Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Just wanted to check if all of you have received your patches. I think that the only people who may not have received them are wkboard and maybe seabeetom. Those should be there soon. If you have paid and not received yours, please let me know. I have a LOT of patches still and also still have some VR Guardian Bells if anybody wants some. Don
  2. I've had two people ask me about the availability of the domed decals here: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/venturerider-merchandise/39088-venturerider-domed-decals.html I don not have any at this time. They are not cheap and I have to order a minimum number of them to get the best price. I have not ordered any because if there is no demand, I will end up sitting on the investment for a long time. So is there any interest? If so, I'll start taking orders and get them on the way but otherwise, will wait a while longer. Don
  3. My wife got me the venturerider guardian bell and it came today. Very nice, thank you Don.
  4. When you put your bikes (trikes) up for the "winter" do you do anything special? Cover your tail pipes? Don put the trike in his shop but didn't do much else yet. He has been riding it some, but not for the last couple of weeks. Well...yesterday, the grandkids were here and playing in the shop with their hot wheel cars (they KNOW not to play near the bike). Caiden says to Grampa: Grampa, did you know there are nuts in your tailpipe? Grampa: HUH??? So we all go over to the trike, bend over and look...there are a handful of acorns stuffed in the tailpipes. ???? Well alrighty, something is loose in the shop and is storing food for winter. Houston, we have a problem! Don gets his shop vac out, gets the nuts out...hopefully end of problem. NOPE!! Daughter-in-law Kandi goes hunting last night, kills a deer, brings it over to the shop for Don and Daniel (our son, Kandi's husband) to process today... Don and Daniel go to the shop, start working on the deer, and Don decides to have a look at the pipes on the bike...????? There is something in there again...DEER MEAT!! chunks of deer meat! Whatever is out there...definitely thinks there is going to be a long winter...well let me tell you something! The winter is not going to be long enough for this critter. Traps are set! Will keep you posted!
  5. Thank You for allthe Birthday Wishes Im still pist off with "Don" .............L.M.A.O
  6. http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g415/steamernaused/International%202012/DSC04861.jpg
  7. b2dad

Do you...

Do you trust your GPS? When you are on UNFAMILIAR roads...do you trust the directions your GPS gives you? Ours has been wrong a time or two...and yesterday, coming thru Louisville, KY, we detoured for lunch...and when we left the restaurant, the GPS was not taking us back the way we came...so I tried to redirect Don back and got CONFUSED due to the fact that a couple different highways intersect in Louisville... Anyway...we lost 1 hr driving time, got held up due to an accident on the hwy...and should have trusted the dang GPS the first time. oh well...live and learn I guess. BTW: Don has a Zumo 660
  8. Well I promised pictures of my new ride. Turns out waiting for the color I wanted I got a 2013 instead. They just released them last week. The only difference is that Victory is trying to come out from the Polaris shadow now and have redesigned the logo. I think the logo is better and very nice. I will be hanging around here and leave my info on the assistance page. This is a great site with great people and I appreciate all the help I have gotten either by asking or just researching all the great information here. Hats of to Don for keeping it so great!! Oh and it hasn't rained here in Michigan in over a month and I was saying it was because I haven't had a bike. Well guess what, I got rained on while riding home! Go figure. The drought will now cease.
  9. Happy Birthday Mike. Not sure why your birthday is not listed today, but hope you have a wonderful birthday. Hope you get to take it easy, maybe go for a ride, rest up (you have ALOT of candles to blow out!!) Don says you are definitely getting older! So you better start taking it easy. You know, take naps...frequently...lol. Have a good day Patti and Don :Happy Birthday::beer:
  10. Few pictures of the pre-festivities kickoff. 1st pic - Rose (Ms Dano) Dano 2nd Pic Taz RandyR 3rd pic Dingy 4th pic - Eileen (Ms Don) Don (Freebird) Taz AtlantaDragonRider (Bob Graham) was with us, but missed him in pics.
  11. It's called Black Death for a reason. The pond Monsters are an urban Legend/Myth A packed umbrella would have been more usefull than the packed harpoon Beware of long heart tugging stories told by Skydoc There was no Strippers tent at MD in spite of what Starbog says. Always take your cold weather gear to MD no matter how hot it was last year and it is held in June. Bring more money next time to Skydoc's table It's great to find a new audience for my old jokes. It's a small world, found new friends who live in Ohio that met and married a mile from my house in Atlanta It was not neccessary to compromise my morals by stealing that roll of toilet paper from the motel the night before after Don posted to bring your own. They had plenty. Beware of Starbog's five dollar footlong. It was not a winner (in my case) Pink is a manly color. Never walk on site with an unopened Dairy Queen sack containing a Butterfinger Blizzard especially if Big Tom is around. If RandyR predicts that we are about to ride into the storm of the century with 70mph wind 3" rain per hour and 2" hail, disregard there is only smooth sailing ahead. Yamma Mama and Moped are just as I imagined them to be over the past few years, and that's a good thing. This event is attended only by old and new friends. Don and Eileen are super people and the most gracious and generous host. But everyone that has ever been to a MD already knew that. Don, Thanks for the good times and great memories I had a great time. It was well worth the long ride and price of admission. I forgot there was no admission price, or was there????????.... Do I owe you any money???????....... Do you take paypal????? Love you man, mean it
  12. Yamaha passing lights... where in Elyria/Oberlin can I get a 7616 bulb on Saturday ? One of my bulbs went on the way down. Don
  13. So. I added Oberlin,OH to my weather map saved locations this morning in anticipation of MD. it came up with 34F for today. Is Don going to offer electric oil heaters to the campers? Ice fishing on the pond?
  14. Happy Birthday Larry. Hope you don't have to spend your special day "digging out". Eat a piece of cake for Don. Have a great day and hope you have many many more birthdays! Can't wait til we all go riding again. Patti and Don
  15. happy new year to one & all. yes i know it's a little early still have about 17 hours till midnight. but you know how it is when you work the graveyard shift. just a little wish to all for a better new year, and that ya'll have good health. best reguards to all, till we meet again. don c.
  16. well bobbie it's that time of year to say:Happy Birthday::Happy Birthday::Happy Birthday: hope your day is great and george grants your every wish. best reguards don c.
  17. The Man Rules At last a guy has taken the time to write this all down Finally , the guys ' side of the story . ( I must admit, it ' s pretty good.) We always hear " the rules" From the female side..... Now here are the rules from the male side. These are our rules! Please note.. these are all numbered "1 " ON PURPOSE! 1.. Men are NOT mind readers. (FIRST & FOREMOST RULE) 1.. Learn to work the toilet seat. You ' re a big girl. If it ' s up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down.. You don ' t hear us complaining about you leaving it down. 1. Sunday sports, It ' s like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be. 1. Crying is blackmail. 1. Ask for what you want.. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it! 1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question. 1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That ' s what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for. 1.Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become Null and void after 7 Days. 1.. If you think you ' re fat, you probably are. Don ' t ask us.. 1.. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one 1. You can either ask us to do something Or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it , just do it yourself. 1. Whenever possible, Please say whatever you have to say during commercials.. 1. Christopher Columbus did NOT need directions and neither do we. 1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not A color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is. 1.If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that. 1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," We will act like nothing ' s wrong.. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.. 1. If you ask a question you don ' t want an answer to, Expect an answer you don ' t want to hear. 1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine.... Really .. 1. Don ' t ask us what we ' re thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as Football or Hockey. 1.You have enough clothes. 1.You have too many shoes. 1. I am in shape. Round IS a shape! 1. Thank you for reading this. Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight; But did you know men really don ' t mind that? It ' s kind of like camping.
  18. Patti and I wish you a very happy birthday! Hope you have a great day. Don
  19. Finally got to use my Morgan CarbTune today, with the help of Rick Haywood and Dyno Don. Thanks Fellas
  20. T.J.

Jury Duty

I was called in for jury selection. I never was picked so I didn't have to serve but I stayed for the court action. It had to do with self defence. Who was right and who was wrong. They will finish up on Monday. I met a man from Royal Oak Mi. and some how we got to talking about motorcycles. Imagen that. :whistling:Anyway he rides a 07 Venture. I told him about this sight and said he would check it out. He will probably check in as DD. Keep an eye out for him Don. His name is Don also. Nice guy and does alot of riding. Everyone have agreat weekend if ya want to. Suppose to rain for us, so won't be doing to much riding.
  21. Well I received my F4 +2 and VERY satisfied with looks and function.One problem was as I was installing,VERY CAREFULLY,I noticed a very very small scratch just above the vent. I could not see it at all from the riders seat but off the bike and looking thru towards the sun I could see it. Well I immediadely called F4 and talked to Don. Without ANY questions he said please let me send another one immediately,I said no let me ride it first and see if it bothers me so he said OK BUT I want to discount it to you if you keep it. Well I never could see the scratch riding it so my mind started playing tricks on me and I started worrying about it and called to get him to send another.No questions asked he is sending another and paying the freight. Luckily I have a friend that rides a GL1800 and he called Don at F4 to see if he could just buy mine instead of me sending it back to F4 so Don at F4 made him a great deal on it and all has worked out great...Purpose of this is to give Kudos to a well run company with GREAT customer service.
  22. Happy Birthday to my wonderful wife. I was told to say that I love you more then my Trike. OK. Have a great day. LOVE YOU :Happy Birthday: Don
  23. Didn't catch your name at the light. Just wanted to say on here. Don
  24. We went for a ride earlier today to meet our son and family for lunch. Decided to take the trike...mistake? About 30 minutes into the ride, I feel something hit my shoulder...a rock? a bug? Whatever it was, it really hurt...I reached up to rub my shoulder and THWACK! hit again! on my finger...then another finger started stinging..OMG!! STINGING!!! A BEE WAS CAUGHT IN MY SHIRT STINGING THE CRAP OUT OF ME!! I am now screaming bloody murder, twisting in the seat, begging Don to pull over, tearing at my shirt to get the bee out...all I can say is...KODAK MOMENT MISSED!!! finally got pulled over (according to Don, you can't just pull over anywhere) and surveyed the damage. Good thing I am not allergic to the dang things but boy did it hurt! Had some swelling but was basically ok. Made it to lunch and then home. What a wonderful Father's Day Don is having...LOLOL
  25. Don, the wife, daughter, and myself, want to thank you and your wonderfull wife, along with all of the other fine folks, that made our visit to your home on m/d this year a wonderfull time and great trip. we will certainly return again next year to meet more fine folks and make more new friends and eat some more of the best ice cream we have ever had. you can also plan on another set of diamond cut fins to give away, as our way of saying thanks!! this years fins winner Kim Woodworth of OAK Hill Va. was shipped out this afternoon. anybody wanna guess who's bike these black fins came from?? thanx again Don, you guys rock:bighug: Mike/Cherie/Teresa