Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 6 results

1. I've seen a lot of threads on froggtogs, nylon and so forth but i was wondering about one piece vs two piece?
  2. I just purchased a Chrome Radiator Grill from ebay and learned that I need spacers for correct installation. Was wonder if someone with one of these might remove a spacer and post the diameter and thickness of the spacer. There is a Mclendons Hardware store near by and they have all sorts of spacers in various sizes. I would also think that a Nylon Spacer would work for it would be far enough away from the Radiator heat. If I can't find the exact size I might be able to find one long spacer and chop saw it to the specific length.
  3. Ok, I am sorry, but it is tire time and I need some information to order. I have found the best price at Dennis Kirks. Beat all others by $ 79.04 . So now for the right front tire question. I have found a rear Avon Venom 42 in the same size as the front. But this tire, Avon Venom AM 42 has greater tread depth 11/32 compared to the same size in Avon Venom AM 41 tread depth of 7/32. AM 41 Front (On front of the bike now 11,414 miles and down to tread mark.) Dimensions: Inflated Width/Measuring Rim Width: 6.3 in./3.5 in. Inflated Diameter: 25.2 in. Acceptable Rim Width: 3.0-4.25 in. Deepest Tread Depth: 7/32 in. Balance DOT: No Directional Arrow: Yes-Front Wheel Speed Rating: H-Rated up to 130 MPH Capacities and Construction: Load Capacity/Inflation Pressure: 761 lbs./42 PSI Load Range: B Bias or Radial Ply: Bias Tread Plies/Material: 4 Nylon Sidewall Plies/Material: 4 Nylon DOT Approved for Road Use: Yes Tube or Tubeless: Tubeless-Can be used with a tube --------------------------------------------------------------------------- AM 42 Rear but in same size - almost identical but with greater tread detph and heavier load capacity Dimensions: Inflated Width/Measuring Rim Width: 5.9 in./3.5 in. Inflated Diameter: 25.4 in. Acceptable Rim Width: 3.0-4.25 in. Deepest Tread Depth: 11/32 in. Balance DOT: No Directional Arrow: Yes Speed Rating: H-Rated up to 130 MPH Capacities and Construction: Load Capacity/Inflation Pressure: 906 lbs./49 PSI Load Range: C Bias or Radial Ply: Bias Tread Plies/Material: 3 Nylon/2 Aramid Sidewall Plies/Material: 3 Nylon DOT Approved for Road Use: Yes Tube or Tubeless: Tubeless-Can be used with a tube ------------------------------------------------------------------- This information was copied and pasted from Dennis Kirk web site. I believe it is correct. Has anyone else tried the AM 42 rear on the front, after all, the biggest difference is the tread depth and sidewall. AM 41 - sidewall 4 nylon - tread ply 4 - nylon, AM 42 - sidewall 3 nylon but tread ply material of 3 nylon/2 Aramid. I am replacing front and rear, 11,414 miles on them of both. Both worn out. Rear worn to the threads in two different places due to when I locked it up twice to avoid accident with people pulling out in front of me.The front is down to the tread wear marks, almost smooth across the tread mark, but with very little 1/8 " tread depth left.
  4. tired of trying to get these on and off. Also don't like the idea of riding without them seat seems to lift off when getting off and on, or shifting position. Took a couple of small blocks of nylon and drilled holes in them and threaded them onto studs, finger tight. Aprox. 1/2 x 1/2 x 3/4
  5. You know I've probably dropped 4 nuts putting my seat back on and I think Ive only found two. Where have you guys seen them go? I just ordered 6 more. I tried the nylon ones but like the length of the stock nuts. Makes it easier to install.
  6. As ya'll know I did the "gauge conversion" last spring. After a summer of driving, I found recently that the "main fitting" (that M20-1.50 oil drain plug that replaces the stock plug in the side of the engine that we tap into) was leaking oil. I had used a nylon washer. When I removed it, I found that the threads were quite chewed up ... not stripped but more like "flattened". Like the sharp edge of the thread had been filed down. Any ideas about this? Are these threads not exactly the same as the plug that comes out of that hole? I'm concerned about re-using it now. There seems to still be sufficient thread depth to hold it in but .... to me, it should look normal after unscrewing it. Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions? I wonder if wherever I got the oil plug from that they gave me a wrong one...or is that even possible. What is better than a nylon washer? I'm thinking the washer somehow shrunk from compaction and heat to cause the leak because it was fine for most of the summer. I just noticed this recently after parking the bike for the winter.