Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. When's the next M&E??? I want to visit my sister soon and need an excuse for going...
  2. 4 years ago I started a bucket list Quest. It was to drive through and eat ice cream in all the lower 48 states. I finished it two weeks ago and wanted to thank every insightful poster on the forum. I've learned tire pressure, battery life, clutch replacement, locations to visit, even how to keep my butt from getting sore,,,,,,,,and so,so much more. Thanks to all of you, especially Freebird for keeping this place going. 3d And yep thats a pin for every state and a few extra for places you have recommended I visit along the way.
  3. Just a few pictures of out visit to Dad's house. Its been a great day. [ATTACH]71522[/ATTACH]
  4. Had an overnight visit from Walter. It was good to see him and his "new" sidecar! :thumbsup:Wish we'd had time for a ride!
  5. Nancy's father is in Hagersville hospital waiting for a triple bypass. His operation is in Hamilton on Friday. We are going to visit him in Hagersville Tuesday evening. Anyone free to meet at Hewitt's Dairy just outside of Hagersville at 8pm ?
  6. I've seen you all say it but I am curious as to who's willing to do it! It's a ride to Sudbury to see our friend Charlie before it gets too late in the season. 5 hrs from Burlington, ON says...ride up, visit, stay the night, and ride back. Is anyone ready to do this for Charlie? Thomas
  7. Anybody seen or heard from V7Goose it's been almost two months since his last post not sure on his last visit. Hope he didn't get deleted.
  8. The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts. When I click on "New Posts", I sometimes get the above message below the list. I really don't understand it ... especially for the most recent one which was my own thread that has no posts other than my own. ?????????????????
  9. i've been taking radiation treatments for prostate cancer for almost 7months,tried to take a ride last weekend but had to return home due to some major swelling, dr. visit monday sound a possible cause, it was confirmed today that cancer as spread to the right testis so i was told to stay off the bike, surgery to be scheduled soon but looks like i'm down for the yr at least. but for the rest of you please visit your dr follow hit orders ,, and ride safe this yr, "i'll be back" steve:325:
  10. What I want to know is: who had the intestinal fortitude to drive by place on Saturday past and not stop in. You have a lot of nerve,,, ya,, you got caught,,, my dearest seen you and don't be thinkin that she would have thought that you just happened to pass by, hey we're not on the main road anymore, and if she sees you, you came to visit, and if you came to visit and didn't stop by to say hello, you now have me all ticked. You're just lucky that I was about 2 minutes behind you, or I would have hunted you down. Hey, we don't often get company out here in the sticks, alright?
  11. [ame]http://youtu.be/cP4zgb9H3Cg[/ame] :rotf::rotf:
  12. Mel

Outa here

If you happen to be in Indianapolis for the Super Bowl event, don't look for me (us). We were downtown and saw a lot of the "stuff" they are installing, quite a bit to get done yet. Three blocks of Georgia Street shut down and converted to an outdoor gathering place, calling it Super Bowl Village. Convention Center dedicated to Super Bowl visitors. We have lots of enclosed walk-ways that connect the down-town shopping center/buildings/parking garages/hotels. It seems to be well planned and should be a fun place to visit. Sadly, many of the downtown restaurants, bar & grills, etc. have already announced very pricey minimums, some charging up to $50.00 each for no-show for reservations. Reservation for four and can't make it? $200.00!!! http://www.indianapolissuperbowl.com/super-bowl-village/ BUT WE'RE OUTA HERE, WILL BE IN FLORIDA!!! Going to be in the Bradenton/Frostproof area for about two weeks. We're having a 50's reunion (that's 1950's) for graduates of McComb, Ohio High School. Little farm town in northwest Ohio. Will also visit friends/relatives while there. If you are here, enjoy yourself, make sure your credit card(s) have a lot of capacity.
  13. I used to be able to log in to my daily viewed sites and my sign in info was retained in my computer and I went directly to the site, grabbed a cup of coffee, and sat back to enjoy. Now, each time I visit this site (and the others) I have to reinput my user name and password...gets a bit tedious (yes, I know, I AM lazy!)... is there a way around this?
  14. Well it has been a really GREAT day for me. First GaryN stopped by the house,he is wintering here in Texas and not to far from me and then low and behold I talked with PONCH on the phone..He is doing great,recognized my voice on the phone,(Dont know how anyone would recognize my voice), and he is doing good and at home. He is still doing therapy 3 times a week but he is really a tough cookie! Thanks to both of the guys for our visit today. Gary, we will be camping with you in Kerrville week after next. Going to watch the weather and stay 2-3 days at the Buckhorn with you and Mary. Ride safe my friend!!
  15. When I visit the site and look at the forums, but not the threads, the forum gods think I have viewed each thread and so when I return later in the day and ask to see the NEW POSTS, I am offered only those that have been started since my last visit. The threads that were ongoing when I last visited are now marked as "read", even though I did not read them. I have to wade through all the threads to make sure I haven't missed anything. Is it a Firefox setting I can adjust?
  16. Having visited Boquillas Canyon, I found this interesting. U.S. Proposes Unmanned Border Entry With Mexico I'm not sure what the impact will be, besides making this spot less desirable to visit. Already you can't visit the canyon without being harassed by vendors. On the other hand, it would be a pretty good spot to start the Ironbutt Border-to-Border Insanity, if it is a vehicle crossing. Dave
  17. Any member live near Myrtle Point, Oregon. The reason I ask, is that I'm looking at some Lapidary equipment on ebay. The Seller is from Myrtle Point, OR. Shipping is $200.00 for this item. I would like to save on the shipping or rather spend the $200 in an enjoyable trip. What I would like to do is if I win the bid, is to locate a member that lives really close by and could pick it up for me. Then I could make some arrangements in the summer of 2012 to pick it up. What I could to do is take the lid off my M/C trailer and pull it with my 91 VR and take a weekend trip down the Oregon Coast on hwy 101. I'm from Buckley Wa. about 400 miles away. While I'm down there I would like to visit Bandon Oregon. About 41 years ago I attended the Millard Prep School there. At that time Millard Prep's mission were to assist young men to increase their College SAT scores to qualify for West Point-Army / Annapolis-Navy / Air Force Academy. Today I think it has been purchased by a church and has turned it into a church camp. Kinda like to contact them and take a walk in memory lane. Then I'd like to just visit the famous golf course called the Bandon Dunes. If any member is willing, please PM me soon for there is about 6 days left on the bidding.
  18. Well, sort of. We just made a spur of the moment decision to go to South Africa for Christmas. Leaving Dec. 6 and returning Dec 28. Mary has friends there on a temporary work term in Port Elizabeth and they invited us to come and visit before they have to come back in the spring. So, we have a place to stay and a tour guide. How can you beat that eh?
  19. I am planning a visit to UK in April / May next year. Primary purpose is to meet my first grand-child, who is due in a few weeks. We will be staying in Midhurst, Sussex, and Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire areas. Can anyone point me to a place where I could rent a motorcycle (and helmets) for a few days while we are there? I would love to ride to Bath, Bristol, and Cornwall. Thanks for any suggestions!
  20. heading out to pine river MN. to attend the funeral. friday. then a few days with my daughter. dianne is going to swing down from dakota to see me as well in brainerd and to visit my daughter. so there will be some sad times and some good times. god bless all of you. try not to miss the oldgoat too much:bighug:
  21. Skid, Leslie and family stopped in Columbia for the night on their way to Florida. What a nice visit we had! It was so good to see them again!
  22. Just got back from a bike trip to Branson Mo and Illinois with my lovely wife. We were pulling a trailer with luggage and “essentials.” Trip spanned two weeks. Got lots of “thumbs up” from people in cars…guess there is something about a cycle on the open road! We had to opportunity to attend an informal reunion with some old Air Force friends we were stationed with in Germany, see some of the sights, and do some riding…then on to Illinois to visit my family and some of my high school friends. On the way back we stopped in West Memphis, Arkansas to visit an old AF buddy I hadn’t seen since 1973. Then another stop in Fort Worth to see one more AF friend I hadn’t seen in about five years. All in all it was a great trip! The trip up through Dallas was 104 degrees…with the traffic, it was really nasty! We ran into rain for about 100 miles from Springfield Mo to the east…then it cleared up. Other than that, the weather was not bad. I had busted my butt to get an American flag the day before we left (mine had started to tatter from the previous day’s ride)…borrowed one from one of our members (thanks, Tom)…somewhere in Arkansas it went airborne! Bummer!!! Got sick three days before getting home…made for a couple of extremely long days! Observations: · If you can physically only do about 400 miles a day (we are senior citizens), a motorcycle is not really that economical o What you save in gas, you more than make up for in motels · Sheepskin cover for the seat was TRULY worth the price! · Will likely take the cage on trips of a 1000 miles or more in the future…when you are the only driver…you are the only driver! It’s like the Cubs pitching staff…there ain’t no relief! · That being said…the ride was great! Stats for the trip are as follows: Total miles 2597.8 Gas averaged $3.449gal Avg mpg 36.3 Total gas cost $245.71
  23. Aussie Annie and Allan made it to our place in Eureka, Illinoi. So far a great visit. Going to take them to the Route 66 museum tomorrow. Good Day mate
  24. Here are a few pics of their visit............
  25. Dogman and his wonderful wife came visiting recentlhy, and brought some Hot Sex with them. They rode over six hours through rain threatening weather to bring it. We had a great visit and all enjoyed the Hot Sex and after that, we told stories around a campfire. Thanks Dave and Bernie!