Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. I'm a new RSV owner and haven't been able to find answers to my questions, so I apologize if these are repeats. My first question is, how do I change the passing lamps to either come on with low beams instead of high, or stay on regardless of headlight setting? They are currently wired to come on only with high beams. Second question: the passing lamps appear to be misaligned, and I see no obvious way to adjust the alignment. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance!
  2. I have a 2012 RSV, and I'm having a problem with the passing lights. The right side will go off and come back on at random times going down the road. Has anyone experienced this problem? Both bulbs are new and still do the same thing. Thanks for any help.
  3. Okay, I've been lurking for a while but I finally had to join today. I bought my 2004 Midnight Venture 3 weeks ago with 63,000 miles in near showroom condition. I absolutely love it and couldn't ask for more. Anyway so onto my issue. I'm going on a ride with my club later today and was hoping to show the ole girl off. I was adding some air to the tires with my compressor plugged into the dc/cigarette outlet and all was well. Until I fired the bike up while the compressor was running. The compressor stopped immediately and now I have no power to the DC outlet, and worse my head light and passing lamps are out. I'm guessing I blew a fuse but I'm really not sure. Any help would be great. Looks like I'm going to have to take my old bike after all because we're going to the coast and will be riding back at night. Also, I'm not sure if this is the correct place for a post like this...
  4. I have the Yamaha passing lamps on my 07 RSMV. I have also upgraded to the HID headlight. The HID is so bright, you can't even see the passing lights or they just barely appear kinda yellowish. I want to change them out for something that puts out more light and will hopefully be able to use the current Yamaha light bar. Any ideas?
  5. It is with a saddened heart I 'm passing along the following news. Jay/ ragtop69gs's Father had passed away yesterday. I know what he's dealing with due to the timing of his Dad's passing as my Father had passed away several years ago between Christmas and New Years day as well. Prayers going out for Jay, Jeanie, family , and friends during these trying times. Jay will be providing further news and info after tomorrows meeting with the funeral director. Thanks, Larry & Joyce
  6. I wanted to get a new housing for one of my passing lamps. Yamaha can't order just one. I decided to go with H3 Halogen so they (Yamaha) ordered the ones for the tour deluxe. They have a switch on one of them that I didn't want or need. What do I need to do to make this work, and get rid of the switch? I'm doing a makeover on my 99 RSV , and I'm trying to get things finished before the painted parts are done.
  7. Has anyone installed the complete set ,headlight and passing lights ? And if so how do you like them?
  8. I had to replace a burned out bulb for my passing lamps and was reminded what a junky set up they are. Has anyone replaced the passing light buckets with something better? Perhaps something that can be adjusted without removing the bulbs? I'm good for another year or so until these bulbs burn out but I wouldn't mind finding a better set up to mount on my light bar.
  9. Damn, I hate letting the dealer work on my bike. I prefer to do my own work. After some great tips here on how to replace my steering bearings, I thought it was a bit much for my knowledge base and tool box, so after a good deal from the dealer (350.00) I took it there. Three days later I go pick it up and WOW! What a difference. On the way home, I notice my modulator is not working, so I figure they moved the sensor under the tank. Upon further examination, the eye is where it should be, so now I figure they must have turned the switch off while it was apart. As I start looking, I grab the passing lamps and they move? They got about a half inch play in them. Go get a wrench to tighten and it's tight as hell, both of them. Sooooooo, I remove both bolts to find that neither one was in correctly, BOTH stripped, deep in the fork frame!!!! Damn damn. Once I split the faring, found indeed they had switched the modulator off and also ther is an electrical connection not plugged in and I have no idea where it goes too? The two holes for the passing lamps are totally stripped and is my supposed to be leaving for a. Two week trip to Fl next Tue. I do hope they take responsibility of it and fix it (just don't know how). I guess drill out the holes and install helicoils. It seems that the two brackets on the inner faring were too low and didn't allow the bolts to go in correctly so the mechanic just forced them. I cannot get them to raise and am afraid to crack the faring. I tried to pry them up a bit, but they hardly budge and it seems to,stress ihe faring. Damn, I'd hate to have to take the cage on vacation................... Just venting. Thanks
  10. Is this worth it? I cannot find enough on the value expect KBB and they say 5k.. 2002 Midnight Venture For sale. Fully Loaded with 33,000 miles. asking $7,500 Kuryakyn Grips, am/fm stereo, CB Radio, Electronic cruise control, Drivers back rest, Show Chrome Windshield, Hooker Tuneable Exhaust System, Garage Kept, Custom pinstripping, Passing lamps, Luggage Rack, Chrome Forks, Service work done at Yamaha Dealership. (Original exhaust and windshield will go with bike. One headset also included.)
  11. I have a question about a problem I'm having with my headlights Firstly, I have added a set of cheap walmart passing lights to my 89 Venture. I can be driving down the road with either my extra lights on or off and the little computer on my dash will blink on. I can turn off the passing lights and the trouble light will go off for a few minutes and then start blinking again. I installed a relay and tried to wire it the best that i can. The switch for the passing lights is the high/low switch for the dimmer switch on the left-side handlebar. BTW...my lights work fine. My question is: Has anyone else have this type of problem with this type of setup and what did you to alleviate the blinking light on the dash? It's starting to drive me nuts. Thank you gentlemen, I'd appreciate any help that you might think of. Ken
  12. So I've had my 99 RSV completely apart for the last month and a half doing a really nice restoration on it along with some mods thanks to the help of WillBill1 on here. Things are starting to come back together, just got back all my parts from paint. Today we were working on getting all of the electrical back together and adding the Harley License Plate Frame on the back and installing a passing light bar and lights up front. Here's the problem.... all of the Hazard lights seem to be working as they should, however when we go to use the turn indicators none of them work and the flasher unit make a buzzing noise. Everything else works, passing lights, running lights ect. We have checked and double checked all connections and they all look good. Before taking the bike apart everything worked fine. What do you guys think the problem could be? Please Help!! :confused24:
  13. How does a member become a service vendor on this site? Experienced in lowering RSV's both front and back. Also, installing gauges, tachs, air horns and passing lights. Have forty plus years working and riding on various brand motorcycles. Rider First, Harley Owner Second.
  14. I had originally put the teardrop passing lights on my RSTD with the LED parking light / turn signal. I first had them with the wide side up but this looked rather bazarre relative to the headlight, so I flipped them. I had them this way until several close calls with autos and feedback that my turn signal was not well seen in the front. I had not changed the flasher so I was getting the rapid flash. I decided to swap to the Yamaha passing light and put the HD outer ring suggested on this site that gives the hooded look similar to the headlight. I had already moved the original front parking light / turn signals to the back to give me three across parking lights, so I purchased new original front parking light / turn signals but went with the yellow lenses as I liked these better than the white / clear. Here are some pics. Also, I did put in a relay along with a 3 fuse panel from Beaver Electric. It worked out great! I have made some other mods, some worked out some didn't. I'll post those over the next few days. Thanks so much to those on this site who helped me to find many products and ideas for using them. R.
  15. The hollow bolt in my passing light is broken. It's the one that screws into the turn signal from the passing light bucket. Had to do a roadside temporary repair while on a trip. Have searched, but have not found a source for these. Dealer is no help. Does anyone know a source or part number?
  16. Yep. First drop of my 97 Royal Star. Cager pulled out in front of me at a 4-way stop just as I started. I stopped (thank God) in time but dumped the Bike over as I avoided her. No real damage except to my pride and the right side passing lamp and turn signal. Have the replacement lamp and signal located but I'll be @#$% if I can find anyone who sells the (10mm I think) hollow bolt that connects the passing lamp to the turn signal mount. Anyone have any ideas? Help! Michael Gardner 97 Royal Star
  17. Yamaha passing lights... where in Elyria/Oberlin can I get a 7616 bulb on Saturday ? One of my bulbs went on the way down. Don
  18. Passing lamp's for 2008 RSTD? Joe
  19. So I would like to get some passing lamps and I like the tri-bar halogen ones. I inquired about one set with part number STR-4WM35-10-EA and was told they were the lamps only with out the Buckets? Another set with this part number I inquired about says there is no harness, just a wire coming out of the back. That Part number on Yamahas website says Tri Bar Passing Lamps, need to use with mount sold separately. So For a Tri bar set up what part number (s) do I need? does the connecting harness for the passing lamps come with lamp or the mount kit? Do I just need the 1D6 mount and the lamp set part number above? Was trying to do it cheap through different sources, but maybe going through one of the online dealers is the way to go even if its more money. Thanks. RSTDdog
  20. I was looking at the front of my 2006 RSTD next to my 2009 Liner. The liner light looks SOOOO much better. Is there an aftermarket headlight assembly replacement for the RSTD? Any pictures of bikes with this done? Also looking for passing lights to match them. I was looking at the Yamaha lights and bar, but heard about power draw on the light bar as well as all the other options. Whatever headlamp I decide on, I'm going to get some passing lights that compliment it.
  21. 1997 Royal star I have checked continuity and everything is a go from the main headlight wire fuse and all switch works everythin. but I can't seem to be getting any power to them and I don't know how to check for power also all fuses are perfect and ther is ZERO and I mean ZERO corrosian some rich guy owned this and it was kepst in a heated garage up north and a temp controlled carpeted one in Naples florida wires connection are all LIKE NEW HELP!!! the service manual has nothing on passing lights
  22. So is it possible to blow "both" bulbs on my passing light assembly. I started the bike yesterday ...and no passing lamps( i wired them to stay on day and night)...i know one of you can help me with this.
  23. Get this: The guy whom sold me my 1st Venture (I've had many other bikes) actually told me that it had a "passing gear" when I mentioned to him about the clutch slip! I had never heard of anything like this before, but he swore he found it on the internet after the guy he bought it from told him about it. Correct me if I am wrong, but these bikes are like the Suzuki Cavalcade, prone for an under engineered clutch that needs attention because of slippage when the throttle is twisted hard. I talked to a guy at PCW racing today who is putting together a complete clutch package for around $120.00 or so. Is this pretty much inline for a price? I measured a couple of friction disks, and they were borderline in spec, so I am going for the whole package (it has the 6 spring setup). I would appreciate any help you guys could give me, as I lost my job and my unemployment ran out sometime back. Thank you!!
  24. A hunter and his friend were sitting in a tall tower stand near Highway 7 early one cold December morning. Suddenly, a huge buck walked out over the corn they had spread in the low shrubs. The buck was magnificent, a once in a lifetime animal. His rack was huge. The hunter's hand shook as his mind was already counting the Boone and Crockett points. Moving quickly, the hunter carefully aimed the Leopold scope on his ..300 Win Mag at the unsuspecting buck. As he was about to squeeze the trigger on this deer of a lifetime, his friend alerted him to a funeral procession passing slowly down Highway 7. The hunter pulled away from the gunstock, set the rifle down, took off his hat, bowed his head and then closed his eyes in prayer. His friend was stunned, "Wow, that is the most thoughtful and touching thing I have ever seen you do. You actually let that trophy deer go to pay respects to a passing funeral procession. You are indeed the kindest man I have ever known, and I feel lucky to call you a friend." The hunter shrugged. "Yeah, well, we were married for 37 years."
  25. Saw Bob Segar and the Silver Bullet Band last night. A solid 3 hour concert. Man, cant believe that hes now 66 yrs old and the first time I saw him was in Commack NY in 1977. But he still performed great and didnt miss a beat. Too bad ticket prices werent the same as they were in 1977. And it was funny seeing all the old geezers try and rock out to his music. Back then we were passing funny lit things and small pink pills. Now we were all vying for the handicapped parking spot. Man, passing the beach ball is now outlawed too.