Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Quit smoking two weeks ago....This is my 3rd attempt at this...first time I quit for 10 months...2nd time for 6 months..GOT TO MAKE IT STICK THIS TIME.......I'm doing good so far, I mean, I haven't killed anyone and the urge to do so is nearly gone......LOL:fnd_(16):
  2. So, even though I'm still shopping I'm also getting ready for as soon as I find my new RSV. I've been reading the owner's manual, (not really something I normally do, but I'm rather excited about the Venture) and came across a couple of things I don't understand..... Choke "The time necessary for starter (choke) use depends upon the ambient temperature. Temperatures above 10 °C (50 °F) require about 7 seconds of starter (choke) use and temperatures below 10 °C (50 °F) require about 35 seconds with the starter (choke) turned on, then about 2.5 minutes with the starter (choke) in the halfway position." My last bike was fuel injected, but I wanted to ask if these times are really about right? I know some bikes need more choke than others, some can even start without any choke (I had a RoadStar that almost never needed any choke at all), but these just seem like a lot of time...especially the "35 seconds" of idling at full choke. Is this really about normal? If so, isn't that hard on the engine? Shifting points/speeds Shift up points: 1st → 2nd: 20 km/h (13 mi/h) 2nd → 3rd: 30 km/h (19 mi/h) 3rd → 4th: 40 km/h (25 mi/h) 4th → 5th: 50 km/h (31 mi/h) Shift down points: 5th → 4th: 25 km/h (16 mi/h) 4th → 3rd: 25 km/h (16 mi/h) 3rd → 2nd: 25 km/h (16 mi/h) 2nd → 1st: 25 km/h (16 mi/h) Ok, this one has me REALLY confused. Are these speeds even close to being right? I can't believe that they are, and so I don't really understand why the manual gives them??
  3. I found a Kumho while visiting my Bro in Kissimmee, FL... I had to pay $82 for it but this will be my 3rd Kumho and should be good for 20,000 miles... http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/tires/kumho/size/submitZipCode.do?ar=80&rd=15&cs=165&postalCodeSelected=34747
  4. new 3rd generation maybe?Item number:120886051228 on ebay
  5. I've installed new plugs, synced the carbs. Then on a test drive, the MKII sounded much better, better all around performance also. Then at one back road stop light, when I got the green light I throttled the VR when I shifted from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd, of which I can't recall it backed fired in the shifting process, when I left off the gas. Does the Back Fire indicate I need to make an adjustment?
  6. Has anyone heard if the Full Throttle Saloon tv program on TRUtv is going to have a 3rd season?
  7. Today while making a pass at wide open throttle (Not sure what gear but probably 3rd) I noticed the bike starting to miss or cut out just like I was hitting the rev limiter, but I know I wasn't even getting close. So when I had the chance I tried it again but this time from a dead stop and it did the same thing again in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. A friend following said the pipes were blowing black smoke and we could smell it. Now I normally am a pretty conservative rider so this may have been coming on for a while and I just didn't notice it till now. Even today the bike ran fine other than this WOT thing. It's an '06 (just out of warranty of course) and it's got just under 50,000 miles. It starts and idles fine. I'm thinking possible fuel pump problem but the pipes are really black and sooty so maybe plugs breaking down or some other electrical issue? Any ideas?
  8. Is it supposed to be possible for the trany to go directly from any gear to neutral? This has happened on this bike about twice a year, where while during somewhat aggressive acceleration, I will suddenly find the bike in neutral, no connection between the engine and rear wheel and the neutral light on the dash is illuminated and the "N" is displayed on the gear indicator. I can understand it happening between 1st and 2nd if you short stroke the shifter since you are going thru neutral on the way to second. But I have also had this happen when going from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th. I look down and the gear indicator shows "N", the green light is on. There are never any kind of grinding or other strange noises other than a very high engine rpm due to lack of connection to rear wheel. Is this an indicator of some major trany problems coming down the line in my near future, or just a glitch in the system. I am posting because this happened 3 times on the way in to work today. All three today were going from 2nd to 3rd, no drive connection, "N" showing and green light on. Lifting up on the shifter again, and it went into 3rd like it should have done the first time one time it went to 2nd. I may be short stroking the shifter a little since I am getting used to some new riding shoes that are thinner on top that what I had before. but I still did not think there should be a full and indicated neutral between 2nd and 3rd or 3rd and 4th.
  9. I came across this on a UK website and with a bit of lateral thinking could this be the missing link to a 3rd Generation RSV??????? http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/return-of-the-trx/17434.html Old Miner.
  10. It was almost 60 out there today! So we just had to go for a ride. We went to my Dad's place...about an hour away thru some nice twisties and visited for a short spell. Then on the way home....the temperature dropped like a rock! It was pretty chilly but well worth it. Gotta love it.....3rd week of November and still able to ride! Last year we had snow that stayed on the grouond from late October! But I'm going to have to pull the plug sometime or I'll never get the work they need done!
  11. You should here the Screaming Whine In the FJR in 1st, 2nd 3rd beyond that is the wind noise:rotfl:
  12. I recently purchased an ’03 RSV. I noticed in shifting from 2nd to 3rd there is loss of power, as if, firing only of 3 cylinders. Is this a possible clutch problem, or what? It “takes off great in 1st and 2nd, but on 3rd is lack power. Suggestions appreciated.
  13. I had a little booboo and layed my bike down on the left side. Banged up a little but getting better. Anyway, the insurance payed off and I sold the bike to my brother. He wanted to fix it up. The damage on the bike was mostly cosmetic like windshield and front fairing scratched, left saddle bag cracked etc. The shifter and the footrest did catch a little of the pavement. The bike will run fine in 1st and 2nd, but going into 3rd it cuts out. Could the kick stand switch have anything to do with this. I know the info is a little vague but he would like some ideas before paying a ton of $$$$ to the stealer.
  14. Got her put back togather and threw seat on without sheild,bag sidecovers anything else I didn't need and took her out. That ladyu can DANCE!!! Almost pulled front wheel in 3rd gear and I don't have my nerve back yet. Guess I'll go put her clothes on her. Might take a "little" ride in the morning!! . Missed a couple shifts going into 3rd when I was shifting hard. Went to that false netural. No problem shifting easy?? Still Got a exhaust leak!!! Oh SKID...
  15. Rider magazine V tourer shootout. Kawi Vulcan Voyager 4th place, Vision 3rd place, Venture and Ultra Classic tied for 1st place!
  16. Does anyone know if there is a campground in Marble Falls...im trying to get there on the 3rd ,but i can only stay a day or two?
  17. Heres why I dont think a 3rd Gen will look like a Harley. http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/StockInvestingTrading/is-harley-davidson-over-the-hill.aspx#pageTopAnchor
  18. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDBDkVI0Cn4]YouTube - Human bobsled vs. motorcycle[/ame] I saw this and wonder if it's the prototype for a 3rd Gen? Disadvantage - NO 2UP Advantage - Ignition switch won't go BAD ...right RiderDuke?? MIKE aka Uturn
  19. Has anyone ever been to a bike show where plaques are given for best of show,1st,2nd,and 3rd at a dealership where 1st 2nd and 3rd get gift cards for a certain denomination and best of show gets the same plaque just says best of show and no gift card? Wondering if your thoughts are like mine ( dealer knows the winner and had some differences on the way they do bus. ) I'm thinking the dealer doesn't want the winners bus.
  20. Got back a few days ago with mom and had a great time. The cruise ship was alright but if I do it again it'll be in a camper and at a slower pace. I love that 3rd picture, it's exactly as was seen with no lens modification. Just georgous. Ride safe a God bless. Prayers are with everyone down south in Texas.
  21. Well, by now I'm positive sure work is come on my way, and I have to cancel trip to Pork in the Pines. Sorry Guy's I Know this one is going to be a best one, but work suck sometime. On September 3rd, my company is sending me on training in Denver, CO. And I have to finish a ton of work before I leave. Big Hugs to all of you and especial one for Ann and Gary. Love You All
  22. Just saw this on another forum. New Violations: Motorcycle or moped, wheels losing contact with the ground 1st offense:$1,000 fine plus other costs 2nd offense:$2,500 fine plus other costs 3rd offense:THIRD DEGREE FELONY, mandatory $5,000 fine, license MUST be revoked for a period of TEN YEARS Motorcycle or moped license tag improperly fixed 1st offense:$1,000 fine plus other costs 2nd offense:$2,500 fine plus other costs 3rd offense:THIRD DEGREE FELONY, mandatory $5,000 fine, license MUST be revoked for a period of TEN YEARS A person who exeeds the posted speed limit by 50mph or more 1st offense:$1,000 fine plus other costs 2nd offense:$2,500 fine plus other costs 3rd offense:THIRD DEGREE FELONY, mandatory $5,000 fine, license MUST be revoked for a period of TEN YEARS The squids on the sportbikes are all up in arms over these new changes that go into effect apparently Oct. 1st. Going to be alot of kids without licenses before xmas.
  23. Thanks for taking the time and effort to put up the banner of the 3rd annual Pork in the Pines.
  24. My 02 is having trouble in the shifting department. Going into 3rd it is like I hit a dead spot where it will not shift to 3rd out of 2nd. Shifter will not go up into 3rd I can down shift back to 2nd then it will go to 3rd and sometimes I have to do it a couple times. Needless to say it is IRRITATING to say the least. Anyone else have this problem or know what it is. I have never encountered this before I pull the clutch in and hit 2nd then try for 3rd and the shifter will not go up no matter how hard I try. THANKS in ADVANCE.................................Ron
  25. Guest

can't shift into 3rd

Sorry if I am starting to become a nuisance but some more help would be appreciated!!! I had just turned down the road to my house today and shifted into second and got that horrible horrible sound of 2nd slipping. Usually if you don't get on it to hard it is fine but this time was different so I shifted into 3rd but low and behold nothing could not for the life of me get it into gear. Had to baby it in first the last few blocks. I parked the beast and went inside for a while and later went out and still can't get her to shift past 2nd. So my question is what have I done now and how do I reverse it? Once again thanks for all your help in advance.