Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Considering converting my portable generator to propane. Has a Honda 13HP GX390 engine. I have googled this and found some different kits. Anyone here have any experience or input with doing this? Thanks RSTDdog
  2. Any one have experience with the My Best Buddy Trailer. Looking into getting one and would appreciate any comments good or bad. Thanks.
  3. Hello Everyone: I was able to get in a 50 mile winter ride yesterday. Dry roads and 42 degrees. I reflected back on my improvements this past season that have really made my cycling experience much nicer. Using my DroidX cell phone in Otterbox Defender case is a much welcomed improvement. Bluetoothed to my Nolan N103 helment gives me freedom to ride even when I am "On Call", something that I was always scared to do before, afraid I would miss an important callout. Adding a 12v accessory plug allows me power to my cell now. No more "low Battery indicators". Using a GPS program on my cell phone has given me a precise easy to READ "Speed" indicator. I always felt uneasy riding with my stock speedometer, knowing that it was 8 miles per hour off. Little improvements that have made a big difference for me.
  4. I've just realized that my "new to me" 03 RSV didn't come with the OEM tool kit. I called the seller, but in case he doesn't have it, I want to find something that will do at least the basics. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations for a good aftermarket tool-kit that works out for the RSV? Or any idea where I might find an OEM kit?
  5. This is open to gather experience about all bikes - any manufacturer - any model. I've been told by someone on another board that it is common for front forks to loosen then slip & ride up in the Trees. This is new information to me. In all my years of experience & all the fellow riders I've met & known, I have not heard of any factory motorcycle forks slipping in their mounts. So please... I'd really like to hear from people that have had factory installed forks slip. Then I will have learned something & have grown. Anyone? Slipped fork or forks? Please share your experience(s) & details. Help me change my mind on this slippage. Please - I'd be happy to change my mind. In fact, I'd be relieved to change my mind. JohnB
  6. After 21K miles on it, I needed a new front tire, and quickly, as we are leaving tomorrow for Savannah. I squeezed every millimeter of tread out of it, and it was time. My usual tire guy is closed on Mondays, so I called Mountain Powersports and they had the tire in stock (ME880), and had me come in first thing this morning to get it done. $146 for the tire and $60 for labor, with no add-on fees. They were professional, on time, offered me coffee and a computer in their awesome lounge to get some work done while I waited, and had the job done in 40 minutes, including a nice wipe down of the bike. No hard sell on anything else like brake pads or air filters, and a coupon for a free oil filter with any parts or accessories purchase over $30. Really a pleasant experience all the way around.
  7. Hey Don, I just noticed an ad that appearred on the web site below the list of friends in the left hand column on the website. My question is: How are these ads generated? Are they approved by the website or do they appear automatically because of related content on the internet? The reason I ask is because the ad that drew my attention was titled Conyers Area Bike Dealer and was an ad for a business that I am familiar with and have had dealings with Rockdale Cycles and Racing. All Bad. I have posted on this site before about this business in detail and about the $1,400 rip off nightmare I had with them on my 87VR when I first owned my bike. This experience was before I found this site. I will say that the only good thing that resulted from that experience with Rockdale Cycles was that it set up a set of circumstances that eventually led me to discover this site, the best thing that has happened to me since acquiring my 87VR. Since joining this site and the resulting knowledge and help obtained on the 1st Gens from the knowledgable members of the VentureRiders.org, and because of that bad experience with Rockdale Cycles I have adopted a policy that no one works on my bike except me and trusted VR.org friends. In retrospect I know that had it not been for VR.org I would not have been able to afford to keep, ride, work on and maintain my 87VR. There is no way I could have afforded to pay a shop much less pay for Yamaha OEM parts for all of the work that I (with some help from others on this site) have done to my bike over the past ten years. Being able to work on the bike due to all of the helpful knowledge obtained from the members of this site. I say all of that to say this: The $12.00 per year membership dues is the best investment I have ever made in my 87VR. You can trust the advice, knowledge, experience and people involved with this site. If you too, saw the ad and were considering doing business with Rockdale Cycles, don't you will probably end up regretting it. They call them stealers instead of dealers for a reason. But, I quess I'm preaching to the choir. Suggestion for new forum: "What Not to do, things, places and people to avoid"
  8. i just ordered bub exhaust for my venture any one have any experience
  9. I just pick up a plastic welder from HF. does anyone have experience with this welder? I have some hairline cracks on my boxes and a couple small cracks on my fairing that i want to try to repair before i have my bike painted. Here is the welder i picked up. http://www.harborfreight.com/plastic-welding-kit-with-air-motor-and-temperature-adjustment-96712.html
  10. OK, need a little experience picking, , , , ,My older brother, 72 and his wife, , 39 if she reads this, , , are wanting to get back into riding. They are looking at an '88 Goldwing with a Mike Harris trike kit. It is not a true trike, it is like a Voyager kit. I have never rode one or known of anyone who has experience with one. Can someone shed a little light on these things. Good, , , ,Bad, , , , any, , , , Thanks, Barry barry.higginbotham@gmail.com
  11. So I'm strongly considering ordering one of these from RideBikegear.com anyone here have experience with their products?? Looks like a good deal to me! http://www.ridebikegear.com/tp-extra-large-motorcycle-trunk-tour-pak-with-wrap-around-backrest-and-large-top-rack-p-196.html
  12. The battery I took out of my bike is an energizer. Walmart has the identical wet cell 18 lb battery for 50.00. However, I can get a sealed battery for 97.00 but the terminals are slightly different. So, I thought I'd ask someone with experience.
  13. I just discovered that my rear pads are pretty well shot, and that my rear rotor is looking like it probably needs to be replaced sometime soon as well. The OEM replacement rotor at the stealership is about $240, plus the new bolts. I found an EBC replacement rotor on eBay for $145, new in the package and free shipping. http://www.ebay.com/itm/EBC-Brake-Rotor-MD2078-for-Yamaha-XVZ1300TF-Royal-Star-Venture-1999-2008-/261008709417?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc554d729&vxp=mtr Does anyone have any experience with this brand, or would I be wise to bite the bullet and stick with Yami's stock rotor? Any other suggestions would also be appreciated. Thanks.
  14. Had a great long weekend with the wife and some friends at Thunder Beach Spring Bike Week in Panama City Beach FL. My first one, and it was quite the experience. The weather was awesome while there (not so great coming home!), the visual experience was "interesting" (I'll leave it at that!), and we met some really terrific people. Overall, it was pretty much what I expected. Local media put the numbers at between 75,000 and 80,000 bikes and 100,000+ visitors. Based on my informal survey of state tags, I'd say the vast majority were from GA (no surprise). We didn't get a place to stay until we arrived, and got a very nice 2 BR ocean front condo right in the middle of the action for about $120/night. Tons of availability from what I could tell. And everything is fee-free....no cover charges, parking fees, entry fees or any other kind of extra expenses for anything! That part was really nice. And there are more bike vendors spread out all over the entire 10 mile stretch of PCB then you could ever see in a week....anything you want, you can find. My only issue is that the entire event is sooooooo H-D oriented, which was OK for the wife, but not much for the Yami or Kawi crowd by way of aftermarket anything. The factory promo trucks were nowhere to be found either, except for Can-Am. But other than that, I'd say it was a pretty fun weekend to take in the total "biker" experience. We might do it again in the Fall for "Thunder Beach - Part II".
  15. The judge said that this trial should last till Thursday or Friday, well the state is still presenting it case and tomorrow is Thursday, I am not complaining, I find this a great learning experience of how the court process works, sorta like being in a episode of Law and Order. We have spent many hours in the jury room and less time in the jury box. Has anyone else had a similar experience while serving jury duty. All I can say is that this is a felony criminal trial, with multiple charges against the defendant.
  16. I want to replace my seat, and am impressed with the Ultimate. Trouble is, that means I have to replace the passenger seat and my wife is not one for change, she wants to know if anyone has any experience with the passenger seat. She finds no problem with the stock seat and says it is the right thickness ( GEEEZ) but other than width I can't find anything about how thick the dang thing is. I told her Ultimate offers a trial and her response was I know you need a new seat so if you are happy with yours that means I have to switch. Good grief anybody out there have any experience with the passenger seat?
  17. I have been looking at this bike every time I go for a check up on my shoulder surgery in Mount Sterling,KY..... The dealer is right next door with in walking distance, and I did think of one of these before me and my Red Raven sweetheart, but I am kinda struck on her. Does any one else have one or had any experience with them. I still love my RSTD, but, this bike has some really nice features and I absolutely love this color. Very good breaking system. Belt drive. Water cooled. Woe is me for even thinking ???????? But don't hurt to look does it ???? http://images.motorcycle-usa.com/PhotoGallerys/xlarge/2012-Kawasaki-Vulcan-1700-V.gif Fuzzy
  18. I'm contemplating adding an amp to an 08 RSV, and I'm considering the following two amps: Poly-Planar ME60 - 4 Channel, 120 watt Amplifier: http://www.polyplanar.com/product/me60-4-channel-120-watt-amplifier-volume-control and Poly-Planar ME400D - Class D Power Amplifier (125w x 4 ch) http://www.polyplanar.com/sites/default/files/documentation_pdfs/me-400d.pdf Anyone have any experience with either? What amplifier did you install on your bike? Happy with it? Thanks for any and all comments/suggestions.
  19. I'm thinking it would be fun to have the same engine as my VR in a different ride. Does anyone have any experience to report with these bikes? I'm thinking of an an older model, maybe even a 89 so they match.
  20. jinx56

horns

Bring up another old topic: horns I am looking at the RIVCO air horns from Buckeye. They apparently install on the swing arm of the 2nd generation RSV. Mine is a 2001 RSV. Have any of you had any experience with these horns ie ease of install, life span, mainteance etc.? Thanks all Jinx
  21. Well, with the electrical work done on the RSV and the weather turning nasty, it's time to start doing some new work on the bike. With that, I have some questions. I want to replace the stock windshield with one that is 3 inches lower since I can't easily look over the top of the stock windshield in the rain. I've looked up the threads on the subject but one question to which I found no answer was this: do the wider windshields (Usually 4 to 5 inches wider overall) give better hand protection (I'm more concerned with the cold than the rain, but better rain protection would be nice)? I know from the threads that a number of members have gone to the wider windshields so I'm hoping someone can pass on their experience. Also on this subject, my 5 ft. 2 in. wife (I'm 5ft. 10 in.) says that she gets some buffeting at face level at highway speeds. Does anyone have any experience as to what effect a move to a lower and wider windshield would have on this. I can't really tell if the air she gets hit with is coming from over the top of the windshield or from around the sides. I'm guessing that a move to a lower and wider windshield would have little effect on gas mileage since the surface area would stay roughly the same. Some windshields, however, seem to sweep back at a greater angle than the stock one, so it's possible mileage would be improved. Anyone have any experience with that? And also, does anyone have experience with handle bar heaters? The price is better than for heated grips, but I wonder if they do as good a job. Well that should do it for now....at least until I see if I can figure out how to get my grips off the bike. Chrome insert in the end and a collar at the other end and both spin? Who thinks this stuff up anyway? Andy
  22. My son when he returns from his 4th Afgan Tour wants to get a Ducati Monster 696. Does anyone have any experience on this bike?
  23. I'm thinking about installing a new head unit in my venture. It already has an old aftermarket Vetter radio in it, but my question is, am I just going to have to cut a bigger hole in the cover for the new head unit to fit inside? I couldn't find any info on this. Does anyone have any experience doing this?
  24. Thanks Dale (Midnight Rider) and Cindy (Cinderella) for the help getting us moved. If anyone needs a gun safe moved, Dale now has experience.
  25. Anyone had experience with the big mirrors from Harber's cycle.?