Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. I bought a 2006 RSV I am newbie to this site but have enjoyed all the help and support on the site. My question is my Betsy has abiut a 5 gallon gas tank no star emblems. I am thinking it should have a six gallon tank. Is there amod or something where the tank is swapped. Just curious like thebike the way it is.
  2. I recently lost my 2006 VTX1300 in the floods in the Memphis,TN area. Dealing with insurance company now on the total loss settlement. Now with the basic background out of the way. I am looking at a 2006 royal star tour deluxe black. Dealer is asking $8999. Actually two dealers 100 miles apart. One bike has 4400 miles the other has 6800 miles. Got one dealer down to $7999 and am sure I can get the other down to that too. Is this a good price. Both bikes look show room clean. What are the known issues with this bike? How's the maintenance? What are the must have accessories? Is the seat a must replace and if so what's the recommended seat? What are the must do mods? I know yamaha makes a good bike. Just not overly familiar with this one. Anything I need to look for or check before buying? Sorry for so many questions. I'm sure the search tab would answer most of my questions but I like the answers fresh lol. And Im being a little lazy. Sorry. Thanks for the help. Ps I am an ok wrench and am not scared to do my own work.
  3. Not sure where to put this question on the forum sorry I am wondering if the 2006 TSD I am looking at is a Midnight version have only pictures to go by and don't know what questioins to ask to verify if it is a midnight..all I know is that it is a black 2006 and looking at the history section appears that would mean it is a midnight model...??? Any suggestions on how to pin down the ident.??
  4. Picked up a 2006 and rode it home from Oklahoma today http://i45.tinypic.com/2qixkja.jpg
  5. I'm still looking for the Flanders 650-08783. . .well I can get the 650-08784 (Powdercoated). . .not sure exactlywhat that means but is it a flat or glossy look. I have a 2006 Pearl White.. .I think the powder coat would look pretty kewl, wife doesn't. well. . .what do you all think. Just wondering! Tim
  6. Ok here the deal. Several times the bike has cut out like it is starving or out out of gas. One time I choked it and it started but when I tried to give it gas it bogged downand died. I leave it set for a while and it starts and runs fine. Today i brought it home and pulled the tank and the air boxes. First thing I noticed was oily stuff under the rail that holds the wires down. This is left side ONLY. Right looks nice and dry and clean. Oily and messy. I pulled the plug and it is clean and dry no signs of oil blowing by it. What do I need to look fo ras the cause I am going out to walmart to buy carb cleaner and clean it all up really good then keep a close eye on it. Any help would be great. It is a 2006 with about 40,000 on it.
  7. Just rode the RSTD 540 miles this weekend. My butt is killing me. What seats are you guys comfortable riding for long distances on? I have a 2006 RSTD (new to me).
  8. On the RSTD is there a fuse that controls the Auxiliary DC connector that is located under the drivers seat? Mine is no longer giving out 12 volts and I need to know what the problem could be if it is not a blown fuse? (2006 RSTD)
  9. Looking for center kickstand for 2006 Royal Star Midnight Venture. Any suggestions?
  10. Aloha, Just returned from a riding trip in Central and Southern, CA on my 2006 Venture. It appears that it's time to replace my battery on my 06 Venture. Located a discussion on the same subject back in 2006. Wondering if battery technology has changed since the 2006 posts that I should consider, especially since I've noticed replacement batteries ranging from $50 to $140. Thanks in advance for your sage advice.
  11. As the temps go down, so does my riding time. That means I have more time to tinker in the garage and add stuff. Does any know the power budget for an 2006 RSTD? I have passing lights, and would like to know how much additional power is available for goodies...
  12. Proud owner of a 2006 RSV... completely screwed up and left key in "aux" mode... came back to find a flat battery... recharge was successful, however, my radio module is now not working at all. I have taken off the tupperware and checked and replaced the blade-type fuse, no help. REALLY like the audio on my RSV... and its out of warranty now... Any ideas? Thanks!
  13. just curious how many miles some of you have gone with no valve adjust... my 2005 with 35,000 miles is running better than ever and really hate to tear into it if i don't need to. i had an 2006 suzuki c50T and had valves adjusted twice and never really ran the same but cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I'm a believer in don't fix it if it aint broke.
  14. the virago is up for sale in the classified section, here is the replacement 2006 royal star midnight tour deluxe.
  15. Anyone have any step by steps to for gas tank removal from a 2006 RSV??
  16. Does anybody know if I can link my DROID X through my sound system on my 2006 VRS?
  17. Black Owl

So,

What happens when you put gasoline into a 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel?
  18. I'm looking for the guy who does the seat customizing for the Ventures. i believe it is the "Butler" redo. I want to send him my 2006 Venture riders seat now that the season is over here in MN.. Thanks, Byron
  19. I have a 2006 RSTD I just got it has a mustang seat I am looking to put a stock seat back on it. What other models will fit?
  20. I swear I have searched throught here and not found how to adjust my idle. How do I adjust my 2006 RSV idle? Thanks.
  21. does anybody know where i can get the wire diagram for a 2006 RSV radio and AMP?
  22. I thought I might might post this here in case someone owns one or knows someone who does. I'm looking for a 2006 Vento V-Thunder XL Touring motorcycle. Been doing the Nationwide craigslist search on google, etc. Ideally need a black 2006, another color may be ok, but it must have the hard bags, backrest, crash, bar and windshield. The only one I have found so far with all of these except the color is this one. http://joplin.craigslist.org/mcy/1975237746.html It is however, a little far from me. I can't get a reply from the guy on email, and if I start talking about shipping it that sends off the scam alert and some people just want a local deal. If I can ever get a reply from the guy and you live near near Joplin (Groveland), Oklahoma and can check that bike out, let me know. So if you have one, or know of one, Please PM me or call (number in profile) and I can give you all the details. Thank You, Derrek
  23. Anyone still producing Venturerider DVD's .I would like to purchase if any I have the following: Potato Creek..2005 Vogel............2005 Tail of the Dragon ..2006 Eureka Springs.......2006 Eat and Ride ort Austin 2006
  24. Is there a difference between the Midnight Venture and the regular Venture, other than color? I am looking at a new 2006 Midnight Venture.