Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• vBCms Comments
  • General Discussion
    • Watering Hole
    • Welcome To Our New Members
    • Links to Classifieds, Craigslist, Ebay, Sales, Etc.
    • VentureRider Merchandise
    • Picture Folder
    • Videos
    • VR Polls
    • Jokes and Humor
    • Fun and Frivolous
    • Ladies Lair
    • Inspirational, Motivational, Prayer Requests, Etc.
    • In Memory Of
    • Paying it Forward
  • Tech Talk
    • GPS, Audio, Electronics
    • Safety and Education
    • Poor Man Tips and Fixes
    • General Tech Talk
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Talk ('83 - '93)
    • Royal Star Venture Tech Talk ('99 - '13)
    • Star Venture and Eluder Tech Talk ( '18 - Present)
    • Royal Star and Royal Star Tour Deluxe Tech Talk
    • VMax Conversions
    • Honda Goldwing Tech Talk
    • Trike & Sidecar Talk
    • Trailer Talk
    • The Darksiders
  • Technical Library - Read Only
    • Venture and Venture Royale Tech Library ('83 - '93) - READ ONLY!
    • Royal Star Venture and Royal Star Technical Library ('99 - '13) - READ ONLY!
    • Star Venture and Eluder Technical Library ('18 - Present) - READ ONLY!
    • General Tech Library - READ ONLY!
  • Member Recommendations
    • Favorite Roads and Destinations
    • Riding Gear
    • Bike Accessories
  • Member Restaurant Reviews
    • United States Restaurants
    • Canadian Restaurants
    • Other Countries
  • Motorcycle Experiences
    • VentureRider Campers
    • Lessons Learned
    • Embarrassing Moments
  • Rides and Rallies
    • VentureRider Regional Rallies
    • Meet-n-Eats
    • Non-VentureRider, other clubs, public Events
  • VentureRider Vendors
    • Vendors who offer us Discounts.
  • Buy, Sell, Trade
    • Member Vendors
    • First Gen Venture ('83-'93) Complete Bikes Only
    • Second Gen Venture ('99-'13) Complete Bikes Only
    • Third Gen Venture ('18-Present) Complete Bikes Only
    • Yamaha Royal Star - Complete Bikes Only
    • Other Motorcycles - Complete Bikes Only
    • Trikes and Sidecars
    • First Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Third Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Second Gen Parts and Accessories
    • Royal Star Parts and Accessories
    • Universal Parts and Accessories
    • Trailers
    • Motorcycle Electronics - GPS, Headsets, Radio, Etc.
    • Riding Gear - Helmets, Jackets, Etc.
    • Other Vehicles - Cars, Trucks, Boats, Etc.
    • Want To Buy
    • Everything Else For Sale
  • VentureRider Website Discussion
    • Computer help and tips for using this site.
    • Bug Reports
    • Requests for Features
    • Testing Area

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

Name

About Me

City

State/Province

Home Country

Interests

Bike Year and Model

Bike Customizations

Occupation

VR Assistance

1. Ok, I found the idea for a tool to hold the damper rod in the forks . Simple enough, makes me wonder why I didnt think of it. Anyhow, can anybody tell me if a 15/16" bolthead will fit the damper rod on my 89VR? If not what size is it? Black Owl said he thinks it is a 17mm, but here in east Tn, the boys at home depot don't speak in mm. Just the same Black Owl, thanks for the input.
  2. maybe this isnt new, but i see so many great looking paint jobs on this site, but the black plastic still looks like 25 year old, sun beat, black plastic! ive been riding mine and i look at the dash and think, yuck! so i got a hair up my butt and squirted this on it and WOW, looks like brand new 25 year old plastic.says its made for plastic, rubber, wood, leather, i was careful not to hit the controls (slippery) but didnt mask off anything, just wiped her down after. didnt take much and NO prep. Teflon is carcinogenic (so is used motor oil) so take caution. it worked well on the other plastic, including the wind screen, time will tell if any bad side effects but for now, im real happy with the outcome!!!
  3. A few weeks ago, I asked for your prayers for an unnamed member. Well that member is our own one and only Black Owl and he is still in need or our prayers. Russell was admitted to the hospital before Christmas with complications from pneumonia. Things got really bad and to be honest, a lot worse than he really wanted anybody to know. He is doing better now but is still hospitalized and has a ways to go. Please continue to keep him in your prayers.
  4. So I just got a Reckless fairing for my new to me RSTD Midnight. The fairing came black gelcoated. The plan was that when the gelcoat started to fade, I would get it painted and clear coated. Well today our warehouse manager brought in some parts he had hydro dipped. They looked incredible. Just like paint and were even clear-coated afterwards. I couldn't even tell it wasn't paint. The shop locally where he had it done guarantees it for life from fading and peeling. That seems like a great deal. So now I might go ahead and do the fairing. Cost would be roughly $100. So to my questions: Has anyone done any parts with hydro dipping and if so how has it held up? I have a 2006 Midnight RSTD so everything is black. If I do this, I was planning on just going straight black on the fairing to match. Well looking at the website, I really like the carbon fiber film. So would a carbon fiber fairing look good on the rest of teh black bike?
  5. 10/16/11 met Jim from Charlston 04 rsmv invited him to join 10/16/11 black red in Gatlinburg riding 2up 10/17/11 I think gold n black PGR banner on windshield on the dragon and again on either the Foothills Parkway or Cades Cove route.
  6. Perhaps this guy had a little too much Black Death??? http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/raging-airplane-passenger-duct-taped-seat-165526162--abc-news-topstories.html
  7. I have a few items from my fathers estate that I'm having trouble identifying. None of these items have any type of identifying markings on them. I remember seeing these in my grandmothers home when I was a young child. The 2 smaller figurines appear to be some type of resin cast. The double headed one is hand carved wood with a lever that raises and turns the heads as if they are kissing. I would classify it as Black folk art or Black Slavery Americana. Any help with info or points of reference would be great.
  8. I was in Edenton NC for the weekend and stayed at the Hampton Inn there. I notice a black RSV also stayed there. Anyone on the forum here? Also today on the way back home I notice a Blue and Black RSV just outside of Raliegh around noon on Hwy 64 west bound.....
  9. I had lunch with 2 of my unmarried friends. One is engaged, one is a mistress, and I have been married for 20+ years. We were chatting about our relationships and decided to amaze our men by greeting them at the door wearing a black bra, stiletto heels and a mask over our eyes. We agreed to meet in a few days to exchange notes. Here's how it all went. My engaged friend: The other night when my boyfriend came over he found me with a black leather bodice, tall stilettos and a mask. He saw me and said, 'You are the woman of my dreams...I love you.' Then we made passionate love all night long. The mistress: Me too! The other night I met my lover at his office and I was wearing a raincoat, under it only the black bra, heels and mask over my eyes. When I opened the raincoat he didn't say a word, but he started to tremble and we had wild sex all night. Then I had to share my story: When my husband came home I was wearing the black bra, black stockings, stilettos and a mask over my eyes. When he came in the door and saw me he said, (you are going to love this…) "What's for dinner, Zorro?"
  10. I was riding my bike today and almost went down. I was going down the county highway which is in bad need of repairs. Lots of potholes that have been patched with hot mix. The road is rough etc, and the hotmix is a dark black compared to a light gray from the rest of the highway. I was going along driving through the rough patches, when I came over a hill down through a river bottom with water on both sides. For some reason I decided to dodge around one of the dark patches at about 70 mph. I happened to look down beside my floor board as I went around it and I noticed that it moved. It wasnt a black pothole, it was a snapping turtle! The movement was the turtle jerking his head back into his shell. He was about 18 inches in diameter, and I think if I wouldve hit him I wouldve went for a nasty ride, most probobly not on the bike. The top of his shell wouldve been at least a foot tall. I've dodged a lot of things riding, but never a snapping turtle.
  11. Systems eight years old with severe Trojan. Thinking of new one. Dell or where? Had pretty good luck with Dell. I do not know enough about the things to fix this one Black screen does not give you much to work with.
  12. On the way to work this morning the 93 lost pulling power. Idles ok but when you try to take off for a stop it is like you are in second gear. I took the plug wires off each cylinder one at a time and have spark. I took them apart and cleaned them as described here. The front right resistor was black and there was no spring. Is that bad. I didn't have a meter so couldn't test. Also noticed there are no flat washers in any of them. Are they important and could any of this be my power problem? Thanks Kevin PS would like some phone support if anyone is willing. Thanks again:confused:
  13. I don't usually endorse a product like this but I just couldn't resist!!!!!!! I went to Wally World Saturday and they had this stuff on sale Turtle Wax black box waxing system. So I said what the heck, my 02 midnight Venture is due for a full waxing I'll give it a shot. It is marketed as being for black vehicles only and shes black. It is a 2 step system. Put on cleaner conditioner, let dry, spray with a black detail spray(everything is black in color),buff off,put on wax,let dry,spray again with spray,buff off and!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my god I have never seen anything like it. The paint looked 20 layers deep with a mirror finish I AM IMPRESSED! Now the fun part, not being one to stop at one, I proceeded to do my wife's (BLUE) Suzuki Burgman with it and..........same results! Guess the black vehicles only is the gimmick. But THIS STUFF IS UNBELIEVABLE if you haven't tried it try it REALLY it's worth the 15 bucks. I figure I will get about 5 or 6 waxing's out of it!
  14. While killing some time at a local Harley shop before the Pig roast Saturday I saw what I believe is the perfect 200 mile and under bike for me. It's the 2010 Harley Fat Boy Black Corduroy Wooo Hoo what a sweeeeeeeeeeeet bike only thing I'd change is the chrome handlebars and headlight ring Yup... flat black and brushed aluminum ... ZERO CHROME!
  15. I had my annual heart check up today at the Columbia Heart Clinic, when the Mechanic came and said there was a 07 Blue and Black venture on a trailer in the parking lot with Florida tags. Don't know if it was someone here, but I can see why he was at the heart clinic if he is tailoring a venture. :rotf:
  16. Guest

Gauges/Tach color?

I have a set white face gauges that I got from ponch, and I want to add a tach to the brake res. So my question is, black face or the white face tach? I been tossing this around for a few weeks...
  17. who lives close to me that has the gage and the knowledge to use it? I've had my bike for two years and have never had it done. of course it runs like a raped ape i think it's time to do it. I'm off on Tue and wed and can make the drive if it's fairly close. i know 1rooster has one but seems like we did he's a couple of years ago at the Lexington BBQ and i don't think he can set them but i could be wrong. thanks P.S. i live in black mountain,NC.
  18. Well bike won't run. Filled up with gas on thursday and washed it. Saturday went to crank it up and it only ran for about 30 seconds and quit. Fuel pump did not click on. Today I drained the tank and carbs. Still no clicking from fuel pump. Tested with ohmn meter and got no resistance between the blue/black and black wires going to fuel pump. Is there a fuse and where is it? Battery is good Cutoff switch is on and have new gas with seafoam. HELP! tew47
  19. Spotted a Black and GREEN venture in Walled Lake/West Bloomfield Michigan turning southbound onto union lake road in Walled lake or west bloomfield (I'm not sure what it is there). I am 99% sure that I have seen pictures of this custom painted RSV on here before and am wondering who it might be Beautiful weather out, by the way. I was in a cage taking my Grandfather to a Dr appointment, but my RSV is currently in their garage
  20. The charging system on my VR is not putting out like it used to do. At an idle the volt gauge would read about 13.8 v but now even at 5000 RPM it reads only 12.7 v. Pulled the stator and RR connectors apart, cleaned and greased them with no apparent change. Ohmed the three white wires and got .5 across any or all of them so that seems to be good. Have not checked them for AC yet though. Downloaded the Electrosport diagnostic chart through a link found on this forum but that does not seem to relate to my Venture. Refers to 4 wire colours but mine has only 2 colours - 2 black and 2 red. The RR looks like the stock one although it is still installed so can't see much of it. As I type this, it just occurred to me that the red and black pairs are coming from the RR but perhaps it is the wires on the other side of the plug that should be 4 colours. Never even thought to look. Can anyone who knows what I'm talking about clarify this for me? It's dark out and I have to go to work tomorrow so don't feel like going back out to check. I have a Shindegen RR to replace the stock one and am keeping my fingers crossed that the problem is there and not in the stator.
  21. I need a waterproof bag idea that will cover one of those over-head, carry-on airline luggage bags. It is about 21" by 14" by 10". I will be carrying it on my cooler rack off my hitch on my 91 VR. Any idea would be appreciated. I though of just 55 gallon black garbage liner and duct tape it so the plastic does not flot in the wind. It isn't much for looks tho.
  22. Greetings all fellow Venturers ! Since I am not able to attend this year due to work and a planned trip to Spain with the family this year I thought that I would get somebody from Iceland to attend on my behalf. Had problem getting my mother to attend so my final option was to send Mr. Black Death instead of Momma. Big Tom has received two bottles of that dreadful drink and i hope he will put them in the freezer and serve to those who would like a taste on Saturday evening:group cheers:. Keep an eye on him for me - he got hooked on Black Death and urinated shark when he and Vicky visited us in Iceland last summer. Sorry I could not send the shark - Don´t want the US custom to get pissed at me. Wish you all the happiest time at Freebirds the coming weekend. Warmest regards to you all from, Jonas and Greta (we will see you in 2013 rain or shine).
  23. See the attached pictures. The wires in question look like Black with red line running the length of the wire and black with intermittant white bands. They go into the wiring harness thru the plug shown on top of the chrome bar. 2nd picture shows black with white bands better. Neither one seem to carry power! I've tried lights, brakes, accessory switches, cruise on/ pushed set, accel, cancel....nothing! The large clear hose you see is for my air horns. Also, the soft rubber plug on the air intake for the cruise pump...is it supposed to go into a hole somewhere? I don't see anywhere for it to mount into. Or is it not a plug? Almost feels like it could be a bellows or something. My cruise isn't working so I'm trying to figure that out also.
  24. Thanks to Jonas....we will have the "BLACK DEATH" at MD.........I'm starting to like that stuff..........
  25. Was parked at the Kangaroo gas station today (19-May-12) around 950 AM and a Blue & Black 07 just like mine went by going east on state road 42 towards Deland.