Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. I been reading all the earlier post are audio and still confused My cass does not work, radio only on AM and CB dead dont care about CB I would like to do is pull all out.. amp tuner everything but, all those wires what do i do what them and which wires do i use? What is everyone making to fill the big hole if you pull everything out that looks nice? I like listening to FM and i guess i had to be able to down some music mp3 or ipod (haven't done that yet) What a good system to put in? and would i need a amp? My bike the only thing keeping me from a padded room and some music would really help This is 1st post hope it get to the right place. Thanks for any help and pictures would be great
  2. Currently on my 84 I have a few lights added to the oem setup. I have: 1. the rear light bar which has 8 Baron mini twin running lights 2. a pair of 50 watt driving lights 3. a small amp for my MP3 I have the factory radio turned off. When I drive around with just the amp, the OEM lights & the markers on everything is good. If I turn on the driving lights on the charging drops below 12 volt at 3000 rpm. if I shut them off goes to 13.5. Obviously the light are too much for the charging system. I'm going to replace the bulbs from 2 - 50 watt to something lower. Can somebody tell me what would be the max wattage I should use?
  3. I have 1986 Venutre Royale 28K on the clock. Tape deck sounds ok with stock speakers. Is there anyone upgraded the sound system on the 1st GENs. Please tell me what needs to be done. Maybe 12 in in the side saddle bags and the amp in the top center trunk. I would love to make a Rolling Thumpalounger..
  4. On a recent trip I had a splitter for my Aux input so I could run the GPS and Pandora off my phone. The volume from the GPS was fine but I couldnt seem to get as much out of the phone, even turned way up. I did have my boosteroo with me and tried it but that didnt seem to help much. Is there any kind of amp that can be installed inline or the like for the Aux inputs? If I turn up the phone volume to say the very top the out put get sort of distorted, so I have to give it a couple clicks down. But then you have to run the volume on the bike @ 28-30 to hear it at 70mph.
  5. I think I have my shopping list done. I am adding OEM driving lights to my '07 RSV with this switch: http://www.autoswitch.com/index.php I assume that since the lights are an OEM option, I should not have any issues with amp draw. I am going to put two of these in my faring http://www.3brpowersports.com/PanelTAPP.htm These will power a Garmin and an iPhone. I have a lighter adapter in the back that is rarely used but my wife uses it occassionaly to charge her phone. First, I am thinking my Garmin and phones should be pretty low amp so there should be no alternator issues, correct? I could have Lights, Garmin and iPhone all powered at one time. Second, can I just tap into the lines going into the existing lighter plug to power the two USB's or do I need to run the lines to another source? Thanks for the help - I don't play with electric very often!
  6. When I was installing a digital amp meter I read one members reason to installing the meter directly to the battery by passing the ignition key. His reason was so he could check the meter reading occasionally during the non riding season, incase the battery was not charging he could get a replacement. Well I did that also, but during yesterday's ride I came across another good reason. Rode for an hour and all was fine. Then I noticed that my tack needle was flipping back and forth. Hmmm I thought a tack cable, no it has got to me an electronic gage. Then I noticed that my amp meter was reading 12.4 so I shut my driving lights off. Went to 12.6. Now during the 1st hour I noticed that with out the driving lights my amp reading was 14.1 and with my driving lights it was 13.8. Also the OEM volt gave was down also. Soon I was feeling the engine slightly cutting out but not too bad. I was about 5 miles from the next town. The temp gage was fine. So I figured I would try to make it into town rather than making an emergency stop and take a chance the engine would die and then not get it started again. Got into town and the slower my speed the rougher the engine ran. came about 20 feet from the parking spot and all electric went out and engine died. Scratch my head. Now let me see, last night I added driving lights, rotor lights, front fender lights, and rear trunk guard lights, and the amp gage. Used relay for the driving lights, all the other lights were LEDs except the light that goes around the circumference of the roto, so I did not use relay for them. Used a lighted switch for all. 1 for amp meter, 1 for driving lights and one for all the other lights together. So after calling some members it was thought that the battery might have just totally died. But the strange thing was that the amp meter keep showing 12.5. The 12.5 meant the battery is still good. So I went about check al the fuses, but the key thing was that everything except the amp meter was dead. So then found the main fuse, and it was good. Then there it was. I noticed that the positive terminal screw was loose. The main positive battery cable came off. Now how could that be. Being in a hurry to finish the accessories add ones I missed the hole in the cable and so the cable was wedged on tight. So after about 1 hour ride the cable came loose thus causing the tack fluctuate, the engine to miss, the battery to drain. As long as I was moving a 50 mph the shaking kept the cable bumping again the positive terminal/ When I came to a almost stop the cable was no longer being shaken against the terminal and thus a dead engine. So had I not connected the amp meter directly to the battery, I probably would have tired to locate a Wal-Mart for a new battery. The rest of the ride around Hoods Canel was marvelous. Never rode it before. An after thought, maybe I should carry one of the those hugh main fuses. Under what situation would one of those blow? It looked like it might be a 50 amp to 100 amp fuse, just guessing.
  7. What would you buy? It seems my old battery charger went belly up over the winter. I need something dual purpose for motorcycle battery's and automotive.I had an old Napa charger it done 10 amp and 2 amp charges with a 55 amp start boost but it's dead now.
  8. I got a wild idea with all this talk of amps and radios to change out the radio head unit. I had one with a AM/FM, CD player, Sirius Satellite radio and Aux input. So I carefully removed all the stock stuff and commenced to installing and rewiring for a modern head unit. While I had everything strewn all over the garage I decided to install an amp as well and the requisite control modules for the Sirius Sat radio and what the heck might as well get new speakers too. So here I sit, tired but happy to report the sound system is wired. Now all I need to do is mount the head unit and button everything up. It should be illegal to have this much fun on a weekday System now consists of: Kenwood Head Unit AM/FM/CD/SAT/AUX Kenwood Amp 2 Channel 350W Pioneer Speakers 2-Way 120W
  9. I'm contemplating adding an amp to an 08 RSV, and I'm considering the following two amps: Poly-Planar ME60 - 4 Channel, 120 watt Amplifier: http://www.polyplanar.com/product/me60-4-channel-120-watt-amplifier-volume-control and Poly-Planar ME400D - Class D Power Amplifier (125w x 4 ch) http://www.polyplanar.com/sites/default/files/documentation_pdfs/me-400d.pdf Anyone have any experience with either? What amplifier did you install on your bike? Happy with it? Thanks for any and all comments/suggestions.
  10. Finally finished installing a Alpine amp, and speakers. And i am pleased with the results it nice to cruz down the inter state at 80mph and here the radio nice and clear with out all that distortsion. Speakers are Alpine SPS-400 140watts peak - 45 wattsRMS and the amp is a Alpine KTP-445 45W RMSX4 It took some doing but finally have it in and working. Its only 2.5"WX1.75"HX7"L so it fit nicely in the front farring. It comes as a plug in to the Alpine stero so i had to cut off the plugs and Hard wire it. And that was the worst part of it.No wire diagram for the amp. A 2hr job that took 4days.
  11. I want to be able to use my GPS ( BT paired with phone) and XM at the same time. I understand from reading previous post there is a limitation when more than one device on the "AUX"...I see where some have used an inline amp which will correct this issue. The question- I want to be able to use the CB radio also- I understand that you can use a mic-splitting cable (Buddy Rich Cable)- to interface with the GPS-however will this setup work ? GPS with BR cable ( to allow for phone functionality) - XM- connected to the inline amp. Will you be able to use the CB radio with full functionality ? I am thinking this may be a reach, but if you do not ask. You will never know. Thanks..... 09 Venture
  12. So I've ruled out a 20 kw generator for I can do what I want with a 10 kw portable generator. I found a TriPower generator that has 3 independent fuel system (gas/propane/natural gas). I just spoke to a sales rep and he described the switching process from one fuel system to the other. One does not need to purchase any additonal generator accessory to do this. I currently have a 500 gal propane tank to just heat my home including hot water tank. It would be nice to have both source of fuel (Gas & Propane) I hope to purchase one before this coming fall. http://www.unitedgenerator.com/proddetail.php?prod=HPS12000HE So my general plan is to move all the 30/40/50 breakers from my main panel to a sub panel and feed the sub panel with say a 125 amp breaker from the main panel with a transfer box. Then move all my 15/20 amp breakers to a sub panel and feed it with a 100 amp breaker from the main panel with a transfer box. With power management I would think that I could power all my power needs during an emergency. Opinions welcome.
  13. Can i change the circuit breaker from 5 amps to say 15_20 amps without blowing up the electrical system? I need to run a 12 volt air pump which has blown the 5 amp fuze tout de suit (PDQ) both times i've tried. Any thoughts? FF
  14. So it would appear that the right channel of my amp is toast. Would anyone have a 1st Gen amp they would be willing to part with at a reasonable price? (I have thought about buying a complete new system and trashing the whole stock radio but I am stuck on having the ability to go to headset anytime I like and having GPS Bluetooth phone capabilities, thanks to my Buddy Rich cable. I partly blame Buddy Rich for my dilemma. ) Thanks, Thomas
  15. I have been working on my bike, got my cb working and radio working but I am unsure about the radio. Does this radio require an amp to get sound to the speakers? The radio comes to life and goes thru all the functions like it should but puts out no sound. I checked the speakers and they are in good condition. So my question is where is the amp if there is one, or what is it I might be doing wrong?
  16. does anybody know where i can get the wire diagram for a 2006 RSV radio and AMP?
  17. well my radio went bad the third week of April took it to the dealer they sent it off told me it would be 4 to 6 weeks so i said ok well 9 weeks later got the controler back it was good so they wanted my amp so they took it off and sent it off a little bit after the 4th of july so now its been 15 weeks. so today i called to see if they had lost my number so i got the service manager on the phone and he started to apolgize about how he didnt follow up on it and that he would call clairon right away and that it shouldnt have been this long. an hour later i get a call back from the dealer he said he just got off the phone with them and they told him that they had no idea what he was talking about so he gets the tracking info and faxes them the tracking number and who signed for it on what day and time so guess what they have lost my AMP he says he told them that that wsant good enough that his costomer (me) has been waiting for 15 weeks and wanted to know what they plan to do about it so guess what they said that they would send me a brand new one in two days so after 24 weeks i finaly get to hear music:680: again.
  18. Are the radio units ( amp and tuner) the same between all 1st gen Ventures? The radio in my 83 VR has given up and I need a replacement. I see some on EBAY for other years and they look the same buy will they plug into my amp and radio display and work?
  19. Again, thanks for all the help yesterday. I got the wires spliced and bought a 50amp toggle switch as per the tech. library. Question is, I had grip heaters and already have a toggle switch mounted on the plastic cover over the gas cap. I have no idea how many amps it is? It was mounted to heat my grips and had both a low and high setting. I no longer use the heaters and have removed them, but left the switch. Can I us this toggle switch instead of mounting another? Do I really need a 50 amp switch?
  20. Has anyone installed one of these ? http://store.bazooka.com/Assets/ProductImages/382.jpg MC-YAM-AMK - Yamaha Venture 99-07 4 Channel Motorcycle Amp Kit Model #: MC-YAM-AMK Already upgraded your speakers, but still not enough? The NEW Bazooka motorcycle amp kit includes our FAST-YAM Plug and Play interface cable with OEM connectors that plug directly into the factory Yamaha harness, and our 4 channel 200W amplifier. This allows for seamless integration of the amplifier into the Yamaha system and maintains full use of all factory handle bar controls. The MC-YAM-AMK motorcycle audio kit works on all Venture bikes. Includes auxiliary output plug for an optional amplified BTA6100 Bazooka Bass Tube subwoofer that can be installed into the trunk. (BTA6100 and FAST-HON-SIK subwoofer installation kit sold separately) This Amp Kit is 2 Ohm stable and works with any brand of speakers whether 2 ohm or 4 Ohm. If someone did how bad was the install and how did you like it after. Looking for some better tunes and sound. I have the polk speakers front now but would like more.
  21. Hey all gurus out there. I was wondering if anyone could please give me the pin out for the tuner port (8-pin din) on the 1st gen amp. I'm thinking about pulling both the cassette AND the tuner and just replacing them with a standard car stereo. If you look at the electronics it doesn't seem like it would be that hard. The power/volume control for the amp and the intercom all go directly to the amp and the tuner is a separate unit that could conceivably be pulled. All I need to know is the pin out on the amp. I would end up with two volume control knobs but that won't bother me. If I get the pin out and do this mod I'll be sure to include pictures and directions on how do it for anyone else who might be interested.
  22. I am looking for a windshield bag for a 07 tour deluxe? Does anyone have one that they are willing to sell? Looking to put and amp in it for some muisc. Thanks in advance.
  23. I removed the fuse to replace it.(blown) I lost it, does anybody know what size it is? Did I see 5 amp someplace?
  24. I'm looking to get a new set of speakers for my bike (Soundstorm F240's) for a great price. They seem to look great, and have great specs regarding what I'm looking for. However, I'm not sure what the output is on the radio amp? I'm gonna guess it's less than 50 watts as most cars in that time period usually had 35 watt amps from the factory. Thanks in advance, WHCC
  25. Would there be any advantage to having both a volt and amp gauge? If not, which would be better to have?