Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 20 results

1. Does anyone use this, or do you think it will work on my 2001 RSV? http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-swingarm-rear-stand-65620.html
  2. jinx56

horns

Bring up another old topic: horns I am looking at the RIVCO air horns from Buckeye. They apparently install on the swing arm of the 2nd generation RSV. Mine is a 2001 RSV. Have any of you had any experience with these horns ie ease of install, life span, mainteance etc.? Thanks all Jinx
  3. Am I the only one that has a rear shock on the oil side go out on my 2001 RSV??
  4. Hello everyone. I'm rolling a 96 RSTC and have started the process of making it mine. I have already picked up a set of Jardine forward controls from a fellow member gunkylump. Next on the list of parts is I'm looking for a set of 2-2-1s (or 4-2-2s depending on how you look at it). I believe the 97 RSTD came with these stock but the closet set I can find is from a 2001 RS Venture. Can anyone answer the question on if these would be a fit or not. I saw a previous thread, from 2009, where pegscraper said the 2-2-1s should bolt right on but I am wondering if anyone has done this and has any lessons learned. Also, if anyone has a set that they are looking to sell, let me know and maybe we can strike a deal. Thanks.
  5. Took a short vid of my new to me 2001 RSV ,any body know what this color combo is called,thanks for looking,ps I love this thing much nicer to ride then my raider [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCzz2Qjy40Y&feature=youtube_gdata_playe]2001 Star Venture - YouTube[/ame] r *
  6. Semi-emergency: clutch springs needed for 2001 venture near Milwaukee. My name is Greg Gill and I am at Waukesha County Tech taking a MSF ultimatebike rider course. During exercise 1 I fried my clutch. I can sit still in 1st gear. MC shops are closed. Cash paid for a VMax clutch spring kit. Call my cell .
  7. Hi everyone,, I just came across a 2001 RSV for $5000 w/12,000 mi. in great shape! Can I get some comments on the bike and the value? Thanks, Steve
  8. Does anyone know the correct silver/gray paint color for the 2001 RSV cylinder head cover. tx, Bob
  9. Hello there in America. First i want to introduce myself. I'm from Belgium, work in the military and my hobbies are enduro (KTM EXC 300) and my RSV 2001. I own one of the probably 80 RSV's here in my country. After 2001 the RSV was no more imported in Belgium. Now my problem! When i put on my audio radio, CD or cassette it works fine. But after 10' everything begins to live its own live! The radio begins to peep and on the cover of the remote i get all the abbreviations (sp, hs, loud,...). If the cd is playing it constantly skips to another song and the cassette is continiously turning from one side to the other. While reading these forum i've used the magicly dielectric grease but it won't help:crying: I suppose that my problem has began while i was starting up my flat battery with a batterycharger? Does someone oversea can help me? Because here in my country the Yamahadealers have no experience. Thanks for reading my message:thumbsup2:
  10. Thought you guys would like to see my old 81 Venturer...this is the way I got it. Someone removed all the Pacifico touring but left the stock seat. The old "Excess" 1100s...what a ride. http://www.timemachinewatch.com/buy/venturer81.JPG What I like about Yamaha in general is they don't change much from year to year for the most part. Except for paint, my 2001 is basically the same as a 10. That helps Yamaha with tooling costs, as well as the riders who can get an 8-9 year old bike that is still current. Ride Safe!
  11. Whats in the tool kit?
  12. All, I was recently in a rather serious accident and have lost a lot of bend in my right leg thus I am having a difficult time getting my foot to my rear brake pedal. I am interested in installing an intregrated brake system on my 2001 Midnight Venture. Have any of you done this or know if it is possible? I would appreciate any information you can provide. Thanks in advance!
  13. Happy New Year to you all I am looking for a set of footpegs and a backrest for my 2001 RSV which I acquired last fall after being a member of the Gold Wingers since 1984. I want to add these creature comforts and have found some on the internet but I would prefer hearing from you as to what has worked well for you and any company(s) to stay away from. Thanks much Ken Jenkins aka Jinx56:puzzled:
  14. Getting the bikes ready for the ride to Daytona. We replaced Redbeards 99 RSV front pads. When we took off the old pads, both copper/brass shims were mising from both sides? Did this shim come on a 99? I know I have them on my 2001. What purpose do the shims serve? We simply replaced the pads, leaving out the shim, but what effect does this have on the brakes?
  15. A website called web.archive.org has old versions of many websites from as far back as 1996. I did a search for the Venturers site and got to see some interesting threads from 2000 and 2001, back when we were one happy family and I still had a Venture! It was interesting reading that made me a bit nostalgic. There was one thread where I was boasting about only being 34. I wish I was 34! http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.venturers.org This link has a lot of discussions from 2001. http://web.archive.org/web/20010603194849rn_1/www.venturers.org/discus/ I did the search on the Venturers.org site and not this one because it was around longer ago.
  16. Guy says his paperwork and registration say this bike is a 2001. Correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't this a 1999 color scheme? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-Yamaha-Royal-Venture-1300cc-Nice-touring-bike_W0QQitemZ180403323679QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_motorcycles?hash=item2a00e0431f&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245 The colors and position of the colors on the tank and trunk (light on bottom, Dark on top) seem to say 1999
  17. I just got the trike a bit ago and now my wife will not ride with me! Coming from the rear comfort of a Goldwing se to the seat and backrest of a 2001 royal star touring was too much of a slide......... Are there any trunks/backrests that would improve on the situation? I do have an ad in the wanted section. Help!
  18. This is one sweet looking 2001 With all the extras. 1291338926 Craigs list motorcycles venture 2001 $3999.00
  19. I was scanning ebay motors, like I do everyday wishing I had some extra cash and came across a just listed 2001 RSV with a whopping 290,000 miles. The seller says it runs good. I wonder how many HD's could do this?
  20. Anyone know where I can get a jet kit for my '07 Venture? I've looked at Dynajet but it stays it's for years 1996 to 2001. I don't know if this would work or not. Don't know if they changed something on the carbs after 2001. Any Help? Thanks.