Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. I am in need of a set of original mufflers for my 97 RSTD. if anyone has a set lying around. My headers are fine. Just need the slip on. Thanks
  2. Just got a USED set of BUBS. It appears that the slip-ons will not slide on far enough to accomodate the bolt lining up. I can see the muffler is hitting a stop that is welded. So Is there something I need to do differently? I think I have to cut the Very small amount off the mating end of the slip on. Any help would be appreciated.
  3. This is open to gather experience about all bikes - any manufacturer - any model. I've been told by someone on another board that it is common for front forks to loosen then slip & ride up in the Trees. This is new information to me. In all my years of experience & all the fellow riders I've met & known, I have not heard of any factory motorcycle forks slipping in their mounts. So please... I'd really like to hear from people that have had factory installed forks slip. Then I will have learned something & have grown. Anyone? Slipped fork or forks? Please share your experience(s) & details. Help me change my mind on this slippage. Please - I'd be happy to change my mind. In fact, I'd be relieved to change my mind. JohnB
  4. Anyone interested in trading 4-2-4 slip on mufflers for your stock mufflers? http://images.leatherup.com/imagesproc/129977_H_SH315_MW355.jpg
  5. I want to get me some pipes for my RSTD (slip ons) but I don't want nothing loud like drag pipes or some high pitched sound,I'm looking something that is just a little louder than stock.I want some pipes that have a good deep throaty sound but not to loud when I'm going down the road so they don't get on my nerves when I'm on a long trip.From what I read I don't think I would want Barons,so any feed back would be great!! Thanks:confused24:
  6. I looked for this for a while. Haven't tried it yet and orginal poster is no longer around. I had to replace mine awhile back and I made my own from some 1 1/4" ID copper tubing. there are two ways to do it. 1) cut two pieces 1" long, split one longitudinally and slip it over the uncut one then solder the cut 2) cut a piece 1" long and then get a union sleeve, grind off the inside ridge and slip over the cut tubing. Works great, no problems or leaks for a couple years now.
  7. Looking for aftermarket slip ons...maybe from a member that thought they were too loud? From reading...I'd guess Barons first, maybe Bubs...but open. I'll search through the normal channels as well, thanks. Bill
  8. Just took my RSV out of the shop after winter upgrades. It is running great, however, ..... When I hit it hard, the darn clutch slips. I have an upgraded Skydoc17 spring and have done the Freebird mod. If I drive normally, it doesn't slip. But if I really hammer it, the clutch slips in second and third gear. I was travelling too fast at the time to see if it would also slip in fourth, but I'm sure it will. I am looking for a solution so I don't have to deal with this every couple of years. OK, the question is: Barnett clutch with coil springs? Is that the most solid solution? Getting to the point that I don't care about the cost. RR
  9. I bought a water proof case for my GPS to mount on my handlebar studs (Snagglestuds! Shameless I know). Clamp mount works good, case fits fine, BUT the slip connection is not a lock type that snaps on, just friction. Now I'm not a fan of grabbing at things as they come loose. So some sort of lanyard was going to be needed to be fashioned in case, just in case that puppy popped off. I was at the store today and I passed one of those bargin bins that had a bunch of those stretchy straps with the slider that slip over the ends of the ear pieces of your glasses to hang them around your neck for .50 cents. Well the light popped on. Back at the house it took all of ten mintues for fix it up is it's easy on - easy off. The slip connection don't work loose anymore. A stretchy strap A couple of small key rings A couple of zip tie stick-on zip tie mounts and it was done. Under a couple bucks for a little extra secuity for the toys you paid good money for. Mike
  10. Well, I think it's time I address the slipping clutch. If I ride the bike normally the clutch does not slip at all. If I dump clutch it or rev it up to 6500 and speed shift you can feel it slipping. I don't want to race the bike but I don't want to have the clutch slip if I am in a situation where it would prove bad. Is there anything I should be looking for outside of the clutch (i.e. worn slave cylinder or faulty master cylinder)?
  11. Just bought an 05 Venture 2 weeks ago and its too quiet. I bought a set of Monster Ovals that fit Harley touring bikes. I have been doing alot of reading up on this procedure. I bought the 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 chrome clamps that everyone uses to get the slip ons to mount to the stock head pipe. My problem is that once I put the clamp where it is supposed to be there is about 1 1/2 inch of head pipe showing between the stock heat shield and the new clamp. I can slide the clamp all the way to the heat shield and cover this gap but then the slip on wont fit over the stock header pipe because its too long. Anyone else run into this before?
  12. I don't know if it is because of the shopping season or what but I am getting slammed with spammers trying to join the forum. I typically block about 4 or 5 a week but right now, I'm intercepting about 20 per day. They try to create bogus accounts, mostly using Gmail and a few Yahoo. I have a system in place that looks at several variables and automatically places suspect requests to join into a moderation hold. I then have to check them and determine if they are legit or spammers. It's not a bit deal but there are just a LOT lately. I hope that none slip through the cracks but if so, I will delete them as soon as I see them posting any trash. Please know that even if one slips through, they have no access to your email addresses or other personal information unless you have actually posted it. The members list and etc. are restricted to supporting members.
  13. I have searched the forums for info on the LA Chopper slip ons but not mush out there. Does anybody have these and do you like them?
  14. OK so some of you might remember my DAD rapid rod starting a post about me loosing 5th gear 5 miles into my trip. I planned this trip for over a year and there was no way I was cancelling. What really took me by suprise is that I ride my bike at least 6 days a weeks. We got on the road leaving Las Vegas and I felt the tranny slip for a fraction of a second as I was passing a car in overdrive. After this tiny slip the bike kept driving fine but my gut told me something was going wrong. We continued to Sacramento CA about 500 miles away and as we entered town I felt the exact same slip but it was about a quarter second longer than the first slip I felt. The feeling in my stomach got worse. We went to dinner and I mentioned the slip to the guys and everyone kinda wrote it off as nerves, but like I said I ride the bike everywhere so I am pretty in tune with it at all times. I didnt get much sleep that night because this was bothering me so much. The next morning as we got on the freeway and I shifted into 5th....NADA. Was like I shifted into neutral. I thought the trip was over. Contacted my dad and he started doing research and said that as long as I stayed under 75 the bike would be fine until I got home. Well we rode 3,560 miles into Canada VIA the pacific coast. Rode the border and dropped into Glacier national park. Made it home with absolutely no problems. My bike had been averaging 32 mpg but on this trip I actually averaged 39mpg with a high of 44mpg????curious. now the task of finding out what went wrong. I am going to start ripping the bike apart and any advice would greatly be appreciated. The bike is a 2003 venture with 61000 miles on it and I ride it like a grandpa LOL very rarely do I push it hard so the tranny issue is puzzling. Thanks everyone.
  15. Reed

Clutch ????

I have notsed that my clutch lever has been getting less free play "for say." So I was thinking it is time to change the fluid. Did that about 3000 miles ago. Now it started it again. Went to the steeler, thay changed it again. Sed it didn't look good. I told him I just changed it. He didn't know what the problum is. Sed try it and see what hapens. Is this why the the ventures are having clutch slip??? under power pull the clutch intill it starts to slip. Mine startes to do this with very little pull of the clutch lever. Now after new fluid I can squese the lever about 1.5 inches befour it starts to slip. Is this some thing we should be watching for???? Or do I still have some thing wrong????? Thanks For all the help!!!
  16. Has anyone tried L.A. Chopper oval slip ons? I see they make them for the Venture and they look nice but I haven't seen any comments about them. Wonder what they sound like. They claim a deep rumble which is what I want.
  17. My RSTC feels good but for some reason my buddys 99 venture seems to pull better. I did do the skydoc clutch upgrade but my bike doesnt slip so that shouldnt be athe difference. Is there a HP difference among those years?
  18. Well I think I am in need of some new clutch springs, at the least. I took my scoot out today with my wife and just let her run. About 4000 rpm I could feel the clutch starting to slip, not much just a little slip, and only in 3rd gear up. Do you all agree that just a spring upgrade is all I need or do I need to think about an entire clutch altogether. Thank You. Shaun I think SkyDoc sells the clutch stuff, will have to dig around.
  19. has anyone replaced a clutch on a Venture around the year 2002, how hard is it? I have 53,000 miles on my bike and now the clutch has started slipping when i hammer down on it in fifth gear, the hotter it is the more the slip!
  20. Does anyone have any of these lying around that they just don't need. It is the gasket/spacer that goes between the OEM muffler and the exhaust pipe on a tour deluxe or venture. I had a pair of Barons Bag Slash on the bike and they were a direct slip on to the exhaust. The OEMs need this gasket/spacer. Please PM me if you do. Part number 27 and 30 in the diagram. http://images.powersportsnetwork.com/fiche/images/YAMAHA/2006/motorcycles/4552_exhaust.gif
  21. Ok, guys/gals. Looking to purchase a set of slip on's sometime this spring, so my question is what are your preferences, bubs slip ons, la choppers, khrome werks or the baron's slash cuts? Already have tried the stock HD slip ons and don't really like the sound they produce, to hollow sounding. Would like a low rumble at idle and also while cruising, not loud and annoying. Was going to put the bike up for sale, but with gas prices climbing and the bikes paid for might as well keep it. Any recommendations would be helpfull as I don't want to spend alot of money and be disappointed. Thanks...
  22. 85 Royale Last year it seemed to me that my clutch would not engage until it was almost fully released. This is the opposite problem that most of us seem to experience. Mostly we have problems with being unable to get the clutch to release, due to a bad master, or air in the line or a soft line. But my problem is that I feel that sooner or later, the way it's going, my clutch will refuse to fully engage and start to slip. That being said, I cannot get it to slip when fully released. I had that problem a couple of years ago and so replaced the clutch, and cleaned and rebuilt the master and the slave. So I'm looking for thoughts on this issue.
  23. Looking for some ideas for different tips for the Bubs slip ons. Anyone know where to get different tips? Thanks Richie R
  24. Has anyone put BUB slip on mufflers on the RSTD. Was it easy install do they sound good , are you glad you did ?
  25. Looking for a new windshield for the bike. I still have the original installed but want something else. I have heard that they can delaminate if they are cut down. So far I have seen the windshield from Slip Strreamer or Clearview. Any thoughts or preference on those two? Open to something else as well. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!