Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. I just had a thought... I know..I know.. about putting together a list of features, or subtle differences, between all years of the 1stGens. Maybe a good idea...maybe not, but outside of colors which are listed in Venture History it might be fun to put together something. So I'll start, chime in if you can think of anything that first appeared in that year and I'll add it to the list. If I don't get any response I'll figure it was a bad idea and pick up my marbles and go away.... 1983 1. TCI is unique 2. vacuum advance comes off carb. 3. Dash is unique 4. Front brake and Gear shifter are adjustable 5. Hydralic anti-dive 1984 1. TCI changed 2. vacuum advance comes off manafold. 3. Choke set rotates in front of LH Grip 4. Cruise Control 5. Dimmer knob, gear position, stop watch added to Dash 6. 1985 1. Larger removable trunk.. unique 2. V-Max tranny after #1417 3 Choke set back to slider 1986 1. 1300 engine 2. Larger saddle bags 3. Larger trunk 4. Choke setting back to slider under horn button 5. larger 4 piston calipers and rotors 6. Wider passenger seat 7. Headlight changed in 86 to include different headlight bucket, top frame that mounts dash, adjustment mech, left side upper frame and headlight ring 8. passenger foot boards added 9. Muffler mount spacer larger 10. OEM CB added 11. chin scoop out of ABS 12. Engine guards redesigned to take new scoop 13. Windshield chrome strip changed to one piece 14. wider fork mount for 100mm calipers 15. Front brake and gear shifter non-adjustable. 16. clutch springs, pressure plate changed. 17. extra bleeder valve for left front brake near ignition switch. 18. Cruise Control lights on ignition switch cover. 19. Electrical anti-dive. 20. Longer drive shaft and modified final. 1987 1988 1. Standard XVZ1300 Discontinued 1989 1990 1. front fork boots attach a at the bottom. 2. TCI changed 1991 1992 1993 1994 1. European only
  2. I started working to modify my 2006 RSTD to make it more comfy for my wife and to add a little more storage space for long trips. It is a work in progress but so far I've added a Venture trunk mount with grab bars, a third party Harley tour pack and a genuine Harley passenger backrest. I also found a vintage Harley trunk trim piece that I bought on a whim, for little of nothing but it worked out pretty good I think. I also added Harley hooded trim rings to my passing lamps. I've added a nice and loud Steibel air horn that has gotten folk's atttention on more than one occasion. I plan to add some lights to the trunk mount and get the trunk painted to match the bike. Once that's done I plan to start on a batwing fairing. The jury is still out on which one to go with, but I'm kind of a penny pincher and am considering the Stealth at USA trailers. I also added some Road King pipes that sound really sweet! I've got less than $100 in the slip ons, clamps and fabricated nount! Anyway, I thought that I would share my project with you guys and if any of you have suggestions on the fairing, feel free to send them along! PS. Please excuse my shop! I know it's a mess, but it is warm and dry!
  3. Hi All, I was perusing on fleabay and found a couple pairs of RSV passenger grab bars. I have an 06 RSTD. Are these something that are easily added to the RSDT if I don't have an RSV trunk? Thanks in advance Dave
  4. Charlene and I just arrived home from a great visit to St. Jude. We didnt have a really big turnout, I think the weather hurt our attendance. We had as many NARR members as we did Ventureriders. We had 6 bikes and 4 vehicles. Our donation was a total of $4,220.00. Again each group had almost equal donations. Many thanks to the members of the North Alabama Road Riders for joining with us in our fundraising for the kids at St. Jude. As an added note we were shown a new video produced and filmed at St. Jude, its very moving and really shows the family spirit at St. Jude. K Bran has it posted in the watering hole. http://www.venturerider.org/modules/Jig/index.php
  5. Seattle !!!! 80 days and 80 nights, """ AND NO RAIN """ in Seattle !!!!!!! ( well it drizzled one night, about 1/10th of 1/10th of an inch ) Maby this is a " Sign " from " On High " !!! something, is, ( or must be ) going to happen !!!!! Hmmmmm ??? what could it be ???? :whistling: Added, comment: --- As a result of this situation, I have been forced to " go rideing " Every Day !!!!!!
  6. Hi folks.. I'm looking for some thoughts, ideas and input on some projects I am thinking about doing over the winter. Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated. This is to my 2004 RSV: First project - Lower the front Does anyone have any experience with the Barons Performance front fork lowering kit vs just the spacers being added to the forks. What are the differences in handling? Does anyone recommend the Performance lowering kit or not? Second project - Handlebar replacement and braided cables. Will be giving Buckeye's (I thank that was who is recommended here in the forums) a call to get all the parts. Looking to replace the stock handle bar with the Flanders one with more pull back. I am thinking of adding heated grips at that time and am wondering if anyone has added heated grips.. if so, what was used? I like the stock grips as my hands are on the smaller side. I have used the ISO grips on previous bikes but do not like them due to their larger diameter size. Has anyone used or added heating elements to the stock grips? How do you like them? I am also looking at the Avon brand heated grips. Not sure yet what their diameter is vs the stock grips. I figure while I have everything apart to lower the front, I might as well do the handlebars and cables at the same time. Thanks for all the input... I don't always post a lot but love to read the articles and this site has been a constant source of help when needed.
  7. I just added trunk and saddlebag molding with LED lights to the Wing. I hope they can see me now. Dennis
  8. Had to repost my ad for the 84 because the last sale fell through the cracks.Actually added pictures this time.Sometimes I amaze myself.
  9. been working on this for a couple of weeks..........i added gauges where the cassette was...still kept the mp3 jack...........just did a test run....wadda ya think.......
  10. I was adding some acessories and needed to move some wires around near the battery, when this one broke off. The wire comes from the accessory side of the OEM fuse box and goes into what looks like and EOM retangular male/female plug and the single wire is white with a red stripe. The broken piece fell down and I've not been able to get it out yet. The wire from the Accessory side of the fuse box to the connector was spliced and a couple of what looked like a 2 inline resistors were added. the thin wire that connected the two inline resistor broke. The added resistor could not be OEM for it was crimped on. Anyone have any ideas as to why these 2 Resistors were added. And then maybe I don't need it?
  11. I big trike with (I presume) small block chevy engine. And 'surprise' the city has added some motorcycle parking.
  12. HI, I'm looking to get back to riding after a several year hiatus. I'm looking at a 99 Venture, and wanted to ask if I could impose on the great members here to tell me if it sounds like a reasonable deal? It's a 99, wine red over silver, from the original owner. It's got 31K miles. It's got passing lamps, saddle bag rails, luggage rack, turn down pipes, the Harley lights added to the back brake lights, the original seats but an added riders backrest. All the electronics work, including the intercom system. The only two things I know about being wrong are the left wind deflector has a crack, and there is a small leak from the clutch cylinder that appears to be from around the O-ring. The tires and brakes were apparently put on new about 4K miles ago. I'm going to try to attach a couple of pics, I hope I do this right. Can anyone suggest anything I should check on or make sure of with a 99 RSV? Would this bike for $6000 be a reasonable deal?
  13. Well I think it is time to come out and confess that I am addicted to relays. It all started about 6 years ago when I added just one relay to my light bar, and then Carbon_One said to try just one more a couple years after that, at first I said NO way. and then I broke down and added the 2nd one. Then after that like two years ago Midlife , Dingy and Carbon_One told me to do two relays at once. then I knew I was hooked. This was one of the threads http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=45750&highlight=Cougar The past couple of days Carbon_One has been helping me try this and that with a couple relays and the rest was history. he really knows his stuff and can get you really hooked. so just be careful of him if you should need any kind of help. he will just get you more addicted. JUST SAY NO! I now have to confess that I was telling folks that I now have 6 Relays under the front fairing but I lied and did not say anything about the 2 others that I have as well. one is under the seat for the aux tank and the other is under the right side cover for the horn relay. I felt to guilty to even post pictures of them. here are the one's under the fairing and will make a plate next winter to hang them from. I really feel better now that I have this off my chest. and will be getting some sort of help in the near future for this problem. I know it will be a long road ahead of me but with the help of this group I know I can do it. There is now a total of (EIGHT) personal relays on my Bike. not even counting to OEM one's thanks for listening. Jeff [ATTACH]66030[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]66031[/ATTACH]
  14. I have been thinking that turn signals could be added to the stock Gen 1 mirrors. Has anyone seen this or tried it?
  15. http://www.news-herald.com/articles/2011/10/06/news/doc4e8cb6e0b9627514187801.txt A coworker can be added to the list if anyone can put him in your thoughts he seems like he will survive but I am sure he will not be living his life the same way.
  16. I just added the area attractions http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63431
  17. I dont post often, but its not because I'm shy... I just haven't had the ability to get on the net very often, until just recently that is. Now I log on daily from here and make more plans to upgrade my "finished VR" Right now at home there are several boxes with more parts.... Someone told me a while ago that I would never "finish my ride" They don't know how right they were. Almost everything done to this ride, i got the idea or the information I needed from this forum. Brief history of my 1986 Venture Royale I purchased this from a younger kid in 2000. The bike had 36,000 miles on it and ran fine but was beat up from being dropped and abused. Since then I have completely stripped it down to the frame, set valves, replaced and rebuilt the carbs, polished and cleaned and painted the engine parts. Replaced Chrome Removed the fuel tank and had it lined. replaced tires and brakes, rebuilt the master cylinders. Repaired various wiring cass system, and re soldered the computer in the dash. Added Jardine pipes. Added a gel battery. Replaced a lot of the plastic and repaired the rest. Repainted it in its current colors. I thought I was done.... I am gone a lot and this took several years to complete. Then I started reading here. Now sitting at home are the parts to upgrade the fuse box, progressive springs for the forks along with the upgrade fork brace. I purchased a new aftermarket CDI to install. I plan to upgrade the starter and cables. I am sure there is more I will find to do. Someday I may even get the chance to ride this thing. I think in the last two years it has about 18 miles put on it. Anyway, the reason for this post. THANK YOU! to everyone that helped even though you didn't realize it most of the time.!!! rjjammer
  18. just added this sorry http://social.entertainment.msn.com/music/blogs/headbang-blog.aspx?feat=100db566-01e7-4dfd-9a46-4a744a92c4eb anounced today!!! 11-11-11
  19. Just came home with a 2011 Blue RSV. Still trying to get used to everything. It is not as friendly as my wing was but will be a great ride. I am just having the riding lights added for now. What do most people do to light up that back end of the bike? My wing was loaded with lights on the back.
  20. Check it out. http://www.1jesussaves.com I am currently working on all the horses in my stable. The 83 is about to get trimmed down a little and treated to a Flat Black paint job. the 88 is about to be finished (I hope) I am so ready to ride it. I have added a new little filly, a 2008 XV250. lots of fun to ride; but it just aint a Venture. it does get 65-70 MPG.
  21. To do some riding, as long as the weather man co-operates. Did a lot of greasing, changed the tires, and added a few things. Brooke and I got out for a nice little ride, Brad
  22. Thnking of adding the sportech fairing to my RSTD. For those that have added one to a RSTD I have some questions. 1) Is there any noticeable difference in wind protection at interstate speeds, 70+ mph. 2) After going through the effort and expense would you recommend it or just look for another mc like the RSV. 3) I like the looks of the sporttech, but like most they only have a mounting bracket for the Roadstar. Will the roadstar bracket work with the RSTD? And in general, those that have done it the pros and cons, tks.
  23. Well, I decided it has been over a year since my last mid-life crisis, so I had better get on it. I haven't had a nice vehicle (other than motorcycles) for myself in MANY years. The wife always seems to get the new car and I get the hand me down. So I decided my F-250 was burning too much diesel at $4.00 a gallon. Although this car doesn't get a ton more mileage, it does get a little more and the gas is cheaper. It's a 2006 Ford Mustang with 38,000 miles. Just the standard v6 model but a good compromise between the look I wanted and the better gas mileage I wanted. Looks brand new inside and out. I added window tint and a new radio so far...but this thing is like when you start adding to our bikes...there just isn't any end in sight to the accessories I could add. Some things in the future that might be added: hood scoop, window louvers, rims, chin and rear spoilers...It's a fun car. I don't drive it hard (never been a speed demon) but it can get up and go when needed. I'm a happy boy with a new toy!
  24. I know some people to be added to the "Users List". Drupal Misery. Dave
  25. Here are a few pic's of the new trailer. Have not taken her down the road yet, as I need to license it and install a hitch on the RSV(coming soon). Adjustments are, added 25" to the tonge, flipped the axle over and raised the fenders, added tie down anchors, and built a tonge stand. Now, what ALL do I need for my RSV,too wire it properly to the flat 4-wire harness on the trailer. Is some type of wire converter all I need? After reading through a few posts, I'm a little confused (my life story). Thanks to all that have built a trailer and passed great tips/knowledge on to us. Happy Easter! Byron