Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Is there a way to set the font, color, and size when making a post? So each time I don't have to go through the motions to get what I want? Or have I looked over something? I know its not anything major, just makes it looks pretty.......
  2. For several years now I have been looking at used Miata's but unless someone wanted a war pension for them, they were usually pretty ragged out. Today, Linda and I found one locally for a good price and took a look at it and it looked a lot better than I expected. The guy that had it had just gotten it from his mother who has had it for the last five years. It looks totally unmolested. He said the timing belt had been changed about 20,000 miles ago and it had a new alternator and battery. The interior and the top looked to be in very good condition. The two things I am not real crazy about is it is white, but the paint is in very good condition and it is an automatic, which Linda wanted because she says she could never learn how to drive a stick. We took it for a short ride and it seemed to be very solid. The engine was quiet and the trans shifted nice and firm. I did smell the trans fluid before I started it and it smelled good. My hope is to upgrade the wheels and tires as it still has the stock ones and I want to add a trailer hitch so I can pull the Time Out camper behind it. With all the upgrades I am doing to my bike and getting this and being retired, I am really looking for spring. I can not post any pictures yet as I have not picked it up and he has not officially gotten the title yet, as it is in the mail where he transferred it over from his mother. I know I will never find another website like this one, but if any of you have any good suggestions, let me know. RandyA
  3. I have a 2008 RSV, I pulled up to a stop light one day when the light turned green I let out the clutch and the bike stalled out. When I looked down I had no power, I checked the main fuse and battery both were good. My neighbor looked on his phone while I was checking these, he said the ignition switch was notorious for going bad. I pulled the ignition switch cleaned it up, I put it back together and it worked fine. I rode for a week with no further problems, then getting ready to leave for work the same thing happened. I used a volt meter and checked the ignition switch sometimes it would make connection sometimes not, when I got the bike home I looked at the ignition switch again. I could get power and even got it to start a few times however I could never get the neutral light to come on. I put a universal switch on and get power to everything except I still do not get a neutral light and it will not turn over. I have checked the clutch switch, kick stand switch, neutral switch, automatic kill switch, manual kill switch, and the starter button. I suspect it is the ignition cut off relay or the ignitor, I have had no luck locating the ignition cut off relay and not sure if there is any way to test it if I did find it. Has anyone experiences this problem? I have a random short in the radio, not sure if it is in the remote head or the main radio. I did find it shorting out so I disconnected the radio, after looking at a wiring diagram I noticed what looked like a wire going into the radio so I pulled the fuse and reconnected the radio. This does not seem to effect anything I have looked at.
  4. I got my Road King slips ons today. They are from an 09 bike and were never used. I looked into the input on one of them and it looked like a wig was stuffed in there. This is what I pulled out. It appears to be packing? The stuff you see is brownish, the rest inside the muffler is white. Anyone else see this? Now that I pulled it out a bit did I screw it up?
  5. This was read on the Dr Phil show on Wednesday by Dr Phil and his wife, Robin at the end of his show. Then it was followed by a bell tolling for each life taken at Sandy Hook Elementary on Friday. I'm sure it will go viral, and it should since Jesus is the LIGHT. Eleven Days Before Christmas >> Twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38 a.m. > > when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate. >> Their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air, > > they could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there. > > They were filled with such joy, they didn't know what to say, > > they remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day. > > "Where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse. > > "This is heaven." declared a small boy. "we're spending Christmas at God's house." > > When what to their wondering eyes did appear, > > but Jesus, their Savior, the children gathered near. > > He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same. > > Then He opened His arms and He called them by name, > > and in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring. > > Those children all flew into the arms of their King > > and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace, > > one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face. > > And as if He could read all the questions she had > > He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad." > > Then He looked down on earth, the world far below, > > He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe. > > Then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand, > > "Let My power and presence re-enter this land!" > > "may this country be delivered from the hands of fools" > > "I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!" > > Then He and the children stood up without a sound. > > "Come now my children, let me show you around." > > Excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran, > > all displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can. > > And I heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight, > > "In the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT." > > > Written by Cameo Smith, Mt. Wolf, PA >
  6. The wife and I stopped at the local HD shop and were admiring their fleet when I noticed something. There was a new Street Glide sitting next to a new Electra Glide Classic. The bikes were exactly the same price (like 19400). To my untrained eye the Street Glide looked exactly like the Electra except it was stripped of the rear tour pack with backrest, light bar, chrome bag guards, radio, front and rear bumper, rider floor boards and fairing trim.. So I said to the salesman, I bet you dont sell alot of those stripped down bikes for the same price you sell the decked out one for.. I was SHOCKED to find out that the Street Glide out sold the Electra 10 to 1!! After finding out they are exactly the same bike with just more stuff added onto the electra, I went to the parts counter and found out that the extra parts on the electra added up to over 3 grand worth of parts.. So I go back to the salesman and said, how come people dont just buy the electra and remove the parts they dont want and keep them in case trends or needs change.. He looked at me dumbfoundedly and said, cause people dont think like that... I still dont get it, my mind dont work like that, who wouldnt want 3 grand of xtra parts for free..
  7. thought this looked interesting bumble bee
  8. Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2 Did something really stupid. Trying to get a cigarette out of my mouth with gloves on and dropped it in my lap. Looked down and when I looked up was in the ditch. I'm ok but my ribs hurt.
  9. Passed a MkII on Dallas Road on Thursday. Couldn't see very well due to the blinding sun. Looked like it might have been Kevin in Victoria. Not too many MC's wave at scooters.
  10. I've looked for the switch everywhere. Owners manual doesn't say anything. Thanks
  11. OK your busted Miller47 shame on you for getting such a big head start on the Eureka Springs Meet & Eat and leaving us here to ride in the rain all by ourselves. Hey that scoot and trailer looked good going down the road. You two have a safe ride up and hopefully will see you there. Issac may be weakening some
  12. He traded his venture in on a Polaris ranger... but said as soon as he recovered he was buying a SuperTenure..He looked good,, but said he had good days & bad days..please continue to pray for Big Bird & his family..
  13. Im in the process of installing a Venture trunk to my '06 RSTD. I know I can cut off the lock pins for the passenger sissy bar but I dont want to do that in case I ever want to remove the trunk and switch back to the cruiser look. So Im asking if anyone here has a pair of the chrome saddlebag brackets from a Venture that the trunk mount bolts to for sale. Ive looked on eBay but the sellers wont seperate and also scanned craigslist. Heres a pic of what I need... http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/948/17888f.jpg Also my bike is Pearl White and I need to paint the trunk does anyone know what automobile color is close it. I looked here but I dont want to pay $400 for base coat and paint. Also an idea I did to my RSTD was to put extra lights so I can be seen at night. I bought 2 packs of the 12" red and 1 pack of the blue LED lights at Autrozone. The have adhesive tape on them so no drilling. I cut the wires off of one set and soldered the two 12" pieces together to make them 24". Started at the back and ran them across the bottom of the saddles. I took the blue 12" and stuck one on each side under the tank on the inside of the flange where the tank is welded together. I get alot of complements on them abd believe me I can be seen and I only have $60 in the lights
  14. Goldwing with landing gear...My nephew works at this dealership, I looked at the bike and it is in EXCELLENT shape... http://www.motorsportssuperstore.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=09447748X7K6K2012J10I15I26JPMQ808R0&veh=141&pov=2726559
  15. I was coming out of Aberdeen SD today at about 1:30 p.m. and I met a black Venture pulling a trailer headed west on U.S. Hwy 12. There isnt many ventures around here, and I thought I knew most all of them. Just wondering if it was anybody from this site. The trailer was a car top box mounted to trailer, and it looked pretty nice. I gave a good wave from my pickup truck but I doubt they saw me (split lane road).
  16. We have a trip to St. George coming up end of next week and I decided I was going to have to take the trailer with. I've had the Piggybacker for a few years and used it on occasion but always thought it looked too plain, so.....thought I'd make it fit the bike: http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr70/utadventure/Piggybacker/SANY0014.jpg
  17. Got the bike running like it should, I couldnt believe how quick it settled down to a nice idle. But now I need a rear master brake cylinder, this one is leaking and I cant get it to pump enough pressure to get any pedal to the rear brake at all. So, if anyone has one laying around for a 83 1st. gen.......shoot me a price...........I looked on fleabay, but they want way too much, and I cant wait for an auction to end. I wanna get the beast back together and ride, I forgot what it like to ride a big old bike like the Venture..........
  18. I need to find a new spring for my 89 horn switch, I suspect it is sold as as a switch assembly only. Here is the link to the parts diagram as shown on Boats.net http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/1989/VENTURE%20ROYALE%20-%20XVZ1300DWC/HANDLE%20SWITCH%20LEVER/parts.html I have looked elsewhere, none of the diagrams illustrate a horn switch part number, and if they do, I can not figure it out. Anyone .....
  19. I believe my CMS (computer monitoring system?) is damaged. Has anyone attempted a repair of the board or logic chips? I have an '89 VR and have had it for 3 years. It had a sealed battery when I got it and I know about the "resistor Mod" for the "Battery Level Warning". When I read about the Mod--I looked at my bike and saw that the probe was removed and wired into the fuse box. Mod done--right? I have recently addressed the issue of a weak charging system and shortly after solving that issue--my Battery Warning came on. I looked closer at the probe Mod and realized there was no resistor installed! I immediately installed one--then another---then a 100K "pot" in an attempt to satisfy the CMS. With the pot--I was able to try voltages as low as 2.2V with no success. I traced the rest of the circuit to the connector at the board, but all was good. I took the CMS apart looking for any obvious damage (blown caps--etc.), but all looks perfect. Despite this, I believe something within the CMS must have been damaged. I decided to unplug the red "LED" until I can fix it properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated--Shawn
  20. I recently had my carbs apart on my 83 VR to replace the rubber plugs, gas mileage was horrible. I was looking at the main jets and they have 125 marked on them. Just for fun I looked at a parts diagram on line and it said the main should be 117.5. Which one is right? My bike has stock exhaust and intake with no modifications. When I got the bike a few years ago from the original owner he said the carbs had never been worked on. I have no reason to doubt him since it had the original screws that still looked new. Several of them were tamper resistant kind. So I can assume it came with 125 mains. Should I try the 117.5 or stay with the 125?
  21. I liked it. But OTD price was 26k for the 4 door. Intellichoice rates the 5 year cost as as excellent. Any opinions out there. I know there are TDI forums and I ve looked at those but that's. Like coming here asking about Ventures. Anyone been down this road and bought something else? Thanks RSTDdog
  22. When i was shopping for this RSTD, met a guy that had his bike lowered and inch. AND had his seat lowered an inch. It was a stock seat. Looked just as thick as the oem. Looked like an OEM seat. So, my question is: Is there an easy way to lower the seat about an inch? I'm getting the seat redone. Probably a Butler seat since he lives about 10 miles from me.
  23. I went to Fin, Fur and feather yesterday to get a couple new rods and reels to replace our older rods we use for crappie fishing. I guess I should have looked at the prices - 3 reels, 2 rods and tax = $298.00 OUCH ! I had a little cash left so I went upstairs to look at the Kimbers knowing they wouldn't have anything that would fit like my Glock. First I looked at and held the Solo, I know it's not fair but it reminded me of the KelTec I have. Then I asked what other options were available in 9MM. The clerk brought out an Ultra CDP 11, that's when it happened - I was totally smitten I started breathing heavy, broke out in a light sweat and when I could talk again I asked if he had one in a box. No was his response and he just stood there - After a short (very short) awkward moment, I told him to put it in a box before somebody else saw it. :mo money: In line at the cash register a guy looked at me and said - your first Kimber ? I replied yes and he his offered congratulations saying "you'll like it " Bottom line - Don't go to a well stocked sporting goods store without your wife !
  24. Mine is cracked and rattles. I could probably remove it but I would like have one if someone has one for sale. I looked but couldn't find a part number for it. Thanks! Ray
  25. I needed a new battery so I priced them everywhere, the only place that could beat them was a Scooter Shop here in Newnan. He does sell motorcycles, but thats another story. I went in to pick up my new battery and starting looking around his shop and saw a rear box on an upper shelf. It looked exactly like what I wanted for my V Star, it sorta matches the lines of my bags and the bike, so I looked at it, it is of fair size made, of abs as are most body parts these days, has a radio antenna built into it, not that I will use it, locking lid. He saw I was interested so he said make him an offer on it, he had two in stock and they had been there for a couple of years, they were rather dusty. He then said they normally retailed for $80.00, If he would have told me that before I looked at it, I wouldnt have looked because at that price it had to be junk, so I offered him $35.00, he countered $40.00. So I now have a new rear box to mount, but nothing to mount it too, I need to get a luggage rack to mount it too, or have one made up. Wish me luck.