Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. My wife wants a small bag and a cup holder attached somewhere she can access them while we're riding. So I'm needing some ideas. We went to Iron Pony and I bought a cheap(soft) cup holder and a leather tool bag thinking I could just attach them to the grab handles. Well, they hang funny and look goofy. I can't fasten them rigid, because you have to lift them up to open the side bags. Do any of you out there have any ideas?
  2. Been meaning to post this for a while now. Went to Wally World and got a Zefal aluminum bicycle bottle cage for $7 Went to Lowe's and picked up 1 Mending Brace for $2, 2 rubber lined P clamps for $2 and some nuts and bolts for $2 I cut the Mending Brace to sizes I needed than rounded off the squares corners on a grinder. I Attached it to my Mirror Stem on the right side just above the Brake Fluid Reservoir. Since the holder is metal I can spread it wider or squeeze it smaller to fit any size cup or can I might be using. If the resizing ever causes it to break all I have to do is replace the bottle cage for $7 and swap it out. For the passenger I simply used a a conduit clamp and a piece of Mending Brace. I riveted the cup holder and the mending brace together then used the conduit clamp around the passenger hand railing and attached that to the mending brace. Here are the pics of the material and the actual mounting for the front sorry forgot pic for the passenger cup holder
  3. and side lights for trailer today... didn't like the standard lights not bright enough...$39.00 @ HF for tail lights, side lights & wiring (which i didn't need, oh & license holder)
  4. About to buy one, but I don't recall this... Does the Tour Deluxe have 1" or 1-1/4" bars on it?
  5. I know there are a couple threads about this from 2-4 years ago. I saw the ones at Aces High Leathers ( for ). Was a Reasonable costing bottle holder ever identified? If so, pics and a link would be awesome! Stay hydrated!!
  6. Ok , this all started when I put on my R-Mark hitch, the hitch by the way was shipped quickly, has very good instructions and looks awesome. A buddy stopped over to look at the hitch and said I should make a flag holder that to slip in the hitch. We started talking and as things go pieces were cut, we went and used a welder and anyways here is the results . . . I realize this ain't that pretty but I rode from Kankakee to the South Side Irish Parade. Clipped on Ole Glory and it worked very well.
  7. Is there an alternative to the OEM Yamaha gas filter 1FK-24560-10 That can be used in the stock holder? They have less expensive filters at Autozone & advanced Auto (like the ones I buy for my beetle), but does anyone know what application would fit the holder? http://www.bikergarage101.com/media/00/a20791f12fec63c7847cbc_m.JPG Also what size diameter inlets are they 5/16 (ok 8 mm)?
  8. I have a smart phone and use it for a speedometer, navigation and music on the bike (but refuse to use it as an actual phone while on the bike ) Anyway I have never been able to find a mount that I really liked, nor could I find one that would position it where I wanted it, so I had to make my own. I went to Radio Shack and started looking around and found a car mount system for $20 that I could cannibalize (don't tell BoomerCPO's pygmies though). I then used some mending brace and rubber lined P clamps and attached it to my mirror stem on the left side. The hardest part was finding a way to have at least a three point mounting for stability. As You can see in the pics there are three p clamps holding it in position. Additionally you will see that the piece that it all attaches to is actually setting on the top of the reservoir cover. All and all it makes it a very stable mounting. As for the swivel ball on the holder I had to used a grinder and flattened it out a little bit to accommodate the bolt head under it. This winter I will be cleaning it up by using shorter bolts. I will also be replacing the mending brace with metal strapping and will add rubber to the bottom where it sits on the reservoir. If I can find a local place to do it I might even get it chromed. One side note is that the holder squeezes the phone very well and I have never had it move or try to bounce out . . . well wait there was this one time I forgot to squeeze it shut and took of down the road. Lucky for me I looked over at it just as it was getting ready to leave my presence at 60 MPH and I was able to catch it in midair. I now have a small green rubber band around the top. It's isn't really there to hold the phone it's just a visual reminder to me to lock the phone in. No green no go. Here are some pics
  9. hey everyone. need handlebar holder. i have one side stripped and cant torque bar nut. anyone? its number 10 on the diagram. 10 26H-23442-01-00 HOLDER, HANDLE LOWER . . . 1. looks like this. http://www.swamotorsportwarehouse.com/YAMAHA-XVZ12T-1200-VENTURE-83-HANDLEBAR-LOWER-HOLDER-FITTING-26H-23442-01-00-XVZ1200-5503
  10. I have some under the kitchen cabinette lighting. It has one of those touch sensor things that increase the light 3 brightness then off. Its about 2 to 3 years old and is used alot for it really brightens up the kitchen counters. One day my wife went to put it on and the touch switch flashed/sparked then nothing after that. SoI took about the controller circuit board and found a blown fuse. I unsoldier the fuse and then went looking for a 3amp 250 volt glass fuse (like an auto glass fuse). Places do have the fuse but I need one with fuseable wires at the end of the fuse so I can soldier it to the circuit board. None at Radio Shack. None at Fry's Electronic. So I cliped off one end of the wire off the old fuse and tried to soldier it to the new fuse. no luck the soldier won't stick to the metal end of the fuse. So then I went looking for a singel fuse holder that I could soldier. No luck. So I'm thinking, what if I bought an auto inline fuse and soldier it and found a place to tuck the fuse holder. Does anyone see any reason why that wouldn't work or be unsafe? Next I'll need to find a touch sensor switch for I'm guessing that the touch switch shorted out causing the fuse to blow.
  11. FYI I went to Wally World and bought a bottle holder for a bycycle with a handle bar mount and put on the hand rail my better half is thrilled. Very simple and cost me $9.99 for the material.
  12. This does not have a receiver.... So if you are a PGR member, it would be hard to switch from flag holder and back to trailer. I just saw it and thought this might help someone else. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.m748&item=190582644319&viewitem=&_trkparms=clkid%3D3155915016270951475#ht_500wt_1182
  13. anyone put a cup holder on a 83 venture ? if so which kind did ya get and where did you mount it so its easy to get to and not in the way?
  14. I can't believe how fortunate I am. Before leaving for Cody, the AC started leaking water on the floor but I couldn't find the starting point. I was sure it was condensation water but from where? After we left, I got a call from our son saying that the washing machine had quit rinsing and spinning. I gave him some ideas but said I would deal with it when I got home if they didn't work. Wednesday, in Cody, my headlight/instrument panel lights stopped working. The fuse checked out so.... maybe the starter cut out switch or the CMU? I'll deal with that when I get home, the bike still runs properly. Then Friday, we rode as far as Tremonton, Utah. After a quick bite at McD, Jan's bike wouldn't start. Jump the bike, it runs; disconnect the cables, it dies. Luckily we were traveling with great friends and so we loaded the bike in the trailer and finished the trip home. The resolutions: Jan's bike - started with the battery and found the neg cable lose. Tightened it up and the bike fired right up!! One down, three to go. My bike - double checked the fuse, good. Checked the voltage at the fuse holder, nothing. The fuse holder clamp was broken! Put a jumper wire across the fuse holder....headlight works!! I did the fuse block upgrade, all is well. Two down. AC - Started checking to find the source of the water, touched the condensation plate drain pipe, it moved....shouldn't do that, should it? Pulled the pipe and made sure it was clear (cleared a minor obstruction when I blew through it). A little PVC glue to re-assemble the pipe. Number three fixed!! Washing Machine - Don't know much about washing machines....Call the Man. My wallet is a little lighter now. He replaced the defective cold water inlet valve and now we can have clean clothes. All in all, very lucky! Dave
  15. After installing my highway lights, the fuse got so hot after about 2 hours of riding that it literally melted the solder right off the caps. That cheap plastic fuse holder is total junk. I cracked the fairing open, re-routed the wires to the opening under the triple tree in the back of the inside fairing, replaced the stock fuse with a weatherproof mini AGM 10 amp fuse, and was able to tuck the whole thing under the tank where it is totally accessible without having to split the fairing again. What a pain, but it beats the alternative. That stock in-line plastic fuse holder and old style fuse just aren't designed to handle the current I guess. The new one is working fine, and doesn't get warm at all to the touch.
  16. Rumor has it that Congressman Anthony Weiner is going to run for president. He has chosen Attorney General Eric Holder as his running mate. Get your Weiner-Holder bumper stickers early, before they are all gone
  17. I am looking for a OEM shop manual for my 2008 RSV. I checked with my local dealer and he said they were unavailable. He offered me an after market one that was not specifically for RSV's. I also need to get a cup holder, which may not be that big of a deal. I saw a post on here about a cup holder from Target for less than $10. Thanks for any help ya'll can offer. Charlie, Midlothian, Va
  18. Ok looking for better minds than mine. I've found a parade flag pole holder I really like . Problem is it is made for a goldwing. ??is will it fit on my markland hitch?? http://emblem.legion.org/Motorcycle-Parade-Flag-Holder/productinfo/120.220/ thanks in advance david
  19. Hi all I HAVE ADDED SOME PHOTOS It has been one year and 2 days since I injured my back at work and now I am facing surgery and the end of my riding carreer. I wanted to give the members here an opportunity to let friends or someone they know who is interested in these bikes to get a great deal. The bike is 2005 royal star tour deluxe with 19200 miles. It has a Voyager Trike kit that I just installed in August hoping that would make it able for me to ride but the pain won out again. I am not sure how to download pictures or what is policy of forum about selling bikes but wanted to let members know about it before I put it on EBAY. Bike has pipes, Mustang seat with drivers rest, new highway pegs, kuryakin grips. rador detedtor holder, fast lane pass holder, second tall windshield (one on bike is 4" lower than stock), kuryakyn travel bag. I will include 20-50 amsoil and new filter. I also have carbon one stand for bike if the trike kit is taken off. I am pricing the bike and basically throwing in the trike kit for free so that it could be sold if taken off the bike. I am asking $7000 firm for the bilke and all accessories and will store for winter with $5500 deposit for pickup in spring. Will miss riding and the forum Thanks Dan:95::95::95:
  20. For those that kept asking where I got the holder, here is the link and info: Called BareFoot Willies, the 1" type, but when you get it, go buy a couple of longer bolts, tilt the cup holder up slightly. The saddle bag lid will hit if you do not slightly tilt it up. http://www.barefootwillies.com
  21. Anyone have a left side helmet holder you'd part with? I know my key probably wouldn't fit it but that's ok since I don't use them anyway. I put on a strip light and used the helmet holders to secure it and didn't check to keep them tight and the left one fell off. I would like to get it back original if possible. PM me if you have an extra. (06 RSV) Thanks. Bill
  22. I think this has been discussed here before, I have been noticing over the years that my clear-coat on my tank is starting to scratch a little and I was wondering were some of you are placing the holder that was on the tank for your head-seat plug in might be now> If moved? . any pictures would be great. not sure if there is a better location for this or maybe another idea? my cord when plugged in seems to be the problem. (rubbing in that area) all the time. Thanks, Jeff
  23. I have a Blackberry Bold and I bought a mount from "the Mountguys" on the web. It was a fairly inexpensive way to mount the BB to listen to my music. However, after about 30 days I noticed a crack in the back of the mount and within another month the crack was all the way across the mount and it broke in half. I contacted the Mount Guys and they denied ever having a problem with them but, replaced the head (holder part) anyway. Well another 45 days later and I have a large crack across the back of my newest holder. I contacted the Mountguys and they informed me that they still have had no issues from anyone else on this mount and would not be replacing it again in spite of the fact that both item failed in exactly the same place and manner. Those of you who know me know that my 99 is well kept and in fact, still looks almost new and I take good care of it so the part was not abused. I am now going to find another supplier for some type of mount to hold my BB as, I have already run the cable back into the fairing and cleaned up the look etc. I won't buy again from this provider. Anyone have suggestions for a BB mount on the handlebars? boo www.mountguys.com :sign **** happens:
  24. last week i was surfing & came across a chrome cup holder. i ordered it & it came in. i could not wait to get it installed. i have been on call & the hours don't leave good mechanicin' time. today i got it installed as well as re routing the driver audio cable. the pictures will be mixed up due to naming conventions, but you will get the idea after reading this novel. one pic shows the factory ad. it is/was on sale for 36 bucks and some shipping. go to www.cruisercustomizing.com and do a search for cup holder. there are a couple of pics checking out which side to mount the holder on. i put the handlebar mount on the right & just held the cup there. that won't work for me, so it is off to the other side. i really wanted something to hold my Mp3 player & the included extra foam for smaller containers is great for the player & cord. i feel the friction fit will it sufficiently, but a ride down I-10 in Louisiana will be the ultimate test. there have been improvements to I-10, but only because of Hurrican Katrina, Rita, Ike & Gustave to improve hurricane evacuation routes. the cup holder comes with 2 sets of inserts to fit 3 different handlebar sizes. i took the smaller of the two to get it mounted by the radio unit. i took several pictures of after mounting for different view. included in the pictures are my re routing the audio cable. i did not like that it hung over the tank left side. the previous owner had removed the rubber holder. it was in the trunk among the other stuff that came with the bike. i cut velcro type material to fit the rubber holder, cleaned both surfaces with al -key - haul & mounted it to the tank cover. i used my dremel rotary tool with a similar size stone to make the new hole so the cable would come through the inside of the ingnition cover straight down the tank. i can't test ride as i won't hear my on call phone ringing, so i will wait until coming wednesday for a ride when i am off . i hope all holds up. dale in La.
  25. Has anyone ried one of these water bottle holders? http://www.acehighleathers.com/web-content/Pages/Other_fun_Stuff.html