Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. BradT

New Home

Well we finally made it. With all the issues we had earlier this year, Rhonda and I finally got moved into to our new home. IT was not easy and we both went through a lot. I want to thank Brooke and Matthew for moving all the stuff we have and not complaining too much. And of Course Rhonda for putting up with my crankyness over the last few months. (Love you) Brad
  2. Quit smoking two weeks ago....This is my 3rd attempt at this...first time I quit for 10 months...2nd time for 6 months..GOT TO MAKE IT STICK THIS TIME.......I'm doing good so far, I mean, I haven't killed anyone and the urge to do so is nearly gone......LOL:fnd_(16):
  3. I have no idea how the he|| I'm going to get this tupperware back on but at least I have 5 months to do it LOL [ATTACH]72801[/ATTACH]
  4. If I have been using a little seafoam in every fillup sense I have owned my bike,do I need to put Stabol in her when I put her up for the cold months? In short, will Seafoam do the same thing as Stabol as far as keeping the gas from turning to varnish in the carbs?
  5. Over the past weekend we received 6 times as much rain as we've had over the past 2 & 1/2 months!! Now, one might think that we got flooded and washed away but in the past 2 & 1/2 month's we've maybe recorded an inch of rain. No wonder I spent the weekend "tinkering". http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73903
  6. wanted to drop ya a line and let ya know i made it to Kabul its been a long last few months but we will have some fun out here:draming:
  7. Well it looks like I am going to be sidelined at least 3 months or more so I am thinking I should do some serious maintenance on the bikes. So here is what I am thinking: Do the valve check, both bikes are way over due Check the clutches in both bikes maybe go ahead and upgrade the springs Check and adjust steering head bearings Change and Bleed Clutch and Brakes Flush cooling systems Check all the hoses and rubber Change oil in one just did the other Set the other one up to tow a trailer also Finish the solo mod on the one and paint it Lube everything that should be lubed. Any other ideas?
  8. I got a water leak under the house. It's on the back side which is low to the ground.I use to get under there fine but now I don't fit. So my options are 1. Dig a ditch to crawl in. 2.Jack up the house. 3.Loose some weight and try it in a couple months. 4. Hire a skinny plumber. I wonder why the electric bill increased. The submersible pump is running more often.This honey dooo list never gets finished.
  9. My lawyer and Barrister worked really hard today for four hours, negotiating my claim. It was diminished a fair bit, but the best outcome they could achieve under the circumstances. It will be about three months till any funds are in our bank.... but big decisions to be made now!!!!! Only one I'm sure of is: "See you in 2013" Plans to follow
  10. Anybody seen or heard from V7Goose it's been almost two months since his last post not sure on his last visit. Hope he didn't get deleted.
  11. I have only popped in every once in awhile. It all started back in Aug when I finally got a clean bill of health from my Doc on my Bi-femurial Aorta bypass and was released to pursue all activities. My Mom calls and informs me she has stage 4 lung cancer and will not take any treatments to extend her life. I went to CA right away and got to spend the last 2 months of her life with her. She never had any pain and had great Hospice care. She passed in her sleep Oct 27. Since then there has been 6 more deaths in my family with the last being the hardest to take. My 19 yr old nephew who has lived with me for the last 6 yrs died from heart arrhythmia of unknown cause. I just returned from CA today from my 3rd trip out. Finished up with Mom's estate and put her house up for sell and had a offer in 3 days from a couple in Canada which was accepted and if all goes well will close June 7th. Then I will be ready for some riding.
  12. Just shy of 3 months for Kruisin The Kootenays rally ya'll .... time to get your reservation sent in. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65031 http://www.facebook.com/kruisnthekootenays http://kruisnthekootenays.ca/ http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp16/SilvrT/KruisnKootenays.jpg
  13. Has anyone heard from 86er, aka Todd? I have tried calling him several times to see whats up with him and all I get are his answering machine and voice mail. Its been about 7 months since I last talked to him. :confused24: Todd if you read this check in and let us know you are OK!!
  14. I just wanted to thank the Ventureriders for all of your help in bringing out the jem in the ratty old bike I picked up Christmas eve. Without your knowledge & help finding parts, there would have been NO WAY I could have pulled this off in just over 2 months. - Thanks again!
  15. Well,Santa Clause finally found my home today. Been waiting 4 months on this.
  16. My buddy has decided to clean his carb ai showed him last year.Problem is he lost the seat that goes under the main jet.Its thr one thr vacuum needle slides into.It can be seen through the venturi on one carb but not the other. The bike is a Johnny pag chopper and from all the info I can gather on the carb.It is Sheng Wey (Keihin copy)26mm vacuum type carb. Much like thr ones on the old gold wings I had.I need to find a replacement for this part.I'm hoping someone can lead me in the right direction our better yet, if someone has a parts carb than can part with this item if size matches.Any Ideas Would be appreciated. I wasnt to get him back running again.I've been holding on to his carb for 5 months now. Thank you in advance
  17. Back to Hill Country for the next three months! Looking forward to seeing our old friends and maybe meeting some new ones too.
  18. Sending out invite to all who want to come this Sat at Noon for BBQ at Goode Company on 290NW just past 1960. Same place as previous meets. Come out and introduce yourself to DAVE77459 again. He was missed since being TDY to Joplin, Mo for the last 6 months. And it looks like a good day for riding, Dave is way behind. See ya there. Here is several links to Location of Goode Company BBQ. [ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?source=s_q&f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=goode+company&sll=29.9076,-95.608625&sspn=0.007886,0.011094&ie=UTF8&hq=goode+company&hnear=&cid=12352199228659952764&ll=29.921613,-95.608521&spn=0.190439,0.324097&z=11&iwloc=A&vpsrc=6&oi=map_misc&ct=api_logo]Google Maps[/ame] http://www.goodecompany.com/our-restaurants/goode-company-bar-b-q/locations/20102-northwest-frwy.html
  19. There is nothing up around Tahoe so far this winter, and if Mother Nature doesn't get with the picture we're going to have a long dry summer. The snow pack in the Sierras is our summer water supply. We did get a series of storms roll thru the area a couple of months ago, but any snow produced has melted off. Haven't seen anything like this since '73 and the draugt of '74-'75. Hope we have another March Miracle... http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i16/Cirquerider/2011/2011-12-18%20no%20snow/nosnow096.jpg
  20. I had some tests on my ears today about 1 1/2 hours worth of very involved testing, due to the vertigo and dizziness I have been experiencing for the past 1 1/2 months. They believe there is a problem with a nerve that connects my ear to my brain that is not functioning all the time, he explained it as a short circuit in laymans terms, now I have to have an MRI of my ear to get a more detailed image of whats going on. It seems like I have been going to the Dr.'s for one thing or another for the past 3-4 months, next week or sometime before Xmas I have to go have an injection into my neck to try to alleviate the pain and discomfort I have be experiencing lately................when will it end.............???? But at least I have plenty of time since I am off on disability for the next 3-5 weeks. I guess it comes with getting to be a senior citizen.:doh:
  21. I just finished installing my new Lynksys E3200 and now have no use for my old Netgear Range Max WPN824 v2. It works fine but I got tired of rebooting the router now and then. It worked for a couple of years fine but this summer started needing periodic reboots, every couple of months give or take. Rather than letting it clutter up my garage even more, I'm offering it to anybody that wants it...
  22. Looks like I have to go abroad for 12 months Any tips on storing a bike for 12 months. Any issues with leaving it in cold storage? Could get 25 degrees below zero in the winter. Any tips or recommendations are appreciated
  23. ok time for oil change whats the best stuff everyone uses? dont know whats in it now as i just bought it cpl months ago.
  24. Just to let my VR family and friends know that my dad passed on today, the 16th anniversary of my mothers death. I was honoured to be able to have one last father's day with him yesterday and even though he wasn't awake I gave him a shave and I think he knew I was there. Dad has been in failing health for the last few months and although we knew his time was near, it doesn't make it any easier. He was 91 years old and he lived a long and full life.
  25. On May the 2nd I woke up not feeling too well. My left hand was swollen and my arm was tingly numb from fingertips to shoulder. The area around my mouth was tingling. Checked my blood pressure several times and it was continually going up. So off to the Dr. Office I go. He loads me into a meat wagon and sends me to UT hospital where the tests begin. the result was that I had a TIA or mini- stroke. When I was able to go tell the Boss at work they told me I would have to be off until the Dr. Said it would be safe for me to go back to work. BUT, the Medical Dept. Of Norfolk Southern said that I would have to be off for a minimum of 6 months and not have any more TIA's to be able to go back to work. My question is....What do I do with all this time on my hands? Should I still try to make MD?