Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 15 results

1. I have an 06 Venture. Got on the bike yesterday and get 1 click at the starter. I charged the battery and still the same 1 click. Took the battery in and it checks out as good and fully charged. Checked battery connections and still only one click at the starter. Everything else works,lights are bright and etc. I am not sure where to look for the problem. Any advise is appreciated.
  2. I'm dusting off the venture and bringing it out of mothballs. Bike was stored at my folks house this winter so I didn't get a chance to charge the battery every so offten this season so the battery is pooched. I bought a new battery from VIP yesterday and filled it with the acid. My question is how long should it take for the first charge i'm slow charging it at 2amps but i think it read charged alot sooner then I expected. Only took maybe 5 hours I thought for our bikes it would take over night atleast.
  3. J Bird did an excellent job and I am surprised at how low he charged. Any other rally could have at least doubled the cost easily.
  4. Just to chime in get home in one pice shortlu after 11 AM (CST) Man did we have blast once again or what ? This year we even have Stripers ??? Pond Monster aper only at full moon, to moonshine, so who was luckey to be present has spectacular view of pond monster making bubles in the middle of Loch Nelson. Thanks Don and Eileen, for hosting event to keep our batteries charged until next year.
  5. Two weeks ago my 09 VSR stopped running as battery was dead, and Kreggerdoodle came and saved my wife and I. The battery was original so, it was about 3 years old. So I bought a new battery from Wally World. The bike has been working fine and seemed to be running well and I have been checking with a volt meter so seemed to be charged, because the battery was @ 13 volts. My wife and I went from Katy to Lexington, TX, yesterday about 100 miles and as we got there the battery died on us again. We made it where we needed to be, after being stranded on the road for a short time. A very nice woman gave us a ride to where our friends were @ a bar b q cook off. My buddy took me to the bike where we jumped it and I brought it over to where they were at and I charged the battery for about 4 or 5 hours on a trickle charger. We started going home and made it about 60 miles and shed died on us again. Had to call AAA and had her towed home. So my question to everyone is: Does anyone have any suggestions as to what can be draining the battery or why it won't hold a charge, or not charging. The bike is still under warranty but I am reluctant to take it to the dealer as I like to fix things myself if possible. I would really appeciate any input I can get. Thanks, Hal
  6. I am a member of BACA. This past week we had a brother in our sister chapter lose his life. He and several other BACA members were at a bar celebrating a birthday. At the end of the night he and several other members were trying to keep a guy from driving off in his semi. Fubar was on the back of the truck trying to disengage the airlines to keep the truck from moving, the guy took off and Fubar fell under the rear wheels and was run over. He was pronounced dead on the scene. THe truck driver has been charged with manslaughter. This has been a really difficult time. Prayers would really be appreciated for his widow Cargo. Thanks Dr. Psycho
  7. Looks like they finally charged that guy that killed the bikers over there! Driver Charged In 4 Motorcycle Fatal Crash POSTED: 10:59 am CDT September 24, 2010 UPDATED: 12:13 pm CDT September 24, 2010 http://www.kcci.com/sh/images/hearst/icons/email_story_icon.gif Email http://www.kcci.com/sh/images/hearst/icons/print_story_icon.gif Print http://www.kcci.com/sh/images/hearst/icons/ulocal_story_icon.gif Comments (18) http://www.kcci.com/sh/images/hearst/buttons/share_icons.gif LOGAN, Iowa -- Charges have been filed against the man investigators said is responsible for the deaths of four motorcyclists along Interstate 29 last month. http://www.kcci.com/images/structures/buttons/button_enlarge.gif http://www.kcci.com/2010/0917/25049143_240X180.jpgAndrew Schlictemeier Andrew Schlictemeier is charged with four counts of homicide by vehicle.A warrant was issued for his arrest. However, he's expected to turn himself in by noon on Saturday, according to the Harrison County Attorney's Office. http://www.kcci.com/images/structures/buttons/button_enlarge.gif http://www.kcci.com/2010/0924/25146404_240X180.jpgInterstate 29 Crash On August 2, 2010 Schlichtemeier was charged in the head-on crash near Little Sioux on Interstate 29 on Aug. 2. The initial crash report said his blood-alcohol level was 0.373, more than four times the legal limit.Schlictemeier was convicted of drunken driving in 2008 and had a Breathalyzer removed from the ignition of his car months before the crash, law enforcement authorities said.Look for updates on this developing story here on KCCI.com. Bryan
  8. Actually it just stopped working... gradually. So I knew it had a leak. Took it over to the Firestone Store to have it charged. They reported two leaks. One in the Compressor and one of the valves. To fix it?? A grand. I don't think so.... Went to another repair shop recommended by my son-in-law. He said they all leak a little, charged it up, and replaced one schraeder. $60 bucks total. Firestone has lost any of my future business..... Should I stop by and tell 'm where to stick it....??
  9. Since installing my gauges, I'm wondering if the readings are ok. While running the passing lamps my volt meter reads about 12.3-12.5 Is that enough output to keep things charged up?
  10. Ok guys, have got a problem of something running the batt. down in a very short period to time. Just put a new batt. in and charged it approx. 8-10 hrs. on a battery tender untill fully charged. Rode bike about 6 hrs. on Saturday came home and put in garage until following Wed. Went out to ride, and batt was dead! Put it back on batt. tender and let it charge again untill fully charged. Battery tender shut down as it is supposed to do and is still on batt. in maintenance mode. Am afraid to take bike out until I find out what the problem is. Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated. Don H 77
  11. Scooter

Cordless

Just installed the Chatterbox Xbi-2 headsets on both of our helmets. Anxious to try them out as soon as Ronda gets off of work. No more cords. I've tried it out with my cell phone and works great, now as soon as the bluetooth adapter is charged, I'll try it with an I-pod.
  12. We all know the Odyssey but what about these? http://www.bigcrank.com/ Code: BIG-ETX18L Price:$74.95 Premium quality absorbed glass mat technology (AGM) is ideal for ATVs, motorcycles, personal watercraft & snowmobiles. The Big Crank Power Sports AGM Battery was designed for more than performance; it was designed for the enthusiast. Completely spillproof and leakproof; frequent replacement and high maintenance are over! The AGM technology increases power while improving rider and environmental safety. The key to this technology is the highly porous microfiber separators, which completely absorb and trap the electrolyte. Molded top and side connection terminals provide versatility, increased strength and durability. The Big Crank Power Sports AGM Battery provides the most advanced power and value in the industry. Specs: Length: 8 1/8in. Width: 3 9/16in. Height: 6 3/8in. 12 Volt 20 Ah @ 10hr rate 300 CCA Replaces: YIX50L-BS, Y50-N18L-A-CX, Y50-N18L-A-LM, Y-50-N18L-A, Y50-N18L-A3, SY50-N18L-AT ETX18L equivalent Features: Sealed, Maintenance-Free Leakproof/Spillproof Ships fully charged ready to install Environmentally friendly, 100% recyclable Vibration Resistant Design Fully Charged out of the box 1 Year Warranty Made in the USA
  13. is anyone else having problems with being "double charged, " or "charged for services ":bang head:that you didn't sign up for? just jt
  14. I am at a buddies place trying to help him out. He has a 99 RSV. Had his bike idling and all of a sudden it stopped. Now he has no power. No lights,,,, nothing. Checked battery and it is fully charged showing 12.9 volts. Disconnected ALL accessories. ZIP, NOTHING. HELP! What should I be looking for??? Thanks Thor (Greg)
  15. Not Venture Related, but I thought some of you gearheads may be interested in a 26 Minute lecture I gave at U of M on Turbo Charger driven Alternators and one particular type of CVT which is currently found in the toyota prius and the ford escape. The lecture is in three parts, each about 9 minutes, and overlap slightly. Constructive / Non constructive critism is appreciated. Also, if youn click on the little grey button in the corner of the veiwing screen, you will toggle to full screen mode. Part 1 of 3 [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ouzlUW9EKE]YouTube - Turbo Charged Alternator and CV Transmissions Part 1 of 3[/ame] Part 2 of 3 [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLVNFhFxjuA]YouTube - Turbo Charged Alternator and CV Transmissions Part 2 of 3[/ame] Part 3 of 3 [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPiJoP2RbcI]YouTube - Turbo Charged Alternator and CV Transmissions Part 3 of 3[/ame]