Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. This fast food joint located in his home town has FlyingFools inventiveness signature written all over it!! Yamaha V Max | eBay
  2. I so want to ride one of these ! https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=841436165889389 It's gotta be a 1st Gen because it's fast and fun....
  3. I may have the chance to put some teeth into my 05 RSTD By changing out the valves ,cams ,timing curve and possibly changing pipes. I had been talking to the owner of a local Yammie shop who builds speed bikes for Bonneville. Cliff Gullett, Owner of Team Bozeman Motorsports has set several records himself. http://www.team-bozeman.com/custompage2.asp?pg=BonnevilleRacingTeam For about $2300 he says he can get 115 hp out of my Turd De Lux. Yes thats an expensive mod so I wanted to know if anyone has had any experience doing this and if so what results? And to answer the inevitable next question ,No, its not fast enough for me. Its a great improvement over my 04 Roadie but this bikes performance flattens out after 80-90 mph. Ive already changed to K&Ns and rejetted for my altitude . But I'm looking for more mid range - top end performance. Any opinions would be appreciated. Eric
  4. I just found this PDF on how to mod the flasher relay on the Gen2 to work with LEDs and not have fast flashing and have the cancel and 4 way working. I found the doc here http://www.650ccnd.com/PDFs/Flasher_mod_Revised.pdf
  5. Ok tonight everything is working fine then I started getting a fast flash on right turn signal. Checked all lights and they are fine, left turn works normally. Any thoughts??
  6. Hi all, does anyone know what the most mileage has been on second generation venture? Thanks for any information. fast black:fingers-crossed-emo
  7. First the story: I was riding home yesterday afternoon and it was hot. I reach up on the dash of the 93 super fast blue bike and open the vents. Nothing changes so i put my hand up next to the vent and no air is coming out of either side. The Questions: Is air supposed to come out the vents? How in the world do you get them to stay open? Finally does anyone really know how fast the blue bikes go?
  8. Jamie aka Wingman, Gene aka K Rider and I just returned from a day of riding, we went down to Warm Springs, Ga, rode over Pine Mt. and had lunch in Pine Mtn at a great little BBQ stand, Three Little Pigs, we hit some back roads, a lot of back roads on the way back home and about 25 miles from home it happened, we were riding down this 2 lane local road when out of nowhere the deer, don't know if it was a buck or a doe, it happened so fast, I didn't have tome to react, I couldn't have missed it by more than 2 inches. One second clear road ahead, next second this fury blur goes right in front of me, no time to react, which probably saved me from hitting him or swerving to avoid, all I could do was stop, get of the bike and compose myself. Gene said he saw it come over the fence heading my way, but couldn't say anything on the CB fast enough. If I had been going just a fraction faster I would have t-boned it and that would have smarted.........I wasn't wearing ATGATT .......shame on me. I am supposed to be getting a new Mesh Jacket for Fathers Day........ It would of really have pissed me off :crying:to have destroyed the Venture after getting it back to almost like new.
  9. I recently replaced my front brake pads with a set of kevlars and flushed the fluid. I now have excellent brakes. The bike will stop on a dime. The problem is the master cylinder has a leak when the bike is sitting from the handle side of the plunger. I am not getting any air into the brake system and as I said the brakes work flawlessly. The leak is not fast but fast enough that if left untouched the master will go from 2/3rds full to empty in about a month. Does anyone have a quick fix for this or is a rebuild in the only fix? Thanks, Ray.
  10. FROGS IS HOLLERING SO SPRING MUST BE HERE. I JUST BOUGHT INSURANCE ON THE 89 AND A FAST 84.NOW WHERE DID I PUT MY GEAR?
  11. Does anyone have any experience with this product? https://www.denniskirk.com/slime/mini-smart-spare-kit.p282558.prd/282558.sku I like the compact pump. My saddlebags fill up fast when we are gone for more than a few days.
  12. Guest

Thunderbolt for PCs?

Hey looks like Apple's fast Thunderbolt port is arriving in the Windows world pretty soon: http://www.electronista.com/articles/11/12/26/thunderbolt.said.ready.to.go.for.april/ Lots of hardware standards like firewire and usb are shared across platforms. This one is fast though, and once the 'winders guys' have it in their machines, we will most likely see lots of new hardware using it.
  13. They grow up so fast... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2DKOwFWa_A&feature=player_embedded]SONY 女大十八變 - YouTube[/ame]
  14. I am thinking about buying a Venture. I worked in a Yamaha Store when I was a kid, and the owner let me take a new 1984 Venture home on weekends. I rode it pretty hard. A few years later, I bought a 1984 Aspencade. The Honda did not handle nearly as well as the Venture. I never really enjoyed the Aspencade unless I was rolling straight down the highway. I took it up through Northern Arkansas on some wonderful roads, but it required so much concentration to keep the bike going slow enough so as not to drag the pegs/footboards/centerstand that it was just not fun. Fast forward to the present. I still like to ride fast. I know that the Goldwing now has a lot more ground clearance/higher lean angle and will go around corners much better than the older Goldwings. So, finally, here is my question. How does the current version of the Venture compare, lean angle-wise? I'm not looking for something with Ninja sportbike handling...But, I don't want to constantly have to be extremely careful not to drag things everytime I take a "spirited" ride down a nice twisty section of asphalt. Surely, there are some "spirited" riders in this group that can advise me. If the Venture doesn't have much of a lean angle prior to throwing sparks, tell me. I really loved that old 84. I think it was called a "Venture Royale". It was fast. It could go around a corner, and it had a nice stereo. Now, I am wanting something comfortable that can go long distances, carry me, my wife and 3 days worth of clothes and be fun in the twisties. Thanks for your advice. dana
  15. Hi guys, hoping one of you savvy lads out there can help me out. I have installed some bright LED signal lights on the RSV, and being LED they will naturally blink rather fast.. To slow such lights, we typically install Load Equalizers.. No problem there.. The recommended ones from Custom Dynamics: Genesis Metric Load Equalizer 7.5 Ohm GEN-7.5-30 These are small blocks that have two purple and one black wires coming out of them.. And ideally you install one on each end of the bike for each set.. one of the purples to the GREEN and BROWN signal light wires and the black to ground.. Simple right? ergh I wish. I've temp installed one at the front under the fairing where the wires are very accessible, and the other in the bundle under the license plate.. Brown and green.. Though they will slow down the 4 way flashers.. they have NO effect on the signal lights.. I know I have the right wires because when I pull them apart the signals lights stop flashing... I then took the large bundle under the seat, to the left side, and plugged one of the equalizers into the green and brown wires there.. and now the 4 ways and signal lights flash fast.. I have the SAME load equalizers working on my VSTar, it works.. the SAME one won't work on the RSV.. I have 5 of these, and none of them work on the RSV but they will on the VStar.. Am I doing something wrong here as to what and where I'm plugging these in? I've seen other posts where people have the same same equalizers working on their bikes and mine won't work.. Any ideas, suggestions, advice? Am I plugging these in the wrong wires? Fast flashers don't bother me but you know how it is.. how many times before I growl at someone for them saying "Hey Mister, you know ya got a light out??" Thanks in advance for your assistance.. If you're using something else that works, let me know what it is and WHERE / HOW you plugged it in, please.. Cheers =) Bike is almost ready for the road.. that is when the ice melts..
  16. Gyronut

Ooops

Didn't think I would ever lean this thing over enough to scrape the floor board but I managed to do it. Got my attention real fast too.
  17. Well , I finally got rid of the FJR 1300 It was evident that I would loose my licence or even slide down the asphalt. Im going back to my old roots in the fast lane where you can't get ticketed at any speed HYDROSTREAM HST 21 Footer with 235 hp
  18. Two friends were always trying to out-do the other in every thing they did. The first said, "I'll bet I can post on the forum and get more replies than you." The second accepted the challenge. 30 minutes later the first said, "Ha, 25 replies already, how are you doing?" The second answered, "128 and climbing fast." "How can that be? My post commented on the economy, the government, religion and all my pets. How could you possibly get more replies?" "I put a misspelled word in the title!"
  19. http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/07/19/motorcycle-rider-breaks-300-mph/?test=faces :wow:
  20. I keep hearing you guys with the first gen's bragging about how fast they are. Well, heres proof that my second gen is not only fast but handels very well also. This was done on Ga hwy 348 (Richard B. Russell Scenic Hwy.) which cuts through the mtn's of north Ga at some of ga's highest elevations. I never felt like I was doing more than 70mph. http://venturerider.org/forum/picture.php?pictureid=5687&albumid=517&dl=1310929526&thumb=1 I don't want to hear anything else about the speed of first gen's. :no-no-no::rasberry:
  21. First condolences to the Women's friends and family but how fast do you have to be going to flip a pick up truck. On the news they said the bike was torn in half. Just can't understand why some people have to ride so fast and especially in urban streets. http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2011/06/burton_woman_killed_in_flint_c.html
  22. Just got a call from Jonas. He and his beautiful bride arrived in NY city late last night.....WELCOME GRETA TO THE USA.....Hope you have a wonderful time..Taters and I are anxious to finally meet you...Don't let Jonas ride to fast..If he does, just smack him in the back of his helmet like Taters does to me....I will keep the light on for you......!!!! WELCOME AGAIN.... :dancefool: I FEEL GOOD....
  23. This may have been discussed before, so sorry for the redundency if it has. But.... if I add LED replacements for the 1157 and 1156 bulbs on the trailer, will I have a problem with the turn signal breaker working properly?? Do they make a HD breaker like they use on tow vehicles when hauling a trailer....?? Otherwise they blink way to fast...
  24. My Dell PC is now 11 years old and after an upgrade this past summer its finally starting to fail.....a slow death! Every 10 minutes it keeps re-booting all on its own. My daughter happened to call last week about the time this all started and asked if I wanted her 1 year old iMac.....Her husband bought her a newer one. Does a bear poop in the woods!! Long story short, they came by Tue night and swapped it out for me. Man, its great. I just have to adjust my way of thinking now a bit while I get used to this. Took all of 20 seconds for this to fire up where the old PC took at least 2 minutes. Cant believe just how fast this is. Tomorrow I go and buy a wireless router and an apple tv adapter and no more mail in dvd discs from Blockbuster!! Not too sure just how many new tricks this old dog can learn but ill give it a try.....
  25. THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT HERE IN OUR OWN COUNTRY! > > We Must Stop This Immediately! > > Have you noticed that stairs are getting steeper ?Groceries are heavier . And, everything is further away. Yesterday I walked to the corner and I was dumbfounded to discover how long our street had become! > > And, you know, people are less considerate now, especially the young ones. They speak in whispers all the time! If you ask them to speak up they just keep repeating themselves, endlessly mouthing the same silent message until they're red in the face! What do they think I am, a lip reader? > > > I also think they are much younger than I was at the same age. On the other hand, people my own age are so much older than I am. I ran into an old friend the other day and she has aged so much that she didn't even recognise me! > > I got to thinking about the poor dear while I was combing my hair this morning, and in doing so, I glanced at my own reflection . Well, REALLY NOW - even mirrors are not made the way they used to be! > > Another thing, everyone drives so fast these days! You're risking life and limb if you happen to pull onto the motorway in front of them. All I can say is, their brakes must wear out awfully fast, the way I see them screech and swerve in my rear view mirror. And now you have to look out for Toyota's on top of it all!! > > Clothing manufacturers are less civilized these days. Why else would they suddenly start labelling a size 10 or 12 dress as 18 or 20? Do they think no one notices? The people who make bathroom scales are pulling the same prank. Do they think I actually "believe" the number I see on that dial? HA! I would never let myself weigh that much! Just who do these people think they're fooling? > > I'd like to call up someone in authority to report what's going on - but the telephone company is in on the conspiracy too: they've printed the phone books in such small type that no one could ever find a number in there! > > All I can do is pass along this warning: > WE ARE UNDER ATTACK! > > Unless something drastic happens, pretty soon everyone will have to suffer these awful indignities. > > PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SO WE CAN GET THIS CONSPIRACY STOPPED! > PS: I am sending this to you in a larger font size, because something has happened to my computer's fonts - they are smaller than they once were.