Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. OK...now I have your attention I should mention that I am not afraid nor looking for someone to be brave. What I need is a single ball bearing steel ball. I have a "princess auto", air and hydraulic bike table lift with a release pedal. probably made in China The pedal pulls a pin on bottom of the hydraulic bottle which allows a steel ball to open a port, releasing the pressure and allowing the oil to flow thru an outlet port back into the reservoir. I lost that steel ball and you wouldn't believe the problems I have been having trying to find a replacement. Princess Auto themselves were no help....and the manual doesn't specify the size. or where you can order parts One company would only sell me a bag of 100 for $12.95 It is deep inside the base but as near as I can eyeball it with my micrometer it is 0.141" or 3.62 mm. Closest match is 1/8" which is .125" or 3.19 mm If anyone has one single ball bearing or a few different ones around that size and would be willing to throw it in an envelope and mail it to me I would appreciate it!!!!! The lift is useless without it. The shaft that pushes the ball bearing into the port to plug the pressure has a bad o'ring...so it leaks like a sieve. That's why I pulled it apart. That shaft is Spring loaded...I never even saw the ball bearing go flying out.
  2. Last Sunday wasn't such a nice day in the northeast. Desided good day to do a little cleaning. Got to Lowe's when it opened and picked up a few supplies: Heavy duty ecologically friendly cleaner. An aluminum, chrome and stainless steel cleaner polisher. 00 grade steel wool rated pads. Got home, made some coffee, got some tunes going in the garage, parked my rump on the floor and got at it. Front wheel Picture 1 - Before Picture 2 - After heavy duty cleaning Picture 3 - After maybe 10 minutes of aluminum cleaner and scrubbing Pics 4 and 5 - Worked on front right fork too. Front wheel (rims only) + front right fork = 4 hours It ain't new but pretty happy with results. Even looks faster. Me thinks me needs a few more rainy days though.
  3. Well folks I've been a busy boy these last few weeks building some projects just for the Hannigan trikers here. Those being : 1. A lift adapter so the trike can be used with a conventional ATV motorcycle jack. It's designed & used the same as my Standard & Freestanding lift adapter I sell for the 2 wheelers. The only difference is it's longer and has a 4 point lift support location on the adapter to pick these trikes up. My Sears red jack worked just fine for picking up Ragtop69gs / Jay & Jeanies trike. 2. An auxiliary gas tank system. It will be a complete bolt on system complete with everything needed in a kit form. The kit will consist of a 5.25 gallon tank, electric fuel pump w/ in-line filter, a fuel shut off solenoid, 30amp relay, in-line fuse holder & fuse, a custom made stainless steel switch mount and waterproof rocker switch, wiring harnesses with soldered connections & shrink tube terminals, hoses & clamps as required, a polished stainless steel flip top gas cap with stainless screws, and a full set of instructions with pictures for the install. The tank is made of 16 gauge steel & will be pressure tested as well as sealed using Caswell gas tank sealer. 3. A hitch assembly using heavy wall 1 1/4" tubing. Pics and more info to follow, Larry
  4. I got a new neighbor that wants to be freindly. Must not have talked to others yet. Or maybe he isn't a Doper. I can only hope. Any way he asked how to keep Corrosion from happening between Steel and aluminum. I know this was discussed at length on here but brain don't want to pull that file!!
  5. wow, I now know what a burnt clutch looks like.. and its not a pretty sight.. If you recall I burnt out the clutch while on an advanced rider course the other weekend and ended up with so little clutch travel that it made riding the bike difficult trying to 'ride the clutch' in everyday slow maneuvers.. This was a PCW clutch mod I had installed last July, and probably have over 20,000 miles on it? (I did over 33,500 miles on the bike last summer alone, not bad for someone up in the great white north!) I pulled the clutch apart tonight and did an oil change at the same time as a precaution. The friction plates were smoothed out and the steel plates were BLACK!! with a tinge of blue here and there.. ouch.. no wonder!! In installed new friction and steel plates.. I didn't cross hatch sand the steel plates thinking that this would wear down the friction pads prematurely.. I dunno.. I have to go back tomorrow and whack smack dopey idiot at the parts counter for ordering the wrong Clutch Cover Gasket, which I paid extra for expedited delivery.. I reused the old, which is something you should never do! but you know how it is.. when you're geographically located exactly 2 weeks away from any source of Yamaha parts, you have to do what you have to do.. Perhaps Earl's parts will arrive sooner.. Regardless, someone tomorrow is gonna get an earful. However, with the new clutch installed, new oil in the bike, I have tons of clutch lever travel and a HUGE friction zone again! Better than that micro 1/4 inch play I had before. And the bike rides a lot smoother now, wow, impressive.. I'm guessing I did something to that clutch late last fall because as I was riding it since March this year, there was a weird shudder whenever in 5th on the highway.. now it's really GONE and the mirrors are glass smooth.. wow.Must have been the clutch shuddering.. And when I did the course it was all it could take and died.. odd.. Wondering if any of the several oils I tried might have contributed to it.. ? Anyway.. fun is fun as what it is.. I think the photo shows how black the steel disks are.. they start as bright brushed aluminum colour, but wow, from dark brown to black..
  6. Hello everyone: I have a project I'm working on. I am trying to put an 87 trunk onto my 84. The color matches and I have almost all the 85 hardware to make it work. The only things I need are the two pieces of steel that hold the trunk to the locks on the rack. If anyone has an 85 trunk that is broken or in bad shape and would be willing to part with some of the hardware I'd be extremely happy.
  7. Bet you watch this one twice! ----- Don’t know if these people have nerves of steel or brains of mush… Http://forum.gon.com/showpost.php?p=5445396&postcount=1
  8. I just completed building a "lift frame" for my 2008 Venture. I would like to thank "Carbon one" for his pictures and diagram of his lift frame. It really helped me out in making mine. Carbon one used 1&1/4" tubing for his lift frame. I was a little uncomfortable with this size tubing so I really when over the edge for strength. I used 2" X1/4" thick square steel for the main frame and the 1&1/4 for the cross beams. I also installed an additional support cross member. Its simple to build and I will be writing up an article with pictures to put in our site here for all to see and possibly use. Hope that is helps someone out. If you need the directions now with pictures you can write me at Dan4852@aol.com and I will send you photo's and a diagram. I feel very secure with my bike up in the air with the 2" steel framing. The bike is perfectly level and very secure. Note: Because I used the 2" steel framing with the 1&1/4 on top for cross beams I was unable to get it fully under the bike. My motorcycle jack would not go down any more so I raised the bike up by driving it up on running board. Just a little heigth was all I needed. It went right under then and up went the bike. I get goose bumps with the 2' steel beams!! ha ha
  9. :sign20:This morning got up to go . You know how it is ,You only had 4 hours of sleep, you get ready, jump in the SUV, pick up your friend ,he's in the same condition you are, walk to you favourite fishing hole, drill the holes, 6 inches of ice ,safe enough and still half asleep realizing that your body is sort of freezing ,Your minnow are frozen to the ice. your coffee is frozen and the Kobassa is like a steel bar, winds are 20-25 kph and your cheeks are numb. Call the weather office from the lake its -27c and the windshield factor is -35C Packed up and go home to thaw out Im still thawing out
  10. Anyone have a suggestion of where to find either aluminum or mag 8" trailer wheels? I would think they'd be available all over the place, but not coming up with anything on the web.... I'd like to replace the steel wheels on the trailer with something that looks better...
  11. The BUB's on my 03 RSV had been getting louder and this season the packing must have eaten itself because they sound louder then ever. On the Venturers site someone posted a pictorial on how to repack them and what to buy, which I did. I also took this opp to paint the peeling chrome tips flat black. I bought two kits from Moose Products, $25 each. Each kits comes with stainless steel screen material, stainless steel padding and a lot of fiberglass matting. For Bub's, there is way more then enough fiberglass material in one kit for both mufflers but not enough of the other material. It did come with replacement rivets, that was appreciated. $50 though? Not again. Anyway, it was easy, only requiring the rubber mallet and a good amount of persuasion to get the baffle out of the shell but they eventually gave way, then the tips popped off the baffles easily. I expected better results through. Audio/Video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhVj6wrDz0E]YouTube- Repacking Bub Mufflers on a Yamaha Royal Star Midnight Venture[/ame] http://lh4.ggpht.com/_9EMyKcng_yA/S5wTwlUlxCI/AAAAAAAADaQ/mHR4FzTR4Sc/s800/P3130615.JPG http://lh5.ggpht.com/_9EMyKcng_yA/S5wTxBdwTuI/AAAAAAAADaU/_aq0iK7Bctk/s800/P3130616.JPG http://lh4.ggpht.com/_9EMyKcng_yA/S5wTxZj2RWI/AAAAAAAADaY/c4HxHw0pUlE/s800/P3130617.JPG http://lh5.ggpht.com/_9EMyKcng_yA/S5wTx7CJIgI/AAAAAAAADag/FQkvS5vUY5I/s800/P3130624.JPG http://lh5.ggpht.com/_9EMyKcng_yA/S5wUE9BNctI/AAAAAAAADao/ZgNtYKOvR5E/s800/P3130623.JPG http://lh5.ggpht.com/_9EMyKcng_yA/S5wUFiUC5aI/AAAAAAAADa0/0V3VIf7Xaj0/s800/P3130635.JPG
  12. dunvilsteev

Tiny Artist

http://www.guzer.com/videos/needle-art.php This is pretty cool! Talk about nerves of steel.
  13. Hi All, any ideas on how to get rid of the discolouration on my valve covers (and some other engine pieces)? I have seen a suggestion that paint remover and steel wool be used, but that seems awfully aggressive on these soft aluminum parts. Any suggestions?
  14. I have a clearview windshield with a vent. The vent has lost steel ball that adjusts the vent open and close, the spring is still there. Has anyone replaced the steel ball? Need to know size and where to get one. Thanks
  15. I need to put 2 new rivets in one of my bub mufflers to hold the chrome tip on. I was told not to use aluminum however, if I use steel, they will rust. I haven't seen any stainless steel rivets. Has anyone had trouble with using aluminum? Like I said, I don't want them to rust. Not attractive. Thanks Greg
  16. Thom

i am needy

i broke the upper clamp on my Marklands , you can see the one with the broken clamp and what it looks like whole on the other one , i need to beg , borrow , or steel one but i would prefer to buy one from someone . me and my bad knees would be very thankful ! Thom
  17. Hello, I have a damaged lower triple tree on my '87 VR. Mine is aluminum . I got one on Ebay that is steel yet is supposedly off an '88. Maybe I was sent a Vmax tree? Did they change these on the Venture and if so, when? I would have thought the 1200s may be steel but not the 1st gen.1300. As you know the Venture 1300 got heavier and Yamaha likely went to aluminum from the original steel.Can you 1st gen guys PLEASE check with a magnet if your lower tree is steel or aluminum. I will try to post a poll. Bottom line, I need a good aluminum lower tree like mine. And with everyone's feedback I will know which years to surely not to look at on Ebay. Thanks in advance. Email me if you wish.
  18. Trying to decide which of these "Safety Chrome" items to get....been looking for a while... Ebay product is Polished Aluminum..... about $155.00 to Virginia... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-YAMAHA-XVZ13-ROYAL-STAR-VENTURE-RADIATOR-GRILLE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1494Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem270370394405QQitemZ270370394405QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories The other is by "Custom World International"...Cruiser Customizing has it for $120.00 to Virginia...Chromed Steel....Phat Performance has them for about $145.00 plus delivery.... http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?model_ID=42&Category_ID=7&manufacturer_ID=6&product_ID=22764 Anyone here have either of these and could you comment about Polished Aluminum versus..Chromed Steel.....No Rust on Aluminum....Right>>>>> Thanks in advance George In Virginia
  19. I am working on a "science project" in my garage this summer. I need two matching steel brake rotors from a motorcycle. Larger diameter would certainly be better. My only requirement is that rotors must be of some material where a magnet will stick to it. Used and abused is fine. Cheaper is better. If someone has a couple of scrap rotors in their garage, I'd like to make an offer. If you must know, I am trying to make a small scale eddy current dynamometer. I want to compare the "performance" of thin motorcycle rotors to the ford mustang rotors I am currently using.
  20. got some really good advice from you guys,went and bought a set of used roadking mufflers($40 with clamps,and put them on my bike,made brackets from 1/8 "x 1 1/2" steel and they sound great and were easy to put on.sounds great and looks stock:banana: thanks to the guys on this site
  21. I'm going to temporarily suspend lift adapter production due to me needing to finish my kitchen & utility room remodeling and the upcoming hunting season. I do have a couple of the Standard models boxed and ready for shipping but no Freestanding models until I purchase more steel and get them built. Hopefully I'll have some more ready before Thanksgiving but deffineately before the 1st of next month. At any rate they'll be available for putting under the X-Mas tree. Thanks in advance, Larry
  22. I could not attach pictures to your message, so I will try here. I took a piece of steel tubing that was the same inside diameter as the steel wheel and used the outside diameter to determine the hole size needed in the stand foot. I put the sleeve in and welded is so it is still as strong as before. I placed it so the wheel is about 1/8th inch lower than the bottom of the foot. I then used a grade 8 bolt thru the sleeve and wheel. I can take two fingers and with minimal pressure on the side of the trunk, I can spin the bike around on smooth concrete. RandyA
  23. I have an 01 RSV, are the rotors made of stainless steel. It's time for new pads and the ones I'm looking at say for stainless steel rotors only.
  24. Well I'm in need of a travel mug for my morning coffee fix. Went on a search on the internet and didn't really see much. Here are the two I ordered for comparison. OXO - usually has good stuff. Doesn't have a handle so I figure the wife can use it. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips-LiquiSeal-Travel/dp/B0011SBHV6/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_4]Amazon.com: OXO Good Grips LiquiSeal Travel Mug - Stainless Steel: Kitchen & Dining[/ame] Nissan - Looks pretty good but I'll need to try it out before I'm sold. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Steel-Leak-Proof-Travel-Mug/dp/B000FDP13I/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1]Amazon.com: Thermos Nissan 14-Ounce Leak-Proof Travel Mug, Smoke Color: Health & Personal Care[/ame] As you can see, I want stainless steel and leak proof. Any other ideas?