Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Is this a good upgrade for the 05 RSTD? I know so little about the bike,I don't even know if this is possible. I want it to handle as good as possible. any input would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Ok guys and gals...I need some input from those who attend the rally each year...we are kicking around a 50's theme with a stroll dance contest and best 50's costumed couple on Friday night ? what do you think...sound like fun ?????? SATURDAY NIGHT BAND WILL PLAY 50'S , 60'S AND 70'S music....????????? catered bbq before the band ???? another scavenger hunt ???? Spragues ride again????? more picnic games???? more or less rides???? If you attend this rally ,I would like your input.....
  3. we are putting a large screen tv in our hall. all the inputs to the amp are full so we are thinking of sharing the rca type input currently used by a laptop to play music tv and music would never be on at same time thesound desk requires about 100 ft of wire from tv not too worried about concert hall quality sound...we use standard ceiling type speakers. can we run rca output from tv 100 ft to shared rca input to amp?
  4. Last Friday was the second happiest day in my boating life - I sold the boat (got what I was asking too)!! Now is the time to do some upgrades. One of the things I am looking at is a better seat. A member has a nice Corbin he has upgraded to the Russell (due to a hip problem the Corbin apparently wasn't as comfortable anymore) and he is offering it up for sale. Before making this change, I would like some input as to the relative comfort for these saddles. I ride long distances (Iron Butt runs and ralleys) and the stock (non-pillow-top) seat is limiting. I use an AirHawk and/or sheepskin and it helps, but not enough for really long rides. Had my seat redone by Rick Butler and that also helped, but again, not enough. Ran 4000 miles in 5 1/2 days earlier this spring and the last day or so was pretty brutal. Tailbone pain is the worst. I am looking to do a 5000 mile / 5 day run this year and I know the current seating arrangement won't hold up. Any input would be helpful. Thanks. RR
  5. I think some time ago someone said they would appreciate dead radios to experiment on. I’ve got one, send me your address if you want it. It only receives AM stations very weakly. The AUX input works fine.
  6. All: First I have to say my wife is a real trooper. For those that did not follow our Trip Blog to South Dakota last September, Donna tripped on some steps on our last day at the Bad Lands National Pk and broke her right shoulder really bad. Anyway after rehab and all that goes with that she informs me a few weeks ago that she wants to do a trip to New England. ALL THOSE PEOPLE IN SUCH A SMALL SPACE. Leaving on the 18th and returning by the 29th. From Lynchburg I'm jumping on Rt 220 through Northern VA and WV and eventually to Bedford, PA. My Goldwing Bud says to take Rt. 219 from Somerset, PA right up to Buffalo, NY. Plan is to get the Niagra Falls thing off the Bucket List. Looking to head north and would like info on Rt 104 & Rt 3 to Wellesley Island area? Something about Singer and Boldt Castle's on St. Lawrence. After that I need input please. What do we need to see while we are up there. NOTE: MY GOAL on this trip is to teach my Yankee Brother's and Sister's about GRITS! Seriously though....with the time we have. What/Where should we go. TKS.... Long Tall Lynchburg, VA
  7. What is the easiest way to add an aux input to the stock gen 1 stereo? I am currently using a cassette interface for my MP3 player but it really bites since every time I hit a bump it knocks out the sound & I have to keep hitting the reverse tape switch under the mute. I never use the cassette so removing it would not be a problem. Please keep in mind I am electronically challenged so pix or specifics would be real helpful. Thanks
  8. The rear shock finally died on my 99 Venture. So has anyone bought one recently and if you did I'd like some input on what to purchase and how much money I can expect to pay. Thanks.
  9. OK guys and Gals what model of toggs to I get ?? there are so many to chose from. togg that and toad this.. sheesh Just wanna know what most are using and the price I should be looking at. Thanks for any input. http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle-rain-gear#v2-facets%5B%5D=72&page=1&page_size=96&sort=featured Oh and should I go with XL as I wear a large in clothes? to go over the clothes? Jeff
  10. Heading up to the Lake Ozark, MO area at the end of the month...looking for scenic rides to take while there. Appreciate any input.
  11. OK, I'm going to put my 2008 venture S on the market. Need a little input as to asking price. It has about 12K, new Dunlop Elite 3s last summer. Still under warranty. Has Wagner Fiberglass grill cover. Bike is in excellent shape. Thanks for the input. Steve
  12. hi everyone bikes at dealership for hopefully a good riding season valve adjus. tuneup etc. got a call that rotors were warped and unsafe....400.00 for the two..rode it there and and i dont know what to think.......any input would be greatly appreciated........enjoy the site and after last year really looking forward to this riding season..its a 2000 m.m....thanks for any input
  13. My cousin in Arizona wants to sell me his 02 RSV for $4,500. He rode it on long hauls, garaged and maintained it well and it has 68,000 miles. It looks crisp with no rips, cracks and the clutch whine is overcome by higher rpm. It has no issues I can see but at that mileage I know the saleability is zero after me. It is a beautiful bike feels very comfortable and study. I am very tempted as this beautiful bagger could haul me frame (6'2" 250) through Arizona, Mexico and the mountains. Are these RSV as bullet proof as he claims and the value seems well worth it. My present bike is a Road King which I will no longer take on long hauls and will sell if I move over to metrics. BTW it has been awhile since I saw who'is behind me in the mirrors with the Royal Star drive Any input would be greatly appreciated. Your input will probably make me decide one way or the other Thanks Normax
  14. Since I'm tearing down I think now will be the best time to add on things to the bike. It will make for a cleaner install. I was considering putting an alarm system on my Venture, although she will always be garaged. I was considering the the concerns during ride ins & such. What security systems do you have on your 1st gen & what features should I consider having, if any? Are they worth it? Thanks for your input
  15. Last fall my '86 developed a whine coming from the rear tire area, I checked it out as best as I could and decided that the inside wheel bearing by the final drive was probably shot. So this spring I got a new set of bearings and replaced them, lubed & greased up the clutch hub and changed the oil in the final drive and made sure the backlash was OK. The oil from the pumpkin was VERY black but there was only 1 very small piece of metal on the magnet & I did not find anything in the bottom of the drain pan. I got it together tonight & just got back from a test ride and am frustrated that the sound is still there . . . but much easier to pinpoint now that the bearing is corrected. I'm getting a wine that is audible from the drive shaft area of the bike. Using a long screw driver as a stethoscope and the bike running in gear on the stand, the sound is the loudest at the input of the final drive. Is it likely that the drive shaft just needs to get lubed up again or something more serious? If that is not it does the big bearing for the input shaft go bad @ about 100K? Has anyone replaced the big bearing for the input shaft on the final drive? Is it difficult? OR . . . it best to start looking for a new final drive and leave that one alone? Thanks, Mike
  16. Please go to our rally planners section....I need your input on a matter......
  17. Well, my health issues are not getting any better, and I think it may be time for me to consider a trike or sidecar option for my venture royale. Anybody have any input on either? Anybody know of any used kits for sale? I really didn't want to spend more on a trike kit than the bike is worth. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
  18. After more than a year of being bikeless since loosing my 2 wheeler in Yellowstone, I found an '07 with a Hannigan conversion. Sorry to anyone that I might have beat out on this deal but I knew I had to move fast. The bike is in great condition overall and very low miles. Gas mileage is only in high twenty's and I squeaked 30 out of 1 tank but carbs are in need of a sync. I would hope to get it back into the mid 30's. I've seen a few other that said they were getting upwards near 40 mpg but that's about what I used to get with 2 wheels. I have to get an inspection (PA) done next week and I know it needs a new front tire. I am leaning to the Metzler 880 (rear) right now pending any other input from others. I am also looking for any information on the conversion (I know Hannigan does not provide an install guide) but am hoping there is a maintenance guide. There was nothing that came with the bike. It does not have the EZ Steer rack kit so I am looking for input from others that may have waited to have it installed after the initial trike was done. I can handle it ok but it can take some strong arming in the curves. Does it really make a big difference on the Venture since the front is already slightly racked? I also heard that just adding the Baron's risers can make a great difference in the amount of effort required to steer. So far I like it and will be starting to put some "touches" to it over time. Any input is appreciated!
  19. I am a proud member or the Ohio Patriot Guard Riders. I would like to mount a 3x5 flag on my 2006 RSTD. I have seen other mounts that are all homemade. Does anyone have a mount on their bike I could copy for dimentions? TY for you input folks. MoS
  20. If I let go of the bars while in motion the bike will always start to lean to the left. What is this an indication of..?? Thanks for your input.
  21. on which uni trunk on E-Bay would be the stronger one of the two between the DMY or the VIP trunk. I just don't have the the extra cash to get RSV or the Harley tour trunk. So if anyone out there has exp. with either one I would like your input. Thanks Joe,
  22. Guest

Key Please!

Question what is the best way to get a key made for a Venture if you don't have anything other than a key and the bikes V.I.N.? Dealer or locksmith? Thanks for the input.............. Mark
  23. Need a fast answer... What is a good price for 2nd Gen Saddle bag rails ???? NEW Thanks for any input
  24. I'm toying with an idea to use hydraulics to make my sidecar lean with the bike as opposed to the three control arms I currently have. Problem is, I don't know nearly enough to even begin addressing the subject. I know what I "want" but need some input to see if it is feasible. If you can help, let me know. Thanks
  25. we talked about having a christmas dinner meet at the meramec meet. it will probably be down around cape jirardeau, missouri. will have a one night stay over. bring your car unless you want to freeze your butt off. need some input on location and dates. i'm trying to get a good central location thats easy to get to.