Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. I recently got a pair of Road King mufflers to put on my 2005 RSV, it was a very simple conversion except 1 thing. I need to find a exhaust sheild that will cover where the pipes meet the muffler. Anyone have any ideas?????
  2. I have a wonderful set of cobra pipes on my new (to me) 09 RSTD, however, the community around me has many small children that would be appreciative if I was a little quieter around the neighborhood I stumbled on to this system online and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it or had seen/heard it in person. If there are any others like it people know of or that have a good balance between being heard on the road in traffic and quiet enough at low rev not to rattle the windows like a freight train going by I would appreciate it. http://www.nationalcycle.com/n41310.html JB
  3. Evening Everybody: New to the group and have owned my 2008 venture for a year or so and put about 12000 miles on it. I have the Whine coming from the clutch basket. It is not real bad and I was thinking about modifing the the stock exhaust system by removing the cone from the end of the exhaust and putting some holes in the last baffle. Has anybody done this or heard of the results of doing this. IE: gas mileage, engine performance ect....The hope is to make the pipes loader so I can't hear the whining from the clutch. Any information would be really appreciated. Thanks
  4. before the crash I was reading about using this exhaust on the rsv any info on this subject would be apperciated
  5. I have a 1983 venture. Are the tips on the exhaust removable for a little more Sound? Or are they one piece? I just don't really like the exhaust tips. It almost looks like they are fairly easy to remove. Thanks
  6. Ok. I bought a 1999 Venture a few weeks ago. I know the last guy that had it let it sit for about 3 years. He also apparently tried to do some exhaust mods to the stock exhaust and totally butchered it. The bike runs pretty good so I thought I would take it into the local shop and have the carbs cleaned and synced. They did but it still backfired a lot. They said it was the bastardized exhaust causing the issue. So I bought some LA Custom slip-ons. I just put them on and it did not fix anything. Sounds louder and good but still backfiring. This all happens with little to no load on the engine. I also note that if I am in 3rd or 4th gear and cruising along and decide to speed up a little, it tends to bog. I told the local shop this and they said I need to rejet. I'm very new to Yamaha and know very little about their engine setup. It is just plain embarrassing to ride like this. I've hear different things about some circuit that is supposed to open something up during decel, low load, etc. to let more air in or something. What do you guys think? I know somebody has the answer and I'm not quite sure that the garage has the answer. I already spent money on a new exhaust that they said would fix it. I'm running out of money. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have not replaced the plugs yet. Thank you.
  7. Hi all, I am going to fab my own brackets to put Harley cans on my 2011 Venture. Would someone be willing to sketch the dimensions with bolt holes for me? Sincere appreciation would be included. Christopher Kalamazoo, Michigan. 2011 Royal Star Venture S 2003 Honda Shadow ACE 2002 Road Star Silverado
  8. i have a full bub exhaust on my 05 rstd and was wondering if the so called removable baffles are easy to get out. matt
  9. I Want to put a nice LOUD set of slip-on Pipes to my 1997 RSTD and have NO IDEA where to begin. Seems that all the nice pipes are for Harley models and you need to make a special bracket to put them on a Royal Star Tour Deluxe. SO, does it matter what brand or type of pipe I choose if it is a Harley model? Does anyone have any good suggestions for brackets or alternative modes to attache Harley pipes? Are Crusher pipes good pipes? Thank you for any help you can provide!
  10. just purchased a set of 4-2-4 nasty boys, after cleaning and polishing they came out pretty good they have baffles and fiberglass packing and since they are out, they could use repacking. anyone have experience with different packing material? is synchronizing the carbs totally necessary (don't own a synchronizer) ? do not want to spent a lot of money on packing material, and will probably install them as they are Monday and hear how they sound will appreciated all the input good and bad you have about these
  11. As the title says, how do you jack up your Gen 1 Ventures? I was thinking about getting a jack but without lifting adapters I would not be able to jack up the bike without jacking on the exhaust pipes. I've read extensively about the Gen 2 adapters but I haven't seen anything on Gen 1 adapters. Or do we just have to lie down on the floor to work on it? Or use a table lift? I was thinking of getting the Harbor Freight High Lift jack like the one Cowpuc used in his May 6, 2014 post photos. But Puc jacked Tweeks up under the exhaust pipes without using an adapter. I don't want to do that.
  12. Is there any way to modify the stock muffles on an '05 RSV to get a little more rumble? Can you take out the baffle or mod it? Sorry if this has been asked before....
  13. Alright fellas (and/or ladies)... I have a 2006 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe, and I want to buy new pipes for it. I need advice. I want a low, rumbly sound without shaking windows down the street. I'm not very mechanically inclined (but my boy is) and apparently not very internet inclined either, as I just cannot find much of anything on the net! I've heard a lot about Bub 424, but can't find the website? And if you suggest Road Kings or something of that nature, will they fit my bike? So many questions... but I want to buy the right thing...and NOT break the bank! I have Vance and Hines Straight pipes on my Shadow and they sound awesome....and didn't break the bank either... so, something that sounds like that, only to fit the RSTD? Thank you in advance for all your suggestions and advice...
  14. Hey Folks, I'm on a 6000 mile hike through the US... Currently in Phoenix (week of May 19th), Next week Houston (Week of 26th) with 5 days over the weekend to enjoy (I hope). Im 2600 miles into this trip with i have a 2009 Royal Star Venture that I bought with LAC pipes... the noise is killing me.... I'm looking for New OEM (take-off), Used OEM to swap out before i keep going. Will consider trade, cash, beer or whatever else won't get me arrested. Thanks G
  15. I received my 86 Venture for a christmas present from my family. I have been able to get rid of that rust in the gas tank, rebuild the carbs,now I am on my exhaust. The collector needed to have the baffles taken out. I was successful but the pipes are all rusted. The welder doesn't think he can fix them. I would like to buy a collector that is not all rusted out. Thanks Tom
  16. The following description of my exhaust pipe problem encountered during the first week of our recent five week trip and my emergency repair was originally posted in my thread "Our Venture West". It has been over 10,000 km since I did this emergency fix and it has worked so well and without any exhaust leak that I don't plan on any further repair. While traveling along the Yellowhead Trail through Saskatchewan on our recent trip west, my exhaust noise got louder and still louder again after part of the chrome heat shield cover to the exhaust pipe broke away. The exhaust pipe from the collector had broken loose from the muffler and the muffler was left hanging by one bolt with no support. The end of the exhaust pipe was rusted and broken away so badly that it couldn't be reconnected to the muffler. Truly an "Oh Sh--" moment that could have ruined our trip west. The first picture shows the exhaust pipe after I removed the muffler. I got lucky as the next town had a Canadian Tire Store (open on Sunday) where I bought an exhaust pipe coupler designed to reduce pipe size and some aluminum duct tape. After removing the original clamp at the mouth of the muffler and wrapping both the front few inches of the muffler and the last few inches of the exhaust pipe with the aluminum duct tape for a tight fit, I slid the coupler over the muffler and the exhaust pipe and bolted my muffler back in place. To my surprise, there is no exhaust leak and I think the joint is as strong as original. I would bet that mine isn't the only first gen with a wore out exhaust pipe under the chrome cover. Attached Thumbnails
  17. Which Harley exhaust fit the RSV ? Road King only ? Will exhaust off a 2008 Harley Street Glide Fit ?What should I do take pics and measurements ? I can get a set cheap.
  18. It has been said here that there is no way to drain the 2nd gen water pump with any normal tools without removing or at least loosening the exhaust. I found out otherwise. I REALLY hate disturbing a new, leak-free exhaust system. Even more than I hate vise-grips and cheapo Chinese sockets. With these common items I was able to remove the waterpump drain plug easily. Happy wrenching.
  19. I have a '99 Royal Star 4 into 4 exhaust, I have found a hitch but as another option was wondering if I could get a hitch and 2 fender rails from a Venture or RSTD and use those. Are the rails strong enough to use alone without the exhaust support brackets and will the mounting holes on the fender be the same (9 1/4 in.)? This site is a wealth of info, thanks Michael.
  20. Greetings all, I came into a beautiful 98 Royal Star. It looks like it started life out as a standard because it has quad exhausts. Not only that but it appears to be BUB 4x4 exhausts. The bike came with the deluxe backrest, seats and soft bags. If anyone out there has them I was wondering what the pipe measurements are [OD/ID] I think it would look really awesome with FOUR tailgunner mufflers. Attached are a couple of pics. I have already sent some inquires out to BUB. Excuse the poor quality.
  21. I've got an exhaust leak right out of the rear cylinder on the right side. Took off the clamp and saw the metal ring somewhat rusted, so it doesn't fit tightly any more. I would like to fix this without taking the whole bike apart. Someone suggested JB Weld. I've used it before in different applications, but not in such a hi-temp spot. Will it work where the exhaust is coming through at its hottest? Is there some kind of RTV caulk that will stand these temps?
  22. I just saw this on the new. http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/california-manufacturer-plans-move-to-sturgis/article_7b9f621f-a3e1-5b88-998b-adc3821fa7c7.html I wonder if there will be any discounts during the Rally. Dave
  23. Expert ideas? Ive got this new sound in the last few days that seems to be coming from low in the bottom left front of the crankcase. When the engine is idling there is no clatter noise and it only seems to appear when I am under light to medium acceleration (I dont know if it makes it under WOT as the mufflers are making too much noise), as soon as I back off the throttle or pull in the clutch the noise goes away. The noise is not loud in 1st gear and seems to increase in 2nd and 3rd gearand continues in 4th and 5th. I am afraid it sounds to me like ive got a spun bearing somewhere in the transmission, but I need some experts (........and you guys too:stickpoke:) to weigh in on this and tell me what your thoughts are. Ill enclose i vid that was taken on the weekend an you can hear what I am talking about. it has a bit of an exhaust leak, but I am sure thats not the issue. I have also had the bottom of the collector opened up and the loose pieces taken out so it shouldnt be anything inside the exhaust. Thanks in advance for the help everyone!
  24. Is this worth it? I cannot find enough on the value expect KBB and they say 5k.. 2002 Midnight Venture For sale. Fully Loaded with 33,000 miles. asking $7,500 Kuryakyn Grips, am/fm stereo, CB Radio, Electronic cruise control, Drivers back rest, Show Chrome Windshield, Hooker Tuneable Exhaust System, Garage Kept, Custom pinstripping, Passing lamps, Luggage Rack, Chrome Forks, Service work done at Yamaha Dealership. (Original exhaust and windshield will go with bike. One headset also included.)
  25. I have heard of people gutting or straight piping their factory exhaust. How would you go about this? I.E. pulling the exhaust apart, gutting etc. and would you have to re-jet the carbs or no?