guys. I know that this has been brought up before and I wanted to share with ya'll what I just found. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-51I56E4bKZj/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=51000&I=105CSBB2 dimensions: 11-5/8"W x 2-1/2"H x 7-7/8"D It'd fit, I think, in a saddlebag, maybe in the trunk... would definately take up a bit of room, though... It comes with a wired volume control.
  2. Has anyone had any issues with intermittent play from the stereo? No matter what I have selected; CD Changer, AM, FM, Cassette (yes, I still have some), AUX (iPod)--nothing will play. If I leave the unit on as I'm riding down the road, the sound will come up to volume for a bit then go away again. It is not a connectivity issue because, if I turn up the volume all the way, I can hear the music on the selected source. The CB works just fine. I have the fairing split while I tourbleshoot this. I wiggled all the connections to make sure there isn't a loose connector. I put some dielectric grease on some of the connections that needed to be zip-tied before I resecured them. It's possible this problem came up since the last time I washed the bike. I was thinking possibly water got in somewhere and is grounding a connection??? I'm grasping at straws now. I've ridden this bike in torrential downpours and hailstorms in the high plains so it's seen its fair share of water. I would appreciate any help you can offer. BTW-I have a 2nd Gen '99... Thanks...
  3. Hello guys, I'm a newby Venture owner. I just purchased a really nice 1989 Yamaha Venture Royale and it is a great bike. The only thing missing on the bike is the cover for the sound pick up on the radio. I don't know exactly what it is called but it picks up wind speed or road noise or something that makes the volume increase on the radio. Is there any place to get a replacement part or is there any ideas of something I could use as a substitute??? Thanks Steve
  4. Was on trip to Myrtle Beach, had a short in the stabil horn and the radio went out? Well the head works, can change channels, bands, turn up volume, turn on and off the CB and what ever but no sound comes out of the speakers or the head sets? Have checked fuses? Any suggestions?
  5. I have a friend, Bro. Richard, A Baptist Minister and fellow CMA member who owns this Gold Wing. He has asked me a tech question and I don't knw but I assured him that I had other friends (namely youse guys) who might be able to help. He has added rear speakers with volume control and they work; but, now he has no intercom.........he can hear on the intercob but can not talk through it. Any ideas???
  6. On a recent trip I had a splitter for my Aux input so I could run the GPS and Pandora off my phone. The volume from the GPS was fine but I couldnt seem to get as much out of the phone, even turned way up. I did have my boosteroo with me and tried it but that didnt seem to help much. Is there any kind of amp that can be installed inline or the like for the Aux inputs? If I turn up the phone volume to say the very top the out put get sort of distorted, so I have to give it a couple clicks down. But then you have to run the volume on the bike @ 28-30 to hear it at 70mph.
  7. Have 1990 Venture. The CB comes on, it transmits and receives, but the volume is so low you can hardly hear it. Have checked all connections and they appear fine. When you turn on the CB, you hear it come on but volume is very low. The squelch works normally. Any ideas? The AM/FM and cassette have normal volume.
  8. We've all seen the "Walmart people"...well now they have a theme song! Turn up the volume and sing along! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RzcvFLPg1A?version=3%22%3E%3Cparam
  9. I'm looking at buying a RSV and have read the owners manual on line. One thing it does not explain, and the salesman at the dealership couldn't tell me either, is how the intercom works. The manual only tells how to adjust IC volume. I'm used to the GW and HD where you can use it as PTT or as open mic. How does this one work?
  10. Bought a low mileage 2008 this spring. Replaced a GL1500. SO far I like the venture better than the GL with the exception of the sound system which doesn't seem to have the oomph to provide enough volume to overcome earplugs. Handling is vastly superior to the GL1500. Not sure yet about all day comfort (which was excellent on the GL after adding a $700 aftermarket seat) but I'll get a read on that Friday when I make a trip for work with 225 mile round trip. hoping the stock seat doesn't cause butt burn. I dearly wish it had an electrically adjustable WS like my FJR. Presently adding farkles: baker air wings passenger arm rests (not sure of vendor yet, suggestions welcome) a clock! maybe a tach XM radio mount somehow I have to address the volume issue as road trip tunes are a big deal for me. good bike; I'm very glad I bought it!
  11. I have used a GL1500 sound system and J&M. in both instances the systems had plenty of volume to provide adequate sound in the helmet even with ear plugs. I use my helmet and headset I used with the GOldWing. with the Venture I often can barely hear. I'm wondering if this is typical for the Venture or maybe I have some other problem. I tried a small amp between the ipod and Venture but got too much distortion. suggestions anyone?
  12. I decided to install a set of rear speakers on the 1986. Several tears ago I ripped out the cassette player guts and had wired the XM from my Garmin into the cassette input. Which worked very well. However the co-pilot did not have good volume since there are only 2 speakers. I purchased a Shark Audio kit with a wired on/off and volume remote and set about revamping the system. Tapped the front speakers and installed a line level converter. Sent that to the amplifier and on to the rear speakers. Consolidated my fm radio/xm input switch to one small 3 pole unit. Stuffed the entire mess into the metal cassette player shel and made a top for it. I still need a grommet for the remote wire. Also the yellow around the edge is grease. I put RTV on the plate and then greased the cassette box. Hopefully this will create a gasket that stays on the plate and is re-useable. I then picked up switched power and adjusted the line-level converter. It has potentiometers to set the input level. Right now I have it where 1/2 volume on the rear speakers sounds about equal to the radio at 1/2 volume. Trying not to rob too much from the front output. I am satisfied with the appearance and the sound. It is really very good! Total cost for the project was about $100.00. Don't believe the 100 watts! That has to be peak at full volume! I suspect about 15-20 RMS. JB
  13. I need a little help with my 2001 RSV. My radio controller will not shut off, change channels and none of the buttons work except the volume control. I reviewed a boat load of previous posts and therefore split the fairing and checked the connections and all were fine. On Weds I installed new speakers, removed the CD changer and installed an AMP and everything was working just fine. Today, I go out and about 2 miles into my ride the radio controller starts to malfunction. Here's a very interesting thing: the rear push to talk for the passenger will change the radio station when it's pressed. Now that's VERY ODD to me, especially when the radio controller won't do anything except adjust the volume. I will ateempt to trouble shoot again tomorrow. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. JAKBAG
  14. My wife and I were heading out with some friends to the Heroes Highway Ride in the rain yesterday when I suddenly got an ear busting shriek in my headphones. It was really painful and lasted several seconds. I pulled up beside the leader at the next traffic light and told him I had a problem and to pull into the next mall. I got a couple more blasts on the way and was in real pain. Finally pulled into the lot and turned off the ignition just as another one hit. I checked what I could and my buddy tried his headset but nothing there. I was afraid it was an electrical problem and I didn't want to risk riding another 150 KM and possibly breaking down on a major highway in the rain, so the others went on and we unplugged our headsets and went back home. Once there (With my ears still ringing!) I started testing the system and by accident, discovered the problem - my wife had turned her volume up to max to make sure I could hear her over the extra noise from the rain and wet roads. I turned the main volume up as well and what we were getting was "feedback" from the intercom system! When it shrieked, I dropped the volume for the passenger and the noise stopped. It was worse with my IMC headsets than with the J&M set, which wasn't surprising since the IMC have always seemed to have a more sensitive microphone. Anyway, that's something else we'll have to watch in the future. Now I have to head to the doctor's to see just how badly I may have hurt my ears. My first bike with an audio system...it never occurred to me that this could happen. Yet another - painful - lesson. Oh yeah ... I was wearing some Icon waterproof Patrol gloves and they got thoroughly wet inside and out. It seems they have a design flaw - the waterproof liner is stitched to the inner and outer liner of the glove. Guess what happens when you poke dozens of little holes in a waterproof line - IT ISN'T WATERPROOF ANY MORE!! Fortunately they were still under warranty so I returned to the dealer and exchanged them for some Teknic gloves that have a tab all along the edge of their liner so that when it is sewn to the inner and outer layers, it doesn't get poked full of holes leading to the interior of the glove! Oh and our first time used, less than a year old Frogg Togg pants leaked at the seams and nicely wet our bottoms - such fun! Andy
  15. So, after runninga bit with the LA Chopper slip-ons I decided to go back to stock pipes. The highway volume became so obnoxious it rattled my eardrums out! The helmet seeemed to make the volume louder- more than I could take. Too bad 'cause I liked the rumble of these pipes at idle and throttle blip. Also, so after putting stock pipes back on and taking a small roadtrip this weekend I realized another issue (I had installed a jet kit to tune the pipes)- gas mileage went down considerably! I used to get 42-45mpg and on this 300 mile trip I only averaged 28-30mpg!!! Jet kit is coming out too. Oh well, I guess it's not such a good idea to re-engineer/mess with what's not broke. RSTAR08
  16. Anyone ever try and diagnose or repair the auto volume microphone in the 1st gen. ? Mine was working until this week. Possible that I got water in it washing the bike. Or I changed out my speakers. Pulled the radio and both side panels to install them. Also installed a noise filter on the C.B. I got used to the auto volume. JB
  17. Got a set of rear speakers mounted into the saddle bags of the scooter this week. I found a set of computer speakers that had a interesting shape to them at a local electronics recycler. I don't know what they came from. I hooked them up to stereo in garage before hand and they sound pretty good. Mounted into front of saddlebags with a thin piece of a baggie over them to water proof. I know that won't help sound, but it will give me an overall better volume on bike. I have an aftermarket radio with front & rear volume controls. Gary
  18. The radio and CB in my 86 work. Its just that they aren't very loud. I would say that max volume gives about 50% output. My 89 easily blows it away in volume. Connections are good at the radio and amp. Any thoughts?
  19. Have 1993 Venture the CB comes on it transmitts and receives, but the volume is so low you can hardly hear it. Have checked all connection they are fine. Check coax cables they are fine. When you turn on the CB hear it come on but volume is very low any ideas:mytruck1:
  20. Found this old thread. How many are using this? Is it worth the money? One thingI noticed with my RSV is I wish at time, especially riding solo It would be nice to not have to toggle thru and turn the IC volume down, only to turn back up when I am 2up. Seems like this would cut down on unwanted wind noise as well. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=992
  21. I posted this a few days ago on the Tech Forum and appreciate the responses from the few that tried to help out but no solutions has been found yet, so now I'm putting it out here for all to see. Maybe you have had this problem before and already know the answer, we'll see. Ok, here's the problem. When I turn up the volume to about 15 on the radio control, that's about as high as I need to go without being too loud in my headsets. At the same time my wife has to turn hers( the rear control) to max to be able to hear at all when we are out riding. I thought it might be in the helmet but it does this with different helmets. I've even taken one helmet and hooked it up to the front, adjusted the volume to where it almost too loud for me, unhooked it and plugged it in to the rear, and still have to turn it to max to be able to hear anything. This is on a 09 RSV. I thought it might be in the connections in the fairing, so I took them all apart, inspected , cleaned, put on some dielectric grease, but the problem remains. Really don't want to take it back to the stealer, I've been burned too many times! I guess I need also to mention, it's not got anything to do with the brand of headsets since I've tried IMC, Edsets, and some really cheap brands. The result is always the same. Anyone else had this problem???? Is this a common problem? I do have Mic-Mutes installed but I had this problem even before they were installed. One possible solution was to use the fader control for front to rear volume adjustment , but to my knowledge this only works with the onboard speakers. Once you plug in the headsets, the option goes away on the control module. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
  22. Ok here's the problem. When I turn up the volume to about 15 on the radio control, that's about as high as I need to go without being too loud in my headsets. At the same time my wife has to turn hers( the rear control) to max to be able to hear at all when we are out riding. I thought it might be in the helmet but it does this with different helmets. I've even taken one helmet and hooked it up to the front, adjusted the volume to where it almost too loud for me, unhooked it and plugged it in to the rear, and still have to turn it to max to be able to hear anything. This is on a 09 RSV. I thought it might be in the connections in the fairing, so I took them all apart, inspected , cleaned, put on some dielectric grease, but the problem remains. Really don't want to take it back to the stealer, I've been burned too many times! I guess I need also to mention, it's not got anything to do with the brand of headsets since I've tried IMC, Edsets, and some really cheap brands. The result is always the same. Anyone else had this problem???? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
  23. Went for a little ride today and my speakers stop working when i went to increase the volume . Everything is on but there is barely any sound coming out.Anybody ????
  24. Changed my oil to Rotella T6. I do not have as much oil in it as usual because I was unknowingly overfilling. I am half way up in the oil window when level. The whining is unbelievable where there was no whining before. Whining only occurs on decelaration. When engine is under load it is fine. I think it is a volume issue. Thoughts? Bob
  25. Shell comercial - vintage race cars,,, sounding off. If you have gone beyond stock pipes,,, you will really like this. Crank up your volume. Mike G in SC Oops, didn't get the attachemnt to post, so click the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=1_kwxzU4wL4&vq=medium