Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Do you need to drain the oil before pulling the cover? I know there will be some oil lost when doing so, but how much is up there?
  2. made it one hour. New owner lost control and parked in some trees. RandyA UPDATED ? Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it | MotorSportsTalk
  3. I lost one of my seat hold down nuts awhile ago and figured if I replaced it with an original I would lose it again eventually. I picked up a couple of drawer pull knobs for .99 ea. They are all plastic and are not threaded. I just happen to have a 6mm tap so after drilling them(5mm or 13/64") I tapped the hole in the knob. It has been on there quite awhile.It makes removing the seat a breeze and are easy to check and give them a quick twist if needed. Keith
  4. A touching story on how men think…… As she sat by him, he whispered, eyes full of tears, "You know what? You have been with me all through the bad times. When I got fired, you were there to support me. When my business failed, you were there. When I got shot, you were by my side. When we lost the house, you stayed right here. When my health started failing, you were still by my side... You know what Martha?" "What dear?" she gently asked, smiling as her heart began to fill with warmth. "I'm beginning to think you're bad luck."
  5. Computer Down got major virus. From repair forum for weed eater carbs. Warden is working on it and I don!t have a clue. Posting this on her I Pad. I,m lost without computer. May get something done. Has black screen blinking cursor???
  6. I posted the question on the ages of those who ride who are on this site. The youngest was 24 and the oldest was 77, but I lost the record of the guy who was 77. If any of you know of him, or you are the courageous one, ... post here. THEN I'll summarize by 10 youngest and 10 oldest, and groups of 10's inbetween and some of info on wifes/riders on the Queen Seat. Thanks for all your comments and help. I just need this guy's info to complete the list. JackZ
  7. Guest

Lost Key

Okay. Sorry if this has been covered. Lost a key for the RSV so I don't have a spare. Dealer says key code is irrelevant and that he doesn't have a blank. Actually, several dealers said the same thing. Supposedly Yamaha farms out replacement keys. It would appear replacing a key shouldn't be that complicated. Thanks, Boomerbiker
  8. Department of Defense released info that we lost 25 soldiers this week in Afghanistan. Way too many. Way too long. May God Bless our Heroes and look after them for all eternity.
  9. Wow, how many people get to tell that tale? I've only hit a cat quite a few years ago and thought I was fortunate to have not lost it. There is some foul language in the video, so use your own discretion. Bill
  10. Here is what I need help with, in cleaning up my shop I found this part and dont remember where it came from, well I do know it came off of the old fuse holder when I upgraded it with Skydoc's fuse block. So where does it go and what does it do, I havent noticed anything amiss when I am riding. The second part is I lost the battery probe, I went out and bought the resistor for the probe and now I can not find it, does anyone have a spare one they can let me have, I will glady pay for it. Thats it..........
  11. Hi all, I lost the right highway peg off my 89. Anybody have one of these that you want to part with ?
  12. Lost a fellow rider yesterday. http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2012/06/muskegon_motorcyclists_involve.html#incart_river_default Car driver crossed the center line and mowed down 10 of 12 riders in a group killing one and injuring 9. All the riders are from my town and the local club. Remember, the cars are trying to kill us.
  13. yea... I uh... heh... just lost one of my screws, the top right one... it fell into this slot between the inner right panel, and the outer fairing. Sitting there... smiling at me, taunting at me , telling me any hopes of getting him was LOST... which was true. I could not find our magnet, no matter where I looked, all I could find was our bleedin' (literally actually, it still, ahem, has some blood on it) Mop Magnet... so I went at it with pliers, and ended up knocking it SOMEWHERE. I don't know where, I took enough of the right side off to know, its gone (probably wedged somewhere else only to knocked free when I go ride to Madera today) -.-' I got three screws tho! and my K&N is NICE and CLEAN, but... yea.............................
  14. I changed my iPod name to Titanic. It's syncing now. When chemists die, they barium. Jokes about German sausage are the wurst. A soldier who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran. I know a guy who's addicted to brake fluid. He says he can stop any time. How does Moses make his tea? Hebrews it. I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me. This girl said she recognized me from the vegetarian club, but I'd never met herbivore. I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I can't put it down. I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words. They told me I had type A blood, but it was a Type- O. A dyslexic man walks into a bra. PMS jokes aren't funny, period. Why were the Indians here first? They had reservations. Class trip to the Coca-Cola factory. I hope there's no pop quiz. Energizer battery arrested. Charged with battery. I didn't like my beard at first. Then it grew on me. How do you make holy water? Boil the hell out of it! Did you hear about the cross-eyed teacher who lost her job because she couldn't control her pupils? When you get a bladder infection, urine trouble. What does a clock do when it's hungry? It goes back four seconds. I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me! Broken pencils are pointless. I tried to catch some fog. I mist. What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary? A thesaurus. England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool . I used to be a banker, but then I lost interest. I dropped out of communism class because of lousy Marx. All the toilets in New York 's police stations have been stolen. Police have nothing to go on. I got a job at a bakery because I kneaded dough. Haunted French pancakes give me the crepes. Velcro - what a rip off ! Cartoonist found dead in home. Details are sketchy. Venison for dinner? Oh deer ! Earthquake in Washington obviously government's fault. I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure. Be kind to your dentist. He has fillings, too.
  15. Has anyone had their gas cap come apart? I lost a screw most likely in the tank that I,ll have to get out . The other was still there but really loose. anyway the springs in it came out and I wanted to know if anybody knew where they went.
  16. On Sunday 3-11-12 my son lost his life on his new motorcycle. He had just purchased a Suzuki crotch rocket on Saturday. To my knowledge he did not have much (if any) experience riding. He was 41 yrs. old and lived in the mountains of N.C. I was not aware that he was purchasing a bike but I wish I had known. I certainly would have recommended him to take the MSF course before doing too much riding. He was on a long straight road with a hard sweeping left turn and apparently ran into so loose gravel according to the officer on the scene. He went into some trees and was killed instantly. He was my first born son and his passing leaves a huge void in my heart. He had great potential and loved life, he loved hot rod cars and apparently loved his new ride. I share this info with you all because I feel you are extended family in a way. Thanks to all for your support and love. I am confident that he will be in the presence of the Lord and that I will some day join him. I offer a link to his memory. http://maconfuneralhome.frontrunnerpro.com/runtime/4031/runtime.php?SiteId=4031&NavigatorId=61569&op=tributeObituary&viewOpt=dpaneOnly&ItemId=1154809&LinkId=221
  17. If I remember right the setting is .003 to .007 Correct? I have cleaned mine up and noticed that the gap was getting larger. thinking I will try .004 I have lost my info in this. Thanks for any help. Jeff
  18. Caution - - this is a very disturbing video of a vehicle that lost control on what looks to be a slippery 4-lane road and got clocked by an on-coming 18-wheeler. Not sure why this driver lost control (were they texting or impaired in some way? Who knows....), but regardless, I'm posting it to keep us all aware that you just can't be too careful. The only thing that gives any solace to this is that the folks in the SUV never knew what hit them. It's a total explosion. Please be safe out there! http://rmirror.net/r/videos/comments/q5hu9/car_accident_nsfl/
  19. A few years ago i bought some hardware that mounts the saddlebag to my 2005 rstd. They had large hand or palm handles so that you didn't need a allen wrench to remove them. They can be removed with just the twist of the hand. Well i've lost two of the four that are needed for each side. Can't remember where i got them. I've searched the internet but had no luck. Can anyone help with a "link" ?
  20. When my PC went out I lost the link to be able to search Craiglist nationwide. Only way I can find to search it is city by city. Could someone pass the link along to me. Thanks...Karl.
  21. Happy Birthday to my Warden. Don't know where I would be without you sweetheart!! (I'd escape!!) And be lost!! I LOVE YOU!!!:Crazy_139::bighug:
  22. Well after a great day with our VR family I called my mom to check on my grandfather. He was put in the hospital on new year's eve day with a urinary tract infection. The call I made was very short due to my mom telling me he had just died and she was waiting for the funeral home to call her back. This was a bit of a shock to say the least to me. I'm the only one that doesn't live near by. So luckily my brother & his wife were there along with my sister who works in the hospital. I'm very glad we made the trip up for Christmas because that will be my last memory of him. I was hoping to be able to bring my first grandchild up to see him, but it wasn't meant to be. My daughter is due on saturday. I consider myself extremely lucky to have been able to grow up with my grandparents around. I spent a large part of my childhood with them and my grandmother's sisters. I also consider myself lucky that my daughter got to know her great-grandparents so well. My grandfather was born in 1918 after the 1st world war, he was in the 2nd world war. My grandparents dated for 5 years before getting engaged. I know he missed my grandmother terribly after we lost her. He lived on his own for most of the time after we lost her and only recently moved in with my folks (7 months ago). I know he was 94, but I don't think I was really ready for him to be gone yet. With grandma it was a blessing since she had cancer and she didn't really suffer till right before the end. With his passing all those in that generation in my family are gone. My grandparents were always there for me as a child and as an adult. I'll miss them both, but I'll have all those memories to help with the loss. Of course this one will be a bit harder getting over. When we lost grandma we still had him, now they are both gone. Margaret
  23. Not sure I put this in the right forum but couldn't find a "Lost & Found" forum?? IOWEGIAN (AKA DEB), anyone seen her? DEB where are you? Hope all is well. Are you and Gary coming to this years Wisconsin Leaf Lookers? Hope you can make it even for a while, just miss your smiling face. Bryan
  24. We lost both parts of the challenge from NARR group of Alabama, they collected more money than we did and they are only a group of about 36-38 members, we also lost out on the challenge as to who would have the most members there.........they had 2 more than we did and our membership way far out numbers theirs..........shame on us............ Now the real winners were the Kids at St. Jude, we raised a total of $4,420.00, by far exceeding our previous best. The NARR group raised $6,033.59, making the total donation to St. Jude $10,453.59!!!!!!! We met our goal of 10,000.00. and in losing still came away feeling like winners........but the real winners are the kids and the researchers at St. Jude. We also had a chance to interact with a very special patient that wanted to have his picture taken with us. His name is Brayden and is 3 years old and was undergoing treatment while we were there. I will post only 1 picture tonite and its the picture of Brayden and his brother.......this was a special time for us to meet and grant his wish of having his picture taken.
  25. SilvrT

R.I.P.

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:-Knowing when to come in out of the rain; - Why the early bird gets the worm;- Life isn't always fair; - And maybe it was ...my fault. Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies, don't spend more than you can earn and adults, not children, are in charge. His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition. Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion. Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault. Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement. Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife Discretion, his daughter Responsibility, and his son, Reason. He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights,I Want It Now,Someone Else Is To Blame,I'm A Victim.Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, do nothing.