Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. http://www.bikemp3.com/GL800-Mirror-Turn-Signals-Smoked-Lens-HGW-TRN-SMK.htm ... and this is for a PAIR Did I place my order? .... you betcha!
  2. I've got a pair of Wolo Bad Boy air horns on my 89. The left one is newer because it was replaced after a crash. The design of the left is a bit different than the right, it does not have that apparent intake hole like the right one and the Stebel horn has. The left horn started sounding pretty weak. I tore into it expecting to find a nest of some sort in the intake hole, which I never found. In my search I noticed that there are a pair of holes in the bottom which are apparently used to hold the brushes back during installation (at least that's what I used them for on reassembly). Since I had the armature out I lubed the bearings. That solved the problem. My guess is some dirty water got in through the bottom holes which put some drag on the shaft. The last couple rides before it acted up were wet and sloppy. The older horn has the same holes and I suspect is vulnerable to the same problem. **EDIT** Didn't mention: The armature can be removed by removing the brush plate at the bottom. There are a pair of phillips screws near the electrical terminals. Putting screws back is not fun because magnets pull them out of alignment with the holes. I stuck the ends of a paper clip through the holes to hold the brushes back during assembly.
  3. Well we pulled the trigger and bought a Scala Q2 Pro Multi-Set to replace the wired intercomm/audio system on the '91 VR, and at this point I'm not so sure it was a good idea. Strike 1: Contrary to what I've read or was lead to believe, you cannot stream stereo audio from your A2DP MP3 player to BOTH headsets. Strike 1. Strike 2: Streaming audio to one headset does work, but when you talk, or make/answer a phone call (We have iPhones....), audio streaming stops and does not restart until you unpair and then pair the phone to the headset. This is WAY wrong..... Strike 3: Apparently you cannot pair an iPhone and an iPod to a headset at the same time. I've tried and it doesn't work. This just doesn't sound right because the manual says I can pair a GPS, a phone, AND an A2DP MP3 player, AT THE SAME TIME!!!! The only thing I can think of is the iPod and the iPhone "look the same" to the Scala, so if I pair the iPod first, and then pair my iPhone, the iPod gets dropped.... Our original plan was my GF would pair her iPhone to her headset and I would pair my iPod to my headset. According to what I was lead to believe, we could listen to the iPod, and when a call came in she could answer it and I could keep listening to music. Well, that ain't gonna happen. Did we just make a $250.00 mistake, is the manual inaccurate about the pairing process (I'd think there would be different procedures for different devices.....), or am I doing something wrong? TIA.. And Y'All ride safe...
  4. I'm looking to get some tires for my 83. Anyone found a good deal? My local stealer is offering a pair of Dunlop for $269 (pair). and $52.00 for labor. Does this sound ike a good deal? Thanks.
  5. Well I got the clutch bled properly, checked the air pressure in the tires and went for a ride. The class is acting up...I have to press on the connection from behind to see the display..but other than that it seems to be working OK. Went for a 1/2 hr ride and changed the oil and filter (I know ....that should have been done BEFORE it was stored) Does anyone have a set of chrome speaker trim? I think they were from Ventureline.....just an "outline" of the speaker grill in chrome. I'd be interested in buying a pair if anyone has some. Also looking for the chrome tabs that go on the top-back corners of the faring...they are about 3" long, with a 90 degree bend and cover the corner.
  6. FYI Polk Audio speakers (db 401s and others) on sale at Crutchfield buy one pair...get the scond pair 1/2 price...approx $45.00 savings.:cool10: And...FREE SHIPPING! From Crutchfield's website: Double the speakers, not the price Buy one pair of Polk Audio db-series speakers or subs, and get a second pair of Polk db speakers or a Polk db sub of equal or lesser value for half price. Just add the qualifying Polk Audio gear to your cart. We'll automatically apply the 50% instant savings to the qualifying item on your order.
  7. This is to see if there is any interest in having engine side covers made. The part #s would be: 41R-21731-00-00 and 41R-21741-00-00. They are a 1st gen part only. Will be made from Mirror Finish 18 gauge Stainless. The right side will not be dimpled for the screws, but I figure a couple of nylon washers glued in place should work just fine. Cost would be about $100.00 for the pair and may include shipping. It maybe cheaper, depending on how many we need. We just worked out a maximum price today. The ones shown are chrome, so for identification only.
  8. Anyone interested in tandum jumping out of a plane next year...of course we will have a parachute.....:whistling:cost is around $175.00 plus a new pair of shorts...I need another 5 brave souls (or more) to take the plunge...This includes a video of you soiling yourself.. :yikes:
  9. Does anyone have a source for H4 headlight plugs? I have a pair of headlights coming that I want to hook up to the stock Hi/Lo beam switch through a pair of relays. If I can get some male and female H4 plugs and sockets the wiring can be kept reversible back to stock.
  10. I've found two pairs of eye glasses left on the little table beside the coffee maker in the garage. One pair of blue sunglasses. One pair of silver framed glasses that appear to be prescription. If they are yours, PM me your address and I'll get them in the mail.
  11. for RSV or RSTD can bring to Don's MD $70.00 for the pair. SPOKEN FOR GONE.
  12. TRUCKER'S BREAKFAST A trucker came into a Truck Stop Cafe' and placed his order. He said I want three flat tires, a pair of headlights and a pair of running boards.' The brand new blonde waitress, not wanting to appear stupid, went to the kitchen and said to the cook, 'This guy out there just ordered three flat tires, a pair of headlights and a pair of running boards.... What does he think this place is, an auto parts store?' 'No,' the cook said. 'Three flat tires ... mean three pancakes; a pair of headlights.. is two eggs sunny side up; and a pair of running boards... Are 2 slices of crisp bacon ! 'Oh... OK!' said the blonde. She thought about it for a moment and then spooned up a bowl of beans and gave it to the customer. The trucker asked, 'What are the beans for, Blondie?' I LOVE THIS ONE......... 'She replied, 'I thought while you were waiting for the flat tires, headlights and running boards, you might as well gas up! FOR ONCE THE BLONDE GETS EVEN!!!!!
  13. I was given a little cash from my ex co-workers for my retirement...the caviet was I must buy bike stuff! Tough crowd but I see more chrome and such in my bikes future. I was wondering if anyone has the harley rear lighting system laying around. I know Buckeye has some listed. Right now I am not interested in full price items unless I have to ( cheaper means more stuff right). So far I have bought a new tire and a new pair of mesh type pants I have been after but too cheap to buy myself. Got em from Motorcycle Gear through the link so we should get some credit. Thanks all.
  14. I am looking for a pair of ladies boots for my wife. She needs to feel comfortable riding behind me. Also, she just got her own license and so would do so much better if she had a good pair of boots of her own. I would wish for a pair of women's 9 1/2 Gortex zipper boots for a narrow foot. While I'm wishing, I want it all for under $100. It would make a nice surprise for her if I could pull it off for a surprise. Any ideas ladies. Iowa Guy
  15. Guest

I was stupid on e bay

:confused24:I was bidding for a pair of tank emblems for a 96 RS. I have a 2007 RSTD but don't like the tank emblems. Anyway the pair was being sold individually and all I won was the right side. I was bidding against some one else and bid the same for both thinking I would be beat or win them. Wrong!! well if any one has a set or just the left I would like to buy them from you or I will sell the right hand one. Live and learn I guess. Thanks Reno
  16. NO NO NO!!! I have a nice pair of RIDING BOOTS. I haven't been able to get them on since my accidents and all the cutting they did on my leg & foot til this week. I finally got my bad foot into the boot but it is too tight to wear. Foot is still very tender. Hurts like he** to get it on but I really want to wear these things for some reason.How can I break in in to that foot? Wearing it is very painfull. If I soak it and wear it dry would it help? Don't know if I can stand it that long. When they put my foot back togather my instep? (top of my foot) came out higher than it was and was already higher than normal making it hard to find Slip-on boots I could wear. I really like this pair of Iron Age boots and would like to make them fit. Any ideas?? I've alredy looked for that spray-on stuff that used to be around but can't find it. I'm afraid of getting the thing on and pressure causing it to swell til I can't get it off!!
  17. Probably a wasted request but what the hey... thought I'd give it a shot anywayz Maybe someone out there has a pair collecting dust somewhere ... either that or maybe decided to switch back to stock or another brand .... if you wanna find a new home for those Khromewerks, gimme a shout.
  18. Does anyone know where I can buy 4 of these for my 07 midnight? Saw a pair on a v star and they looked shape.
  19. Ok, my old HHH Wellington boots that I ride with are about worn out and leaking after about 12 years of rideing use. So. I recently purchaced a pair of " Ariat, Ironside H20 work boots " Which basicly look like Cowboy boots. However you can get them in Wide, and Double wide size. ( EE width ). !!!!! I stopped in at the Cabela's store in Olympia Wa. a few months ago to check them out. They did not carry the EE width in store , so I had to mail order them. However I was very inpressed with the Insoles, and the soft leather. 1/2 sizes , and EE up to size 12. So whats the big deal here ?? OK, if you happen to be one of those--- UN- lucky--- folks who needs EE OR EEE width Boots, you will understand how hard it is to find a comfortable " boot " that fits !!! I normaly buy size 10 1/2 EEE shoes when I can find them. In this case I ordered size 11 EE. They arrived UPS, and wa la, they fit !!! I have been wearing them for 8 hours at a time for break in and so far, they are fantastic. Very comfortable, and flexable. Also, they have a feature to allow better entry of the heal when putting them on. If you need a pair of boots, I highly reccomend finding a dealer, and checking out the Ariat Line of Boots. ( You can find them in Cabela's On Line store, price $179.95, not cheap, but I feel they are worth every penny !!!! ) I can honestly say that this is the first pair of " New Boots " that I put on and was able to wear and walk in comfortably the first day out of the box !!
  20. What kind of gloves does every one use to keep your hands warm, but most importantly,keep your hands dry in a torrential down pour? I rode in a hard rain with a pair of leather gloves with Thinsulate and my hands were soaked and cold. There has got to be something better out there. I would like to hear some reviews and opinions before I buy another pair that doesn't do their job.
  21. We took "annie" to the vet today, she's 4 weeks and a couple days old and we wanted to get her first worm medicine. They weighed her and found she was 1 lb.1 oz. which according to them is right on schedule for her age. Did a check of vitals, heart, lungs, teeth and thought. Everything was in good shape the only thing they could find was a pair of testicles so, now HIS name is ANDY I pleased to find that our efforts have paid off with a healthy kitten - I guess we'll have 2 house cats soon enough.
  22. Paid my insurance on September 30th, a tidy sum of $1038 I might add, and it hasn't stopped raining since! Don't tell me the insurance companies are paying off Mother Nature now!! I know if you turn around ANY politician you can find a pair of "insurance boots" hanging out the back end, but this is ridiculous. Come on Mama!!!
  23. As some of you know, I have a pair of squids brackets and am still looking for a pair of lamps to put on them. I see that Walmart has some called Platinum Burners. Are these even worth it? They are like $15 and $20 a pair, seems kind of low for something worth buying. PIAA's are really nice but far more than I am willing to spend. I could see spending $50 for a good pair. So, are the Platinum Burners worth my time and money or would it be like putting a pair of my kids night lights on the brackets?
  24. Ordered a pair of diamond gusset ridding pants. They are lined with Kevlar in all the right places. They fit good and are very comfortable so i asked the wife if she wanted to order a pair for her. She asked me to hold off a while, so i waited. next she wanted that old leather coat that didn't fit any more. Well, being creative as all ways, she took the largest pair of jeans she had, took them apart and sewed patches of leather in all the right places and then put them back together. they look great and she says they are comfortable. She saved me more than $100 for more stuff for the RSV. Thats my girl! Just thought some might like to use her idea.
  25. Two pair of J&M headsets, used, have been donated to St. Jude Auctions. They are used in working order with 5 pin connectors, one mic is missing the windsock. Good chance for someone to pick up 2 pair at one time. You can clik on the link below or go to Classifieds and St. Jude Auctions. Thanks to everyone for your continued support of St. Jude. Dont forget, Aug. 2, 2010 we will be meeting in Memphis to present monies and tour the hospital. St. Jude Auctions - VentureRider Classifieds