Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 6 results

1. Had my RTKR done last Thursday and all went well. OS described the knee as a mess and I wouldnt have lasted much longer without the TKR. BCBS allowed 2 days stay but I was able to get the 3rd day. I wanted to stay for another week in the hospitals rehab center but the hospital advocates claimed all my ins would cover is at home therapy, which my OS agreed with.By Sun I had 0 0 70, walked about 300 ft and all should have been well. My concerns was that with my weight of 340 my getting up and down from a seated position would be hard. I still had a hard time with that. I was discharged and I was not able to get seated in my SUV. My daughter had to go home and come back with her lower suv. With some help I was able to get pulled into the back seat and finally home. I managed to get out safely and into the house. I still have not had a bowel movement since the day of surgery, other than urinating and passing gas. Now the fun begins. While at the hosp the therapists all had beefy assistants to help get me up. The home people show up and together they weigh less than me and both stood about 5'5 to my 5'11. Since my left "good" knee is also shot I was not able to put much pressure on it to raise myself up and the therapists, being so small were of no use to me. All I need is for someone who can handle my size/weight to get me past that one point and I would be able to function on my own fairly well. I also asked the hosp advocate to either have ins cover a lift chair or hosp bed for home use. No luck there either. So, the home nurse comes and accesses the situation and all home parties agree that I should be in a hospital therapy environment and they would make a strong recommendation for it. Or failing that, they would push for the fully automated hospital bed. and some beefier assistants. All I need is a few days to work this through and I should be ok. Lets see if ins cooperates. Bottom line: right now im basically stuck in my chair. If no one steps up I may have to call in rescue to lift me up. What really torques me with all of this was the fact that I had tried to address these concerns weeks before the surgery and during my 3 days there as well to no avail. Ill see what the day brings...... I would also like thank those who offered prayers, sent PM's or called me direct. It meant a lot!!
  2. Haven't been on 'puter most of the week. Couldn't figure out why I couldn't get the dang thing to even turn on:bang head: We tried everything...pulling cords out, then re-connecting eveything -- except the plug in the computer-safe power board. Quickstep finally decides to try it in another spot on the board, and HEY PRESTO! we have lift-off :happy65:Powerboard decided to blow one of the five plug in's and as red light indicated it was working Quickstep ended up saying "If brains were roses, mine would smell real sweet"
  3. Ins. questions, Looking to change to Progressive. My question is how many carry PIP coverage. Is it worth what they want ( it is high) or do you just count on your medical coverage. Thanks for the input.
  4. I know everyone says "Your lucky, you have a job", but working 60 hours a week sucks, and if we dont work it we are subject to being laid off in the next round, when I started working there, there were 12 fabricators working in the shop, now we are down to 8, we did have as many as 16, and rumor has it 3 more lay offs coming by Feb. 1. They took away our Christmas bonus, small as it was, they took away our safety bonus, upped our ins. premiums, increased our deductibles and out of pocket expenses on the medical ins., waiting for them to stop or at least reduce our 401k match, all we have left is our gainsharing bonus and I am sure that will be elimanated soon. I am so glad I only have 1 year 8 months left before retirement from this place. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the wage freeze.......!!!!!!! Last one lasted 3 years!!!!! I am so lucky to have this job.
  5. i have not posted for the last 2 weeks , been in a bad mood so i just lurked , reading every thing here every day to make me feel better . Silver got hit 2 weeks ago . i went shopping for a frig. at a local shop and parked 20 feet behind a car when i went inside i asked whos white car is that is out there , the lady , who is the owner of the shop said it was her's and i told her that i parked behind her and don't leave with out telling me . i bought a used frig from her and she ask me how i was going to get it home and i pointed at Silver and said i'll put it in the trunk of my bike could she have somebody give me a hand ? she laughed and i told her that my son will be here with a truck and trailer to pick it up . so while my son and i are loading the frig she comes up and is waiting for us to finish and than tells me she knocked over my bike , she not only knock it over but pushes it about 8 ft. after i get it up she tells me that she is closed and i need to move the bike so she can leave , i tell her to call her insureance co. she tells me that her ins. is in ohio and i need to have my ins. co fix it i said so my ins. is in fl. and she needs to call her ins. or i am calling the pd . that got her on the phone real fast , after she told the ins. co. what happened and thay told me thay would fix it , 4 days later a ajuster called me from ohio and said a ajuster from tx will come to me and take pic'c that took another week but he took a lot of them . the ins.co is nationwide and seams ok . the rite side is a wreck , fairing , mirror , rite panel that holds the class , rite bag , highway peg and trunk . the front bumper is bent pretty bad but i have been riding it to work every day , i hope the ins.co sends me a check pretty soon because Silver is in ruff shape rite now , i had to remove the trunk today because it was falling apart . i guess i am a member of the broken haerts club , i now know how Randy felt . Thom
  6. Just curious, Does anyone use Geico ins.? State farm is hitting me up for about triple what I would pay @ Geico. Has anyone actually had a claim with Geico? Thanks, Gary