Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. US 550 into Ouray and Silverton. They call it the milliion dollar highway. I think it is because it cost that much per mile to build it. I think it is because it has million dollar views as you ride along it. It winds up and over several mountain passes and you will see crystall clear rivers and waterfalls. There are stopping points along the way and during holidays, you will encounter some traffic. The road has lots of curves and you might hit some gravel occasionally on the road from pull out areas. The town of Ouray has a public Hot Spring that is visible as you pull into town. Use it at the end of the day. It is great! Lots of Hotels and Motels to stay in. The Weisbaden is the usual biker choice but I stayed at the Beaumont which is very lavish and expensive. Only place I could find a room on Labor Day. The town is western and very friendly. Silverton is more rustic and an old Mining town. There is plenty to see and do in both these places but the ride in is what makes it great. I also had to add a couple pics from Grand Junction and the Mesa. Great country to ride.
  2. I was wondering if anyone here has these on their bike. They are Saddle Bag Trim Rails: http://www.starmotorcycles.com/assets/accessories/500/STR-1D672-50-00-500.jpg They fit the 2nd Gen Ventures and the '05 - '09 RSTD. I can't say that I've ever seen a bike (pictures or in person) that have them installed. I wonder if it's because of the price (list is $177.99), or if it's because to install them you have to drill into your saddlebag lids. My local Yammy dealer went to the creditors a few months ago and I picked these up at the creditor's auction yesterday for $28. There was lots of other stuff there, unfortunately not much for the Royal Stars. I did bid on a few other items but they went for more than I wanted to pay. I guess I'm looking to find out if I should install these, or if there have been issues with them. Thanks, Glenn
  3. Boy, am I lucky!!! No surgery, not buried by snow, AND tomorrow I'm going to pick up my new used 2007 RSV. Boy, am I lucky!!! Rode a 1984 VR until 2004, have been on a VSTAR 650 since then. I can hardly wait to get those 4 cylinders going under me again. Boy, am I lucky!!! Lots of things different on the RSV, but also lots of the same with the power, smoothness and the feeling of wanting to ride from sunup to sunset. Boy am I lucky!!! Temp. here in Indy is supposed to be around 50 degrees F tomorrow PM. Boy, am I lucky!!!
  4. It's been a while since the Houston brethren got together, and it's long over due. What say ye to having a fall MD at our place in Cleveland? Lots of room here, the weather will be breaking in a couple of weeks. So would their be any interest in fixing on some bikes and lots of BSing, and a BBQ? Post up your thoughts and we'll see if we want to set a date or not
  5. Here it is again, June 21st, 15 years ago we took the plunge and decided it was time to have the same last name. Lots of drama and hard times, but lots of great memories. It isn't perfect, but I'll take it, and I'm glad that were still proving some folks wrong. Happy Anniversary I Love You Kiddo!
  6. a1bummer

HELP!!!

I'm stuck sharing a room with IHTruck Guy and his wife!!! Buy the way, it was an awesome ride today on the Cancer Schmancer run fo Liz. Met lots of great people and life long friends. Picture to come later... Bill
  7. just got home from the meet. great fun great people, and lots of them. lewis counted 34 bikes but there were more to come. total success and lots of food. think everyone helped out a bunch for dragon riders st. jude fund. thanks to b2 mom and dad for a great time
  8. OK, I see lots of "states I've been" type maps in the sig of many of the members. How do I put one in my sig?
  9. Just to let you all know that Marca's dad passed on to glory very peacefully yesterday at 9pm. He now no longer has any pain, or sorrow, and he is able to walk again for a change. He was 84 and looking forward to the trip. Yes there were tears,,,, but along with that,,,,, lots of JOY. Looking forward to today, we're getting together with the kids and a lot of the grandkids, just to remember and to celebrate, and to plan the next few days. Carl
  10. Well the wife & I have decided to list the farm and move to town. Mixed emotions I guess. Babe has raised a cow herd here on the farm over the last 20 years, with all the cows having names & each with their own personality. Hard to take them to the cattle auction, but that's the reality of the cow business. I have lived here on the farm longer than any other place in my life. Lots of loves & fond memories of the 20 years here. It will be nice to open the garage door & ride the bike on cement or pavement without riding a mile & a half on dirt or mud. Lots more days able to ride without the worry of rain making the road to the house muddy! I will have to relearn to go into the house every time I need to make water. That will be harder than it might sound to you town guys, as here on the farm you just make water where ever you are. No more worries about the septic overflowing, the well quitting, the electric line losing connectivity, (as it did yesterday) or being snowbound for several days (2006). I will keep you posted.
  11. well i had an oil leak in my new stratoliner, which i fixed for a second time before christmas. i had to replace a bad rocker box casting. while i had it in my new shop i did a little tweaking. i added a cobra powerpro autotune, and a patrick racing big air kit. my new d&d exaust arrived yesterday, so it may go on this weekend. this thing has got balls out power from idle on up. it is one cantankerous machine. lots of engine noise, and an archaic engine design. it handles like a wing, and really sits low. kind of a modernized piece of nostalgia. next project in line is a total service on my majesty scooter. whats every one else working on this winter?
  12. Guest

Thunderbolt for PCs?

Hey looks like Apple's fast Thunderbolt port is arriving in the Windows world pretty soon: http://www.electronista.com/articles/11/12/26/thunderbolt.said.ready.to.go.for.april/ Lots of hardware standards like firewire and usb are shared across platforms. This one is fast though, and once the 'winders guys' have it in their machines, we will most likely see lots of new hardware using it.
  13. Eat lots, drink lots, and have a safe and wonderful Christmas ya'll ... I'm outta here until next Wednesday (maybe sooner if I get bored lazing around the house LOL)
  14. Does anyone make an aftermarket clutch basket that does a little better than this factory I basket? I see lots of clutch kits with springs, friction plates, etc.
  15. Just completed my 2nd attempt on the Iron Butt Ride Around Texas (3247miles)in under 85hours.. 1st attempt DNF last Oct when I hit a gear box in the road at night outside Dalhart, which took out my left side cowling, floorboard and shifter along with a smashed exhaust and hole in stator cover. This attempt I started in Galveston on Monday 9/5, finished yesterday 9/8 barely. 84hours and 20min. Didn't mean to cut it that close, lost some time up in north Texas with 2 problems with the Venture. One was a clogged fuel filter, changed out in a hotel parking lot in Nocona. 2nd problem was from my 2010 RAT attempt curse of the kickstand wiring that got cut off in the Dalhart debris hit. The stand wiring was re-wired. Had a problem with engine cutting off and on, about 6 months ago. So I decided to check the stand wiring again, didn't find anything wrong, just unplugged the connector and re-connected no more problems all the way back to Galveston. Did run out of gas in west Texas from El Paso to Guadalupe N.P. and then to Kermit. Even with my 3 gallon Aux tank, Bad planning on my part. Didn't consider fuel mileage going over 70 for 200 miles.Luckily I made it to a little town west of Kermit, but it was closed and only took cash. A very nice lady drove by who worked there and opened the store and let me fill up. Gave her a big tip. Lesson learned. Lots of night riding which not fond of anymore after hitting that debris last year. Seen deer, hogs, jack rabbits, cows in Big Bend, and lot's of smoke from the wildfires. Rode from Victoria to Harlingen and from Atlanta to Marshall with with fires burning right up to the road some places. Hard to breath and see. Didn't have any road detours which would have killed my chances on the last leg. Had 18 checkpoints along the way. attached pic of my Spot tracker showing my ride. Lots of other stories. Here are a few pics. Not much time for picture snapping on this ride. I am glad to have finished this time around. The Venture was fun to ride the whole trip. She got me home safe.
  16. Hey all, Been lurking here for sometime while shopping for 'the one' for me, think I have found it!! A beautiful 2001 rsv with only 11k mi. only complaint is the screaming clutch..... Have read a lot of your input in the tech section and plan on some wrenching, sure I'll have lots of questions for you'll. I have ridden gold wings for years and used to the silky smooth 6 cylinder I guess, but love the looks of these ventures!!!!! I live in central Ar. on scenic hwy 7 later, yammer
  17. I just got off the phone with Tom. He called me to let us know what was going on. First his health. He has 9 broken ribs, collapsed lung (fixed now) Laserated liver, lots of road rash on back, arms and shoulders, also road rash on his helmet. Good thing for the helmet. At this point no surguries needed. He is very sore and on lots of pain killers. He sounded pretty good considering everything. Now for what happened. He was headed south on Hwy 441 when a 93 year old women ran a red light and hit the front of his bike. This caused him to loose contol and pulling the trailer the bike and trailer jackknifed throwing him off the bike which sent him sliding down the road.. He is now out of ICU and like I said sounds in pretty good spirits considering everything. His biggest concern is how to get to his bike and get his belongings after he gets out of the hospital. I will call him later today or maybe tomorrow and remind him that the accident wasn't his fault and that the womens insurance needs to pick up all the costs and rent him a car and such. I am unemployed right now and if I can figure out the money side of it I might ride down and see if I can help him with everything that needs done. Anyway thought everyone would like to know what was going on. Here is his number if anyone wants to call and lift his spirits. 772-260-5431. I will update you when I get more info.
  18. I was looking to lower the front of my bike, checked in the tech forum and found an older post that Freebird and 2Mike2 had posted back in 06, I would like to make a couple of helpful notes: After you have the fairing off be sure you have a good pad on the tank or you will make a couple of dimples as I did! They both mention this, after you have the Triple Tree removed, the top fork covers off and after loosening the 4 Allen screws take a crescent wrench and turn the upper fork tube at the air valve stem to about 9:00, or you will have to loosen and re-due everything as I did after I got the Triple Tree re-installed! I lowered my forks 1 1/8" and it made the valve stem too close to the handlebars to get a air hose on! I had put the Leveling Links on a year ago, it did help in the handling but I have a 29" inseam and was getting harder to handle in the parking lots and at some of the stops, I took the links off and re-installed the factory links, I also had Rick Butler do my seat, I'm now down to a 27" seat height, I put 10# of air in the back and 0# in the front, that would depend on your PP. I took a 250 mile ride yesterday, a lot of up and down and twisty corners, what a difference! The bike seems so much better balanced it's like night and day to me! Another quick note if you have a light bar be sure and be careful getting that back on, it's very easy to strip the threads, I had to re-tap mine!! Be sure and have lots of tools and a good memory. Larry M
  19. Not bike related, but neat to see. There building 90 wind turbine generators a few miles west of here.Took my grandson Jayden over there a week ago in the evening and showed him the makeshift railroad terminal where they unload everything for the top of the towers. The tower section come through our little town on semis everyday. Yesterday, we went during the day, and got to see them unloading some of the 143 foot long blades from the railcars. There's lots of towers started, but I finally found the one they're currently working on the top of. I'm going to take a drive over there this morning and see if I can catch them putting up another blade on it. Can't see this kind of stuff everyday. Later, Scooter Bob
  20. I am starting a Poll to find out witch belt buckle everybody wants , The Stainless Steel from one of our rally supporters , Bill told me his have a life time warranty , no matter what you do to it , he will replace it . it is just like the pic but it will have VentureRider at the top and your name or handle at the bottom, cost $55.00 shipped in US $3.00 more to CAN. PM me me for other countrys Min. to order in lots of 10 The leather one are from Wayne , a local guy here Rockport , the same as the the pic but with your name on it , no warrantry cost $ 35.00 shipped in US $ 3.00 to CAN. Min. to order in lots of 25 If any money is left over I'll hit the donate button Thom
  21. Monty

Back home

We are back home from our 1500 mile trip to Florida. Lots of heat(it was 103 in Macon, Ga yesterday), and lots of smoke from those wildfires. Gonna enjoy my recliner and some AC for a bit. Ahhhhhhhh!
  22. Well, I am kinda thinking about another bike. i love the 86 Venture and would keep it, but I found a NEW 08 RSTD near Seattle for $9800 {craigslist} at a dealer. I also found an 08 Road Star 1700 in Victoria with lots of extras for about the same price. Opinions on the Road Star? it is fuel inj, has belt drive {less mntc and no lash } How do they handle vs the RSTD or the RSV? I think they have less HP but lots of torque with the V-twin......Help! Thanks, Gary sorry, make the header read RoadStar 1700.......
  23. Woke up to this pounding on the roof this morning about 2 inches over night. Any one want some...come get it cause I got lots [ATTACH]57036[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]57037[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]57038[/ATTACH]
  24. I know lots of folks can't stand Facebook, but if you do use Facebook check out the following group. Lots of great questions, responses, etc and we steer them in this direction. Hopefully we pick up some more members. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_21338336667 Yamaha Royal Star Venture and Tour Deluxe Fans, and owners.
  25. Come on by and watch me.... After spending most of the winter taking on the 2nd gear issue and having lots of ups and downs we finally got the bike back together. Hooked it all up with exhaust etc.. Lots of help from folks on the site.. Like Dingy, Dano and Skydoc. Mostly Marcarl.. Anyhow it started right up BUT it makes an enormous racket while in neutral. Goes through the gears fine and quiet in every gear but in neutral it sounds like a metal playing card on bicycle spokes... Looking like I have to pull the motor again which is a BIG job for my limited skills and then chase down the problem and re-assemble. Down time with not riding is going to kill me... Anyhow does anyone have any suggestions as to what I did wrong? Wayne