Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Does anyone have a good set of eyebrows from a 2 gen they would like to sell? I would like to add them to the front of my sidecar to match the bike.
  2. I have seen in the past on this site, someones instructions to remove the tape deck and add a jack for an MP3 player. I haven't found it, any help would be appreciated......Thanks!
  3. Someone once said , “Any darn fool can make something complex; it takes a genius to make something simple".. To this arcane expression I would like to add - "yeaa,, but it takes a Flying Fool to make either of them work"!!!
  4. I have been researching the older post on LED's. I read some that say you don't have to add anything but the bulbs unless you change out the turn signals. Other post sound like you do have to add resistors. I would like to change out the running lights that I have and perhaps the headlight. I don't want to change the turn lights at this time. My bike is a 87' 1st gen. Can someone please clear this up for me?
  5. Was just sitting here wondering if it would be possible to add a "Restorations, Modifications and Customizations" forum section, where we could create our own threads based on our own personal motorcycle related restorations, modifications and or customizations and be able to add related photos showing the "before and after" progress of such, where we can keep this information contained in one forum and separate and not mixed in with, the watering hole and or other forums. Eck
  6. Well I went & did it. I picked up the HF mini trailer yesterday. With coupons & sales it came to $143. I spent most of this afternoon putting it together & cursing Chinese manufacturing. In general the components are good. Some of the Bolts & nuts are not machined properly. I had to use my tap & die set waaayy too much today. Getting it squared was fun as well. Once everything was true I retightened eveything with my impact gun. (I will be stick welding it as well. Although it's sold as an 870lbs capacity trailer, it is rated at 1060 max load. My intention is to make this a multi use trailer (if needed). I can add a floor & sides to haul stuff, & I do have a 5/8 " steel U rail that can be placed on it to haul my VR in case of an emergency (get home short hop) since the VR is 911LBS. But for the most part it will be a tag along for me to pull behind my Gen1. Tomorrow I have fenders & wiring to do as well as add the 18cu ft rooftop cargo carrier. I aslo have the swivel hitch to mount on the VR. Here's where I stand so far. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/album.php?albumid=1121&pictureid=7122 Now I'M TIRED!!!! http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_dbnCgEZBVp0/SaOx9_Rie1I/AAAAAAAAAec/YPQWJ4aKBkw/s320/tired+smiley.bmp.jpg
  7. How do I add states to the here I traveled Map.
  8. hi friends annie & alan bought my tow-behind trailer. as you know annie & alan are coming back to the good old U.S.A. they will need to have a trailer relay from my house to utadventure home where alan's bike is stored. they will then need the trailer to be in portland, oregon by july. i know this is a little early BUT i would like to add a bit more of a welcome back to our homes and lives. so i would like suggest when the trailer is in your neck of the woods. add something to it of yours, like a pin, decals, bumper stickers, patches, (now be nice), etc. i think there was a trailer relay for them last year. i'am open to any ideas. regards don c.
  9. Hey Eck, I bet you thought you'd found everything you'd be useful for at this point in life. Here is one more thing to add to your list.
  10. Today I finally met my first VR member. I have been receiving very nice PM and thread replies from a lot of you. Want to thank Steve K. Aka M61A1MECH for taking the time after his bike run to meet with me in his old stomping rounds of spring hill. A couple of things. First off his bike looks awesome, has a lot of nice add ons and modifications. More importantly was his personable, friendly demeanor. He was eager to answer all my newbie questions and add his vast knowledge on things I would have never guessed. I asked him to ride the bike and give me a feel. Came back and was happy as a clam with my bikes handling. After the holidays I am headed his way on the other side of the state to have him help me w a cool light bar set up. Over all I have not had one bad experience dealing w anyone on this forum and wanted to let you know I appreciate it since I feel like I am running a marathon with my shoes tied together and my eyes closed. If anyone has any questions regarding lights /LEDs etc, trying reaching out to him. He has some good ideas. It's nice to be surrounded by people who are genuine and not Butt heads Barry
  11. Guest

Bad boy horn

As you know' I'm not much of a writer; but I sure do read alot on the site. Any way I wanted to get the new stebel horn, as there as so many people who decide that they want to share the same blacktop as me so often. Well I did not want to wait to order one, so I went to the local harbor freight and bought a "BAD BOY" horn. HOLY s@#%, that sucker is loud! It was a simple add on and it looks exactly like the stebel horn. I'm not sure if the stebel is louder but I really don't think that I need it. Btw I used the little bracket off the original horn to install the new one. I simply enlarge the lower hole and mounted the horn sideways and used the upper hole to mount the relay. I also was able to get the horn at the on line add price of $34.99.
  12. Is it a easy to add a air pump for the mono air shock on the RSTD? Should I get one from a RSV or is there an after market set up. Id just like the convenience of adding air on the fly rather than stopping at gas station to add air.
  13. I want to put in a platform and sidewalk. I'm sure I won't be able to mix enough concrete to do the job in one fell swoop. Is is okay to add new concrete to concrete that has already set?
  14. I ever done.For 5 years the radio on my 1st gen had very low volume.Yesterday,while working on the bike I ACCIDENTALLY pushed the mute button on the remote and the radio about blasted out my eardrums.I never knew that button was even there.Don needs to add a donate button for the dumb things we have done on these bikes.I feel better now.
  15. How do you add all the stuff at the bottom of your posts. Weather, where you have ridden or maybe it is where you are wanted in any case could some one tell me please???
  16. I'm looking to buy brand new sliders, and diaphragms, I know where to get the diaphragms, but most of the places to get sliders it appears they COME with diaphragms. And don't appear to be removable for me to add new diaphragms that look a lot different than the floppy sloppy ones I've gotten with the sliders+Diaphragm sets.
  17. One of the reasons that I wasn't too upset at failing to finish the April Fools Rally was simply that I got this picture. This is one of the hundreds of similar moments I get in every long distance (and many of the shorter) rides that I do. For me it contains nearly all the elements of why I do this. If you click the photo you can see the full resolution version, SmugMug is good like that Feel free to add your own pictures to the thread. http://twigg.smugmug.com/Motorcyling/Rallies/April-Fools-Rally/i-QPFHqZw/0/M/IMG20120401145503-M.jpg You can't click the photo, so here is the link to the Gallery:
  18. Working on my letter for my up coming trip. The only thing I have to work on is the States, Both Canada & the US. I plan to paint them in, as an out line, then add the colors as I go alone
  19. Is there someome here named Scott Crego? Possibly from North Carolina. I have someone by this name attempting to join our Facebook Venturerider group. His profile pic is of an RSV. When I tried to add him to the group, it said he was already a member, but when I check the group roster, he isn't on it. It will not let me use the "ignore" function, nor will it let me add him. So, it's just sitting there, asking me to add him, but I can't do anything with it. It could be a major glitch, or he could have some kinda weird privacy settings that is preventing it. Did one of you guys add someone by this name? Is this the name of a member here? :think::think::think:
  20. I need some advice. About a year and a half ago, I got my 1st tattoo. It of course has meaning to me. Its my kids initials linked together chiseled out of stone. Anyway the other day I added to it. A stone circle seperated into 3 pieces, with the kids names written in each section. The names dont overpower the whole thing. I like the way it turned out, but cant make up my mind if I need to add some color, or just shade some of the middle some how. Maybe just leave it alone, as it is. Since it took me a year and a half to add to it, I'm just not gonna jump in and add a bunch of color etc. So I'll probly just let it go and not get into a hurry I guess What do you think.......
  21. when I got to thinking about how attractive Mrs Howell was on Gilligan's Island. add yours RandyA
  22. Hi all, Today I picked up an 84 Venture Royale with 14K miles. Cosmetically she's a little rough so I will need to replace some things & add some bling. Is there a parts interchange manual published for this bike? Basically I need to replace some side panels & add some of the dress up trim. What years will be a direct bolt on to my 84? My immediate need is to replace the seat. I assume an 83 would fit, what others can directly replace mine? I appreciate any help especially on the seat. Thanks
  23. On Oct. 29th I ordered some parts online and waited and waited. Their add said 6 to 10 bussiness days for shipping. After waiting for 18 days and no parts I sent them an e-mail and the reply I got was to check the terms and conditions. Well I sent e-mail #2 and reminded them what their terms and conditions read. Got back same reply. I tried calling them but the # that is on the add is one that you have to have a code to dial to talk to a human. Which they don't give out in their add. So I decided to look on google earth to see if there was something that they were hiding. Sure enough, they were a dealership and they had a different phone number on the add that is online for the store. I gave it a try and actually got an answer. It was the sales desk and they did some checking and found that my parts were there and should have been sent to me over a week ago. The guy told me that the parts mgr wasn't there but would have him call me back the next day. No phone call. But, I got an e-mail last night stating that my parts would be shipped on Monday 2 day air. If not for google earth I would still be trying to figure out which headhunter (er... Venturerider) to send after them.
  24. Has anyone had any issues on the Tagalong trailer letting water leak in between the top and the tub? Just wondering if I should add some weather stripping around that area where they mate together!
  25. ting these next weekend. I think these will look nice and add a safety factor. http://www.rivcoproducts.com/products/product.php?productid=558&cat=199&page=1