Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

Found 10 results

1. I am sitting home recuperating from another injection into my spine for the lower back pain that has me up and down. The last injection lasted me over 6 months, the Dr. thought that was amazing. I hope this one last just as long, you normally have to get at least 2 or 3 before you get some relief, but I got a good Dr. and he hit it right the first time, not like the Dr. Charlene used 6 times and never got any relief, that why she went the surgical route. On another note wanted to let ya'll know I have posted the V Star 1300 Tour I have had for the last 5 years on E Bay. Got to make room for the Trike I have yet to find, but not in a big hurry, at least Charlene isn't. If anyone is interested in it from the site, I would be willing to sell it for the reserve price I have listed on Ebay. If you want to check it out here is the lilnk. http://www.ebay.com/itm/130754333785?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
  2. I am just curious as to how you guys rank the Venture against the Goldwing? I personally like my Venture better then the Wing and the biggest reason is i think the Venture is a more comfortable bike. There are things that the Goldwing has that i wish my Venture had like Reverse and fuel injection being the two main ones but i think the Venture has more comfy seats and i like the floorboards way better then the pegs and upright seating position that the Goldwing has. It actually feels very vintage and outdated to me when i sit on one and ride it. I am basically just talking about comfort here, forget the looks, price difference, fuel injection, and reverse etc. If the Wing and the Venture were the same price and you wanted a nice comfortable touring bike based on the smoothness of the ride and the comfort level between the two bikes, which bike would you buy? The Venture honestly gets my vote. I have ridden a Goldwing but not on a long distance trip or anything like that. From what i see the RSV just seems like a more comfortable bike and if i was going on a 1000 mile trip, it seems to me like the Venture would be the more comfortable choice. Agree or disagree?
  3. I know and have seen where enterprizing folks have converted Honda Valkyrie's to feul injection even one with multi-port injection, but mostly to throttle body FI and most were supercharged also, if its possible on the valkyrie why not on the RSV. Why can't we make a manifold and use a single side draft throttle body with proper CFM and fuel flow. Point out all the problems to me. Gregg
  4. Does anybody know what is coming down the pike regarding a new RSV. A new engine with fuel injection? Might be in the market for a new touring machine in a year or two.
  5. Guest

New Machine

Any truth to the rumor that Yamaha is doing a V Twin with fuel injection for a redesign of the Royal Star?
  6. I have been thinking about getting a new bike and keep saying "get another Venture" but then again I stop and consider all of it's shortcomings? ---It's dog slow ---It does not have fuel injection ---It does not have ABS Brakes ---It even has a casette and even Walmart does not sell them things anymore ---The speakers cry-out for UPGRADE Hold on: Maybe I should tell you why I say these things. "I have an 06 FJR1300 with ABS, Fuel injection and it's a pleasure to drive and even puts a smile on your face just pulling out of the drive", whereas riding that bull of a Venture is like having to struggle to get a big ole fat man to move out of it's shadow"....If you kno what I mean. But, then again I think of what I will have to put-out to get all of those qualities, ie., 22,000.00 Gold Bling and that's when I come to realize that that ole Venture is a bargan with it's 5-year warranty at the discounted price of 15,000.00 that you can easily find. Then, I cross my fingers and hope that Yamaha can see the light and come-up with a better motor with fuel injection, ABS brakes, AM/FM/MP3/CB and so because I like their bikes. O' well, What's life without wishing.....and by tha way, If you are ever at a place where this bike is for demo http://www.triumphrocket.com/ make sure you ride it because It will give you a whole new take on big-bike performance. Whew!
  7. according to one of my magazines, a yamaha source said the new vmax is coming. yamaha wants to be sure it is exactly right before it's release. they want to out do the new b-king. i still say the vmax will be the test bed for the engine for the royalstar replacement all new tourer of the future for yamaha. the venture is becoming archaic by todays touring standards, and do to be replaced. look for 1800, v4, aluminum frame, fuel injection, advanced styling, and much more. this is probably why they haven't improved on the rsv. it's just holding over to be replaced by something totally new. thats just my guess.
  8. So now I learn that an RSV has no fuel injection as well as ABS. Wherever I go, the rave seems to be fuel injection! ABS is debated. Sometimes it seems to me that those who don't like ABS are those who are selling non-ABS bikes, but I could be wrong. I might be able to live with non-ABS, but fuel injection is always highly regarded when I read about it. However...I note that some on here ARE GLAD that the RSV does not have fuel injection. I am not a mechanic. So I don't know fuel injection from fuel rejection. I think it has something to do with not having a normal carburetor. I heard someone say that fuel injection is a wonderful thing to have when you have a bike that goes up the Himalayas. But I am not sure what it means or why people are happy with it or not. Can someone enlighten me here and tell me why I should be overjoyed that the RSV does not have fuel injection? Does this mean I will actually be able to fix something?
  9. Anyone have any idea when Star might introduce the '08 RSTD's and Venture's? Are do you know if either will come with fuel injection? Thanks, Chief
  10. Hi Folks, as i have read, there are some Guys, which might be interested in passing the damned Carb-Stuff out and go for a Fuel Injection System. As the Carbs and Strakes are not that big different on a Venture, it will mechanically fit and work properly on all the Ventures you use. Just the Mapping should be different, because of the different Valve-Sizes and other Camshafts. I know this Guy, which has an Injection-System developed and fitted to several Vmaxxes, from 1200 cc Stock-Engine up to his 1670 cc Monstermax. Works also on a 1200cc Engine with a Blower... As i heard these Days, they now have also a done Deal with a Distributor in the States .... Here's the Link to the EFI in the States http://wildbros.com/EFI.html If have worked on that System at a Friends Max, was a quite impressive Moment. I will upgrade my Max next Winter. As i'm not only seeking for the Gain of Power, i will not use the advertised Fuel Computer, instead i will go for the Full Motor Management, which comes which Lambda-Control and Regulation of the Igniton-System. This System runs already on a Development-Bike with really great Performance. If you are a "Save the Planet" Type, you also can mount some Catalytic Converters and run the Bike in perfect EPA-Conditions. It's just for your Information, i'm not related in any Ways to the People who are doing that Business.