Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. OK, here's the scenario - My neighbor won 2 day rentals (that is qty 2 of a 1 day rental) from a local HD dealership. She doesn't ride nor does her husband, family, etc. She offered them to me. I have to use them this weekend or they expire. What to do? 1) As some of you know - I am a long distance rider. Should I go for BBQ? In Kansas City (1180 miles round trip). 2) Ask a friend to putt around the state for the day (paging Scooter Bob, Scooter Bob to the white courtesy phone)? 3) Should I just don some pirate wear, apply fake tattoos, put my wife in a tubetop, and go bar hopping? Decisions, decisions. RR
  2. Way to go Scooter Bob.. :cool10: :cool10: You made it another year.... Happy Birthday buddy.....
  3. I don't know if it has been posted yet but the shower set up at the international rally site was fantastic. And it even had a sky light! Thanks Bob
  4. A group of Americans were traveling by tour bus through Holland. As they stopped at a cheese farm, a young guide led them through the process of cheese making, explaining that goat's milk was used. She showed the group a lovely hillside where many goats were grazing. 'These' she explained, 'Are the older goats put out to pasture when they no longer produce.' She then asked, 'What do you do in America with your old goats?' A spry old gentleman answered,' They send us on bus tours! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Bob, a 70-year-old, extremely wealthy widower, shows up at the Country Club with a breathtakingly beautiful and very sexy 25-year-old blonde-haired woman who knocks everyone's socks off with her youthful sex appeal and charm and who hangs over Bob's arm and listens intently to his every word. His buddies at the club are all aghast. At the very first chance, they corner him and ask, 'Bob, how'd you get the trophy girlfriend?' Bob replies, 'Girlfriend? She's my wife!' They are knocked over, but continue to ask.'So, how'd you persuade her to marry you?' 'I lied about my age', Bob replies. 'What, did you tell her you were only 50?' Bob smiles and says, 'No, I told her I was 90.' ---------------------------------------------------------------- Brenda and Steve took their six-year-old son to the doctor. With some hesitation, they explained that although their little angel appeared to be in good health, they were concerned about his rather small penis. After examining the child, the doctor confidently declared, 'Just feed him pancakes. That should solve the problem.' The next morning when the boy arrived at breakfast, there was a large stack of warm pancakes in the middle of the table. 'Gee, Mom,' he exclaimed. 'For me?' 'Just take two,' Brenda replied. 'The rest are for your father.'
  5. RJD

Avon Venom

Well I was changing the oil and decided to replace the rear tire. Someone mentioned recently that Avon was replacing the Venom. Is that available yet? Thats one question. Another is, where is everyone else finding the best price. I want to get it ordered soon. thanks, Bob
  6. Many thanks and a tip of the helmet to Bob for donating a rear master brake cylinder for my 83 Venture, what I wasn't expecting was something that looked like it came straight from the factory, if Bob hadnt told me it was rebuilt, I would have thought it was brand spanking new, I now have brakes, not the greatest, but have rear brakes again, next step will be the stainless steel brake lines front and back, that will be a great improvement, its not 100% yet but its getting there. Still waiting on the carb diaphragms from Sirius, they should be here sometime next week. Once again the members here are fantastic, couldnt ask for a nicer bunch of people, always willing to help out another. Thanks again Bob, since you wont let me pay you for it, I will be making a donation to the St. Jude fund.
  7. I just found out that Big Bob just took delivery of his new Venture/Hannigan trike, but help me convince him to upload some pics so we can all see it too! If we dont see pics it didnt happen!!!! Woo hoo Bob! Looking forward to riding to Nelson with you and that fancy rig!!! Brian
  8. The other day I posted about a recent project I had done. My handlebars extention studs for the 1st gen bikes. I had a few responses that some of you were interested in them. It turned out Bob Myers had done something much like my studs back in '08, much shorter than mine are at 4 inches and he made his at a much higher level of quality than I was able to. He actually has the right tools!!! So I contacted Bob and we talked about it. He has offered to make some of these sets for the guys interested, if there are enough to justify setting it up. So in the exchange with Bob the questions discussed where the material and the big one was how long should they be? Bob is looking at using 1" aluminum in stead of the 7/8" I did mine out of. The one Bob did for his bike is the 1st picture. Mine are the second shot. Which one looks better? Hello Mr. Myers! With mine at 4" on the bars there is exactly 4" between the inner ends. Some of you were interested in shorter ones. So for those that are interested in a set, or one, or a handful post your preference for for how long you would want them on this thread and we shall see what the choices are and what can be done to get this rolling. I can't give any idea of what the cost might be until we hit on some specs for Bob. By the way..... these will probably not be available in wood at this time. Sorry. Let us know. Mike
  9. In the middle of March in Wisconsin. Two RSVs at the factory today. I'll have to go see if a third one is on the other side of the plant. Later, Scooter Bob
  10. Bob Myers made a tool that seats the bushings and seals on the 2nd gen forks, It was decided to pass it around to the members as needed, with the last possessor paying the shipping. FLB was the first, and im the second. I just finished assembling the fork legs and in a few days ill be adding the fork oil. Once im sure its not leaking ill post the tools availability. So, if your planning on rebuilding/re-sealing your front forks on a 2nd gen, this tool is indispensable. It worked like a charm. Thanks again, Bob and Forrest.... Attached Thumbnails
  11. Bob Hill and his new wife, Betty were vacationing in Europe near Transylvania. They were driving in a rental car along a rather deserted highway. It was late and raining very hard. Bob could barely see the road in front of the car. Suddenly the car skids out of control! Bob attempts to control the car, but to no avail! The car swerves and smashes into a tree. Moments later, Bob shakes his head to clear the fog. Dazed, he looks over at the passenger seat and sees his wife unconscious, with her head bleeding! Despite the rain and unfamiliar countryside, Bob knows he has to get her medical assistance. Bob carefully picks his wife up and begins trudging down the road. After a short while, he sees a light. He heads towards the light, which is coming from a large, old house. He approaches the door and knocks.A minute passes. A small, hunched man opens the door. Bob immediately blurts, "Hello, my name is Bob Hill, and this is my wife Betty. We've been in a terrible accident, and my wife has been seriously hurt. Can I please use your phone?" "I'm sorry," replied the hunchback, "but we don't have a phone. My master is a doctor; come in and I will get him!"Bob brings his wife in. An older man comes down the stairs. "I'm afraid my assistant may have misled you. I am not a medical doctor; I am a scientist.. However, it is many miles to the nearest clinic, and I have hada basic medical training. I will see what I can do. Igor, bring them down to the laboratory." With that, Igor picks up Betty and carries her downstairs, with Bob following closely. Igor places Betty on a table in the lab. Bob collapses from exhaustion and his own injuries, so Igor places Bob on an adjoining table. After a brief examination, Igor's master looks worried. "Things are serious, Igor." Igor and his master work feverishly, but to no avail. Bob and Betty Hill are no more. The Hills' deaths upset Igor's master greatly. Wearily, he climbs the steps to his conservatory, which houses his grand piano. For it is here that he has always found solace. He begins to play, and a stirring, almost haunting melody fills the house. Meanwhile, Igor is still in the lab tidying up. His eyes catch movement, and he notices the fingers on Betty's hand twitch, keeping time to the haunting piano music.. Stunned, he watches as Bob's arm begins to rise, marking the beat! He is further amazed as Betty and Bob both sit up straight! Unable to contain himself, he dashes up the stairs to the conservatory. He bursts in and shouts to his master: "Master,Master! .....The Hills are alive with the sound ofmusic!" What did you expect... it's free from a demented old friend on the Internet
  12. husband forgets anniversary illegul > 10/10 21:28:52 Bob was in trouble. He forgot his wedding anniversary. His wife was really pissed. She told him "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in 6 seconds AND IT BETTER BE THERE !!" The next morning he got up early and left for work. When his wife woke up, she looked out the window and sure enough there was a box gift-wrapped in the middle of the driveway. Confused, the wife put on her robe and ran out to the driveway, brought the box back in the house. She opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale. Bob has been missing since Friday.
  13. Hello-I have a slow speed wobble in my 01 Royal Star Venure when backing off throttle with one hand on handle bars----not noticeable on acceleration. Not really apparent at higher speeds. First noticed when I leaned over to shut off choke and backed off throttle. Have set air pressure in shocks correctly. Not sure. Bob
  14. I ride a 96 RSTC and have an extra set of carbs that I have the urge to rebuild. It is a project that I am not sure that I can do but thought that I would try anyway. I have done quite of few jobs that I didn't know step one about but with the help of this forum I was able to accomplish. Are there any good tutorials out there and what if any type of kit would you recommend. Thanks Bob
  15. Chime in here Bob if you have anything to correct or add So Bob and I have a difference in opinion as to what damage someone can do to you personally in regards to identity theft when someone has information from your driver's license like name, address, DL#, & dob. I agreed with Bob in that with my they can't get money out from our bank account, but I think they can do other forms of damage like take out loans, credit cards, etc...Lender says you owe money because you took out this, that and the other. You say I didn't do those things. They say prove it. Not sure if/how you could prove you didn't. Thoughts?
  16. Figured that would get the attention. Anybody on here a serious or semi serious jogger. I may be in the minority given the quantity of meet and eats that get mentioned on here. I am trying to keep the taX man from collecting those inheritance taxes as long as possible, or making sure thereon be anything left for them to collect. I have became more serious exercising after having somebody I thought was significantly older than me and much heavier finish ahead of me in a 5k only to find out we were in same age bracket, Ouch. Plan on dusting him next month. Besides being in shape has to help for the long rides. Bob Marshall, il
  17. Went for a 5 hour ride today and had the cruise control disengage 3 times after hitting very rough interstate patches. Top two cruise lights were flashing a 2 flash pattern. Had to turn cruise off and back on to get it working. Is this a known problem or something I can correct. Bob Marshall, il
  18. This guy said he wants to drive the truck..... He looked right at home...... He said he can pull a trailer.... It was great seeing you again Bob...Thanks for the parts......
  19. well guys i have a 1987 venture and its needs some chrome but heres the problem i have looked around and and i just cant seem to find where to buy it im really looking for the parts that are circled on this pic i got from here on the forums but the gentleman who owns this bike is no longer a member if someone could help that would be great thanks again Bob http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd43/valic007/chromevents.jpg
  20. Bongobob is hosting a meet and eat at the Hearth restaurant today (Saturday) at 6 pm.....see the details in the meet and eat section of the forum.....Bob is buying........... at least ,thats what Rickster told me ...
  21. Well sort of, Royal Stars anyway. Hadn't seen any till day 3 (cus DynoDon brought his wing to the Central IL M&E Tuesday) Anyhow, saw a black TD going North on the 59 bypass near Poteau, OK (I think that's where I was). And, there's a red and black TD for sale just North of Longview, TX along US259. Later, Scooter Bob
  22. At the legion 1/2 way done with my 1st bucket of shortys! Go Packers! Later, Scooter Bob
  23. Cletus is passing by Billy Bob's hay barn one day when, through a gap in the door, he sees Billy Bob doing a slow and sensual striptease in front of an old green John Deere. Buttocks clenched, he performs a slow pirouette, and gently slides off first the right strap of his overalls, followed by the left. He then hunches his shoulders forward and in a classic striptease move, lets his overalls fall down to his hips, revealing a torn and frayed plaid shirt. Then, grabbing both sides of his shirt, he rips it apart to reveal his stained T-shirt underneath. With a final flourish, he tears the T-shirt from his body, and hurls his baseball cap onto a pile of hay. Having seen enough, Cletus rushes in and says,"What the heck are you doing, Billy Bob?" "Jeez, Cletus, ya scared the bejeezers out of me," says an obviously embarrassed Billy Bob. "But me'n the Ol' Lady been havin’ trouble lately in the bedroom d'partment, and the therapist suggested I do 'something sexy to a tractor'." [Don't make me 'splain this to you!]
  24. Billy Bob was going to high school and he was into wrestling. He was really good at it because he was a farm boy and he was big and strong from farm work.He was the top wrestler in his school and his coach told him that he had entered him in the district finals. Billy Bob assured the coach that he would do his best to win. They went and he won. His next match was the regional, and he was so big and strong that he won easily. He then moved on to the state championship matches. The other boys were strong and big but not like Billy Bob and of course he won. His coach told Billy Bob how proud he was of him and said that his next match would be at the champion ship matches for the United States, and you guessed it, he won easily. His coach explained to Billy Bob that his next match was for the champion wrestler of the world.He said that the only competition that he would have was from a small Japanese guy who had invented a pretzel hold where he tied up the competition into a pretzel. He said that no one had ever escaped this hold and if he got Billy Bob in it he would surely loose. The match began and Billy Bob was very cautious but just one and a half minutes into the first round and Billy Bob had been trapped in the pretzel hold. The referee counted, 1---2----and the little Japanese wrestler went flying through the air, landed on his stomach, and had the air knocked out of him. Billy Bob ran over and pinned him for the 3 count and won the world championship. After it was all over his couch really bragged on him but could'nt understand how he had ever got out of the Pretzel hold. Billy Bob said, COUCH ALL THAT I CAN TELL YOU IS A MAN DON'T KNOW HIS OWN STRENGTH UNTIL HE BITES HIS OWN BAG.
  25. Billy Bob had been having terrible problems sleeping and his cousin Jim Bob told him that it was all in his head. So Billy Bob went to a psychologist. The Dr. asked Billy Bob what the problem was and Billy Bob told him that he just could"nt get any sleep. When asked why he replied, there is someone under my bed and when I get under the bed to see who, then there is someone on top of the bed, and this goes on all night long. The Dr. said that he could cure Billy Bob but he would have to come back 3 times a week for a year. Billy Bob ask what each visit would cost and the Dr. said $100.00 a visit. Billy Bob never went back and the Dr. saw him on the street about a year later and ask him why he never came back. Billy Bob said that he had been cured. The Dr. asked who had cured him and Billy Bob said that his cousin, Jim Bob had cured him. The Dr. asked how and Billy Bob said that he had cut the legs off of his bed.