Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. My Internet access was out for 6 whole hours!!!
  2. In the Ohio restaurant forum??? Yamamama & Freebird the only members with access? It tells me I may not, may not, may not. Last entry was April 18, 2010.
  3. I have been reading several threads on exhaust poping on deceleration. I have had the problem since I bought the bike over two years ago. It seems to have gotten worse over the last few months, so I think I've decided to try to fix it once and for all. I have already run a can of Seafoam through the carbs over the last 2 tanks of gas. This has usually helped but never eliminated all the poping. This time it didn't seem to do much at all. I have checked for exhaust leaks and found none. I have done a carb sync with no change. My next step based on my reading is to clean/adjust the Pilot Jets. I have found several threads explaining in detail the proceedure. I am confident I can do the job except for one thing. I have a 96 RSTD and the carbs are different from the ones discribed for newer Ventures and RSTDs. The adjustment doen't look like it's accessable from the outside of the float bowl. I don't see anywhere there is a "brass cap" to remove to gain access for the adjustment. In the thread it says I should find it next to or near the float drain. I don't seem to see anything. At the YamahaPartsHouse.com site there is a parts breakdown that shows the difference when you look at a 96 compared to an 07 carb. The carbs on the 96 through 2000 look to be the same. Can someone help me with the proceedure and or location of the access.
  4. Any suggestion as to why my desk top pc won't access my sd card. My laptop can access the same SD card?
  5. I just bought an 88 Venture,it was a basket case electrically,I have almost everything working now,but I gat an E6 on the air ride screen,any suggestions on where to start looking for the problem.I have removed the rear luggage rack and have ready access to the air componets,any help would be greatly appreciated,also you guys have a great forum here,glad to be a part of it.
  6. I just got off the phone with a person having an East Indian accent claiming to be from Internet Canada. They claimed that my computer may be passing and receiving Malware and wanted access to my PC to fix this. I obviously declined, and then googled the number. It appears this number 760-705-8888 has also been related to other scams such as wanting your hydro info etc. They were very persistant and they even asked me go into my computer mangement folder so I could see the errors for myself. Fortunatly I am fully aware that this file will from time to time show errors and warnings, but for someone who is not it makes the whole thing sound very legit. At which piont they offer to correct this, you need only to give them access to your PC. Needless to say I declined and strongly suggested they go fly a kite. I also found this interesting link when I googled the number http://tragicswake.com/2011/03/phone-scam-warning-760-705-8888/
  7. -Good morning to all, I need the measurements of all the brake hoses for a 1984 VR? There is a manufacturer That is on E-BAY today but I need to give them the information so they can build me a set in stainless steel. I also need the clutch hose length. Thanks for the help I know is coming as always. Just want to say that I am overwhelmed when I think of all the knowledge that I have access to because of all the good work running this site.
  8. Hi all, We have just purchased a 1988 Venture. We are without a workshop manual at the moment. A couple of the light bulbs on the rear of the trunk are burned out. Can someone tell me please how to access them? Further am I correct that a Haynes type manual was never published? Thanks, Trevor & Janet Casa Grande, AZ
  9. I have just added another prize to the Vogel Raffles. On the way is a Tom Tom XXL 530 Gps. [ATTACH]59231[/ATTACH] Warranty: 1 Year TomTom Condition: New Features: Extra-wide 5.0” color touchscreen control 2GB flash memory preloaded with maps of the US and Canada 3 million preloaded points of interest – easily find gas stations, restaurants, hotels and more along your route. Customize by adding your own points of interest EasyPort suction-cup windshield mount folds away for convenient storage and transport between vehicles Text-to-speech voice prompts announce actual street names at turns IQ Routes technology, used to plan the best possible route taking into account the real average speeds measured on the roads With MapShare you can correct errors on your map and share those corrections with other people in the TomTom MapShare community as well as receive corrections made by others TomTom HOME desktop software has everything you need to keep your TomTom device up to date - get new software, download new maps, access free content from the TomTom community and subscribe to services “Help Me!” Emergency Menu allows easy access to local emergency providers such as police, fire stations and hospitals Compatible with RDS traffic-info service (additional receiver and subscription required) available in most major urban areas
  10. I need the rubber "cap" or flap or cover that goes over the clutch bleeder access hole on my 84. Anyone got one?
  11. Ok front forks have been slid up an inch and looks like I just got lowering links and the caliper bracket handled. So the other piece to the puzzle is a shortened side stand. When I did this to my Vmax I had access to a welder and did it myself. No access this time and bike jack wont fit Venture. So I was hoping to buy one, anyone providing this service? Thanks Frank Edit: Looks like some Royal Star bikes had a shorter stand. 2006-? a source for one of these would work too if anyone can confirm. Ebay was a bust.
  12. I successfuly replaced the hot water heater after 3 trips to the hardware store, aqnd while In was at it I routed a Cat5e cable to the blue ray player in the bedroom so I can have internet access to the player. Managed to fall on the ice and bumped my thick skull. Now my back hurts and my neck too!! I need a new desktop computer, I renewed my anti virus, downloaded the software and it quit in the middle of installing and now it won't access the internet! Oh well, the darn thing is about 8 years old or so, and waaaaay obsolete. BJ's has a $50 off sale on a HP and I have a credit card with Zero interest until next Feb. My electric razor broke yesterday but I found another one on Fleabay for around $40 new so I'm happy. Been sort of a mix of good/bad the last couple of days...
  13. I paid the subscription fee. Checked my paypal to ensure it cleared. However it still is counting down my "trial access period" and providing the subscribe link Is this normal??
  14. How do you get books for a E-Reader? I usually visit all the 2nd hand shops for my books don't want to pay what they cost new. I now have a E-Reader. Kind of fancy. Yeah I'm cheap. Free access some where??
  15. I'm trying to take out my headlight bulb to replace it but I can't figure how to reach it. I've read the manual, read some of the posts and am still confused. Do you reach it from the front side or the back side? The front headlight assembly has one screw at the bottom. If you remove this does it allow you to slide out the headlight assembly and access to the bulb or do you try to reach in from the back amidst the maize of wires and try to access it from there? Thank you for your help in advance. Chris
  16. Hi, Has anyone used one of these vacuum storage bags (or similar) for wintering a Venture? I have lost access to my usual winter storage, so am having to get creative. Thanks, Brian H.
  17. I have a nearly new E-Bay found Progerssive rear shock and spring assembly ready for installation in my 86 Royale. Does anyone have access to a copy of the original paperwork that would have been included with the shock when new?
  18. This is the first time I have received this type of E-mail... Hello! I'm sorry I didn't inform you about my traveling... am presently in Wales, United Kingdom on short vacation and as i write to you now.. its unbelievable am stuck here,got mugged at gun point on my way to the hotel and my money,credit cards,phone and other valuable things were taken off me at gun point, thanking Almighty God for save keeping my passport., i really need your urgent assistance quickly ? I JUST NEED SOME FEW HUNDREDS $$$ TO SORT OUT MY HOTEL BILLS AND i promise to refund it back to you once i get home cause i still have some cash in my account but i cant access any here right now ,already cancelled all my cards immediately after the muggers took my things off me!!! still at the public Internet library where am making use of the free Internet access, i will forever be grateful if you can help me,Waiting to hear from you quickly cos my flight leaves in few hrs but need to sort the hotel bills and please save me from been embarrassed. Thanks. Peter and my response was.... I'm sorry, you must have me confused with someone you think gives a $#@* about your problems.
  19. What brand of clear paint have you used to seal the shine after polishing the engine pieces. I have the heads ready to seal but figured I'd ask here to see what kind of luck the rest of you have had after painting them to keep their shine. I have done the side cases a while ago but never painted them. I have kept them shiny being that their easy to access. But the heads are harder to access so its paint time if any of you have had good luck doing it and it lasts.
  20. I was wondering about MiFi and how many folks here can get up to the 5-gig limit per month? I am thinking of getting a couple of small Dell 10's Mini's and having MiFi instead of having cards put into each unit. that way there is only one fee. and up to 5 Units can access it. I would also purchase one with-out a contract so I could turn it on and off for the months not really using it as well. Kinda of a nifty little device. Any comments about this kind of set-up would be great! Thanks, Jeff
  21. There like motorcycle batteries only smaller. They are marked 12 V 0.4 Amps. What would you use them for? I have access to about 15 of them. I'm sure they are worth something to somebody, But, who would need them?
  22. Have the back wheel off my 05 RSTD. Want to lube the drive shaft ends. Is there an access plug/hole at the u-joint to help get the drive shaft back in place? Do I have to retract the rubber boot? Would like to know before getting a lifetime sentence trying to put it back together. Thanks, Jack
  23. Well got everything done on the bike. Now all I have to do is pack the clothes and we will be ready. We are really excited about the ride and can hardly wait to get going. I have created a blog space for this trip for anyone that would like to follow along. When we can we will be updating it in the evenings when we have internet access. We will provide commentary about what we saw and the people we met. We will also include pics. The blog site is www.pirateriders.blogspot.com We hope you will join us on our trip.
  24. Here is an Ebay item that I am planning on bidding on http://desc.shop.ebay.com/items/__Yamaha-Venture?LH_TitleDesc=1&_nkw=%22Yamaha%20Venture%22&_trkparms=66%253A2%257C65%253A1%257C39%253A1&_dmpt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&_sop=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_pgn=2#item360141365917 This is a binder with the Ventureline accessories in it. I was thinking I would get it and scan all the information in it to a set of PDF files and post them here in the forum for everyone to be able to access so they can use for their needs. Let me know if you think it is a good idea or not. Thanks Rick F.
  25. kenw

storage

I have a question that although it is not bike related i know someone out there can come up with the answer. While going thru Wisconsin for Thanksgiving I passed by a shop selling storage sheds. They had one that looked like a log cabin, but seemed to be out of plastice or ? It had r roll up door for access. I didn't get the manufacture and cannot find it on the web. Does anyone know who might build one, it would look great in the woods behind the house! Thanks