Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 18 results

1. I added some coolant to the small tank it was empty the radator is full and over night the small tank was empty, and the oil level was up. I changed the oil refilled the small tank to the full mark took it for a ride and it was pushing the coolant back into the small tank to where it would over flow. There is no white smoke from the exsust and it runs fine. I am hopeing that this wasnt the reason for the PO to trade it off. I Talked with the PO and he told me that he had just put a new thermotat and cap on the radiator. There is no coolant on the floor. Am I looking at a blown head gasket or could the water pump be leaking on the inside or the cylinder water jacket joint. Orlin
  2. I had to find a way to have my son enjoy this sport with me, and this was my solution. I just got it installed and still need to wire it before I can hit the road. I have road it around the neighborhood and in an empty parking lot. It is very different but kinda fun. I still have a lot to learn but I am getting there.
  3. I have been searching online trying to find driver floorboards for my 87 venture royale 1300 and I have come up empty. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  4. Dr. just came in an appologized for coming around late. He asked if I wanted to go home. Good thing I don't have a vehicle here or he'd been talking to an empty room!!! :dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:
  5. Tonight I have discovered what true happiness is. It's finding that last pistachio nut in a bowl of empty shells.... What, you were looking for some real insight here?????:smile5:
  6. :stirthepot:My brother inlaw in Texas came up for the 4th and suprised me with this I though it came out well only problem it was empty but only for a short time [ATTACH]47873[/ATTACH]
  7. Bigbob is interested in your opinions on this trailer he just completed. What do you think? Box bought from Peavy Mart (41L"x18"wx18"H). The rest is home made. Weighs about 125 lbs empty and has travelled 600 miles really weighted down already. Bob says it pulls well and doesn't bounce..smooth ride.
  8. Hi, Finally got the 84 VR all put back together after a long winter tear down..Replaced collector, new swing arm bushings, starter rebuild and misc other stuff...Started her up today for the first time... runs great.....BUT Gas gauge shows empty and of course the darn little red light is flashing , but the tank was half full... rode to the gas station, filled it up and still shows empty. This happened once last year for about 10 minutes then good all summer.. What to check first??? fuel sender, float...gauge itself??? Any advice on where to begin would be appreciated...Can certainly ride it, but do not like the little red light and I'd rather know the gas level Thanks, Clay
  9. This summer, during last part of June or Early July, my wife and I are considering trailering the bike to Colorado, staying in a cabin or condo, and riding around to see stuff. We are looking at the areas around Estes Park/Rocky Mt Nat Park/Boulder for places to stay for a week or so. Anyone know of good reasonably priced places to stay and things to do? We are recent empty nesters and are looking forward to just the two of us. The boys and I can go some other time. Iowa Guy
  10. I've been in and out of the threads, and noticed a handful of members do some fabrications... Here's my request... First; I'm a cheap S.O.B. - If I can find a way to do it just as good, for less cost- I will. Second; I don't make much $$ to begin with, so I like to keep what I can. Third; I'm cheap. As I was... My 97 RSTC doesn't have the fancy airbox the 2nd Gens have, and there's NOTHING between the cylinders to even mock a filter housing. I think it looks funny. I've seen the Mini-Teardrop covers online: (http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?model_ID=40&Category_ID=108&manufacturer_ID=167&product_ID=26174&related=short) My question is, if anyone has these, or something similar, can SOMEONE please make a bracket that mounts the same way, or maybe even make the whole cover? I can't stand the empty space, and I'd love to find a way to mount something there, even if it's an empty beer can. Am I asking too much?I Just can't justify spending $150 on a blank cover.
  11. My buddy bough a a 72 CB 500 with a 550 engine and a Kawasaki front end. He wants to learn how to ride. It's been sitting for four years with half a tank full of gas. First we have to clean out the gas tank, then we're gonna sandblast the carbs. Then were going to clean/empty the brake lines out, I checked and it was empty, but there was just a little in the cylinder still. Then, before we even try to get it running, im going to drop the oil, and get new spark plugs. And if all else goes right, a fresh new paint job He spent $400 on this bike, so hopefully we can get it running right!
  12. what are the pressures that I should have in the front and rear shocks? Riding empty and alone and with a passenger?
  13. Does anyone recall a post about an old Venture Trike that was really chopped and a very swoopy design? I think it was Gold, Tan, or Champaign colored and there were some comments like "it should be the Jetsons". I've looked through everything I can think of here and searched for choppers and trikes, but come up empty. Thanks
  14. Hey gang! I purchases a 2000 RSV MM edition with a trailer. I've never ridden a bike with a trailer and I am flying up to pick it up in 2 weeks... What's the safest way to pull it? Should I load it down a little or keep it empty? I read the trailer thread in WH and I'm just a tad nervous (not from his story, but the people that say pulling a trailer is inherently dangerous.) This is the rig: http://www.thundertowerharley.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=08798334X8K16K2009J1I06I28JPMQ1604R0&veh=644&pov=1345399
  15. My new 2009 Sarasota Silhouette ST pull behind motorcycle trailer. Built by BuiltRight Utility Bodies Ltd. of Frankville , Ontario. Weighs 135 lbs. empty, 23 cu.ft., will hold a load up to 500 lbs.
  16. His Mail Box, is Full !! Can sombody get him this information ?? Empty your mail box, Atlanta !!!!!
  17. tomorrow, Jeannie has to go in , for her second round of "chemo". well first they have to give her a "pre-chemo", I.V., should take about 5 hours. then Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday, she gets the real thing. my guess, is that she will be re-admitted, because her "heart rate/pulse", hasn't been below 110 beats per minute, in two days. topped out at 140, yesterday. nitro glycerin tablets, have NO effect, anymore. last week, her home health nurse found another "enlarged lymph node", in her left breast area Friday the cancer Dr. ordered a biopsy, so that he would know what he was up against. bottom line is , she has a breast cancer, but she hasn't got any breasts!!!! just empty bags. the breasts were removed 14 years ago, along with "SAFE "saline implants, that had both ruptured. her hair is beginning to fall out, and she is very self conscious about that.i am not sure, where we will go from here, so i asked the Almighty, to take over, and do what He does best. just jt
  18. The "quote" is one of the great features of this forum, because it shows exactly what the writer is referring to. I figured it was just a matter of copy/paste but it doesn't seem to work that way. I searched but came up empty. What is the trick? Please explain. Thanks