Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 12 results

1. '88 VR......Is there a good way to install a retaining strap on the saddlebag top cover to hang it, rather than lift it off and set it down? Ideas are welcome...... -Pete, in Tacoma WA USA '83,88 Venture
  2. Left work and got on it up to 4th and 50-60 MPH and remembered I didn't strap my helmet. Just took my hands off and let her coast while I did the quick strap, kept missing slot. When she slowed down, I'm guessing around 35, she started something like a tank slap. Scared the heck out of me when I grabed the controls to accel out of it. I'm guessing in 4th the engine started to lug a little to start it??? Anyway, don't try this at home boys and girls, I'm a professional - idiot!
  3. We are in a major heat wave here in Arkansas...and using true "hillbilly" ingenuity, I was able to strap the AC to the back of the bike...now I gots to figger out how turn thems vents around.
  4. For guys that trailer a 2nd gen, where are your strap points on the front of the bike?
  5. If you have ever found your helmet with a bad odor from sweat. Or maybe someone wore your helmet and you don't care for there head lice. You can do what I do and put your melon protector In the dish washer on a short cycle (30 min) with about 1 oz of Shampoo. Just use your strap and tie it around the bottom of the bottom tray and use a safety pin to hold the rest of the strap so it won't lay on the heating element. Just pull the helmet out after the last rinse cycle. You don't need the heating element on to dry the thing. The helmet comes out clean and fresh. Just thought someone else might like to know how to clean one up. Been doing it for years and never thought of posting it until I had to clean mine tonight...................Ron
  6. One of the leather straps on the bags of my 97 RS is short! It's apparently not been taken care of before I bought it. The strap looks like it suffered some pretty serious shrinkage, and I am looking for some good tips to stretch it back out. I've got plenty of leather treatments, but they're for cleaning & protecting... My father in law told me to soak the strap in water, then stretch it out by hand, little by little. Soak-Stretch-Dry-Treat. He said do this a couple times and I should be able to get it where I need it to be. The bags are the hard-leather bags (ABS covered with leather) if that helps. I'll try to post pictures if I remember when I get home tonight. **On a side note, I'm not so concerned with the aesthetics of the leather after stretching, it's the structural integrity of the 'belt' I'm worried about.
  7. Does anyone have any suggestions for the passenger handgrips?? I am looking for something for the passenger to hang on to. I am changing seats to the Mustang, and the seat strap will be gone. Not that the existing seat strap is a great thing to hang onto. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My bike is a 2008 Royal Star tour deluxe.
  8. I have winched my 87 VR up into my Volvo semi truck two or three time and am curious about any potential damage to the forks. I found a thick tree strap (for ATVs with a winch) that wraps around the forks just above the fork brace and clears the front tire. I then winch the bike up a 14 foot ramp and have had no problems. The bike steers and tracks just fine after I get it down but I don't want to cause future problems. It looks like I could rig up a longer strap which could connect on the lower crash bars and clear the front wheel if I am doing this the wrong way. Any input on potentially damaging the forks with this procedure? Thanks.
  9. I am looking for a touring bag for my RSTD. It's hard to tell very much from the small pictures in ads and I haven't had any experience with them. From what I see, some of them mount over the backrest and sit on the passenger seat while others seem to strap to the back side of the backrest. I think I would prefer one that will strap securely to the back or fit either way. It doesn't have to be leather, cordura fabric would be OK but I am not interested in spending $400 on one. Would also prefer one with some type of inner frame to keep it's shape. I have seen a couple of the Saddleman bags that I might like, but I would like some feedback from folks who have had different ones and what you think about them. I have run a seach on the forum, but some of the older links no longer work. I may be asking too much, but hey, if you don't ask ........ Thanks, Jeff
  10. I was wondering how much gear can you safely pack on a bike and riding 2 up to camp with? My tent and cooking kit is small but would already overload the trunk and rack capacity. I figure I can strap the sleeping bags and pads to the sides to the saddlebags but cant figure out where to carry everything else. Honestly our bikes are big, but they dont have a lot of storage room. I was thinking of getting a giant tank bag to strap to my tank rack... anyone have any suggestions? I am getting a hitch made but with the wife losing her job buying the camper trailer is no longer an option... has anyone sucessfully camped for two on a weekend with just what you load on the bike? how to you keep from making the bike even more top heavy?
  11. .........your sitting on the throne in the bathroom thinking about the ride you had today, you lean into the corner your thinking about and hit your head on the sink. .........you come to a stop and open the door and put your foot down. .........you have turned on the wipers, the turn signals and hit the horn trying to find the clutch and hand brake. ...........you start ducking all those big bugs hitting the windshield OR your hanging your head out the window trying to catch lunch! ..........you strap you tank bag on the hood of the car. .........you strap your saddle bags to the trunk of the car. . .........you just tried to split lanes between two very large trucks (ie. Cali ). .........you are driving with all your riding gear on. I'm sure you folks could come up with a few. KURT
  12. Just about 15 days till ya get to see the new addition to my bike, now if i can figure on how to strap her to the bike.:banana: