Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Heard this on the news last night. Appears They will be making several different off road models here and the 3 wheel slingshot. Tiny north Alabama crossroads of Greenbrier is excited, wary about new Huntsville Polaris plant | AL.com Bringing 1,700 more jobs to the Huntsville area. Want a job at the new Polaris off-road vehicle plant in Huntsville? Here's what we know now | AL.com
  2. It appears that the Venturers website is back up and running.
  3. It is becoming an addiction. Buying, selling, and trading bikes. I have an opportunity to trade my fully farkled 2008 KLR650 to a guy for a 1995 BMW R1100GS that also appears to be fairly well equipped. 9000 miles on the KLR 60000 miles on the BMW What to do, what to do...... Perhaps there is a 12 step program. RR
  4. I am a newbie ! Just purchased a 1987 Venture 'i bought it cheap-but probably not cheap if My problems are more than the seller had a so called motorcycle mechanic tell him that it needed A clutch ???WHEN TURNING THE ENGINE OVER WITH WRENCH ON FLYWHEEL IN GEAR HAS A POPPING NOISE ON LEFT SIDE OF TRANS-IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT GEAR IT IS IN DOES NOT ROTATE DRIVESHAFT OR UJOINT ??? I have studied the trans diagrams ,it appears to me either spring loaded cog is messed up or has a broken spring. ????? Please give a feed back on this-i am new to these bikes-YOU GUYS KNOW MORE THAN ME ON THIS PLEASE HELP- THANK YOU. JIM :confused24:
  5. Hope this is the right forum. I sold my 84 to a good friend and he has been unable to fix the speedo. Does anyone have a working speedometer? Or an entire cluster? It appears the drive broke where the cable goes in. Which approach should he take? It seems to me changing the entire cluster would be easiest. Thanks in advance.
  6. Two Irishmen are sitting in the pub window seat, watching the front door of the brothel over the road. The local Methodist pastor appears, glances around and quickly goes inside. "Would you look at that!" says the first Irishman. "Didn't I always say what a bunch of hypocrites they are?" No sooner are the words out of his mouth than a Rabbi appears at the door, furtively looks about, and goes inside. "Another one trying to fool everyone with pious preaching and stupid hats!" They continue drinking their beer roundly condemning the vicar and the rabbi when they see their own Catholic priest knock on the door. "Ah, now dat's sad." says the second Irishman. "One of the girls must have died...”
  7. Just filled up the 89 and was thinking about how much other places were charging. Tucson Arizona Paid; $3.659 ( okay $3.66) 87 Octane 126 mi - 3.7 gal = 34mpg It appears to me that if I use a heavy dose of Seafoam my mileage drops. This tank will not have any additives.
  8. http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?model_id=42&Category_ID=14&manufacturer_ID=557&product_ID=29500&sblid_name=Ohlins_Rear_Shocks__S__DR_LS____Royal_Star_____and_current__for_Yamaha_1300_Royal_Star_Venture_ Hi Guys, was looking at the Cruiser Customizing site today, and if it's accurate, it appears we have another alternative from Ohlin, including one with a remote preload adjuster. Their products are generally found on high end bikes with a real reputation for quality, so if it's true, this is great news. Ron
  9. Yesterday, while riding in Vermont to a mountain chalet from Cape Cod (you gotta love exploring road trips) , I was paying attention to an annoying ringing or jingling I have heard for the last year or so. It appears to be from the front left side of my bike. It sounds like an aluminum washer that is lose rattling. I have emptied my bags, divested myself of hanging keys on belt loop, have no Gremlin Bell, removed the helmet hangers and all appears to be tight on my bike. I specifically begin to hear this around 80 km/h (or 50 mph). My Passive Acoustic background is screaming that this is what is termed a FIR (Flow Induced Resonance), that seems to occur in any gear, but mostly when the engine is on load. Any others experiencing the same, or have a solution??
  10. Help!!! I am supposed to be taking a long trip starting tomorrow and my 07 is leaking Antifreeze. There are a couple small drips coming from the rear finned cylinder cover on the left side. I removed the cover and found where it appears to be coming from. But I have no clue what it is. It appears to be a 4th screw hole towards the bottom of the cylinder. I guess it could've blown from somewhere else, but it sure doesn't look like it. - There are no other Antifreeze trails except below it. Have any of you seen this before or have any ideas what is going on? Craigr
  11. Battery on my 03 decided it was going on permanent disability, so I went in search of a new Deka ETX20L AGM battery. This is generally accepted as the one at the top of the heap as far as batteries for the 1800 are concerned. American made, maintenance free AGM, high CCA, one year warranty. Wanted to let you all know that I found what appears to be the best price at Tri-State Battery Warehouse online. It is $77.95 including shipping. Ordered first thing this morning, already have confirmation of the order, I'll let you know how fast they ship. http://www.tristatebattery.com/product_info.php?products_id=981 Joe
  12. I have an 06 RSV that is still under warranty for a few months...The rear shock appears to be leaking now. Is this something that is covered under the warranty?
  13. I have a 97 Royal Star Tour Classic, My question is,.. will the risers from a RSTV work on my bike? It appears that they will pull the handle bars back a little. Here is what I have on my bike: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Royal-Star-Tour-Touring-HANDLEBAR-RISERS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e5f0741caQQitemZ130443329994QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories Here is what I am looking at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Royal-Star-Venture-XVZ1300-HANDLEBAR-RISERS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19be0722d6QQitemZ110562321110QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories Also how do I remove the top half of the risers? It appears that the bolts have chrome caps on them? I have not dug into them yet, just trying to get my ducks in a row before I do. The reason for the question is that I am going to install a fairing, and need a little bit more room in front of the risers. Thanks! Darrin
  14. My 87 model has developed a significant oil leak in the last few months. It does not leak when parked, only when it warms up. It drips about once every 12 seconds, and because of the crossbar that supports the footrests, I could not tell where it was coming from. I thought it was from the shift lever, because it has always leaked a little. I removed the crossbar. It appears the leak is coming from the middle of the crankcase behind the torx head screw that is directly below the big round sidecover (with the Yamaha logo). One of the torx crankcase screws was not torqued fully, but the one pictured was. There is a tiny metal tube under the crankcase and it appears wet. The bottom of the crankcase in the front where the fins are appears dry. There is a light haze of leakage on the heads as well, shown in the last pic. It wipes off easy and I don't think it has any bearing on the drips. An I sunk here? The oil gets all over everything and is a mess. Thanks! http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab244/bigpixels/xarm.jpg http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab244/bigpixels/dripdrip.jpg http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab244/bigpixels/tinytube.jpg http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab244/bigpixels/dripdrip2.jpg See the drip??? Here is one head....They are all "weeping" a little..http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab244/bigpixels/headseep.jpg
  15. Yes I really did say that, but there’s a good reason. You see, if it was riding season I would be missing out on riding for at least a few days because of a little mishap earlier today with a 20-ton log splitter. The wife and I were splitting more firewood this afternoon because “Global Warming” hasn’t kept things nearly as warm as advertised and we’ve been burning wood since late September. You’d think that I would be an experienced “hand” with the log splitter by now, but apparently not as I managed to insert my left index finger between a log and the end stop on the splitter. OUCH! Nothing appears to be broken, but I did lose some hide and the ‘meat’ appears to be pretty mashed. Darn thing is still leaking a bit and the little accident happened seven hours ago. Looking on the bright side, at least its still winter and riding season is at least a month away, probably more than that here. I think it will be a while before my finger can stand the little vibration we get in the handlebars.
  16. Okay. I know my antennas are backwards based on another set of posts I've read. My problem is making the switch. I do not use the CB but at times the reception on the FM is not good and I'm hoping thr switch will help. I have an 04 RSV. I can turn the bottom where everything turns but I can feel what appears to be something turning inside as well so I stopped. Any suggestions on how to do this right? It should be easy but I'm afraid of breaking something. Thanks
  17. I ordered (and paid for) the 'Big Mirrors' for my Venture from 'thecycleking' which, as I understand it, represent Harber's Cycle. The purchase was made on ebay and paid with paypal. That was some two months ago. So far there has been no product, no answer to my emails (X4) and they haven't answered their phone (X2). I also completed the ebay resolution procedure which said that my complaint has been filed but that appears to be as far as that goes. It is not my intent to sully this company's reputation, as hopefully this is a unique situation and a simple mistake, but I am not sure of how to proceed next. Their reputation on ebay appears to be stellar. Has anyone here dealt with Harber's Cycle recently? Suggestions? Thanks. Jdix
  18. Did anybody catch this ebay item?????? Not sure I understand why 2 engines, but hey, at least they are V-4s! Guy appears to understand & practice good workmanship. It's different, that's for sure. Submitted for your viewing pleasure (or not).... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-OF-A-KIND-TWIN-ENGINE-REVERSE-TRIKE_W0QQitemZ280389197365QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_motorcycles?hash=item41487f9e35&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245
  19. Okay since I'm laid-off now i finally have time to work on the bike. Got busy today and so far have the motor pulled out of the bike and waiting for help to put it on the work bench. bad part about being laidoff is all your help is working for money when you try and get them to help. Anyhow sofar no signs of cracks in the case but the drive shaft appears bent and the output shaft of the motor has broken off. Not sur what thi means for what i might find inside the motor but has me hopeing i can repair and not have to part out
  20. Font highlights all of a sudden, On the web site where ever the word Venture appears it is highlighted Aqua, wherever ORG appears it is highlighted in Magenta, and where ever www appears it is highlighted in Canary Yellow. Is everyone seeing this or has some one put something in my beer?
  21. Just thought I'd post a picture of the trailer I ran down to TX to pick up a couple weekends ago. I'll get better pictures of it once I get the bike set up and it attached. It's a home made jobbie, and appears to be a tool chest mounted to a sprung axle frame. Lots of big LED lights on the back.. That's a good thing..
  22. I have a seat that appears to be a Corbin studded with back pilon passenger. Curious if anybody know what years it will fit besides 99 which it came off of. Thanks and God Bless. Mike
  23. Rode my bike and noticed a pretty good oil leak on the left side. Appears to be coming from up around top on the motor, under gas tank, right around or above the rubber housing by the carbs. I haven't pulled the tank to see if I can see anything else. Has anyone had this problem that could give me some clues on what and how to look for this leak? Thanks in advance. Update: Finally had a chance to run the leak down. It appears to be gasoline rather than oil. Right under the air filter box there appears to be a rubber joint with a clamp on it that connects from the bottom of the air box to the top of the carb. ( I think) The clamp is set at the top of the boot, right below the air box, and will not tighten up. If I move it to the bottom of the boot, at what appears to be the top of the carb, I can tighten it up better but there is still a leak at the very bottom of the air box. The bike runs o.k. at 70 MPH. If I push it up to 85 MPH it will blow blue smoke until I take it back to 70 MPH.
  24. Ok, here's the deal. I was very glad when I found there was a site for Yamaha Ventures Today I purchased an 88 Venture Royale. It is in what appears to be very good shape, however I noticed that it would not rev up. It will go well out of the hole but will not let the rpm's get very high. You need to shift sooner than usual or it will bog down. Max speed as it is right now is about 45 mph. At a standstill if you give it throttle it will only rev up a little and then it stutters. I pulled the parts off to look down the throat of the carbs and as I give it throttle all 4 sleeves appear to shutter after moving only a little. Since the rest of the bike was excellent, the transmission felt good and the engine appears to run well I thought I would take a chance on it being something relatively simple. Any ideas? or do I have a real nice coat rack in may garage? Thanks for any help you can give me BnkrBill
  25. I was looking at the specs for these two bikes and it struck me very odd that the RSV was only about 20 pounds heavier, does that sound right? It also appears that a different frame is used between the two, is that correct also?