Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Is there a 'tech thread' to adjust valves on the first generation bikes? I do see the one for second generation. Is there a shim travel kit around I could share in....even better if there is one around for Canadian members? Thanks.
  2. ....in the least, I figure it is a dam good reason to get Squid to move BACK to Michigan!!! If anyone wants a reputable CBC reporter's (Canadian Broadcasting Corp) take on this law, feel free to PM me and I'll send you the article.
  3. How many trees do you REALLY need. I just got home from a week on the road and there are two dump trucks and a CAT with a tree spade running all over my yard. I didn't even know it but apparently we needed more trees. So....they are putting in 15 new 12-14 ft. Norway Spruces and Canadian Hemlocks and moving 7 other trees that Eileen decided were in the wrong place. Lucky me....new stuff to mow around.
  4. Dingy stopped over for lunch!! Well, he had a hidden agenda, it seems as he bought the remains of s 2nd gen from a certain Canadian member, and another certain Canadian member brought the parts down to my place! I won't spoil the surprise but I will tell you it's gonna end up being a very nice 2nd gen!! Gary, it was great to see you again my friend, hope you and all the parts made it home OK!!!
  5. Canadian VR shirts - location of maple leaf Options for location of maple leaf
  6. I was in Costco the other day and they had a pretty nice looking motorcyle trailer. tried to look it over but they had it standing on end so I could not see the under carriage as it was against the wall. Had nice 12" tires with chrome rims. Nice finish and a fairly low profile. I did think it was a bit long but other than that it looked to be built pretty good. Price was $1400 Canadian. I think you had to buy a spare tire as that was not included. Weight was 150 lbs and cargo load was 250lbs Check out there link http://www.pod-ium.com/PODIUM-motorcycle-luggage-trailer-aluminum.html Bob:301:
  7. Hey all you folks that use the maps of the USA and Canada on your sig line...how in the world, or where...did you get that couple of maps, that you can color in for each state you have ridden through, and the Canadian provinces ???? Is it going to piss anybody off if I color in every state...except Hawaii, and also color in all the Canadian provinces. Yes, I have in fact ridden to all 48 lower states, and ridden all over Alaska, and ridden to all the Canadian provinces. In fact, did all 48 lower states in less than 10 days. So, please...tell me where I can get one of those cool sig line maps. Thanks, Miles Million Mile Rider AMA - IBA:bighug:
  8. Hey all my Canadian friends, I have some questions for you folks about Calgary. I work for a company called Tenaris down here in Texas. We have 4 plants and a corporate office in and around Houston. One of our Manager/Supervisors of our weld mill is going to travel up to another one of our facilities in Calgary Alberta. I mentioned to him that I would talk with some of my Canadian friends and get the lowdown about Calgary. If y'all can help me out with good places to eat, or fishing and hunting areas, or just cool places to go and see, I would really appreciate it. I have heard of the Calgary Stampede, I'm not even sure what thats all about other than Rodeo and such. I notice it's July 6th thru the 15th. I'm not sure about what it would take for him to get a Canadian fishing license and if there is any kind of hunting he can do up there during July and August. Give me some ideas here so I can pass it on to him....Thanks
  9. I was sent a link to a promo vid of the Canadian Rockies and thought some of you might like to have a look. Its filmed in HD In will be told that a few times in the vid, but the scenery and roads are breathtaking in Banff, Jasper, Yoho and Kootenays National Parks. Its about 8 mins long. Remember if you havnt planned your vacation yet we are in Nelson BC to the Kruisn Kootenays Ride on the July 1st weekend. http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/4CMb7yj8Cyk?rel=0&%3bhd=1 brian ....and remember its in 1080 HD..... youll see what I mean......
  10. I have tried three times in the last week to purchase some pants and a jacket from LeatherUp.com and have had all three rejected for different reasons. The first one said they couldn't verify the address (canadian, eh), the second said it had to be paid on paypal (instead of credit card) so for the third attempt I used paypal and I just got a note that they've been told that paypal hasn't approved my purchase of $200 and I've got room of over $500 on the account... Very sad here... wanted to get this stuff in time for my May 1 initial ride of the season... BUMMER! Has anyone else, north of the 49th, had any issue with them? or is this just personal? Thanks.
  11. A letter from a Gutsy Cape Bretoner –Gotta love it!!! “Dear Revenue Canada, Enclosed and/or attached, you will find my 2010 tax return showing that I owe $3,407.00 in taxes. Please note the attached article from the Toronto Globe and Mail; dated 12 November, wherein you will see the Canadian Department of National Defense is paying $171.50 per hammer and Fisheries and Oceans Canada has paid $600.00 per toilet seat for its icebreakers. As payment, I am enclosing four (4) toilet seats (valued @ $2,400) and six (6) hammers valued @ $1,029), which I secured at Canadian Tire, bringing my total remittance to $3,429.00. Please apply the overpayment of $22.00 to next year's tax bill or a roll of toilet paper. It has been a pleasure to pay my tax bill this year, and I look forward to paying it again next year.
  12. An interesting story I just read regarding Canadian tourists in Mexico... http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/reality-check-how-dangerous-is-mexico-for-canadian-tourists-1
  13. On my way to Sudbury to deliver a load,I got held up and was able to spend Monday nite with Hal and Gayle......Then I got ahold of Charlie and met him for coffee....... Always good to see my Canadian friends.... And Rhonda,I'll see ya next time when Brad's in Milwaukee:whistling:..........lmao
  14. ... well, now you will know ! ... eh [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei3rTITyOhY]Santa's A Canadian - YouTube[/ame]
  15. It seems that Canada's reputation as being "The Great White North" is gonna get a boost. It appears that Iceland in considering adopting the Canadian Looney as it's new currency. Awesome! Next...Timmies and the "Double, Double". http://www.cbc.ca/thecurrent/episode/2011/12/09/icelandic-economists-urge-their-country-to-adopt-canadas-currency/
  16. I received this info and thought it important enough to share with everyone. Thought this was good info from the Gov't of Canada ...if you have a cell phone. REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public this month. REMINDER..... all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls. .... YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS!! To prevent this, go to the following web-site for Canadian Telephone Numbers: www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca It is the National DO NOT CALL list It will only take a minute of your time.. It blocks your number for five (5) years. HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON .. It takes about 20 seconds. If you do not have a cell phone, send this email to your friends and family who have a cell and may not know about this recent event.
  17. It looks like we are going to update the Canadian money yet again. This newest edition is definitely eye catching and looks to be tough on security, I am wondering about it being a plastic polymer and how it feels when spending, lol! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X_hw8ze5qo]Bank of Canada collection of new polymer Canadian notes - YouTube[/ame] Brian
  18. Saw a commercial tonight on TV about Canadian Vets. In it there is a couple standing by a Grey (probably 2008 or 9) RSV. Anyone from here?
  19. I just came back from Canadian Tire and noticed they now carry SeaFoam @ $ 9.59/can. (new item here I assume new to Cdn Tire) Keith
  20. Ever wonder what Mt Rushmore looks like to us Canucks? (the Canadian side of Mt Rushmore) [ATTACH]61145[/ATTACH]
  21. Looking at M/C 1/2 covers and have my eye on these two so far http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3/13/117/36883/ITEM/Show-Chrome-Ultragard-Classic-Half-Cover.aspx http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3/13/117/1471/ITEM/Dowco-Guardian-Traveler-Cover.aspx Both are sold by Motorcycle Super Store. The price looks not bad and the reviews are pretty positive. Has any one had any experience with these or the store itself. Have any Canadian members purchased from this company and what was your experience in dealing with them with regards to cross border shipping.
  22. Hey all Just curious, IS there a Canadian Maintenance Day? If so, where, and If NOT, How can i start one up!!!? I've got a shop fully tooled with hoist, out in the country side, some good prairie runs here in Manitoba. Just seen a dozen bikes go by in the last half hour.
  23. I drink Canadian Club & dry.....in a can Can I get it over there easy ?:confused24:
  24. Considering joining the Canadian Cruisers club here in Victoria BC... anybody here belong to this club? Is it very active? Thanks for any info.
  25. mraf

robin

Seen my first Robin! Thats a start. Blowing a south wind so hard here now its probably being detained at the Canadian border by now.