Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. I'm new to the forum, but no stranger to the Royal Star. Eventually traded my RSTD for a car some years ago and now it's time for another one. This time, I want the Venture and so the search began. Online, local, classifieds, marketplace etc and of course by doing so, I came across https://Rumbleon.com. Hesitant to buy online and have the bike shipped, I kept looking. After about a month, I circled back after reading more about their company, warming up to the idea of their online business model, making sure they were legit. (BTW, I don't work for and I'm not affiliated in any way other than I'm an actual customer) After I paid my online deposit I got a call explaining two details. First, bike had just been picked up from the customer and was on it's way to NPA for processing, which takes a few days. Second, upon arrival to NPA, a condition report needed to be completed. This also takes a few days. Just got the condition report today. 1999 Venture w/20k miles for $2,988 free shipping no dealer fee. I can back out now and get a full refund or if I commit, I'll have 3 days upon it's arrival to decide to keep it or restock it. $500 restocking fee. I think I'll roll the dice on this one! Paid by Visa over the phone with all the paperwork being sent to me next day air for me to sign and return. The bike will then travel to the Atlanta hub and on to my house! [ATTACH=CONFIG]112890[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112891[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112892[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112893[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112894[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112895[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112896[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112897[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112898[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112899[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112900[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112901[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112904[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112905[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112902[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112903[/ATTACH]
  2. My friend Bobby was looking at the bikes a few days ago, and maid the commit that on the Venture I have car tire. On the kannon bike with a 350 chevy car eng I have a motorcycle tire. I told him I bought it that way, would change when the tire wears out. He said it was just a little irony there. LMAO Gregg
  3. So, did santa bring ANY of you ANYTHING for Christmas? I can imagine that most of you were on the naughty list but surely you got SOMETHING. Here is a picture that we took yesterday. Wearing one of many new shirts that my lovely wife got me. She is wearing one pair of the sweats that I bought for her. And YES, they came from the Harley Boutique. And YES, they do sell bikes there also.
  4. Eddie

Rc Heli's

How many guys are into the hobby of these things. My neighbor got me started and Im trying to learn how to fly these things. I bought a Blade CX3 and smashed it a few times and now can fly it a little. Wife bought me a Blade 450 3D for xmas that Im scared to wreck so I bought a Blade MCPX to try some collective pitch flying. This is hard to catch on to let me tell you.
  5. Got my new saddlebag lid covers week before last from Nanci at AceHighLeathers. Finally had time to install them today and I tell you, I couldn't be happier with them. Nanci does fantastic work and is a pleasure to work with. I can't tell you what they would cost because I bought the fabric and braid over a year ago. I was looking for something to closely match my Hopnel tank and trunk bibs and bought this material with plans of trying to make my own. Finally decided I wouldn't ever do it and sent the materials to Nanci. Here are a couple of pictures. I pretty much just told Nanci to do what she wanted with them because I knew that they would turn out great. Like I said, I couldn't be more pleased. She is a class act. Check out her other items for the RSV here: http://www.acehighleathers.com/motorcycle/other-cool-stuff/
  6. Well I jumped off a ledge and bought these for the VENTURE. I wanted to post what I bought so if any other member is looking for the same thing it makes it easy. I want to thank everyone here with there help and assistance in making up my mind. I spent quit abit of time talking to there staff and figure this is the right way to go. Thanks again Custom Dynamics Yamaha Cruiser LED Turn Signal Conversion Kit GEN200-Y-KIT LEDs: Amber Front, Amber Rear Bases: 1157 front, 1156 rear Equalizer: GEN-UNV-STABILIZER & GEN-MDK (Add $45.00) Genesis 100 LED Yamaha Tail Light Board GEN-100-1157YAM http://www.motorcyclehidxenonlights.com/Yamaha-Royal-Star-HID-Xenon-Lights/
  7. Is there any truth to a helmet being unsafe after it is 4 years old? Was at a dealers today buying a shield and when I told him the helmet was 6 years old he said it was time to replace it and showed me a card attached to a new helmet that said safe life of 4 years. I bought a shield because my helmet seems fine and I have an intercom in it and not looking to replace it. It did get me thinking though. So, what's the scoop, anything to it or is it a company scam?
  8. This day last year I bought my Gen 1 as a Christmas Present to myself. Today also marks my 1 year anniversary as a Venture Rider. The bike has gone through a lot of changes since I bought her, thanks to the help of members here. Huge transformation from the leaky, dirty, mangy rat I picked up. I want to thank everybody here for the plethora of information, ideas, & assistance. NOW, since today is also my membership renewal date, how do you renew? I don't see a renew membership button. Do you just drop a note to Don? Andy
  9. I ended up not buying that Explorer. Wife and I went through some dealer lots and found a great looking '06 GMC Envoy Denali with a ton of features and I might start having buyers regret. After having it less than a week (we bought it on 12/01) the power windows started to not work of which i made a video of it with my phone and sent it to the sales guy. Wife took it to the dealer on Monday, they looked at it and said they couldn't duplicate the issue. They said they looked under the dash and checked out the driver door side power window console and said it must be a loose wire. After we bought it found out consumer reports hates this vehicle for having all sorts of mechanical and electrical issues. Before the F&I guy turned in the paperwork we bought the extended warranty. It is a step below the bumper to bumper warranty of which we were told we didn't qualify for due to the vehicle mileage (almost 84k). Only thing as part of this warranty is you have a $100 deductible for every visit providing it is for different things. In other words provided it is on the list of things that is covered like a/c compressor, if it goes out we pay $100 they fix it. If it goes out again later we don't have to pay another $100, but say 2nd visit is for transmission then we have to pay $100 again. When we bought it, the sales guy said it comes with a 500 mile or 30 day warranty which ever comes 1st which we are under still. I emailed the sales guy and made it very clear we aren't paying a dime for repairs on a vehicle we have had for less than a week. Which is exactly what happened. Wife tells me just a few minutes ago the f-tard mechanic wanted to wait after the 30 day/500 miles was up so we would have had to pay the $100. No wonder why he wanted to come up with the quick solution of a loose wire. I just emailed the sales guy again letting him know I am still having issues with the power windows. Basically they just stop working. Doesn't matter if I try and use the driver or passenger side buttons. I haven't tried the rear passenger windows. Only way I have figured out to get them to work again is to shut the vehicle off, let the interior lights dim all the way out and restart the car, but eventually they stop working again. The driver side panel has the power windows, heated seats and power locks, so I can add that when I have this issue 2 out of the 3 functions don't work. We have bought alot of GM vehicles over the years and this is the 1st one I am getting a not so good feeling on Thoughts? Anyone care to share their experience with any of your GMC vehicles or Envoy?
  10. well my old dell computer bit the dust. and I was going to go get a new computer. when the fedex man showed up today with a nice size box from my daughter and son-inlaw in side was a new HP computer:cool10: now I have to figure out this windows8 stuff. this computer has 8gb ram and 1tb? hard drive. and just a basic dvr dvd player and burner. came with a 20 inch monitor. looks like my year has got better than my last 3 or so years. I bought a new to me Honda shadow ace750.. 2000. that will be here this spring. so looks like some good times might be my way. if I was in that Christmas contest I would have to say this year would be one of my many best ones. good family and good friends here who could ask for more?
  11. Hello I just bought a 1989 VR 1300 and was wandering what is a good motor oil to use? And the oil wait. Thanks
  12. Went to an auction a while ago, bought me a box lot, but don't have any idea what I bought,, normal for me, but I'm kind of noisy,,, what do I have here, must be something to do with wood working I think,,, and no I'm not going to start wood working.
  13. Hi All, I have bought a 2004 Venture. I previously had Royal Start Boulevard. Here is some finding which I need to fix. Engine is knocking after replacing original oil and oil filter. Wobbles at pot holes or humps. I did correct the tire pressure too. Any Help will be appreciated. Will check for more and keep you all posted.
  14. So, I finally broke down and bought a fairing for my 2007RSTD Midnight. I got it off Ebay new for a good price. It's fiberglass and has spots for 4 speakers and a radio. I think it may be a Reckless or at least looks like one. My problem now is what brand radio and speakers should I add? What have you guys used? I know it should ne a marine one i guess. I would appreciate some help. Thanks
  15. How much fuel is left in the tank when the last bar on the gauge goes away?? The knob for the reserve valve on mine was broken off when I bought her so I don't know if it's set to reserve or not.
  16. Hi all, I just rejoined this forum. I bought a brand X bike and started hanging out on a HD forum. Anyway, my little brother bought a Royal Star and I thought I would re-join since he'll probably show up here eventually. My question is, I changed my profile pic to one with my current bike in it, but it doesn't show up when I post a comment. It's still showing my old picture. What am I doing wrong?
  17. $17 and change at Tractor Supply. Went to Wally World and as usual they were out but had it in qt containers so I bought 4 qts at 6 and change and two days later was in Tractor Supply and saw the sale.
  18. Friend just bought an 09 Venture from PA that he will be getting this weekend and he needs a hitch to go on it. Anyone have any suggestions where he can get one? Thanks, RandyA
  19. Hello all, new to the forum and the cruiser world. I have been riding crotch rockets for all my life, but due to recent surgeries that is now over, and I can't be any happier. I MUST ride, I love it to death, and I am so happy to have a big ol cruiser now. It's a world of difference in comfort and style. Freebird said I shouldn't disclose my age though. I am now the proud owner of a 1996 RSTD. Got it for a great deal and the bike is flawless. But I have encountered an issue. I have been searching the forum and believe I have come to the r/r connections, but I just cleaned them and I am having the same issue. The problem I am having is that on occasion when I started the bike, the speedometer would bounce around and lights on the cluster would flash while revving it up in neutral, but would run at idle like the electricity is dying. From my previous ownership of bikes, I immediately ran out and bought a battery, charged it, slapped it in and same issue. Then listening closely every time I would cycle the key, I would hear the main relay, kind of "fizz" if you will. Searched the forums again, and determined that I needed to clean all the battery/ground connections. Did so, still same issue. So then I bought a new main relay, and replaced it. and everything was awesome for about 4-5 days, now the same issue. Every time I did something I could ride the bike for a day or 2 and then my little gremlin came back. Now I cannot ride it at all. . So anyone have an idea, I'd love to hear it. I have attached an image of my new love, also have attached a picture of my exhaust, anyone have any clue what type of pipes these are? The PO put them on, and I bought it from a dealership.
  20. So I bought my 99 RSV a couple of years ago with a rebuilt title. Since that time we have done a frame up restoration on it. With all the time and money I have wrapped up in meticulously redoing this bike I'm almost afraid to put it on the road without good insurance. I understand agreed value seems to be the best way to go. I wanna know if a deer runs out in front of me and messes up my bike that I'm not going to have to fight an insurance company for what I think is fair (around $8000). I've called just about everyone I can think about... Progressive, Allstate, Hagertys, Chubb, American Modern, GMAC,ect... Any suggestions out there? Keep in mind I bought it with a salvage rebuilt title, but have restored the hell out of it, literally taking the whole bike apart and replacing every little nut, bolt, grommet, and washer to bring it back to as new condition. New paint, gauges mod, lowered, the whole nine yards. Any helpful suggestions will be appreciated. I don't want to bear this risk myself, I want an insurer to.....
  21. I wanted to share this with everybody here since I was SO impressed with this Ebay Seller. I just bought 2 Belstaff Zodiac summer jackets on Ebay for $49.99 each & they even REDUCED the shipping. (I paid $15 to have both shipped) The jackets I bought are made of Cordura with Hiena wear panels. It has reflective panels, vents velcro & zipper closure It also has a Thermalite liner. It's also waterproof and comes with ELBOW/SHOULDER/BACK ARMOR. Incredibly light & comfortable. They seem to run small so if you get one buy a size larger than your usual. The woman there Doris, was unbelievebly helpful on the phone. Here's a listing of their stuff, I highly recommend them. http://www.ebay.com/sch/roseburg.c.c/m.html?hash=item563fbb12f9&item=370436412153&pt=Apparel_Merchandise&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562
  22. First time posting. Been lurking a while. I just bought a 99 Venture. The previous owner removed the CB and stereo. The speakers have been changed to Clarion and there are wires run to the right saddlebag for a stereo. I really would like intercom, CB, and FM radio. What are my options? I have a JM 2003 intercom/cb system I bought for a previous bike and didn't use. It has a Harley bracket on it and no headsets. The wiring harness and antenna are there, though. Looking for a reasonably priced solution. Originally thought I could pick up the parts to restore the bike to original condition, but people think they are made of gold.
  23. This story starts back in Feb'2012 when my beloved Motorvation Trailer got legs and disappeared over the horizon. Since the escape it's remained at large. It was insured so I wasn't worried about finding something to replace it, and after a few months I started shopping Craigslist instead of hoping to see the Motorvation listed for sale by the DS that took it. About a month ago I ran into a nice 2003 American Legend Trailer and bought it. It looks good behind the RSV even though it's black, and the price was very right. Fast forward to last weekend. Just before buying the AL I found a white 2010 Teardrop listed in a local auction, but ran into a scheduling problem and couldn't make the auction. To my surprise it turned up again last weekend due to the bidder not having the bucks to pay for it. So I bought it this time around. The price was very close to what I had paid for the Legend. I actually bought it to make a few bucks since I already had a trailer that I liked. Here's the conundrum.... The dang thing is growing on me, and now I don't know what to do??? Which one should I keep?? The Legend is built to retro blend with a Harley and does look good behind the '99. The Teardrop has cleaner lines and is like a cavern inside. Which way do you think I should go???
  24. I had my new rear tire put on. SO I decided that I needed to check the front breaks, well turns out they look brand new...and I use my front break maybe more than the rear...don't know if they were put on right before I bought the bike OR they are really good pads....
  25. I was wondring if anyone has looked into or even tried one of these batteries. I was talking to someone today and their son bought one. He was saying we can't get them in Canada. From what I've read they seem like a god idea. http://sepbatteries.com/super-b-2600-lithium-battery