Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. First of all, don't judge. I traded in my RSTD a couple of months ago for a 2012 Ultra Classic. It's a beautiful bike and a blast to ride. Nothing against my RSTD because I loved that bike to, I was just looking for something different. Anyway, I'm sticking around this site because of the knowledgable folks and because everyone is so nice. I know there are a handful of folds that have Harley around here and I was hoping to get some advice. Oil is a huge topic regardless of the type of bike you ride and it seems everyone has an opinion. I've pretty much decided to stick with regular mineral oil, not synthetic. This decision was based on the fact that I've ran regrular oil in every machine I've ever owned and never once have I had an oil related issue. I'm a 2500 to 3000 oil change guy so I just fail to see what the benefit is of paying the extra money for synthetic. That being said, what are you Harley riders' recommendations for regular old mineral oil in the engine, primary and transmission? Thanks guys. Les
  2. Well...well...not to have those midwesterners in Minnesota outdo us folks on the Best Coast, I thought I would pass along that the Classic Japanese Motorcycle Club is having it's annual Swap Meet and Bike Show in Auburn, CA. at the end of this month, on Friday, June 29th. to Sunday, July 1st. Here is the link to their calendar, and you will have to scroll down to get to the end of June to see all the details of the event: http://www.cjmc.org/calendar.html There is Flat Track races on Friday night, not affiliated with the swap meet and show, but in the same fairgrounds area, so we all just walk over to the flat track races and have a hoot. It has been popinted out to me that this is somewhat near Condor...hmm...so maybe he could show up too.
  3. Here is a few pics of my son and his 1st bike. 05 V-Star 650 Classic. Let the good times begin!
  4. I didn't know where to post this... Desperately needing the right rear (#3) carb for a 96-97 Royal Star, part #4NK-14903-00-00. Might be interested in a complete set of 4 carbs, also. In the process of trying to remove the float pin, I broke the pin tower off. Please, someone, help me out! Thanks! I'm not interested in 32mm carbs, just the stock 28mm set up. According to the parts fiche, the following will interchange. 1996 ROYAL STAR - XVZ1300AH 1996 ROYAL STAR - XVZ1300AHC 1996 ROYAL STAR TOUR CLASSIC - XVZ1300ATH 1996 ROYAL STAR TOUR CLASSIC - XVZ1300ATHC 1996 ROYAL STAR XVZ13ATH_ATHC ROYAL STAR TOUR CLASSIC - XVZ13AH 1996 ROYAL STAR XVZ13ATH_ATHC ROYAL STAR TOUR CLASSIC - XVZ13AHC 1996 ROYAL STAR XVZ13ATH_ATHC ROYAL STAR TOUR CLASSIC - XVZ13ATH 1996 ROYAL STAR XVZ13ATH_ATHC ROYAL STAR TOUR CLASSIC - XVZ13ATHC 1996 XVZ13THC 1997 ROYAL STAR - XVZ1300AJ 1997 ROYAL STAR - XVZ1300AJC 1997 ROYAL STAR TOUR CLASSIC - XVZ1300ATJ 1997 ROYAL STAR TOUR CLASSIC - XVZ1300ATJC 1997 XVZ13AJ 1997 XVZ13AJC 1997 XVZ13ATJ 1997 XVZ13ATJC
  5. Sister and her husband just picked up a used 2005 650 Silverado Classic. Bike didn't have an owners manual. I'm looking for an on-line source (cheap to free, LOL) of a manual or service guide. Or better yet, a forum/website similar to this that I can steer them too for advice and assistance as they may require it. Thanks.
  6. 96 royal star has 4 mufflers. will a 2 muffler system from 97 and newer fit my 96 royal star classic tourer? biker47
  7. Ok I have always wondered if I made the best choice when I bought my Venture. My Harley friends are pretty adamant on the superiority of the Harley experience. So I have always had this nagging question. Would I have been happier with a Harly Ultra Glide Classic or some such thing? Do the Harleys really handle much better at parking lot speeds? For sure more accessories are available for Harleys. And the Harley is fuel injected. Well yesterday I spent some time riding an Ultra Classic and all I can say is WOW. There is no way I would trade my Venture for a Harley. I like the handling on my Venture better than the Harley at any speed. So the question for me has been asked and answered. The Venture was and still is my best choice. Mike
  8. Hello, this is my first post. I am looking at a 2005 RSTD with 24K on it. It has a complete custom paint job, quadzilla fairing, hard bags a tour trunk, Supertrapps, K&N pods and probably every other thing you can think of. Here is my question... I am 5'8" tall with a 29-30" inseam. Yea.. I am a short guy. I have had many bikes over the years and although I feel more comfortable on smaller bikes I prefer the big touring bikes. Regarding big bikes.. I have owned 2000 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500FI 2001 Honda Valkyrie 1990 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic I sold the Valkyrie because I just couldn't flat foot the bike even after I had the seat shaved. I even dropped it once with my wife on it trying to park. I fit on the Vulcan 1500FI perfectly but I sold it because it has spokes and I got a flat on a rear tire once that took 9 hours for a tow truck to come. No more spokes for me. I also fit on the Ultra Classic perfectly after I cut down the seat. I sold it because it had an electrical issue and it was starting to leak. Great bike though. I checked out this 2005 RSTD. The original owner put 20K in to it. Its absolutely beautiful. I sat on it and I could flat foot the bike. I was shocked because the bike has gel inserts in the seats. It just didn't feel as heavy as the Ultra Classic or the Valkyrie but from what I have read its a bear for low speed maneuvering and it does weigh every bit as much as those bikes weigh and I will say.. its enormous!! I am concerned about things like backing into spaces. It was very difficult wih the Ultra Classic. That bike also felt very top heavy. So.. what I am asking is... and I know this is a fairly subjective question, is the 2005 RSTD all loaded up with a fairing and a tour trunk too big of a bike for a short guy? The reason I am asking is because before I bought the Valkyrie fellow riders told me that it doesn't matter about the size or my size.. I will get use to it. I joined the Valkyrie forum and found out that 90% of the owners were all big guys... 5'-10" to 6'-5" tall and that most of the short guys like me were scrambling around trying to find ways to lower the bike or the seat. I never did get used to that bike. Any insight or comments for a potential buyer are appreciated.
  9. You've all seen or heard of "American Idol". We bring you "The Venture / Tour Deluxe / Tour Classic Patch Contest" This ought to be fun. Show Us You’re Venture / Tour Deluxe / Tour Classic Patch. Take a picture or pictures of how you displayed your Venture/Tour Deluxe/Tour Classic Patch and submit it to a New Thread that I will created on 1 August. This should give all participants ample time to order and sew or iron. 1st Place is a whopping 15.7 inch Patch 2nd Place is a 9 inch Patch 3rd Place is a 7 inch Patch 4th Place is a 5 3/4 inch Patch 5th Place is a 3 1/2 inch Patch The Patch will be of your choice of Venture or Tour Deluxe or Tour Classic. The contest will start on 1 August and close on 7 August. I would suggest, not posting till 1 August so other do not see your display and try to better it. Each member's vote counts only once and if you vote more than once time only your 1st vote will count. ATTENTION!!!.....YOU CAN NOT VOTE FOR YOUR PATCH..... And you do not need to have purchased a patch to vote. A qualifying patch display only counts if displayed on motorcycling equipment sold in say a motorcycling store such as Motorcycle Superstore or Revzilla. This is just to help keep the display clean and appropriate please. If inappropriate then the display will be disqualified. I will consult with FreeBird to determine if a posting violates the spirit of this organization. 52 members ordered Venture Patches on the 1st order. So far on the 2nd order there are 30 Members are ordering Venture Patches. A Royal Star Tour Deluxe and Tour Deluxe Classic patches are in the design phase and the interest is growing. So now is the time to order additional Venture Patches. On a previous thread I stated that this Sunday 8 May the 2nd the Venture order window would close. I will keep the Venture order window open for 1 more week. Therefore closing on next Sunday 15th May. You can place your Venture Patch order on this thread. (Please Do Not order “Tour Deluxe” Nor the “Tour Classic” Patches on this thread. When the design is finalized I will create a new thread for these new patches.
  10. some one I know is selling his 2005 Ultra Classic with 45,000mi and is giving me a heck of a deal due to he needs $$$ I wanted to ask the family here who owns a Ultra what to look out for? as per say "taken to the cleaners" if you know what I mean . I don't think he would but I would feel better knowing what to look for on a HD. He sent couple of photos and first thing I saw in the photo is the right muffler has been kinda hot like blueish gold color? asked him about this and he said it was due to the cat.converter in the muffler? all ultra Classic have this issue? other than that this Ultra is in great shape never been down or dropped He bought this bike with 3,000mi and as far as I know there has been no issues or break downs that I can think of other than just tires and oil changes he said he just had the 40,000 maintenance done with 45,000mi on the clock is there any issues I need to be aware on 2005 model Thanks Buddy
  11. etcswjoe

Musem

During a recent round of VR scavenger hunt the target was musems and I was wondering if anyone had ever been to the Classic Bike Musem in Ashboro NC? http://www.visitnc.com/listings/view/32708/american-classic-motorcycle-museum
  12. I need some input from the Harley guys here. I've been offered a 1988 Ultra Classic as trade for an item I have for sale. It appears to be in good cosmetic condition but I have no solid experience with Harleys. This would be strictly for turn over. I really don't have any desire to own a Harley except for profit. I guess I need to know whether this bike has any mechanical flaws and if it has a viable value this coming spring and what that value 'might' be. Thanks
  13. The input gear on my 1996 Tour classic has broken teeth. I have a line on a used unit from a 2003 but am unsure if it will work. Anyone with any advise? I need to commit to this one soon. Thanks for any thoughts. Jim
  14. I got a letter from my insurance company today asking me the value of my 89 VR. Mine is in what I consider excellent condition with 21,800 miles. The only option on it is the lighted chrome rear bumper. I put on a rivco oil filter adapter, cable upgrade and braided ss brake lines. Kelly Blue book lists it at $3495 and NADA list it at $4125. I carry full coverage on it. Apparently the insurance company, Foremost considers it a classic if it has under $500. in accessories. I have the option of keeping street or classic insurance. My questions are should I value it at the higher value and is classic insurance cheaper than street insurance? Insurance has cost me $300. a year in the past. Thanks Dave
  15. Guest

Insurance cost

I was hoping someone can answer this question. Why is the insurance so high on my 07 RSTD. Its about $700 a year for full coverage with progressive. I was playing around on their site and a Vulcan 1600 nomad is $200 a year less and even an Ultra classic that costs 10 grand more is $25 a year less. I knew it was higher going in but I was just curious why. Are the replacement parts expensive or do they total easily?
  16. My sister (Lilsis on here) is looking at a '97 Royal Star Tour Classic with 17k on it. What should I look at aside from the obvious stuff? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  17. Here is a photo show of some classic motorcycle. So get a cup and enjoy! http://www.photoshow.com/watch/Zi6GY5Tu?p=photoshow_deluxe&v=6.0.0&d=787&l=full_paid&s=ss_photoshow_desktop_6&b=roxio&lo=1&la=en
  18. So I am in God's country, South Carolina, for Thanksgiving and my brother in law wanted to put some miles on his new bike. I didn't think I'd be riding so I didn't bring my RSV from VA. The father in law told me to take his 2003 Harley Ultra Classic and after 300 miles on it I got three words to describe it: Was Not Impressed!!! My RSV rides a whole lot better than his HD. Both him and my dad (2001 HD Electra Glide Classic) say I'm nuts. All I had to say to them was they haven't ridden my bike and I would prove my point when we all get together on a trip. I love my RSV and that ride just confirmed it! Ben
  19. Was wondering if anyone has had experience on this issue? Seems like the touch screen wont work too well with riding gloves on. Was also wondering if the wheel controls on the nano and/or classic are big enough to use with gloves on? I searched the threads and it looks like the ipods are working for people, but wasn't sure on the controls. Would appreciate any help/thoughts. Thanks. Bob
  20. I am looking for a pair of Tour Classic Studded Yamaha Sadddlebags for my newly acquired 97 RS. Would prefer tan leather since it sports tan corbin saddle and pillion and tank panel as used on the Palomino edition. Any condition, water stained are OK. If I can find a beat up set of black used ones, I will have them recovered in tan leather at a shop here. Tan ones pictured here below. Been looking on Craiglist and Ebay to no avail, and posted a classified here. Mike Gardner 2005 RSTD 2002 Honda Valkyrie (sorry) 1997 RSC Wichita, KS
  21. footsie

classic

Guys don't try the classic radial, the bead breaks before the tire will seat, I blew one at 85 lbs, and another biker trying to mount one on a magna rear wheel said his blew at 85 lbs. That make the third one that the bead broke. Gregg
  22. Hi Everyone - I too am considering putting a Voyager on my 2009 Venture S. I seem to remember somewhere that it said the side saddle bags would not open with the kit on. Can this be true? Does anyone have a Venture with the classic kit that can tell me for sure? That would make a big difference to me. Thanks for the info. Don
  23. Any Ultra Classic riders or if you have friends that may ride an Ultra Classic. Just posted in the classifieds some parts for a friend of mine. He just completed Trikeing his bike and looking to sell some of his leftover parts. Color of his bike is Wine Berry. Any questions please asked. Thanks
  24. i have a chance to pick up a pair of electra glide classic mufflers so i am wondering if anybody has tried to use them on there venture?
  25. Anybody heard of a TCB Classic? It comes in a 165-80R-15. They said its made by cooper tire. I can buy it local for $56.00